Why Should Jesus Love Me?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#507012 Mar 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> so what?
The "evil god" was in the temple, and the "good god" was teaching in the hills?
I thought that the doctrine of "trinity" says they are one in the same god...or am I understanding this wrongly? Is the "trinity" just a lie then?
I certainly have a problem with all this.
O_o

That has nothing to do with "turn the other cheek"...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#507013 Mar 20, 2013
You can pretend booots is not a troll with many socks and foul abusive language all you want... I'll post what I like, just like everyone else...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#507014 Mar 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey boooots.
You seem to be saying that such churches need to spend their entire reported collection on their own expenses. Is that correct?
If so, it supports my suspicion that the churches are doing next to nothing with their collections and tax break dollars except for sustaining themselves. That's hardly a reason to value or support them, let alone even want them in the neighborhoods.
Churches like the ones you're describing, the ones that don't have money to spend on their neighborhoods, usually have a small army of volunteers that volunteer their own time and their own money to benefit the neighborhood.

It's not always the particular church or the church owners that benefit the neighborhood, sometimes it's the church guests.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#507015 Mar 20, 2013
Adam wrote:
Homosexuals are mocking god with their wicked practice and pervert visions to the mankind. The master of gays is Satan since they don´t believe in the LORD. An abomination to the LORD.
Oh, knock it off Adam.

Since when is satan gay?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#507016 Mar 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Baby...breasts don't come with an instruction manual.
:p
SHOOT!
I been duped!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#507017 Mar 20, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>haha. something eh. Makes you wonder if they only call themselves[atheists]out of more rebellion than belief.
maybe atheists don't exist.
I think there are some true atheists out there, but not in here.

I can't see a true non-believer wasting their time discussing a god they claim doesn't exist.

America boasts about a .07% atheist population. That seems accurate.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#507018 Mar 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Wherever the universe came from.
<quoted text>
Is that right? Did you mean that the process of dying takes months? Hopefully, it takes decades.
Biological death, by contrast, is a state, not a process. Decomposition is the process that follows death, and it takes months to years for the soft tissues to decompose.
Why are you lecturing to us on death? You get very little of it right. I thought you read a book on it from an expert on the subject.
<quoted text>
Nobody I know calls Genesis a science book. But I do know people that consider it a historical account of the universe, and who attack the science and scientists that contradict it. I'll bet that you do, too.
==========

trifecta1 wrote:
Where did the super-enriched nebular dust and gas come from?

"It aint necessarily so"wrote:
Wherever the universe came from.
Oh, that is science to you eh?[Wherever the universe came from] is science. But Dr Parnia, nobel Prize winners and global doctors what they say, AINT science right doctor?

And you call me religious??? hmmmm.

The book describes biological death as the death of cells.

The first few chapters of Genesis is not an historical account of the universe. Its a visionary account of the universe. No one was there when the universe was created except YHWH and Spirits.

God had to supply a vision for someone to write how God created the heavens. Some say it was Moses, others say other cultures recorded it and Judaism adopted it. Who knows who really recorded the creation account in genesis. But I not think its a problem for Almighty YHWH to find someone to give a vision and record the vision.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#507019 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I think there are some true atheists out there, but not in here.
I can't see a true non-believer wasting their time discussing a god they claim doesn't exist.
America boasts about a .07% atheist population. That seems accurate.
ouch. Didn't think it was that low.

it is a logic that is over looked because of our discussions here, but there is something monumental to what you say. why would a non believer waste their time discussing a god they don't believe exist??

That is mountain of a logic for atheists on this billboard, or on other religious discussion boards on topix to overcome. and I think I would agree with, there are no atheists on this billboard.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#507021 Mar 20, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Skom and I have butted heads over the Grace message so many times but what you said about him being CONVINCED that he is forgiven is absolutly correct...He is Forgiven because he has accepted Jesus Christ and that is never going to change.
His god can't forgive him for he does to others. Your god can't forgive him for slandering me. Only I can. And I haven't.

This is how your religion cheapen the whole idea of remorse and repentance. This doctrine makes a joke of it if all you need to do is apologize to the ceiling.

