Comments
486,821 - 486,840 of 599,983 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#506495 Mar 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How many anti-pink unicorn sites are there?
Anti-pixie dust?
Anti-leprechaun?
Anti-Buddha?
Anti-Santa?
No, no, no. It seems the atheists are only interested in God. They seem to spend more time discussing Him than theists do.
Statement from the following web site...

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/unic...

Argument for and against (wasn't sure what they were trying to prove! LOL) the "invisible" pink unicorn...

"Invisible pink unicorns?

Can we determine the existence/non-existence of invisible pink unicorns? Actually, the answer is "yes." Unicorns would be pink if they reflected pink electromagnetic radiation (i.e., light). However, in order to be invisible, the unicorns would reflect no electromagnetic radiation. Therefore, the term "invisible pink unicorn" is self contradictory. Therefore, we know absolutely that they could not exist. I don't know who invented the term "invisible pink unicorns," but they were obviously deficient in their physics education.

However, for the sake of argument, let's change the term and drop the "pink" part. Is it possible to determine whether or not invisible unicorns exist somewhere in the universe? Technically, it would be very unlikely that any organism would be invisible. The only reasonable chemical basis for living organisms in this universe is carbon-based life. This would ensure that unicorns would always be visible. Although possible that unicorns might be invisible due to being made of anti-matter, such existence would be problematic, since their interaction with ordinary matter would result in their immediate and spectacular destruction. Could unicorns be made of exotic matter? While possible, there is no evidence from physics that any creatures could be made of exotic matter. At present, it is possible to detect exotic matter only indirectly through particle physics and through its ability to bend light (only detectable through gravitational lensing of distant galaxies). At this point, we would be unable to detect a unicorn made of exotic matter. So, although we can be fairly certain that invisible unicorns do not exist in the universe, we could not take the strong aunicornist stance.

Alone in the Universe: Why Our Planet Is UniqueIs it possible that pink unicorns might exist somewhere in the universe? As of today, we don't know if life exists outside of our Solar System. Some scientists believe that life is common throughout the universe, while others think that all life or only advanced life is rare in the universe. The origin of life by naturalistic means seems extremely improbable. In addition, the earth seems to exhibit unusual design, since the existence of tectonic activity on such a small planet for such a long period of time is probably the result of an extremely unlikely collision event early in its history. Without tectonic activity, the earth would be a waterworld, since continents would not form. Advanced life (beyond fish) cannot exist on such a planet (hence no unicorns).

Atheism requires that abiogenesis (a naturalistic origin of life) is at least possible, if not likely, and that habitable planets are common throughout the universe. Such a scenario, if true, would make it likely that pink unicorns do exist somewhere in the universe. Therefore, an atheist would be illogical to assume a strong aunicornist stance. The unicorn argument as an argument against the existence of God fails logically, since it is not possible to definitively show that unicorns do not exist somewhere in the universe."

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#506498 Mar 19, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>If you're their friend, they know you're a Christian right? So ask them if they think Jesus Christ would approve of them getting married.
More than likely the conversation would end right there.
Let me ask you a question.

If two male friends of Jesus told him they were getting married to each other, what would Jesus say to them?

And, what's the basis for your answer?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#506499 Mar 19, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheese ...folks make it difficult. I mean; you're talking to a bunch of people that still adorn themselves and each other with pretty rocks. And it's done all over the world ...value's, attitudes, beliefs ...macho, feminine ...culture matters little.
The universe is alive, the millions of galaxy's beat to a rhythm we can't comprehend. Life doesn't begin at conception, nor does it end with earthly death. People might as well be arguing over whats at the other end of a black hole.
Good post HU :)

San Francisco, CA

#506500 Mar 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes. You're correct. I don't think there's any Christian church out there that doesn't teach us that God is the author and origin of all things, the alpha and omega....
That's why you should join the Holy Church of Catcher.

We don't believe silly things like that.

Why travel coach, when you can go first class?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#506501 Mar 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Anti-pixie dust?
Anti-leprechaun?
Anti-Buddha?
Anti-Santa?
No, no, no. It seems the atheists are only interested in God. They seem to spend more time discussing Him than theists do.
Anti-Leprechaun

'Leprechauns' Banned from St. Patrick's Day Parade

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php...

Someone really didn't like those leprechauns...won't even let them march in the parade.

Some people blame them for their evil mischief.

San Francisco, CA

#506502 Mar 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I am Christian but I am not genuine.
I'll have a hell of a day when it's my time with the Lord.
Dudes gonna be pissed.
All the dudes?

