Rosa Winkel

Parramatta, Australia

#507409 Mar 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Geeeze! They call ya the forum nazi?
Well I'll have ya know I figger ya fer a fine upstand'n gal! An I'm a fantasmagorical judge o' character. If ya don't believe me, jist ask Miss Kitty, down at the SALOON! Don't pay no 'tension ta them posts ya jist read 'bout all that mischiveous stuff an all.
Well, thanks 4 that.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#507410 Mar 21, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, thanks 4 that.
Yer welcome RW...seriously.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#507411 Mar 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Churches like the ones you're describing, the ones that don't have money to spend on their neighborhoods, usually have a small army of volunteers that volunteer their own time and their own money to benefit the neighborhood.
It's not always the particular church or the church owners that benefit the neighborhood, sometimes it's the church guests.
Why are the claims always of the form that we just need to take somebody's word for it? Your claim was that the church does a significant amount of valuable charitable work. I asked for accounting data, and that failed to confirm your claim. Now it's reduced to volunteers doing I don't know what, and people who visit the church. Of course, these are just empty claims as well.

You've got the same problem as Trifecta with his claims about some book. Just claims. No reviews that support his position. No peer-reviewed journal publications that he can point to. Just a fervent hope in the existence of a soul. That seems to be enough for him, and now for you as well in this area - the assumption that the churches must be of some benefit to society, which I'm sure you sincerely believe with all your heart.

But that is not enough for everybody. As you well know, evidence based thinkers require more. You also know that claims such as yours and Trifecta's are rejected if they cannot be supported.

This is precisely why we reject the claim for a god - not because of rebellion, nor the desire to sin without accountability, nor hate for any god, nor bigotry against Christians, but simple skepticism and evidence based thought. We don't believe such claims just because somebody else does, however fervently.

Anyway, my working hypothesis remains that the churches probably do almost nothing of value for the public, and that what little they do with the money they receive could be done more efficiently by the government, which hopefully would return more than 6-7% of the revenues earmarked for helping the needy as it would not be spending any of it on churches or pastors.

And furthermore, I believe that anybody claiming to be a charity and receiving tax breaks should be forced to prove that they deserve them by submitting to regular audits, as the United Kingdom seems to do, which is how we know that so little of the contributions going to Mother Teresa went to the needy. Most went to the greedy.

And so far, you have not been able to provide any evidence to the contrary.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#507412 Mar 21, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... yeah, it's new :D
I see it still has over 9,000 posts associated with it.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#507413 Mar 21, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/ 2013/03/20/behind-closed-doors -pope-supported-civil-unions-i n-argentina-activist-says/ Are you LISTENING,America?? Are you LISTENING,Rome?? Are you LISTENING,rest of the world??? LISTEN: A R-E-A-L 'man of God' would NOT 'support' homosexual and lesbian unions. Yes,the False Prophet has arrived!!
You're behind the times doctor, the false prophetS have already been here for a loooooooooong time now.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#507414 Mar 21, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Very >>>Lawest<<<
I think of the raven and Elijah...
Your 'peace' is short and sweet today?
But... Blessings do come in all forms, and any peace is better than none... from my bed... thru my window... in the garden...
So thank you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =txzOErCuQloXX
God Bless you Brother.
((((( IRRIRA ))))

Thank you my friend, God Bless you too.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#507415 Mar 21, 2013
Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi there (((((Lawest)))))))(c:
Doing well here thank you .
I hope that all is foing well for you brother.
It is my friend, and what isn't God is working on my behalf, good to see you.

Peace.

Fennario

#507416 Mar 21, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Oh, that is science to you eh?[Wherever the universe came from] is science.
No, it is not.

You asked where the source for the earth and life on it - the solar nebula - came from, and I answered, "Wherever the universe came from."

That is not science. Most things aren't. This post isn't science. Neither is the Atlantic Ocean. Nor is taking a shower.
trifecta1 wrote:
But Dr Parnia, nobel Prize winners and global doctors what they say, AINT science right doctor?
I didn't say that Parnia isn't doing science. What I said is that his work has not produced the results that you claim or imply it has.
trifecta1 wrote:
And you call me religious??? hmmmm.
Yes, I do. Don't you? Your thinking is faith based.
trifecta1 wrote:
The first few chapters of Genesis is not an historical account of the universe. Its a visionary account of the universe. No one was there when the universe was created except YHWH and Spirits.
I'm not sure whether you are calling the Genesis creation story myth or fact, but either way, it is a false history of the universe taught as truth for millennia, now debunked by scientists, and as a result of that, often called metaphor these days.

