Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#507185 Mar 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Perpetrators of injustice. your bible and your institutions are filled with it...and it is continuing still today.
Yes I am calling your institution what it is...bigoted and unjust to the citizens of the world.
Prosecution...yes. You people need to make your institutions admit that their teachings are the reasons for the past atrocities committed and being committed by their subjugates because of bigoted and errant archaic rules, laws, and attitudes of their leaders, and take responsibility for them. That is the only way it can change...except the falling away of it's subjugates because of those doctrines(and that is slowly happening).
That is in the here and now, and needs to be addressed as such. There is no excuse.
You sound about as angry as IANS.....
Adam

Germany

#507186 Mar 20, 2013
Pray to god to safe the mankind from homosexuality and to delay the coming of the anti christ.May have god mercy with us.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#507187 Mar 20, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
I <3 Casting Crowns!
Who are you? What? LOL
I got some rest, whether it was enough or not the day will tell, how about you?
I found a doggy yesterday, my neighbourhood is shocking with abandoned animals, he is soooo cute :)
(((*()*)))
Some... the Asthma played up with the wind change.

Have you named your puppy?
I'm for ALL non-cruelty to animals. Especially 'abandoned'.
We are their keepers!

Posted this for LW yesterday.
You will have seen on TV.

(((*()*)))

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#507188 Mar 20, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/ 2013/03/20/behind-closed-doors -pope-supported-civil-unions-i n-argentina-activist-says/ Are you LISTENING,America?? Are you LISTENING,Rome?? Are you LISTENING,rest of the world??? LISTEN: A R-E-A-L 'man of God' would NOT 'support' homosexual and lesbian unions. Yes,the False Prophet has arrived!!
Duh

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#507189 Mar 20, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
Oops! 2 x Post? topix fault.
<quoted text>
I don't!
History's gone... I left that behind in school when I walked out on the final exam.
But good morning to you also my friend.
<quoted text>
>cough< >splutter<
You should know better than to try those there big words on me!
But summing it up in a nut-shell?
That's the 'peoples' problem BT... no different to all things today. When mankind pumps himself up saying “I am the greatest” he falls on his sword every time. But sadly... not without taking the innocent with him.
'religion' only blames God when they got no-one else to see their own actions add up to their own short comings. It's easy to keep God in charge of everything. It's harder to take the blame.
'own worst enemy'?
<quoted text>
Today? When?
Mankind is full of double standards!
They always turn to God - for or against - after atrocities !
They will always have that choice.
But between you and me, and all who care for any...
When they stop pumping out something as precious as gold from the barrel of their weapons and see what atrocities they are creating... they might stand a chance with a wake up call... ALL over again!!!
<quoted text>
It is man who created religion. God is more than just that. It is 'that' which has driven man always to place everything right or wrong on God.
That's another problem Bro...
No child wants to go to war... wreck one another... destroy his planet... but simply be happy.
A child would be best in charge here, not 'intellect'.
It's like the old 'too many cooks spoil the broth'.
Well there's too may brains clashing their bells together confusing the 'people'... and most of all... confusing the kids.
Money spells brains now, and kids have proven to be very happy without!
It's the adult world they live in which limits their happiness.
But for those treading water at this point in time?
Hope... will always be too
God is Good for any Hope for Mankind.
No-one can avoid that either.
Nor can they/we avoid the truth we would like to.
Facing ourselves leaves even Hope for God!
Now I need some fresh squeezed orange juice!
LOL!@ fresh squeezed OJ.
I think you know I don't have any problem with anyone believing in "GOD". I am not an atheist myself. AND...I agree with most of what you have posted. I (personally) just can not accept the YHWH as the original creator, nor the "type" of deity portrayed by the church. It is just way to limited and compromised in the actions which the church has attributed to it. IMO
Adam

Germany

#507190 Mar 20, 2013
Homosexuals are forcing Jesus to come.There comes a time where the dreamz of sodomites and lesbians to live in sin will reach their critical masses. Homosexuals practice will be everywhere from Kindergartens even up in the white house.Pray to god to safe the mankind from homosexuality and to delay the coming of the anti christ the leader of the homosexuals.May god have mercy with us.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#507191 Mar 20, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>Some... the Asthma played up with the wind change.

