Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Henry

Germany

#506992 Mar 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Evasion. Do you believe your deity is perfect?
<quoted text>
Why do you ignore my entire premise? We are discussing your beliefs, not mine. If you want to discuss my beliefs, you have to begin without deities - you are welcome to critique my beliefs. Tit for tat. But you are most certainly not critiquing me in the above but blatantly ignoring my "if" statements.
For me, your deity is like every other deity. It doesn't exist. I cannot lay blame on that. But, again, if you believe in a perfect deity, then you must believe it Created everything on purpose - as you have already claimed.
It's just that when we get to pathogens, you wimp out on your deity because you can't face the logical conclusion. So you obsfucate our discussion by claiming I believe things which I do not.
<quoted text>
Ok, so you openly admit you don't want to tackle the problem of "evil" (which I prefer to call "misery" or "immorality").
That's fine. That tells us you have an uncomfortable belief system that you are unwilling to critically analyze. Fair enough.
Forget any religions. They are nonexistant just myths.
Henry

Germany

#506993 Mar 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> so what?
The "evil god" was in the temple, and the "good god" was teaching in the hills?
I thought that the doctrine of "trinity" says they are one in the same god...or am I understanding this wrongly? Is the "trinity" just a lie then?
I certainly have a problem with all this.
All religions are just myths.
Henry

Germany

#506994 Mar 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> so what?
I thought that the doctrine of "trinity" says they are one in the same god...or am I understanding this wrongly? Is the "trinity" just a lie then?
Try to associate with science. This would make life worthy.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#506995 Mar 20, 2013
Yep thoses fools laughed at Noah too.
He who laugh first does not alway have the last laugh either.
Adam

Germany

#506996 Mar 20, 2013
Homosexuals are mocking god with their wicked practice and pervert visions to the mankind. The master of gays is Satan since they don´t believe in the LORD. An abomination to the LORD.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#506997 Mar 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a really good cap to a fine prime rib dinner.
I got totally intoxicated at a bar in the SF airport waiting to catch a flight to Washington to show 15 engineers how to construct a building they couldn't get properly designed and accepted...The bartender and 3 of us were sharing "new" margarita recipes with each other. Even the tender was trashed! It wasn't one of my best meetings the next day either! LOL!
You got trashed at an airport bar?

At those friggin' prices?

Sheesh, you musta been on an expense account!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#506998 Mar 20, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't.
I think all religons and mythologies are simply clues to finding "God". All are correct and all are wrong.
Oh dear!

Now, you have created another "mystery"!

I think the "Christian"(Abrahami c) saga is but a latter piece of a greater historical fabric of "belief" mixed in the eons of the ages.
I know this statement is lacking, but it is my opinion based on incomplete research. I wouldn't want to make a definitive statement to that effect without all the substantiating evidence.
However, by making some comments, another poster might tend to open some new area or information that I had not considered which could be evaluated. I now(by choice) have the time to pursue that goal.
I also understand that many of my statements will not be received well by either side of the theist/atheist camp...nor stark evolutionists.
Henry

Germany

#506999 Mar 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> so what?
With reality there is no problem. All religions are unreal.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#507000 Mar 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Just another atheist blaming the God he doesn't believe in on leukemia.....
*siiiiigh*
haha. something eh. Makes you wonder if they only call themselves[atheists]out of more rebellion than belief.

maybe atheists don't exist.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#507001 Mar 20, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
I am guessing you most certainly are not lucid today/tonight.
Have a balloon bunny;
http://www.crafts-for-all-seasons.com/images/...
;)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#507002 Mar 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Baby...breasts don't come with an instruction manual.
:p
Nor is one required.

Hehehe.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#507003 Mar 20, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
My dress is yellow. My shoe (I had to buy both of them) is white.
When I wear a dress I use my crutches. I don't wear my leg. It just doesn't look right. The children find it fascinating and I absolutely love the children so don't misunderstand me. I like going to church and I love my parents. I know that what they are doing is much bigger than me and much more important. I can take care of myself. My parents knew that years ago.
You lost a leg? sorry to read that.

How did it happen? Or if you already wrote that, point me to the writing.

Location hidden

#507004 Mar 20, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Figures. Cuervo is grain-based, cheap vodka with mescal flavoring. And, it's Patron.
Hahah!

Ole' Jose's gonna be MAD at YOU! LOL!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#507005 Mar 20, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Its not uncommon for churches to struggle to break even and need extra donations just to try to fund charities and pay the bills.
That's especially true for the ones that are diverting funds directly to the pastor's pocket. Like a business cheating on its taxes, such a church would claim that most of its revenues went to overhead.

How can a church that gets free money have legitimate financial concerns? If it does, it's operating beyond its means. Either way, it's useless to the needy outside of its doors, so why should the secular community subsidize such church with tax breaks? Let it fail.

Besides, the pastor of such a small congregation should get a job and work the pulpit without compensation. Likewise with the rest of the staff. I belong to a bridge club that has a budget like that. We just pay rent for the club, and various expenses for our charter, our equipment, and for our tournaments in hotels.

