Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#507288 Mar 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
Good post.
It's good to see this from you.
But you fail to see who is pushing the "my way or the highway" theme.
It's not atheists. It's fundies.
Atheists are the ones fighting that, since people like you remain silent when the fundies start pushing.
I think it's extremists on both sides that push the "my way or the highway" attitude.

Theists are fighting atheists.

Atheists are fighting theists.

Ugh.

Ain't freedom grand?

:)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#507289 Mar 20, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ok, seƱor. You don't ever get to call a Christian a cherry picker, ever.
OK. Except when I feel like it, right?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
have you ever stopped to consider WHAT the verses mean or are you stuck on the words only?
I know what the words mean. I know what almost all English words mean.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I know you save these verses do you can easily respond to someone on Topix, but I seriously doubt you know one single meaning or context of any of them.
Ditto.

Why don't you explain them to us. You can start with the last one:

[17] "So we boiled my son, and ate him. And on the next day I said to her,`Give your son, that we may eat him.' but she has hidden her son" (2 Kings 6:28-29)

Explain the transcendent wisdom of this one to us, Nostradamus.

“John 3:seventeen”

Since: Feb 07

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#507290 Mar 20, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Hello there Deb, how've been doing?
Hi there (((((Lawest)))))))(c:

Doing well here thank you .

I hope that all is foing well for you brother.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#507291 Mar 20, 2013
Whose servant are we not to be.

Ye are bought with a price;be not ye the servant of men.

Satan's methods ever tend to one end,to make men the slaves of men,and thus separate them from God,destroy faith in God and so expose men to tempation and sin.God's work is to set them free.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#507292 Mar 20, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
I agree fully. C_S, constantly calling people perverts.
But he was fun to goof on.
Remember, entertainment counts.
Every time I saw his name, I thought of some goofy low budget B movie.

You know, you hear gunfire....

A tank rolls by, battered.

A wounded soldier is being carried...

Lightning strikes...

The music gets cornier and cornier...

Then KA-BOOM!

Enter: Counter-Strike!

DUN DUNN DUNNNNNN........

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#507293 Mar 20, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>sounds like a plan then.
They are up to 185,636 now (c:

That is 18 NEW wells!!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#507294 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigotry is bigotry no matter what & no matter if its religious.
<quoted text>
What religious bigotry do you suppose I have??
<quoted text>
The history of Christianity is replete with the spread of freedom & human goodwill.
It DOES have it's dark times, but we've overcome that and moved on.
Join us in the present.
Really?!

You wouldn't know that by the show on the KKK that I just watched.

Or the protesters at a play I spoke with last weekend.

You don't have a dog in this fight.

You're just betting on the one on your side.

We'd like to stop the dog fight altogether.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#507295 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound about as angry as IANS.....
And you sound about as ignorant as adam.

God BELIEVES in YOU~

#507296 Mar 20, 2013
Saw this in a good book (c; *wink*

"1 Thessalonians 5
King James Version (KJV)

5 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

12 And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;

13 And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.

14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

16 Rejoice evermore.

17 Pray without ceasing.

18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

19 Quench not the Spirit.

20 Despise not prophesyings.

21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

25 Brethren, pray for us.

26 Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss.

27 I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.

28 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen."

Love,Deb~

Fennario

#507297 Mar 20, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. it's easy for me to see why NoStress is offended. You have a gift with words complimented by impeccable critical thinking skills.
Thanks.

I offend most Christians. Although that is not my purpose, and I regret that it is true, I obviously can't care unless I am also willing to back down on my criticisms of their church and soften my message, and I am not.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#507298 Mar 20, 2013
scaritual wrote:
The basic rule was, if you claim "church", as long as you satisfy the religious requirement, it's open season.
That's the 1st Amendment, buddy.

Sorry.
I think there should be more oversight than just a blank ticket.
Agreed.
Many people have abused the status, do, and will, unless there is some sort of accountability.
In many respects, many of the churches in the U.S have become quite similar to the cleansing of the Temple and the Jesus! running the money changers out.
They're corrupt. Horribly so.
That many Christians do not see that is puzzling.
More and more Christians are taking notice.

Some refuse to acknowledge it, maybe because they're just to stupid or ignorant, or they are financially invested & want a good return.

