“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#507784 Mar 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boooots, what are you attempting to do?
Bring reason to this thread?
Everything has to do with Jesus to many of these folks.
They live by faith and their imagination. Rationality is irrelevant to their lives.
You DO know how to read and comprehend din't you?
I could understand boots...but have you suddenly become mentally compromised? Or couldn't you resist the need to needle?

I think perhaps we should rename you lil' pastard needle.

Location hidden

#507785 Mar 21, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you're here.
Of course you are.

You chase her all over every site on topix, like a dog in heat.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#507786 Mar 21, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>a divorced person is a single person. Whatever the circumstances of the divorce, its their conscience that will either free them to pursue another relationship, or cause guilt and shame to pursue another.
Lovely Tri, thank you, Blessings Brother :)

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#507787 Mar 21, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Well good for you!
I don't believe you're an atheist though.
[Riverside Redneck] writer wrote a logic, that I simply can't mentally ignore when I see you atheists on this billboard. Who waste their time arguing against a God, they don't believe exist? that is illogical and counter intuitive.
If you were an atheist, you would do on an atheist billboard, what the Christians do on this billboard. Discuss the philosophy as a group and celebrate the beliefs. You don't do that, you come on this billboard to argue against something you believe is false. Does not compute.
You may desperately want to convince yourself you're an atheist, but so far, you have obviously not succeeded.
That's just my opinion though, but I will stick by it.
If I tell you that I am entertained here; that I enjoy it; that it's a great escape from my everyday life, a few moments every day to goof around.

And at the same time, I have an opportunity to state my own personal beliefs.

And to meet some cool people.

If I tell you that, will you believe me?

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#507788 Mar 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have two birds, some hyssop and cedar, you can cure leprosy.
I think.
Googled... have walked with lepers... was not infected.
Seems like this was a...

Ritual On the Cleansing of a Leper

A. The sacrifice for a cleansed leper.
Leviticus 14
1.(1-9) The first seven days of the ritual.

Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, "This shall be the law of the leper for the day of his cleansing: He shall be brought to the priest. And the priest shall go out of the camp, and the priest shall examine him; and indeed, if the leprosy is healed in the leper, then the priest shall command to take for him who is to be cleansed two living and clean birds, cedar wood, scarlet, and hyssop. And the priest shall command that one of the birds be killed in an earthen vessel over running water. As for the living bird, he shall take it, the cedar wood and the scarlet and the hyssop, and dip them and the living bird in the blood of the bird that was killed over the running water. And he shall sprinkle it seven times on him who is to be cleansed from the leprosy, and shall pronounce him clean, and shall let the living bird loose in the open field. He who is to be cleansed shall wash his clothes, shave off all his hair, and wash himself in water, that he may be clean. After that he shall come into the camp, and shall stay outside his tent seven days. But on the seventh day he shall shave all the hair off his head and his beard and his eyebrows; all his hair he shall shave off. He shall wash his clothes and wash his body in water, and he shall be clean."

a. Then the priest shall command to take for him who is to be cleansed two living and clean birds: In this cleansing ceremony, one bird was killed in an earthen vessel over running water, and its blood was applied to a living bird, to some cedar wood, to some scarlet fabric, and to some hyssop. Then, using these things, the blood was sprinkled on the one who was cleansed from leprosy. Then, the living bird was let go.
http://www.enduringword.com/commentaries/0314...

mmmmmmmmmm
Interesting... Reminds me of an Island Ritual to try and help as I believe the woods here are as 'disinfectant'.

Location hidden

#507789 Mar 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I tell you that I am entertained here; that I enjoy it; that it's a great escape from my everyday life, a few moments every day to goof around.
And at the same time, I have an opportunity to state my own personal beliefs.
And to meet some cool people.
If I tell you that, will you believe me?
I won't, that's fer sure.

Location hidden

#507790 Mar 21, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you're here.
I'm glad you're here too. I backspaced a lot.

:-)

Location hidden

#507791 Mar 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Of course you are.
You chase her all over every site on topix, like a dog in heat.
Careful Cap'n.

Tide is my friend. I hope you are too. I would like you to be.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#507792 Mar 21, 2013

Uploaded on 24 Nov 2009
Leprosy Eliminated? is a documentary project looking into the lives that people with leprosy lead. Despite leprosy being curable it is still very much prevalent in the world for a number of reasons. Most westerners do not even realise that this biblical disease stills exists in this age. For more information on leprosy and the project please visit www.tom-bradley.com and www.tombradley.wordpress.com .