We are their keepers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rWr214Tr9GYXX
(((*()*)))
Awwww... Sweet, I haven't seen that one :'(

No, we haven't named him yet, I don't think he's a pup, seems fully grown. I'm taking him to the vet later to see how old he is, if he's ok, if he's chipped etc... If I can I might keep the little guy, he's very cute and follows me everywhere... Poor thing was covered in fleas and dirty no collar, I almost ran him over in all the rain, I think he might have a cold... Sometimes, people truly make me sick...

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#507192 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I wrote:
It's the ones that seek to remove religion & change America to their "my way or the highway" attitude that I have a problem with.
Right, and I asked you to explain in more detail what you meant by that.

Thanks.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Extremist groups that want to censor our ability to say that we do believe in God and we do believe in our faith.
I'm aware of no group in the U.S that is trying to do that, nor, is it Constitutionally possible.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Atheists that sue the IRS for giving churches tax exempts.
I think that's a valid concern.

Churches use the same services and benefits of the U.S as all Americans, if you can explain why "The Church" should not be taxed, I'd like to hear it.

Location hidden

#507193 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Atheists that fight in a Riverside, CA court to have a cross remived because they're butt hurt by it.
If the cross is on public property and taxpayer funds are used in any way to support it's upkeep etc...

I agree, it should be removed. Our government is secular. Our public lands and properties are secular. Those areas should not present a favoritism or inclination in support of any religion.

Location hidden

#507194 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Atheists that want to fundamentally change America to their desires, forgetting everyone else's desires.
Again, you'll need to explain that comment in more detail.

"Desires" is a vague term.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Atheists that bitch about "In God We Trust" & "So help me God" & "Under God".
It shouldn't be there. I agree with that being removed.

If it makes you feel better, I don't want "In Allah We Trust", nor do I want "In Atheism We Trust" on our currency, or any of the other examples you provided, wording adjusted.

Location hidden

#507195 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Atheists that wants to remove the cross at the 9-11 memorial, citing violation of church & state.

Maybe the solution is to have every religious and non-religious belief, ideology, or stance represented there, since it was an attack against the U.S.Not Christianity.

If that can't happen. No cross. A Flag or similar symbol that represents the people of the U.S is adequate, appropriate and quite suitable.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Atheists that whine about a nativity scene but not a Santa scene.
I don't think either should be on public lands or supported by taxpayer funds in any way.

I don't celebrate Christmas in any form. It's a religious holiday and personally I don't think it should be given any more recognition than Ramadan, Rama Navami, Hanukkah, or any religious event, within our Govt or on our public lands.

It's your religious holiday, celebrate it on your own time, in your own way.

Location hidden

#507196 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Enough?
Please, list more, because each one of the examples you gave were framed in the precept or belief that your religious belief overrides all other views - unrelated to your religion.

I get the idea that you feel even if it violates the Constitution, you feel that: "That's okay, it's my deity belief we're talking about".
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"When even one American — who has done nothing wrong — is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth, then all Americans are in peril." Pres Truman.
Thanks, and when religious institutions impose their will upon all people, then freedom is lost.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid" - Søren Kierkegaard

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#507197 Mar 20, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>Some... the Asthma played up with the wind change.

We are their keepers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rWr214Tr9GYXX
(((*()*)))
Sorry about your Asthma sweetie, you should move to Qld or WA :)

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#507198 Mar 20, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Very interesting my friend, I've always believed that most animals can become attached to human beings under the right circumstances.
Peace.
Very >>>Lawest<<<
I think of the raven and Elijah...
Your 'peace' is short and sweet today?
But... Blessings do come in all forms, and any peace is better than none... from my bed... thru my window... in the garden...
So thank you.

God Bless you Brother.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#507199 Mar 20, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry about your Asthma sweetie, you should move to Qld or WA :)
>>>grin<<<
I belong in Vanuatu where I was born!
The salt of that clear pure water is everyone's cure...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#507200 Mar 20, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Right, and I asked you to explain in more detail what you meant by that.
Thanks.
<quoted text> I'm aware of no group in the U.S that is trying to do that, nor, is it Constitutionally possible.
<quoted text> I think that's a valid concern.
Churches use the same services and benefits of the U.S as all Americans, if you can explain why "The Church" should not be taxed, I'd like to hear it.
Why should they pay taxes? There are non profit businesses (lol, I know. But they're supposed to be and a lot of them are).

