|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Again, you'll need to explain that comment in more detail.
"Desires" is a vague term.
<quoted text>It shouldn't be there. I agree with that being removed.
If it makes you feel better, I don't want "In Allah We Trust", nor do I want "In Atheism We Trust" on our currency, or any of the other examples you provided, wording adjusted.
The Holy Church of Catcher is preparing to file a petition with the federal government for a new motto on our currency:

In Catcher We Trust.

Our argument will be that Catcher is more trustworthy than any god.
Adam

Bad Vilbel, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. if you find a post where I attack on a personal level, please bring it to my attention ..
.. again, my posts address principles, not personalities, I'm very clear on that ..
Your gay party won´t come soon as you thought. Human life is like a candle in the wind.It goes by very quickly.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
Then they should be accountable for every bit of money brought in and disbursed, and each disbursement should be accounted for, just like a 501(c)(3) Not for Profit organizations do. Those organizations are also required to disburse 70% of all funds received, and operate on the 30% left.
Sounds good, no?
No. Many of those companies are profitable companies. Like Habitat for Humanity, they flip homes & resell for profit. The catch is that they only give home loans to low income families (families only) and the new homeowner pays no interest on the loan. They are very different than even the mega churches.

Planned parenthood, Salvation Army & YMCA are similar examples.

Churches NEVER charge a fee for their services. Anyone in the country can go to any Christian church & never pay a penny for it.
Or, just possibly, only "real religions" would be left.
As it is now, it's full of charlatans and hucksters that operate under the guise of "church" or religion.
That I agree with. The IRS should scrutinize "churches" to make sure they're abiding by the law. They're supposed to but don't, I'm not sure why.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It is in public property but it is not maintained by the city or county. Volunteers are responsible for the upkeep.
Our government is secular, true. But our government is NOT our nation. The people are. The people in Riverside want that cross to stay, the mass majority, anyway.
A cross on private government property does not violate the Constitution, as the Constitution insures freedom if religion and guarantees that our government cannot form a national religion.
But no prob, we are selling the land to a private owner that will keep the cross standing & the atheists crying.
THAT is the "my way or the highway" mentality of some atheists. They don't care if 99% of the people want a cross on a hill, they want what they want and that's it.
Come on dude, a big old cross is kind of trashy for the environment.

Not that Riverside has any class anyway, but....

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I need an expense account to buy dru...drums.
$1000 per week?
You must really beat the shit out of them.
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine mike... I don't underestimate any mind.
No-one can express God mike... no-one.
As for the mind?
Never!
Take Care
Thanks

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
For me, I look at two components, coming from the same direction:
I have seen evidence of god.
And I see evidence of stuff like childhood artistry, which I find compatible with a god concept.
God is good, man!
So I guess for all those kids dying of disease, deformity and starvation, god is bad?

Man?

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
Years of looking and not finding.
I have found. So have billions of others over the millennia.
Seeing that the people who claim to have found god are seriously lacking in many human qualities that I find valuable.
So you have no tolerance except for what Aero finds tolerable?

Understand that what you find valuable, others would find worthless. And vice versa.

That is tolerance.
Knowing that the god of the bible is a logical absurdity.
Based on.....?
Finding the world to be a much more fascinating place without god than with.

That's YOUR opinion. You have no right to take other's beliefs away.
Seeing the way people who claim to know god but only use it to excuse their own bigotry.

LNAO!!!

Like you?

The person that knows "Knowing that the god of the bible is a logical absurdity"?!?

Hypocrite.
I could go on, but you get the idea.
Maybe.
Try "going on" with a little more tolerance to those with other beliefs than you.

Maybe.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
How do Christians obtain forgiveness without sacrifice?
Ask Dim. They forgive themselves. No sacrifice or any other unpleasantry is required. You just look at the tobacco stains on the ceiling, and demand forgiveness, and it is yours, like from a vending machine, only free. You needn't wait for an answer. As Grace implied referring to the Dimwit, it's a given. It's assured.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I think if apatheist was a choice, you'd find that number pretty high.
I doubt it. That would be someone that doesn't give a shit whether God exists or not and even if He did, it wouldn't affect their life.