Location hidden

#507793 Mar 21, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful Cap'n.
Tide is my friend. I hope you are too. I would like you to be.
Let's just leave it there for now then.
I don't make friends too easy. Nothing against you.

Location hidden

#507794 Mar 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Let's just leave it there for now then.
I don't make friends too easy. Nothing against you.
I don't either.

Fair nuff

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#507795 Mar 21, 2013
ANYONE WHO MIGHT NOT KNOW... OR CAN HELP?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Q
Is leprosy a contagious disease?
can it be cured ? how long it takes to cure primary leprosy?

A
Leprosy is a bacterial infection.... therefore infectious. It spreads by droplet nuclei.... Means if a patient with leprosy coughs or sneezes and you manage to breathe in the same air.... You could get the infection....But the catch is.... Leprosy is manifested clinically only when your immunity goes down. So the incubation period (the time between the entry of organism in the body and manifestation of the disease) is very long (can be even as long as 20 years).

Yes it can be cured. It takes about 6 - 12 months of treatment (only oral medicines) and the person is cured. Treatment period depends on the type of leprosy.This can be determined by the doctor with clinical examination, a biopsy and skin smears.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#507796 Mar 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand.
If JLu and I were same-sex we would have been attacked by many Christians.
However, due to our being hetero the attacks are much less.
Yes, that is a double standard.
My question is this, which would you rather have here, two people carrying on a 'hate-fest' or two people carrying on a 'love-fest'?
For myself I find people making playful and non-hurtful sexual inuendos to each other is far superior to the "hate speech" that freely flows through these threads.
I would much rather emulate Song of Songs than Revelations.
For me. it's the double faced posting that is hard to simply skip
by
giving the poster (juicylu lupylu) a free ride -so to speak.

Juicylu has not a care in the world that she posts to IANS that he needs his meds and he has other mental disfunctions..
She will say "it's only topix- lighten up" when she is doing the insulting..
Look at her behavior when ever questioned in any regard to her character/behavior..

Juiclylu and yourself are most certainly painting
picturs w your posts that -let's face it-
are heavily colored that there is a sexual relationship between the two of you.
Much much more inappropriate that HL sending her "vibe" to others.
This woman (juicylu) has outed her soldier husband, her sons' father as a terrible human being.
She layed her and her families troubles right at the heart of many trusting souls here on wsjlm..
-and she repays these people by boasting your libido and her own in
the process?
I simply don;t see how her bahavior can be justified.

NOW- for me- as JL exposes all here, on a thread she claims is "Jesus" inspired, to her cyber online -whaterver- you two are
doing..
She will defend, at all costs, two of the strictest blatantly intolerant christians who have ever happened upon this thread.
Both banned many times for their hatefullness- both vulgar crude and rude..

Her behavior and what they (Q and Lawlest) both deem acceptable in a christian woman, are as night and day.

I wonder, can you see where I am coming from?
I am not a prude..
Just have a hard time w hypocrites and bigots who base their
selfrighteousness on the belief they have the right to
speak for God.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#507797 Mar 21, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, what's your problem with Qu and Lawest anyway? If I don't play this 'role' you speak of, why are they decent blokes to me? To most people actually. You come in here hurling abuse at almost everyone. You can think and type any nastiness you wish upon me. All you are doing right now, is making me right about you.
I'm sure I could find some guys online. Only ever didn't reject one.
You have stroking down to a science.
As long as you say-
"good job christian"- which you forever do.
-those two crybaby christians will call you christian back.

Come on..you surely know the game.??.lol.
You play it so well.

You can do what ever you like online..
-Sell your soul, cry wolf, find 10 cyber partners..
Just be aware that when on a forum as topix.. you expose your thoughts behavior
etc.. to be called upon.. and certainly when claiming a superior
postion on a thread- simply because Jesus is mentioned in the title..

Your narcissistic personality has you believing I am posting in any way
for your benefit?
Juicylu Lupylu,, your thoughts of me are not a concern of mine.
I wish your fractured family well..I hope for healing for
you all..
Honestly.. I pray there is another sdult close by to help you with these
boys of yours that you talk about- share here with topix..

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#507800 Mar 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Well good for you!
Congratulations on your disingenuous post here, http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... , too.
trifecta1 wrote:
I don't believe you're an atheist though.
You don't have to believe I am atheist, however, I do think you are a Christian.

hahaaa.

