Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#507055 Mar 20, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Jesus is approximately 2000 years dead and he was just a human being nothing else.
prove it - aka put up or shut up. AND ya can't have the world, heir schlikendork!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#507056 Mar 20, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn´t said he is. I only said the whole idea Is his creation, his wicked work.
Where does it say that in the bible?

Or- are you putting your words up as gospel?
Adam

Germany

#507057 Mar 20, 2013
Atheists are the real friends of homosexuals.They bring in the sience and put out the LORD from their lives.Homosexuals are mocking god with their wicked practice and pervert visions to the mankind. The master of gays is Satan since they don´t believe in the LORD. An abomination to the LORD.What they trying to do is to make the whole world to become like them. They want Satan to give them the human rights through democracy and brainwashing, Feeding the ideas of equalality, gay marriage and gay child adoption. Recruiting more ppl to their ranks through their shitty gay agenda. Teaching even kids in the Kindergarten level in the east coast of the united states the idea of homosexuality of two moms and two dads having a family together. Bringing gay friendly tv series and shows even on MTV to pervert the youth and the kids.Removing the sickness homsexuality from the disease list of the psychiatrists. Corrupting the bible and misinterpreting the sin of the ppl from Sodom and Gomorrah in rape and unhospitality etc.Ignoring the to do and not do list from the bible.
Saying Jesus did´nt said anything against them. Some of the so called "gay christian" go so far and say that Jesus was gay

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#507058 Mar 20, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, no god all religions are just myths nothing else.
hitler & himmler were butt-buddies;)

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#507059 Mar 20, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. it's easy for me to see why NoStress is offended. You have a gift with words complimented by impeccable critical thinking skills. When you question someone's intelligence, you question their self-worth, who they are ..
.. when it comes to intelligence, I.Q. doesn't mean squat, curiosity and awareness does ..
<<hugs>> Thank you for this H/L….feeling like I am loosing my mind trying to express my point! ;O) I have to learn how to stay on track I think.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#507060 Mar 20, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget any religions. They are nonexistant just myths.
hitler & himmler are VERY hot right now!
Adam

Germany

#507061 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you offering?
No. Let me have a question for you.
Are you promoting?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#507062 Mar 20, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to associate with science. This would make life worthy.
who was that german dork who in the name of "science" experimented on the Jews???

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#507063 Mar 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you help me with something, because I'm a light-year from understanding. Why did you post that? What about that made you think that it was worth repeating?
I'm imagining somebody first coming up with it. I don't know why anybody even wrote it down, let alone put it in a bible and preserved it for millennia. They're almost random words except for their repeating form: "the way of a" [blank] "in/on/with" "a/the" [blank].
But I could put anything in those blanks and it would be just as meaningful: the ways of a heifer on a spring morn, the way of a droplet on a rose petal, the way of a tanager on the wing, and the way of a flapjack on a hot griddle.
I believe that if that were the actual scripture, you have posted that instead, as if it were worth reading. It's not, at least not as wisdom. It could be song lyrics, but not very good ones.
So what did you think that that scripture says that bears repeating, especially without comment or discussion.
I realize that if one asks a difficult question of you, that it is perceived as picking on you.
But if you want to post ideas, I think you should be up to taking questions about them, don't you? If you want to display your wares in the marketplace of ideas, you won't mind if somebody wants to kick the tires so to speak, do you?
So if you know why, would you tell us why you chose that scripture, and what it means to you?
By the way, not all ways of a man with a maiden would be considered love. Some are considered felonies.
I only gonna say this once.You would be miles ahead to walk away from me.Your chose.In the event you decide not to what I will do will not make a pile of sense to you but alot of sense to me.All you going to be able to do is take it.I would suggest you not post to me or about me.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#507064 Mar 20, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
You have forgotten to add the 5-7 % of the homosexuals.
I didn't forget.

I just don't think about gay folks as much as you...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#507065 Mar 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> What?
You were saying that you were not talking about the OT god's deeds, but rather the NT and Jesus as the God.
I have equated the two in the very same time frame, and put it into question.
What in the hell does all that have to do with the deflection of "turn the other cheek"?
That was no deflection. YOU brought up "turn the other cheek", I asked you if you know what it means and now YOU deflect away from it.

Way to go, sunshine.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#507066 Mar 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't.
I think all religons and mythologies are simply clues to finding "God". All are correct and all are wrong.
“Feel nothing, know nothing, do nothing, have nothing, give up all to God, and say utterly,'Thy will be done.' We only dream this bondage. Wake up and let it go.”

"God is Love. God is True Knowledge. God is in Your Heart. God is in All People. God is Our Father. God is Infinite. God is Truth. God is above all Arguments. God is Work. God is the End."

"God finds himself by creating."

"Religion, like poetry, is not a mere idea, it is expression. The self-expression of God is in the endless variety of creation; and our attitude toward the Infinite Being must also in its expression have a variety of individuality - ceaseless and unending."

"... our daily worship of God is not really the process of gradual acquisition of him, but the daily process of surrendering ourselves, removing all obstacles to union and extending our consciousness of him in devotion and service, in goodness and in love..."

"The object of education is to give man the unity of truth... I believe in a spiritual world - not as anything separate from this world - but as its innermost truth. With the breath we draw we must always feel this truth, that we are living in God."