You'll have to excuse me if I find that doctrine repulsive.
Grace Walker wrote:
His salvation is NOT based on his behavior but on EVERYTHING that Jesus Did for him.
Really? OK. Then we're all saved. And we never need to do anything, including apologize.
Grace Walker wrote:
Skom didn't DEMAND forgivness....It was done for him 2000 years ago.
Once again, that is a shabby ethic. It is forgiveness on demand - automatic.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#507022 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, He's not stupid. You are. You're deluding yourself into thinking that God creates everything continuously.
Who gives a shit if malaria kills?
We kill. And by doing so we stay alive, the protists are doing the same thing.
Please don't be so arrogant to assume that humans have the only right to exist.
<quoted text>
Maybe you meant to drop your glasses...
So what if someone asks why...
<quoted text>
Now YOU are getting somewhere...
God has a morality that none of us can understand.
<quoted text>
At least you admit that's arrogant.
It is.
In biology, a single celled organism has JUST as must right to live that a human does.
Humans are no better than any other life form on this planet
<quoted text>
That's so wrong, I don't even know where to start.
<quoted text>
Then I'm glad you're not. One life is not above another.
I'm the type of guy that says "If you're gonna put down a dog for biting the mailman, then you'd better put down the human for killing the dog."
<quoted text>
No. You're still under the impression that I think God creates everything.
I don't.
I think God createD everything, but hasn't created anything in a long, long time.
Interesting.

Fennario

#507023 Mar 20, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Jesus died for YOUR forgivness also, Only difference is..You WONT accept it.
Wait. You just said that I didn't have to do anything for forgiveness. No behavior was necessary. Now you tell me that there is a string attached - that I haven't met the requirements for this forgiveness. That sounds like a bait and switch to me.

But I'm used to that with the promises of Christianity. When they're wooing you, it's all so easy and automatic. You are going to be filled with some spirit as soon as you ask to recieve it, and receive gifts including a peace that passeth all understanding just for believing.

Then, once you're in, and you don't get these things, if you ask why, you are told that your faith just wasn't good enough - something you were never warned might happen. Or you never knew the god, or it is testing you. Blah blah blah.

These are all red flags of a con, as when you contract with a dishonest building contractor or participating in a pyramid scheme. Everything is so easy and wonderful when you're writing the check, but much less so down the line, when you're supposed to get something back, but what you mostly get is excuses.

And forgiveness for what? I am forgiven by all of those from whom I need forgiveness. I asked them for it, like the guy that I stood up for a lunch date last week. I simply forgot. He needed to forgive me, not the overhead light fixtures.

Your religion has nothing to offer most decent humanists. We already exceed its standards.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#507024 Mar 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Empathy? Yes.
Good :O)
<quoted text>
Maybe. But if so, how is that a reflection of my character? Explain it to me, and see how I react. Then you can judge whether I am empathetic.
If you do not understand why what you said was offensive to me, then it is not a reflection of your character imo. If I keep having to explain why I found it to be offensive, I believe that it is a reflection of your character.
As I said in a prior post:

NS: I read you to at times smack at Christians in general, as an example something you said in a prior post:
Ians:“What do you think of a mind that accepts claims without sufficient evidence, the definition of religious faith? Is that an open mind to you? If so, you don't want that kind of open mind. That barely qualifies as a mind at all.”
NS: Why would that not offend me and how is it not slander or a character attack? To me it reads as though you find me as a person, to be brainless simply for believing.

In return you have said that you would not listen to me when it comes to prayer. Just so that you are aware, I would not give you advice on prayer unless you asked for it, as I understand that it would be insulting to you as an atheist. You also said that while you would not listen to me when it comes to prayer, that you would listen to me when it comes to restaurants perhaps. While I thank you for that, it still does not address the insult that I feel you gave. I said point blank that your comment of “that barely qualifies as a mind at all” was taken by me as anyone that has faith….is questioned to have a mind. It was a broad stroke of the brush comment, made after you told me that no unbelievers were using slander and character attacks.
<quoted text>
Willingly accepting ideas as proven fact without sufficient evident, or in the face of contradictory evidence is faith-based thought. Also, thinking derived from premises accepted on faith is faith-based thought, even if that thinking is logically valid, that is, even if the conclusions follow from the premises. It's still unsound thinking if the premises are unproven.
I understand that. There is no proof in faith.
<quoted text>
Yes, they do. Faith in a god is a close-minded state. Look at my definition of faith again. How do you reach a mind that is not interested in reason or contradictory evidence? You don't. Mind closed for business.
No its not. Is my looking into the history of the religion that I hold, and to keep questioning it, a closed mind to you? Is my having discussions with people from all walks, reading what they have to say, questioning for my own personal growth, a closed mind? If Christians are so close minded….why come in to a primarily Christian thread and discuss the Church the Bible and God? The only point if you think that my mind is closed for business when it comes to my faith in God, would be to insult in my honest opinion. Meaning: if you have no intention of making your opinion understood because you think that Christians are close-minded, then you are not here to discuss.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#507025 Mar 20, 2013
<quoted text>
I disagree with the use of the word "intellectual" in those paragraphs. I think that they mean "cognizant," as in self-aware. Intellect can show you more places to be empatheic, but is distinct from it. It is not a character flaw to be empathetic, but fail to have empathy in a given situation because you didn't understand that it was appropriate.
Sorry if you were offended. But I don't think you understood me. I don't consider it a character defect on your part, just an intellectual gap.
My thinking - it is because they are coming from the aspect of not only knowing about empathy, what it is, or if you do/don’t have it - but to have the personal ability to break down what it is, how it affects you, and how to use the information via critical thinking.
Thank you for the apology Ians, it is truly appreciated. I am trying to understand you…at times I feel like a gerbil running in the wheel trying to stay on point with you. <<my issue>> I am trying to learn how to express myself better on here….I think you are giving me a crash course ;O)