Location hidden

#507801 Mar 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations on your disingenuous post here, http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... , too.
<quoted text>
You don't have to believe I am atheist, however, I do think you are a Christian.
hahaaa.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#507802 Mar 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It isn't my responsibility to show you church audits.
Of course it isn't - not unless you were correct about the churches, and wanted to demonstrate as much. Personally, I'm satisfied that I've seen enough to take a position on the matter.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
If that's something you want to look into, go for it.
The links and data you provided said it all for me. You were unable to produce data to demonstrate that even one congregation in the United States spent over 7% of its funds on charity for the needy. Additionally, you told us that many don't have even a nickel for them.

I thought that you were trying to defend your claim about the churches being of any value to their respective communities. I have no need to look into it any further.

What more is there to say on the matter if you were unable to produce even a single example of a single congregation that wasn't dead weight on the tax payers of its community?

Fennario

#507803 Mar 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
spir·it·u·al
Adjective
Of, relating to, or affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things
spir·it

Noun
The nonphysical part of a person that is the seat of emotions and character; the soul

OK. So you claim [Authentic Spiritual Experience]
Yep.
trifecta1 wrote:
But you deny the soul exist
Nope. Where do you think I did that?
trifecta1 wrote:
even in the face of science.
Yep.

Science fails to support any claims about a soul existing. Nobody that has claimed that it does has presented any more evidence for it than you have here. You're in the same boat as Riverside Redneck. Like him, you have a bold claim, yet are unable to produce even a shred of data to support it.

Fennario

#507804 Mar 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
You're getting as contrarian, confusing and on shaky foundational ground to any argument as your fellow secular humanist[wilderide] and [hiding from you] writers.
If by contrarian you mean that I am unwilling to yield to your bare, unsupported claims, then yes, I'm guilty as charged.
trifecta1 wrote:
Once again, resorting back to the hypocritical essence of your belief system.
That would be rational skepticism, which accepts no claim just based on somebody's word. I would be a hypocrite if I suddenly abandoned it and accepted your claims without evidence.
trifecta1 wrote:
Your [subjective] opinion of a Jesus Follower [subjective] experiential lifetime spiritual experience with Almighty God YHWH through The Spirit of Jesus Christ, is noted.
You have no such experience. I've already explained how I know that. You were unable to rebut it, or to provide even a crumb of contradictiory data.

You can shout from the rooftops how much you believe that there is a soul. But if you want rational skeptics to agree, you need to produce evidence. Nothing less will do. A man's name is not evidence. A book title is not evidence either.

You can't even produce a single review that says that Parnia has found evidence of a soul in the Christian sense of the word - an immaterial essence that survives biological death and can exist without a brain.

Fennario

#507805 Mar 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
How I going to call it fact and I was not there writer? were you there?
We don't need to have been there to know that the Genesis creation story is a myth that never happened. If I find a dead body on the ground, do I need to have been there to know that the person died sometime before? Nope. Do I need to have been there to know that the same person was born before that. Nope.

You probably should just leave the whole subject of evidence to others. You really have no idea what it is or how to evaluate it. The earth is filled with evidence that there was a big bang between thirteen and fourteen billion years ago, and that all life including human life evolved over deep time from a single ancestral life form.
trifecta1 wrote:
I believe it by faith.
Yes, I know. And I don't.

Why? Because faith is guessing and believing that your guess is a fact without supporting evidence, and possibly despite contradictory evidence. As I explained to NoStress, that is an invalid way of thinking unworthy of respect.

From Pat Condell:

"Why is faith considered some kind of virtue? Is it because it implies a certain depth of contemplation and insight? I don't think so. Faith, by definition, is unexamined.

"The truth is that faith is nothing more than the deliberate suspension of disbelief. It's an act of will. It's not a state of grace. It's a state of choice, because without evidence, you've got no reason to believe, apart from your willingness to believe. So why is that worthy of respect, any more than your willingness to poke yourself in the eye with a pencil?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min URineIdiot 701,707
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 12 min NotSoDivineMsM 80,511
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 13 min Dang Jersey Piney 448,421
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Prince of Darkness 995,804
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Wisdom of Ages 6,872
some blacks want reparations for slavery via wh... (Sep '11) 4 hr thehells 62
His Time has Come!: James Harden 2017-18 MVP!!! 17 hr Doctor REALITY 1