“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#507277 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I was being flippant...
<quoted text>
In the context of my post, "insist" had nothing to do with "acceptable or normal". It had to do with bring forceful or demanding.
I don't think atheists are unacceptable or abnormal, not at all. I'm sorry that you have that impression of me.
I think most atheists are pretty good people. It's the ones that seek to remove religion & change America to their "my way or the highway" attitude that I have a problem with.
<quoted text>
Nevertheless, you have it.
Good post.

It's good to see this from you.

But you fail to see who is pushing the "my way or the highway" theme.

It's not atheists. It's fundies.

Atheists are the ones fighting that, since people like you remain silent when the fundies start pushing.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#507278 Mar 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
He was rude and hostile to me for no more reason that that I failed to respect that which he considered sacred. I understand that, but I don't accept or respect it. Like a few others, he seemed to be trying to post the most hurtful things that he could think of. I pretty much rejected him then. I have no patience for any of that.
I agree fully. C_S, constantly calling people perverts.

But he was fun to goof on.

Remember, entertainment counts.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#507279 Mar 20, 2013
Adam wrote:
How wonderful people you are. One of the future US president will sell ou and prepare the coming of the anti christ.
I think Obama might be Jesus.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#507280 Mar 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post.
Atheists are the ones fighting that, since people like you remain silent when the fundies start pushing.
That's because they are mean.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#507281 Mar 20, 2013
To whom then as servants are we responible in matters of faith and worship.

Who art thou that judgest another man's servant to his own master he standeth or falleth.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#507282 Mar 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Good. I didn't want you to forget that very important test.
I won't luv. I've been rescuing and fostering dogs and cats and birds for awhile now, my Vet even gives me a discount, I've had 2 die in the last 3 years but they were unavoidable :)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#507283 Mar 20, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Talk about a contradicting statement. You should proofread before you hit "post comment".
The attack was against the United States of America.
Not Christianity.
Right, I agree.

But we were more talking about the memorial than the attack.

People of all walks of life were killed that day, the memorial should be tailored to fit the victims & their families, not Americans in general.
So is a teevee. I don't see anyone wanting the put a RCA television on site.
Touché
Many things are representative of the citizens of the U.S.
Here's a novel idea.
How about the U.S Flag.
Nothing I mentioned above or previously is changing a traditional or fundamental American values.
As a matter of fact, what I suggest asserts and promotes those values. Fly the flag. That is one of our central and most iconic representations of the American people.
REMEMBER THE ORIGINAL 13! Then the 14th, then the 15th... 50 states now, all represented on one singular and secular symbol, for all American citizens, none excluded in any way.
I think the Constitution would be a suitable icon to be displayed as well. It speaks to all Americans and those who want to be a citizen, too.
How about the Flag and the Constitution.
What is more American, than that?
Nothing. The Flag and the Constitution are true representations of all Americans.
Yeah, I don't think that can be changed or should in any sort of heavy handed way. I think just about all Americans observe that time, for various reasons. The holiday has essentially lost any religious significance in large part. It's just time off.
I still do not think Santa or the Baby in a Manger Jesus! or any religiously oriented icon or symbol should be displayed on govt. premises or properties, those that are public.
Oh well. You can't get your way on everything. The Nativity scene and now Santa are American icons for Christmas. You're just gonna have to find a way to live with it.

Just please don't try to take it away from people. You'll lose.
I respect people, I respect that many(not all) do observe it.
But, I don't have to respect the institution that it represents, and I don't respect that religiously installed holiday for reasons I've stated.
You know, when I worked for the FAA, I used to volunteer to work over the holidays and fill in for other Final Inspectors because I knew they valued that time.
I made wheelbarrows of money on religiously focused holidays.
hahaaaaa
LMAO!

See? Christmas has its benefits for all.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#507284 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No. Many of those companies are profitable companies. Like Habitat for Humanity, they flip homes & resell for profit. The catch is that they only give home loans to low income families (families only) and the new homeowner pays no interest on the loan. They are very different than even the mega churches.
Planned parenthood, Salvation Army & YMCA are similar examples.
Then those examples you mentioned are not 501(c)(3) Not for profit. They may fall under a different section or heading(there are many), they may be a For Profit charitable organization or entity, and there are guidelines for those, too.

There are many sections and headings that are provided for under IRS guidelines, and I really can't speak to all of them.

I worked for, and was Executive Director for a 501(c)(3)Not For Profit Org., and I supplied the independent accountant with all required receipts etc.. for his yearly report that had to be filed with the IRS.

It was 70/30.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Churches NEVER charge a fee for their services. Anyone in the country can go to any Christian church & never pay a penny for it.
The Organization I worked for never charged a penny, either. Yet, we were scrutinized far more than churches were.

The basic rule was, if you claim "church", as long as you satisfy the religious requirement, it's open season.

I think there should be more oversight than just a blank ticket.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
That I agree with. The IRS should scrutinize "churches" to make sure they're abiding by the law. They're supposed to but don't, I'm not sure why.
Many people have abused the status, do, and will, unless there is some sort of accountability.

In many respects, many of the churches in the U.S have become quite similar to the cleansing of the Temple and the Jesus! running the money changers out.