No non-profit company pays federal taxes, some are eve exempt from sales tax, churches aren't.

Also because there is no surer way to destroy the free exercise of religion than to tax it.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#507201 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigotry is bigotry no matter what & no matter if its religious.
<quoted text>
What religious bigotry do you suppose I have??
<quoted text>
The history of Christianity is replete with the spread of freedom & human goodwill.
It DOES have it's dark times, but we've overcome that and moved on.
Join us in the present.
I am not accusing you of personally harboring any particular bigotry. I am however, saying you are attempting to whitewash your institutions atrocity, if nothing else by evading the actuality of the very writing contained within it's pages(which you have been reminded of countless times). And there you go with "The history of Christianity is replete with the spread of freedom & human goodwill." A complete failure to address what was stated, and a generality of "it DOES have it's dark times--as if it is trivial. It is not.
"Join us in the present."--The Abrahamic atrocities are still rampant in today's world society...Look at the current news...that [is] joining you in "today" "sunshine". You appear to just "sweep it under the rug", or make believe it isn't really happening.

Your religion's(which includes you) refusal to even admit that is the very reason it still continues today, so you(as a religion) haven't [overcome] that at all. Or can't you see that.

If you are going to continue to evade the truth and actuality of it, and live in delusion or denial, this will never go anywhere.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#507202 Mar 20, 2013
scaritual wrote:
If the cross is on public property and taxpayer funds are used in any way to support it's upkeep etc...
I agree, it should be removed. Our government is secular. Our public lands and properties are secular. Those areas should not present a favoritism or inclination in support of any religion.
It is in public property but it is not maintained by the city or county. Volunteers are responsible for the upkeep.

Our government is secular, true. But our government is NOT our nation. The people are. The people in Riverside want that cross to stay, the mass majority, anyway.

A cross on private government property does not violate the Constitution, as the Constitution insures freedom if religion and guarantees that our government cannot form a national religion.

But no prob, we are selling the land to a private owner that will keep the cross standing & the atheists crying.

THAT is the "my way or the highway" mentality of some atheists. They don't care if 99% of the people want a cross on a hill, they want what they want and that's it.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#507203 Mar 20, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>>>>grin< <<
I belong in Vanuatu where I was born!
The salt of that clear pure water is everyone's cure...
That seems even better :D

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#507204 Mar 20, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Maybe the solution is to have every religious and non-religious belief, ideology, or stance represented there, since it was an attack against the U.S.Not Christianity.
If that can't happen. No cross. A Flag or similar symbol that represents the people of the U.S is adequate, appropriate and quite suitable.
There's more atheist selfishness. You must assume that about 75% of the people that died are either Christian or have Christian families. They have the right, the freedom, to put a cross on a public memorial just a much as others have the right, the freedom, to have no cross - or any other religious memorabilia.

I don't care if you don't like it, but the cross IS representative of most Americans.

This is what I'm talking about when I mention the "my way or the highway" mentality of atheists AND how they seek to change traditional, fundamental American values.
I don't think either should be on public lands or supported by taxpayer funds in any way.
I don't celebrate Christmas in any form. It's a religious holiday and personally I don't think it should be given any more recognition than Ramadan, Rama Navami, Hanukkah, or any religious event, within our Govt or on our public lands.
It's your religious holiday, celebrate it on your own time, in your own way.
It's more than *my* holiday, it's a national holiday recognized by YOUR federal government. Which is why almost everywhere is closed for the days preceding and following Christmas.

YOU DO NOT have to celebrate it.

But YOU MUST respect that almost everyone else does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min Gods r Delusion x... 673,296
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min Rob Ford Sr 286,296
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Catcher1 104,723
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr _Drifter 981,314
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr _Drifter 4,052
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 2 hr Peter Ross 9
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Peter Ross 445,813
More from around the web