“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#507211 Mar 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!@ fresh squeezed OJ.
I think you know I don't have any problem with anyone believing in "GOD". I am not an atheist myself. AND...I agree with most of what you have posted. I (personally) just can not accept the YHWH as the original creator, nor the "type" of deity portrayed by the church. It is just way to limited and compromised in the actions which the church has attributed to it. IMO
I don't have a problem believing either BT...
Any church will have to answer for themselves... I don't go to one.
But I don't have any trouble either with just calling God my Father.
I'm an orphan...

But Creator?
If 'for or against'... why not 'for'?
It hasn't been proven yet, but I'm yet to see a lesser human Create everything.

Adaption is one thing... coming to terms with the seed is quite another.
We have that choice too.

What about JAH?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#507212 Mar 20, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwww... Sweet, I haven't seen that one :'(
No, we haven't named him yet, I don't think he's a pup, seems fully grown. I'm taking him to the vet later to see how old he is, if he's ok, if he's chipped etc... If I can I might keep the little guy, he's very cute and follows me everywhere... Poor thing was covered in fleas and dirty no collar, I almost ran him over in all the rain, I think he might have a cold... Sometimes, people truly make me sick...
Be sure they check him for heartworm. Sometimes they do not, and it can be heartbreaking when you become attached and they die of it.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#507213 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead. Use me as your example.
What damage do I cause based on my religion?
I don't know.

You won't even say what your religion is.

I'm watching about the KKK right now.

They do plenty of harm.

But not nearly as much as they would like to.

And that is because of people like me.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#507214 Mar 20, 2013
I think the signs of the last days when the anti christ arrives will be the massive spread of homosexuals worldwide. Homosexuals will come with full force. Homosexuality will be excepted by most churches and everywhere in the west. Homosexuality in the whitehouse, gay US president, homosexual pope, homosexual practice in the army,in the public, gay marriage everywhere in the west. 30%+ x of the world population will be gay. Thatīs because of such wonderful liberal christians among you. Jesus will blame and criticize those ignorants liberal christians at first.It will be their fault.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#507215 Mar 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Now, because you do not like to hear the facts, you accuse me of being angry. That's just plain deflection on your part and you know it.
Rather than address what is stated(because you can't refute it), you resort to the straw argument of making it appear that I am attacking you out of anger...in effect, making it appear "personal" when it is not. Your continued denial and evasion is evidence of "willful ignorance". Actuality is knocking on the door.
I have heard no facts from you, BT... Just your general sweeping accusations and nothing specific.

You're talking about a people, a war, that happened about 4,000 years ago and blaming Christianity for it when in fact, there was no Christianity when that happened.

That's why I told you to join us in the present, it appears like your stuck in the past and are continuing to blame current Christians for the acts of past Christians and past Israelites that weren't even Christian....

Location hidden

#507216 Mar 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
Keep it out of my lifr.
When religion leaves me alone, I'll leave it alone.
What does that mean?

How is religion interfering with your life?

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#507218 Mar 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Be sure they check him for heartworm. Sometimes they do not, and it can be heartbreaking when you become attached and they die of it.
He'll be checked for everything, dw :)

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#507219 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why should they pay taxes? There are non profit businesses (lol, I know. But they're supposed to be and a lot of them are).
No non-profit company pays federal taxes, some are eve exempt from sales tax, churches aren't.
Then they should be accountable for every bit of money brought in and disbursed, and each disbursement should be accounted for, just like a 501(c)(3) Not for Profit organizations do. Those organizations are also required to disburse 70% of all funds received, and operate on the 30% left.

Sounds good, no?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Also because there is no surer way to destroy the free exercise of religion than to tax it.
Or, just possibly, only "real religions" would be left.

As it is now, it's full of charlatans and hucksters that operate under the guise of "church" or religion.

Location hidden

#507220 Mar 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
I don't know.
You won't even say what your religion is.
I'm watching about the KKK right now.
They do plenty of harm.
But not nearly as much as they would like to.
And that is because of people like me.
OMG what??

I've mentioned that I'm Christian at least a thousand times on Topix.

You're making an excuse by saying that you don't know.

The KKK isn't a religion, just FYI.

I'd fight those evil bastards right along side you, Aero. Believe that.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#507221 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
We have no God?
-or-
There is no God?
Huh...
How have you come to this conclusion...?
Years of looking and not finding.

Seeing that the people who claim to have found god are seriously lacking in many human qualities that I find valuable.

Knowing that the god of the bible is a logical absurdity.

Finding the world to be a much more fascinating place without god than with.

Seeing the way people who claim to know god but only use it to excuse their own bigotry.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

Maybe.