They're corrupt. Horribly so.

That many Christians do not see that is puzzling.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#507285 Mar 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So far I've only met one christian who now knows I'm atheist, yet still treats me the same as before.
Even she told me I meant agnostic when I told her I was atheist.
In some sense, all believers are fundamentalists.
Not all are extremists.
hmmm...

Ok, I get that.

I was using the textbook definition of fundamentalist, but you make more sense.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#507286 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I wrote:
It's the ones that seek to remove religion & change America to their "my way or the highway" attitude that I have a problem with.
<quoted text>
Extremist groups that want to censor our ability to say that we do believe in God and we do believe in our faith.
Atheists that sue the IRS for giving churches tax exempts.
Atheists that fight in a Riverside, CA court to have a cross remived because they're butt hurt by it.
Atheists that want to fundamentally change America to their desires, forgetting everyone else's desires.
Atheists that bitch about "In God We Trust" & "So help me God" & "Under God".
Atheists that wants to remove the cross at the 9-11 memorial, citing violation of church & state.
Atheists that whine about a nativity scene but not a Santa scene.
Enough?
"When even one American — who has done nothing wrong — is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth, then all Americans are in peril." Pres Truman.
Fundies who want creationism taught in science class.

Fundies who want to prevent people of the same sex from marrying each other.

Fundies who get their tax exemption with the legal agreement that they not get involved in politics campaigning from the pulpit.

Fundies who promote racism.

Fundies who display their religion on publicly owned land while excluding display of other beliefs.

Starting to get the picture.

We won't shut up.

And we won't apologize.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#507287 Mar 20, 2013
Honestly I wouldn´t want to live in that end time where homosexuals have more to say than anyone else.
I wouldn´t want to live under such conditions where Jesus has to come to safe the world. It's our responsibility to safe our societies until Jesus comes.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#507288 Mar 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
Good post.
I think it's extremists on both sides that push the "my way or the highway" attitude.

Theists are fighting atheists.

Atheists are fighting theists.

Ugh.

Ain't freedom grand?

:)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#507289 Mar 20, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ok, señor. You don't ever get to call a Christian a cherry picker, ever.
OK. Except when I feel like it, right?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
have you ever stopped to consider WHAT the verses mean or are you stuck on the words only?
I know what the words mean. I know what almost all English words mean.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I know you save these verses do you can easily respond to someone on Topix, but I seriously doubt you know one single meaning or context of any of them.
Ditto.

Why don't you explain them to us. You can start with the last one:

[17] "So we boiled my son, and ate him. And on the next day I said to her,`Give your son, that we may eat him.' but she has hidden her son" (2 Kings 6:28-29)

Explain the transcendent wisdom of this one to us, Nostradamus.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#507290 Mar 20, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Hello there Deb, how've been doing?
Hi there (((((Lawest)))))))(c:

Doing well here thank you .

I hope that all is foing well for you brother.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#507291 Mar 20, 2013
Whose servant are we not to be.

Ye are bought with a price;be not ye the servant of men.

Satan's methods ever tend to one end,to make men the slaves of men,and thus separate them from God,destroy faith in God and so expose men to tempation and sin.God's work is to set them free.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#507292 Mar 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
I agree fully. C_S, constantly calling people perverts.
But he was fun to goof on.
Remember, entertainment counts.
Every time I saw his name, I thought of some goofy low budget B movie.

You know, you hear gunfire....

A tank rolls by, battered.

A wounded soldier is being carried...

Lightning strikes...

The music gets cornier and cornier...

Then KA-BOOM!

Enter: Counter-Strike!

DUN DUNN DUNNNNNN........

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#507293 Mar 20, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>sounds like a plan then.
They are up to 185,636 now (c:

That is 18 NEW wells!!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#507294 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigotry is bigotry no matter what & no matter if its religious.
<quoted text>
What religious bigotry do you suppose I have??
<quoted text>
The history of Christianity is replete with the spread of freedom & human goodwill.
It DOES have it's dark times, but we've overcome that and moved on.
Join us in the present.
Really?!

You wouldn't know that by the show on the KKK that I just watched.

Or the protesters at a play I spoke with last weekend.

You don't have a dog in this fight.

You're just betting on the one on your side.

We'd like to stop the dog fight altogether.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#507295 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound about as angry as IANS.....
And you sound about as ignorant as adam.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#507296 Mar 20, 2013
Saw this in a good book (c; *wink*

"1 Thessalonians 5
King James Version (KJV)

5 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

12 And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;

13 And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.

14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

16 Rejoice evermore.

17 Pray without ceasing.

18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

19 Quench not the Spirit.

20 Despise not prophesyings.

21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

25 Brethren, pray for us.

26 Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss.

27 I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.

28 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen."

Love,Deb~

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 7 min princeofdarknessi... 8,270
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Buck Crick 880,055
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min Torgo2 272,896
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 26 min Rainbow Kid 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min Robert F 603,383
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 34 min gentlepplpleaser 177,894
How to do a threesome!! 41 min TPedro 5
The Christian Atheist debate 1 hr messianic114 3,934
More from around the web