Atheists give a shit.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know.
You won't even say what your religion is.
I'm watching about the KKK right now.
They do plenty of harm.
But not nearly as much as they would like to.
And that is because of people like me.
Thanks for that, Aero.

One of the things I appreciate in these threads is that I'm reminded that I'm not alone; that there are others that see and feel things as I do; that we may be in the minority, but we're a tough bunch and will persevere in our efforts to make this country, and the world, a better place.

I say to the racists, bigots, and the religion crowd who attempt to marginalize those in the minority, we'll prevail in the end. If not sooner, than later. We're on the right side of history.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
Come on dude, a big old cross is kind of trashy for the environment.
Not that Riverside has any class anyway, but....
More atheist intolerance?

I thought you were above that, Catch.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi BT...Good or bad difference? How is your Macaw? Mine is picking up more words now..She cracks me up most of the time. They sure are intellegent creatures. I have to get to class now. I will check back in during breaks. Have a blessed day my friend.
Have a Christian friend... with a Budgie.
It leaned from them to say 'Praise the Lord!'

After leaving him with some-one-else when they went away, they called Budgie 'Pretty Boy'.

After that... he added...
"Jesus is a pretty boy. Praise the Lord!"

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

*Then later.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So I guess for all those kids dying of disease, deformity and starvation, god is bad?
Man?
Another atheist blaming God (the god he says he doesn't believe in) for dying kids....

“Which "god"?”

Since: Dec 12

Hell, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>Your heart will 'hold on' there LuLu... you have been through too much to turn back.

If the 'dogie' has not been chipped? I cannot bring myself to get another yet... too soon. Will have to adopt all the village dogs on the Island!

When in Patmos/Turkey-Greece last June, a village one came to our door on arrival. She had no home nor name the folk said, so we named her after our little one...'over the rainbow bride'. They say the village loves her!

What breed is he?
Looks like a Maltese x Shih tsu but more Shih Tsu as he has Ewok face. I meant micro chipped. So I can report his owner to RSPCA.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
you're welcome mike.

“Which "god"?”

Since: Dec 12

Hell, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Adam wrote:
<quoted text>I am already in my bed but that´s fine. Jesus will come because such wonderful human being like you.
That's right, He will. Go to sleep.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What atrocity?!?
Hiding what truth?!?
What are we not trying to overcome?!?
What delusion and denial?!?
I can't read your mind, man.
Can you be specific about it or will you stick to generalizations?
Are you referring to the crusades? Witch burnings? What?!?!?
It appears you have not read anything I have posted in the last couple of hours...or you are in extreme denial. I have spelled it all out quite clearly, yet you keep making believe you are not "seeing" anything I have said. I will not continue reposting that which you refuse to read and/or comprehend.

Topix does not afford the drawing of pictures, so I doubt any rational "typing" will ever make any sense to you from here on out.
I am becoming bored retyping the same message in different ways so that you might understand it. You are simply being obstinate at this point...which I now realize, and you just wish to play me and waste my time, so I will not continue with it any longer--it would obviously be a waste. It has shown other posters how intolerant and evasive you become toward anyone who rationally questions your religion's position, so it hasn't been a complete waste of time.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Thanks for the heads up. As you no doubt have sensed, that is a critical issue for me, and I cannot tell you how relieved I am to read that.
It's remarkable how incisive and perspicacious your insights are. You're doing such good work here!
<quoted text>
Once again, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your invaluable insights. I hadn't been aware of that before now.
And he said,Throw her down so they threw her down and some of her blood was sprinkled on the wall and on the horses and he rode her under foot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 487,661 - 487,680 of596,625
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

672 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min scaritual 680,631
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min USA Born 109,754
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 6 min VIKING WARRIOR 440,854
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 6 min Ed Teach 52,521
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Karma is a_______ 217,164
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min Aura Mytha 250,423
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 22 min Dang It 37,904
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min billyboy169 512,288
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 3 hr Haydos 272
•••
•••
•••