Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#507541 Mar 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. neckties can be fun. How many do you have ??..
IMO - they're not a good look even on butch types; AND if you think about it, wearing one is conforming to male dominance;)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#507542 Mar 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
He went to fight wars for his country and his king. Of his honor and his glory the people would sing.
A bullet had found him, his blood ran as he cried. No money could save him, so he laid down and he died.
Lucky man,Emerson,Lake and Palmer song.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#507543 Mar 21, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Yet you seem to have no problem being hurtful to others.
Who am I hurtful to besides Dim?

Lil Whiskas? She's a basket case. The weather report would send her into a dither.

NoStress? I told her that I thought that faith was mindless and she took it hard. It wasn't a personal comment, even if she chose to take it personally.

If you find my opinions about faith, your god, your bible, your church, and your values hurtful, sorry. Buck up. I'm not alone, and it seems certain that you will be hearing opinions like mine increasingly frequently over the years. Nobody is trying to be hurtful. It's what we believe.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#507544 Mar 21, 2013
>here< and >the<

Location hidden

#507545 Mar 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Disagree.
Your god doesn't exist. It's "laws" are actually the words of ancient, cruel, paternalistic, and exploitative men, and should affect absolutely nobody that doesn't willingly submitting to them.
<quoted text>
We put ourselves in place of your church, which claims to speak for that mythical god. No gods have given us any commands.
See how easy that was - you have an opinion and are free to post it, and I have one too, the difference being that you have threatened me to not post it. All ideas not violating the Topix TOS have an equal place here. You have no say over what I can post, or to whom.
Are we all up to speed on free speech and pluralistic societies now? I don't really care how sensitive you are. If you can't deal with contradictory ideas or direct questions, you don't belong on Topix, where all ideas are welcome. This isn't a sheltered environment like your prayer circles and bible studies that you are accustomed to, or maybe even like this thread used to be. It's the real world, and it includes unbelievers and our opinions. If you shatter at the sight of such words, you're not ready for public message boards.
Your welcome to disagree.

Location hidden

#507546 Mar 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
lol cute.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#507547 Mar 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
lol cute.
.. thanks ..

.. if you have at least three neckties, you're welcome to try them out on me ..

Fennario

#507548 Mar 21, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
It's good to see this from you. But you fail to see who is pushing the "my way or the highway" theme. It's not atheists. It's fundies. Atheists are the ones fighting that, since people like you remain silent when the fundies start pushing.
Good post. Christianity is intolerant of everything non-Christian except when forced to tolerate it. It stoned, burned, stretched and impaled us when it could. Most of that disappeared.

Then it convinced our compatriots that we were unfit to teach, unfit t coach, unfit to adopt, unfit to serve in public office, unfit to give expert testimony in court, and unfit to serve on juries because we were shiftless and outside the bounds of decency. Most of that has disappeared.

Now, it's down to keying our cars, boycotting our businesses, harassing our children and executing our pets.

And lately, I've started seeing pleas from the Christians to get along, and to live and let live. That's a good sign.

And I'm sure that we can once their church has atrophied away and is no longer emboldening them to be so dictatorial and dogmatic about who their god considers an abomination and worthy of their scorn.

Location hidden

#507549 Mar 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Who am I hurtful to besides Dim?
Lil Whiskas? She's a basket case. The weather report would send her into a dither.
NoStress? I told her that I thought that faith was mindless and she took it hard. It wasn't a personal comment, even if she chose to take it personally.
If you find my opinions about faith, your god, your bible, your church, and your values hurtful, sorry. Buck up. I'm not alone, and it seems certain that you will be hearing opinions like mine increasingly frequently over the years. Nobody is trying to be hurtful. It's what we believe.
Here you go running from poster to poster your insecurities is showing up on your shelves.Quit whinning.You need to buck up.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#507550 Mar 21, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm into church history, so I very much watch and keep up with what the Vatican teach and what the Pope does.
And one thing is clear, from Pope John Paul...Catholicism is getting more conservative. Because this Pope is a Jesuit. So strong into the word and teachings. So I watching carefully.
But I as you would not worship in the Catholic church. Too much teachings that not biblical. I personally think if they allow priests to marry, they wouldn't have this child abuse scandal going on that making a few perverse priests taint the whole Vatican. No where in the bible it say priest or leaders can't marry. Rome go put that burden on they shoulder, and look what happen.
When the church starts failing, you'll find the standards become relaxed and some traditions done away with for the sake of keeping their position in society. In a BBC report that I saw on Monday night, a reporter that interviewed the pope said that there are 4 major issues this pope (Francis) has to accomplish while in office.

1. Train and ordain more priests for the church.
2. Modernize the church and give more rights to the women and nuns.
3. Shift the church central, meaning; GLBT will be shown more tolerance, and
4. Reunite the churches (all the squabbling children) back the the mother church.

Watch out for the ntional sunday law and talks of some priests being given authority to marry. I'm not sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings here but the truth is no respecter of man. The so called tomb of Simon Peter (in St. Peter's Basillica) which is more than likely the tomb of Simon Magnus, has no place in the temple as the dead defiles the living, nor should the dead be taken where the Creator of all mankind is invited to dwell. They all kiss the tomb before they vote. Most churches are protestant or denominations. Denominations of the Catholic church protesting against their mother and some of her traditions. Yet, most church traditions are pagan.