Fennario

#507026 Mar 20, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Hi!
Well hello, Witchy Woman. I hope you can stay.
Adam

Germany

#507028 Mar 20, 2013
What they trying to do is to make the whole world to become like them. They want Satan to give them the human rights through democracy and brainwashing, Feeding the ideas of equalality, gay marriage and gay child adoption. Recruiting more ppl to their ranks through their shitty gay agenda. Teaching even kids in the Kindergarten level in the east coast of the united states the idea of homosexuality of two moms and two dads having a family together. Bringing gay friendly tv series and shows even on MTV to pervert the youth and the kids.Removing the sickness homsexuality from the disease list of the psychiatrists. Corrupting the bible and misinterpreting the sin of the ppl from Sodom and Gomorrah in rape and unhospitality.

Saying Jesus did´nt said anything against them. Some of the so called "gay christian" go so far and say that Jesus was gay.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#507029 Mar 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> SHOOT!
I been duped!
LOL
It's easy, just smack them and squeeze them as hard as you can.

Location hidden

#507030 Mar 20, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You got trashed at an airport bar?
At those friggin' prices?
Sheesh, you musta been on an expense account!
It was quite some time ago. It was costing(probably around 100 bucks- I was pay'n) until we got the tender "fixed" Then the fun began. I really hope he didn't get fired. He was a really fun guy! The worst part was the flight on the MD 80 after with an extreme head. I never took another 80 after that(the damn floor ripples).

Location hidden

#507031 Mar 20, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
With reality there is no problem. All religions are unreal.
They ruled civilized history. So they are real in that respect...whether anyone believed or believes them or not.
Adam

Germany

#507032 Mar 20, 2013
What they trying to do is to make the whole world to become like them. They want Satan to give them the human rights through democracy and brainwashing, Feeding the ideas of equality, gay marriage and gay child adoption. Recruiting more ppl to their ranks through their shitty gay agenda. Teaching even kids in the Kindergarten level in the east coast of the united states the idea of homosexuality of two moms and two dads having a family together. Bringing gay friendly tv series and shows even on MTV to pervert the youth and the kids.Removing the sickness homsexuality from the disease list of the psychiatrists. Corrupting the bible and misinterpreting the sin of the ppl from Sodom and Gomorrah in rape and unhospitality.

Saying Jesus did´nt said anything against them. Some of the so called "gay christian" go so far and say that Jesus was gay.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#507033 Mar 20, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>ouch. Didn't think it was that low.
it is a logic that is over looked because of our discussions here, but there is something monumental to what you say. why would a non believer waste their time discussing a god they don't believe exist??
That is mountain of a logic for atheists on this billboard, or on other religious discussion boards on topix to overcome. and I think I would agree with, there are no atheists on this billboard.
Yup.

Sometimes it seems that atheists talk more about God than Christians do. What's up with that?

It's fascinating, really. Here's a good article:

"As with any new movement, the “New Atheism” is not without its blemishes. More to the point, atheists are not all equally as effective in positioning their viewpoints and generating credibility with their arguments. Some let their emotions, their anger or resentment toward religion, interfere with their reasoning."

http://www.project-reason.org/archive/item/a_...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 8 min old_moose 7,132
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 25 min Aura Mytha 123,309
america needs more TRUTH AND JUSTICE 28 min hacksaw 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 36 min onemale 286,524
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 41 min Born Again Holy C... 681,739
Virginia man charged with espionage for deliver... 4 hr Brice N Livingston 2
Interracial experience-Mexican men and Black women (Jul '12) 7 hr Har Har Har 152
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 hr Har Har Har 982,213
More from around the web