Fennario

#507417 Mar 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I think there are some true atheists out there, but not in here. I can't see a true non-believer wasting their time discussing a god they claim doesn't exist.
Then you think that I'm not an atheist? Do you mind if I start calling myself a Christian based on your say so?

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#507418 Mar 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>A Zebra!

Holey jump'n Jehosephat!

How'd ya ever know that!

You sure you ain't some kind o' interpol spy like G was warn'n us about?
Yep. I'm interpol.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#507419 Mar 21, 2013
Rosa Winkel wrote:
<quoted text>How's it going?:-)

My motto when it comes to trolls is: Illegitimi non carborundum.
Is yours Beady?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#507420 Mar 21, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Well Miss kitty said they was all "fine" upstand'n gals.
She said they was nice "laying down" gals.

that ear infection is gonna git ya kilt yet/

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#507421 Mar 21, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
You came here as a "new" poster, in Dec.. "hahha'
kissing the ugly behinds of Lawlest and Qu..
You joined in on their hatred for me- sending bs posts to my opinons/posts-
in support of their bigotry and riducule of the homosexual community- you have supported their bigotry and hatred on the name of my God.
That's how this all began..
My dislike for you.
As far as your under garments.. I am sure as you keep
playing make-believe and pretending to be from "oz"
and a mother of young children....umm.......
''''nevermind..you must be far to busy for what I may be
thinking here..
You are a trouble maker and a serpent in what can be an otherwise peaceful internet discussion room, you come into this thread right at a time when it is generally serene and when people are posting in peace with one another, you like to stir the pot and Christ is nowhere about you because you don't convey the ways of peace with others and you attack and demean others for no other reason than the fact that they can get along well with people that YOU have issues with, you are full of the devil and you sow the seeds of discord.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#507422 Mar 21, 2013
we all have love , so jesus gives us his love...

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#507423 Mar 21, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove she's truly in Australia.
Can you?
Prove she has young school age boys..-heck, they need their mum..nore than YOU do..(laughing)
She flirted w the notion she was married to a soldier..
then she painted an evil picture of said "soldier"..
right here- long post- on wsjlm..
Are you saying you know this woman inreal life/?
I am calling your bluff if that is what you are saying here.
WHY??????....is it so important to you that any of this be proven?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#507424 Mar 21, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
lol..
okay.
You and this poster- juicy- are in contact via telephone..
You are having a sexual whatever over the tele and
are just
sharing bits and pieces here on wsjlm..topix?
Like I said before- I am calling your bluff.
Whatever though dude..
If it's all working for you..
Keep on keeping on..
Juicy seems to be procative in playing any part required
of a good
chistian woman..
He merely talked to a FOOL like a FOOL ( where you are concerned ), but you didn't catch that did you?!

Fennario

#507425 Mar 21, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
That is mountain of a logic for atheists on this billboard, or on other religious discussion boards on topix to overcome. and I think I would agree with, there are no atheists on this billboard.
Then you agree that I am a Christian? Can I make that claim based on your say so and RiversideRednecks?

You're going to love having me on the team, if for no other reason than for the puns:

Praise the Lowered and glory hella-losah, all my borin' again brethren!

Fennario

#507426 Mar 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Who gives a shit if malaria kills?
I do.

Does this mean that I can't be a Christian?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#507427 Mar 21, 2013
Mornin....Mornin....Mornin

There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept.

~ Ansel Adams

Thought for the Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#507428 Mar 21, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, "To live is Christ, to die is gain" (Philippians 1:21). I want to live unto Christ. May the days of my life on this earth be pleasing to You. I pray that I will "die to self" and grow and become more like Christ as I journey toward that day when I will be with You in heaven. Please use me to bless others; to give love, encouragement, help, and guidance where needed; to meet material needs of the needy; and to point people to You. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for all that You have done for me, for all that You are doing in my life right now, and for all You will do in whatever days are to come. In Jesus' precious name I pray, amen

Prime time with God

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Bongo 777,757
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Liam 560,340
Sariyer Samsung Servisi Telefon ( 299 15 34 2... 14 min sansungrete 1
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 27 min Johnny 4,871
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 36 min Mandela 37,843
Moses never existed 45 min Hidingfromyou 814
Chris Bosh: The Forsaken One 51 min Doctor REALITY 3
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 441,810
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr onemale 265,403
More from around the web