Unfortunately, a lot of churches in America have become greedy & corrupt, I agree.

It will change. It HAS to.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#507299 Mar 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I could be wrong but I think JLu thinks you are WaterNymph.
Not sure why Juicy/ Illim. would think that I am W_N.
Does she think only one poster would be capable of
seeing the bs which simply is Jlu.?

You seem to be in a full blown internet nut fest w this gal.
Good luck to you..

-yuck.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#507300 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should they pay taxes? There are non profit businesses (lol, I know. But they're supposed to be and a lot of them are).
No non-profit company pays federal taxes, some are eve exempt from sales tax, churches aren't.
Also because there is no surer way to destroy the free exercise of religion than to tax it.
An explicitly stated condition of their tax exemption is that they refrain from politicking from the pulpit.

Many openly violate that with impunity.

That has to stop.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#507301 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright, alright. I apologize.
'twas a bit hasty on my part.
You are entitled to your opinions.
<quoted text>
Dick.
It's Catcher.

Pastor Catcher.

You can call me Catch.
Adam

Germany

#507302 Mar 20, 2013
You christian iberal morons must understand that Homosexuality is the axis of evil. Everyone who is not against them will be with them.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#507303 Mar 20, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
God is above all earthly rulers and His law above all human laws.He made us and we therefore owe allegience to Him before any earthly power,poentate or tribunal.
What do those do therefore who make men accountable to them in religious affairs.
They put themselves in the place of God.
pharisees.

They go around with their religious artifacts on their sleeves and stifle the truth of their own hypocrisy.

Fennario

#507304 Mar 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Often, I do not agree with most of the points many Christians pursue here either, but debasing them will not further any discussion which could lead to some possible learning or understanding either.
We have different objectives.
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
What I am witnessing is a complete breakdown of any and all communication just for the purpose of celebrating gangstyle victory.
Really? I've never seen much communication between the two.
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
If you feel I have singled you out as an unfair aggressor, then you must feel some uncomfortable pangs of your own conscience. Those are yours to own, not mine.
No, I don't. You may have them.
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Why do you suppose the gang has all moved to this thread?
We're intrigues and entertained by this thread. Personally, I have no other experience before this on a predominantly Christian thread.
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Any attempt you may be making to communicate reasonably with these posters will also be made futile in the process. Is that condoned and welcomed by you?--because that is exactly what I see coming down the alley...YOUR voice is going to be overrun by insolence and kangaroo court mentality also...enjoy.
I know what it coming, and I am good with it.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#507306 Mar 20, 2013
Adam wrote:
You christian iberal morons must understand that Homosexuality is the axis of evil. Everyone who is not against them will be with them.
I don't believe you.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#507307 Mar 20, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. if you find a post where I attack on a personal level, please bring it to my attention ..
.. again, my posts address principles, not personalities, I'm very clear on that ..
You made a personal confrintation based on a possibly erroneous assumption. Had I thought you did it on purpose I would have addressed you for a "Strawman Fallacy".

I was making an interesting observation on principles you expressed.
No need to take it personally.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#507308 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice evasion.
How about one sentence?
You know, with one accusation...
And without your own answer...
You can do it, I have faith.
No evasion...you are in denial of the facts of history and even of the very writing in your own book...and the atrocities of the Abrahamic religions going on this very minute.

How many sentences do you want me to write that you will completely ignore.

You are a waste of time, and being obstinate and arrogant at that.

I will make this my last post to you, because you are either completely ignorant or willfully ignorant of those facts, or just plain playing everyone here.
Are you just trying to troll/ or are you trying to build an immense amount of posts?
You have been displaying a total inability to even comprehend even the simplest of thoughts.There is no point in continuing your foolish charade any longer.

BYE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
free kittens!!! seriously ♡ 12 min Drip403 6
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 14 min ImFree2Choose 3,052
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 15 min -KENTUCKY- 71,190
the twin towers: symbols of godless greed 16 min Flavor3109 6
The Crew (Nov '08) 17 min Voyeur 14,356
Franke Servis Levent 2I2 342 OO 24 Levent Fra... 20 min Desirezzzz5412 4
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 24 min Voyeur 183,471
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 31 min BabyDoll 298
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 40 min Johnny 5,102
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Liamm 658,991
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Gabriel 974,879
More from around the web