But nobody is paid a nickel to work. It's all charitable work done by bridge players for other bridge players - a labor of love.

Apparently our bridge club officers understand the spirit of charity and giving to ones own better than your pastors of small churches with small budgets that take pay while dong nothing for the community at large.
Skombolis wrote:
The idea some put forth like local church leaders are living large off their congregation simply isnt true. Many churches have boards like you mentioned where every penny is accounted for in a checks and balances system
You are naïve. Chirches are as easy to rob as doctor's offices, and for the same reason: the officers aren't sophisticated in business practices, and are easily deceived, which attracts thieves. If I wanted to embezzle, I'd work for a church or a physician, not a credit union.

Location hidden

#507006 Mar 20, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi BT...Good or bad difference? How is your Macaw? Mine is picking up more words now..She cracks me up most of the time. They sure are intellegent creatures. I have to get to class now. I will check back in during breaks. Have a blessed day my friend.
Oh, it's good. You seem much more composed and relaxed with the aire than before.
Jibber is fine. He is a trip!-just as your's is.

Later GW

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#507007 Mar 20, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>**PORTIONS SNIPPED**
You aren't saying you are a troll are you?
.. would you feed a troll ??..
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Have I attacked your person?...or even your ideas?
Have I called you stupid?
.. nope. You've been courteous to me ..
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
...just because I disagree with your opinion?
Have I had other or opposing opinions? YES
.. when two adults cordially disagree, it enhances the relationship ..

.. just today, I disagreed with AIN's assessment of intelligence because I think it's much more than innate IQ and includes curiosity, creativity, knowledge and common sense ..

.. it's the snipping that frustrates me. Booooots is very special to me, reminds me of my late grandfather. Most of the regulars here know he suffers from depression. To call him psychotic reflects a lack of empathy and understanding. We can do better ..

Location hidden

#507008 Mar 20, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice!
You know, I used that once in Japan. Printed it out and gave it to my employers to avoid getting needles. Every year, in Japan, medical trucks come to your workplace and give you a physical. I'm needle phobic so I printed out the entire declaration of human rights and went to my employer and said "no f***ing way." After a few meetings, they agreed I didn't have to.
The funny thing is, the medical staff couldn't care less. I had my UN Declaration in my hands, ready to present it, saying "I don't want a needle." They said "ok, next."
hahaha - all that trouble for nothing.
On a more serious note, lots of scholars from China, Taiwan, Vietnam - Asian nations - argue that the UN Declaration of Human Rights is a Western invention. It emphasizes individuality over group behavior, for example.
And, though Japan is a signatory to it, in no way does the country follow it. I imagine the same is true of most, if not all, Asian nations. Your rights can be violated here quite easily.
I know it. It was an attempt at common decent treatment for all human beings on this planet...but it is only as good as those who would follow it's tenets...and we know where that goes.

That was quite a story HFY..."next" <shakes head>

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#507009 Mar 20, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
No, your inability to find any evidence that the book has any new science about a soul in it is reason enough to ignore it. A book that proved that the soul existed would be talked about everywhere, including by multiple sources that I trust.
There are millions of books out there. I must have a way of pre-evaluating them to know which to read and which to ignore. Your book makes the ignore list because you can provide absolutely nothing to support your extraordinary claims for it.
What reason is there to read such a book?
<quoted text>
The opposite appears to be true. You seem to think that your book could be good science about an earth-shaking discovery, and yet there be no reports or evidence of that fact anywhere except in the book. It just doesn't work that way.
<quoted text>
There is no research. You seem to think that there could be a significant breakthrough in thanatology known only to the readers of one book. Real science doesn't work like that.
Besides, didn't you also say that the book that makes these claims hasn't been published yet?
<quoted text>
That's how YOU read it - uncritically. I don't read any non-fiction that way.
You have not read anyway or even no way, you didn't read it at all [doctor].

Dr Parnia did state the research resulted in evidence of a soul. And it was news. He did an interview on NPR, NBC News, and numerous other news outlet.

Its probably not bigger news because all the world already believes religiously that a soul exist. Science only confirms what they already knew.

Its only news to you and your philosophy secular humanism and atheism because this scientific result threatens to annihilate your 4 to 5% of the world belief system and leave you and your comrades confused bewildered lost and irrelevant.

I said the peer reviewed scientific journal has not been released as yet. That happens in the fall. But the book is quite detailed and nuanced about the research. You would learn something if you was not so petrified about your soul/psyche or self living on beyond death of your body and the prospect of being judged by a higher being.

That is why you won't read the book. Ignorance is Bliss eh doctor?
Adam

Germany

#507010 Mar 20, 2013
Atheist are the real friends of homosexuals. They bring in the sience and put out the LORD from their lives.
Adam

Germany

#507011 Mar 20, 2013
Atheists are the real friends of homosexuals. They bring in the sience and put out the LORD from their lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Aquarius-WY 7,746
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Anthony MN 681,922
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min Aerobatty 123,778
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 41 min Gabriel 982,347
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr Tony 6,371
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Charlie Sheen 286,546
Exit the Jewtrix-Free Conspiracy Documentary 4 hr Sparrow 1
More from around the web