"The pious sectarian is proud because he is confident of his right of possession in God. The man of devotion is meek because he is conscious of God's right of love over his life and soul."

"Man's abiding happiness is not in getting anything but in giving himself up to what is greater than himself, to ideas which are larger than his individual life, the idea of his country, of humanity, of God."

"God, the Great Giver, can open the whole universe to our gaze in the narrow space of a single land."

"Your idol is shattered in the dust to prove that God's dust is greater than your idol."

"To the guests that must go, bid God's speed and brush away all traces of their steps."

"God loves me when I sing. God respects me when I work."

Sound familiar?

Those are comments of the Hindu.

Hinduism is one of the older religions and has roots going back to 5500 BCE, although Shinto is thought to be around 14,000 years old. But, the claim for Hinduism is based upon being codified for the longest. Shinto wasn't codified until 800 CE. There are others, too, that appear to be very old. The Matriarchal fertility religions come to mind.

There is Shamanism, Animism and other forms of religion/deity worship/spirituality, that go back 30,000 years and more(some evidences range to beyond 100,000 BCE). I think Animism is pretty interesting. If I were to choose a form of deity reverence or method of practicing religion, it would probably be that, it is after all, the origins of all of my ancestors religious/deity beliefs, and yours, too(most likely).

But, I wouldn't do that and don't. It'd still just be a belief, and something special or unique only to myself, even if others had the same type belief.

That is the way of all religion and deity worship. It's just something you believe, and for some, that belief helps them in some way, imagined or perceived to do so. Your belief doesn't mean it's real.

I don't mean any of the above as a slight, but that's my take on it.

You know, I notice not one difference in my life in not having deity beliefs as opposed to having them, and in many ways, my life is better, because I do things now for my fellow man purely because I want to, and I do not expect any reward for doing so.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#507067 Mar 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you're bringing the argument you wore out in other threads over here, eh RR?
No new material so you find a new audience?
Want to talk about light speed?
It's the sane argument that makes sense, Aero.

Sure, wanna tell me that light speed is constant?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#507068 Mar 20, 2013
Adam wrote:
I didn´t said he is. I only said the whole idea Is his creation, his wicked work.
Why do you say that?

Gays may seem weird to straights, but "evil", "Satanic"??? No.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#507069 Mar 20, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
Religion=/=god.
I think I've mentioned this to you before.
Without God, there'd be no religion...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#507070 Mar 20, 2013
Adam wrote:
No. Let me have a question for you.
Are you promoting?
Promoting? No.

Defending, yes.

Gays are people just like you & I, Adam.

Just because they seem strange or weird or sinful to YOU doesn't mean they're evil people.

Chill.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#507071 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, He's not stupid. You are. You're deluding yourself into thinking that God creates everything continuously.
Who gives a shit if malaria kills?
We kill. And by doing so we stay alive, the protists are doing the same thing.
Please don't be so arrogant to assume that humans have the only right to exist.
<quoted text>
Maybe you meant to drop your glasses...
So what if someone asks why...
<quoted text>
Now YOU are getting somewhere...
God has a morality that none of us can understand.
<quoted text>
At least you admit that's arrogant.
It is.
In biology, a single celled organism has JUST as must right to live that a human does.
Humans are no better than any other life form on this planet
<quoted text>
That's so wrong, I don't even know where to start.
<quoted text>
Then I'm glad you're not. One life is not above another.
I'm the type of guy that says "If you're gonna put down a dog for biting the mailman, then you'd better put down the human for killing the dog."
<quoted text>
No. You're still under the impression that I think God creates everything.
I don't.
I think God createD everything, but hasn't created anything in a long, long time.
I often think you are a deist that has decided the name of his deity is the Jesus!, because there is some sort of benefit or solace there, instead of just the simple deistic belief that:

"A god created all of this, and stepped away"

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#507072 Mar 20, 2013
scaritual wrote:
I often think you are a deist that has decided the name of his deity is the Jesus!, because there is some sort of benefit or solace there, instead of just the simple deistic belief that:
"A god created all of this, and stepped away"
That's awesome, except I'm not you.

I know God exists, remember? I've felt Him. I've heard Him.

But lol, "the Jesus!" ??

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#507073 Mar 20, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
hitler & himmler were butt-buddies;)
I see ya didn't get yer drugs on time today again.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#507074 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
Sometimes it seems that atheists talk more about God than Christians do. What's up with that?
It's fascinating, really. Here's a good article:
"As with any new movement, the “New Atheism” is not without its blemishes. More to the point, atheists are not all equally as effective in positioning their viewpoints and generating credibility with their arguments. Some let their emotions, their anger or resentment toward religion, interfere with their reasoning."
http://www.project-reason.org/archive/item/a_...
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

I happen to be an both an "old atheist", and, "new atheist.

I was an atheist for around 15 years or so before I really mentioned it to anyone. Only in the past 10 years have I began to be more vocal about it.

I will continue to do so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Chess Jurist 56,424
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Michael 650,812
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 16 min Toby 106,101
Why are white people so insecure ? (Feb '10) 26 min Clover 213
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 35 min Pegasus 281,486
I'm a boy of 13 yrs old who's looking... 1 hr Hey 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 182,992
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr brandy trujillo 971,898
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr Steve III 45,013
More from around the web