Christianity (which resembles noth Abrahamic), while claiming to be the legitimate seed of Abraham is the least Abrahamic of the 4 Abrahamic religions. Quite odd, don't you think?

Andrew (CS).

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#507551 Mar 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Y'all expect God to notice the pathogen and eradicate it, this keeping us from harm.
But it wouldn't end there, He'd have to eradicate all deadly pathogens & diseases. He'd have to interfere with nature and *it's* free will.
God don't work that way.
Our problems are our own.
He gave us the ability to fix it ourselves, I think that's what He wants.
Hahaha, that's cute.

Nature has "free will"?

Hahaha.

Fremont, CA

#507552 Mar 21, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Cybersexing how? flirting or sexual suggestions...what you talking about? and it would depend on if the Christian single or not. If is a single Christian and he or she is simply flirting, nothing wrong with that. If they married, that another thing.
Thank you for your answer.

So there's a line between what is acceptable cybersexing and what becomes unacceptable, to a Christian?

Are "sexual suggestions" OK, or not?

I hesitate to get too graphic, but how about if the lady says to the gentleman, "I want to xxxx your xxxx"?

Acceptable sexual suggestion?

Location hidden

#507553 Mar 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
.. thanks ..
.. if you have at least three neckties, you're welcome to try them out on me ..
Nay,Those neckties make too pretty bows.

Fremont, CA

#507554 Mar 21, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
When the church starts failing, you'll find the standards become relaxed and some traditions done away with for the sake of keeping their position in society. In a BBC report that I saw on Monday night, a reporter that interviewed the pope said that there are 4 major issues this pope (Francis) has to accomplish while in office.
1. Train and ordain more priests for the church.
2. Modernize the church and give more rights to the women and nuns.
3. Shift the church central, meaning; GLBT will be shown more tolerance, and
4. Reunite the churches (all the squabbling children) back the the mother church.
Watch out for the ntional sunday law and talks of some priests being given authority to marry. I'm not sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings here but the truth is no respecter of man. The so called tomb of Simon Peter (in St. Peter's Basillica) which is more than likely the tomb of Simon Magnus, has no place in the temple as the dead defiles the living, nor should the dead be taken where the Creator of all mankind is invited to dwell. They all kiss the tomb before they vote. Most churches are protestant or denominations. Denominations of the Catholic church protesting against their mother and some of her traditions. Yet, most church traditions are pagan.
Christianity (which resembles noth Abrahamic), while claiming to be the legitimate seed of Abraham is the least Abrahamic of the 4 Abrahamic religions. Quite odd, don't you think?
Andrew (CS).
Would you disapprove of cybersexing between two posters on this thread?

Is it morally acceptable?

Fennario

#507555 Mar 21, 2013
He was rude and hostile to me for no more reason than that I failed to respect that which he considered sacred. I understand that, but I don't accept or respect it. Like a few others, he seemed to be trying to post the most hurtful things that he could think of. I pretty much rejected him then. I have no patience for any of that.
Catcher1 wrote:
I agree fully. C_S, constantly calling people perverts. But he was fun to goof on. Remember, entertainment counts.
Yes, you are correct - entertainment counts. And I appreciate people like him and Dim. As you know, I enjoy a good food fight. It's a creative exercise. And they are both really good sports to volunteer themselves as chew toys like that. Counter_Strike has apparently figured out to stand down. Has he left the thread? I can't look at every post any more. There are too many.

But the exceedingly dim Dim promises to be the gift that keeps on giving.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#507556 Mar 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So there's a line between what is acceptable cybersexing and what becomes unacceptable, to a Christian?
I hesitate to get too graphic, but how about if the lady says to the gentleman, "I want to xxxx your xxxx"?
No. That's Lewd. not acceptable for anybody muchless a Christian. That Christian may just be religious.

Fennario

#507557 Mar 21, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
I think Obama might be Jesus.
His real name is Jomama.

You know what Obama doesn't get enough credit for? A name that's fun to belch: "Ba-raaaaaccckkkk!!" Who was the last president to have a good belching name?

Taft had the best name to fart - maybe Bush - which will be of interest to Dr. Shrink.

Admit it Juice. This is much more fun that reading the posts of those bible-regurgitating stiffs.

Fennario

#507558 Mar 21, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
To whom then as servants are we responible in matters of faith and worship.
Nobody. You forgive yourselves.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#507559 Mar 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Such language!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#507560 Mar 21, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>See with him a bit. The poor nut actually believes he has taken over the billboard just because the secular humanists write more writings and longer writings which I think most Christians just ignore most times.
So now he and his others humorous...I mean, humanists, think they hijack Christianity because they writing on a billboard with a Christian title and some Christians on it. They clinging to life just like they philosophy.
This isn't a billboard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min truth 649,630
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 24 min Bongo 55,653
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr AussieBobby 425
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr crust 281,467
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa 106,051
TRUTH about illegal aliens (Aug '14) 4 hr Knock off purse s... 12
Does anybody know Doctor REALITY'S race or nati... 4 hr Knock off purse s... 36
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 9 hr Noname 69
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 hr Hangman 972,378
More from around the web