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#507222 Mar 20, 2013
Adam wrote:
I think the signs of the last days when the anti christ arrives will be the massive spread of homosexuals worldwide. Homosexuals will come with full force. Homosexuality will be excepted by most churches and everywhere in the west. Homosexuality in the whitehouse, gay US president, homosexual pope, homosexual practice in the army,in the public, gay marriage everywhere in the west. 30%+ x of the world population will be gay. ThatÂīs because of such wonderful liberal christians among you. Jesus will blame and criticize those ignorants liberal christians at first.It will be their fault.
Another genius has arrived,,, <rolling eyes>... Not you though. STFU and go to bed :)
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#507223 Mar 20, 2013
Half-time at Quickens Loans Arena in Cleveland: Cavaliers:55 Heat:34 Either this is a fluke,and the Heat are going to demolish them in the second half,or the Boo Birds are rattling the Heat and their former 'king'.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#507225 Mar 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You assume JLU "knows" that. Hell, I forgot.
Now, if those with dinimished capacity are to be afforded "considrations" why do you pick on the 'Christians' who are a bit "daft" ?
Not picking on you but I find it a bit contradictory.
.. if you find a post where I attack on a personal level, please bring it to my attention ..

.. again, my posts address principles, not personalities, I'm very clear on that ..

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#507226 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It is in public property but it is not maintained by the city or county. Volunteers are responsible for the upkeep.
Our government is secular, true. But our government is NOT our nation. The people are. The people in Riverside want that cross to stay, the mass majority, anyway.
A cross on private government property does not violate the Constitution, as the Constitution insures freedom if religion and guarantees that our government cannot form a national religion.
But no prob, we are selling the land to a private owner that will keep the cross standing & the atheists crying.
THAT is the "my way or the highway" mentality of some atheists. They don't care if 99% of the people want a cross on a hill, they want what they want and that's it.
Good, if they purchase the property and it's private land, great. Put spot lights on it, make it shine and glisten. Pass out fliers with free admission on Tuesdays.

Don't use public property for display of a religious icon that implies govt. inclination to favor a specific religion.

That is what that promotes.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#507227 Mar 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
How did we do that? You are free to communicate with anybody present here that is willing. Are you suggesting that the Christians won't communicate with you now because of our presence?
lil whispers wrote:
Well for your information I will continue to post to cap and think there are afew other believers that will do so too.
Thanks for the heads up. As you no doubt have sensed, that is a critical issue for me, and I cannot tell you how relieved I am to read that.

It's remarkable how incisive and perspicacious your insights are. You're doing such good work here!
lil whispers wrote:
You alone are responible for your actions ...
Once again, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your invaluable insights. I hadn't been aware of that before now.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#507228 Mar 20, 2013
LeBron James is leading ALL PLAYERS ON BOTH TEAMS tonight with a total of 'F-O-U-R' TURNOVERS. Yes,the Quickens Loans Boo-Birds are cold-hearted MONSTERS tonight!!!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#507229 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, maybe I was a little off...
From your link:
"people in the United States were most sure of the existence of God or a higher power (2% atheist, 4% agnostic)"
Big whoopdie do.
That's still 6,000,000 of us.

And that number is only going to grow.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#507230 Mar 20, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwww... Sweet, I haven't seen that one :'(
No, we haven't named him yet, I don't think he's a pup, seems fully grown. I'm taking him to the vet later to see how old he is, if he's ok, if he's chipped etc... If I can I might keep the little guy, he's very cute and follows me everywhere... Poor thing was covered in fleas and dirty no collar, I almost ran him over in all the rain, I think he might have a cold... Sometimes, people truly make me sick...
Your heart will 'hold on' there LuLu... you have been through too much to turn back.

If the 'dogie' has not been chipped? I cannot bring myself to get another yet... too soon. Will have to adopt all the village dogs on the Island!

When in Patmos/Turkey-Greece last June, a village one came to our door on arrival. She had no home nor name the folk said, so we named her after our little one...'over the rainbow bride'. They say the village loves her!

What breed is he?
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#507231 Mar 20, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Another genius has arrived)
I am already in my bed but thatīs fine. Jesus will come because such wonderful human being like you.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#507232 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"if" the number approaches 50....
Don't you find it strange that out of the roughly 15% of Americans that aren't religious, only 2% identify themselves as atheist?
I think if apatheist was a choice, you'd find that number pretty high.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 6 min RiccardoFire 36,864
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min AussieBobby 259,232
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min Le_le 173,648
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Fetus Christ 738,819
what happened on 9/15 in briar gate subdivision 18 min Cisco Kid 2
Right to bear arms and mass shootings 24 min Cisco Kid 36
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 48 min RiccardoFire 95,450
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 51 min hojo 542,144
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 12 hr Chlo-chan 149
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••