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#506503 Mar 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
If I left my son in a fenced in garden with " a tree with a fatal fruits and an immensely evil and dangerous serpent" - that I'd created, and my son had been affected by both of those.
I'd be charged with child abuse and neglect, and rightly so.
Theists would worship me.
Though Adam is a Son of God he was also created as an adult man... not as a little boy.

There were several things he was tasked with and accountable for before his wife came on the scene. So Adam was an adult and accountable for his own actions... Perfect in the day he was created but made a bad choice out of his own autonomous, free will. Eventually, he chose to not trust in God.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#506504 Mar 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it is. I don't think of criticisms of intelligence as character attacks.
I have been reading your responses to me found here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

To the above I was going to simply respond with,“I personally find that to be an odd statement.” and leave it at that. Yet I found myself repeatedly coming back to your simple statement, as I worked out the rest of my response. At this point, I do not think that anything that I say to the rest of your response matters much, if I do not understand your perspective on the above. I do not understand how anyone that bases their view of life in general on logic, could honestly say such a thing. Can you explain to me how questioning another’s intelligence is not a character attack? Intelligence has ~much to do~ with character. Let me give you an example:

“Intellectual Empathy: Having a consciousness of the need to imaginatively put oneself in the place of others in order to genuinely understand them, which requires the consciousness of our egocentric tendency to identify truth with our immediate perceptions of long-standing thought or belief. This trait correlates with the ability to reconstruct accurately the viewpoints and reasoning of others and to reason from premises, assumptions, and ideas other than our own. This trait also correlates with the willingness to remember occasions when we were wrong in the past despite an intense conviction that we were right, and with the ability to imagine our being similarly deceived in a case-at-hand.”

Do you feel that you personally have this character trait? Do you see what I am asking you? I have the feeling that you do not understand what you actually said to offended me. In the rest of your response to me you say that you think I have a problem with how you view of:“the Christian church, the bible, its god, and faith-based thinking”. You are wrong when it comes to the Church, Bible and God… To be honest I value the outside opinion. What I do question is what you mean by faith-based thinking. The *only* reason that I do so, is because you point blank said that believers have closed minds (or barely qualify for a mind).

The above quote found here:
http://www.criticalthinking.org/pages/valuabl...

San Francisco, CA

#506505 Mar 19, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Alpha and omega are Greek letters. Did the Greeks write the Bible?
Maybe God is Greek.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#506506 Mar 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they would, just like people who don't agree with or believe in nuclear weapons make sites that point out the folly of nuclear weapons.
Or pollution, or animal abuse, fossil fuels or any other thing a person does not have a belief in.
They utilize many ways to speak out against that.
Deities included.
Good point.

I hadda think for a minute and you know how I hate that.

The difference with those examples and the anti-theist nuts is that the anti-theist nuts try to proclaim their beliefs as fact. They try their hardest to make others follow in their footsteps.

It's kinda like the anti-gun nuts or the anti-abortions nuts. They all seem to have the same attitude of "my way or the highway".
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#506507 Mar 19, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
I sound like swine flu,and you sound like swine S....SHEISSE stinking and posting crap
read Mein Kampf you idiot, and tell us what page Hitler plan holocoust aginst jews,
you low quality Swine Scheisse seating in mosque,but night time eating pork under own bed?
pfuj dumb but polack
You are a dirty east european half jew polak pretending to be german. I don´t care about Mein Kampf. Mein Kampf is here. You are a shitty dirtbag eating swine claiming to know and to practice christianity, one of Judas many priests. Get lost

Location hidden

#506508 Mar 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not only to a non-believer.
"God has a plan" is not a satisfactory answer to any question.
It's equivalent to saying, "I have no idea, and yeah, it doesn't make sense, so WTF, let's jast say it's God's plan."
Question: Why does God allow innocent children to die of leukemia?
Answer: God has a plan.
That's not an answer, it's kicking the can up to the sky.
See? There it is again?

The atheist blaming God.

I know, I know, you're not *really* blaming God cuz you don't *really* believe in God....

BUT - Why is it that atheists always use that kind of example? "Why does God allow innocent children to die of leukemia?"

Why is it NEVER something like: "Why does God allow innocent children to be so happy with crayons?"

San Francisco, CA

#506509 Mar 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Anti-pixie dust?
Anti-leprechaun?
Anti-Buddha?
Anti-Santa?
There's a huge difference. There's no doubt the Bible exists, right?

The websites poke fun at Christians who buy into the nasty stuff in the Bible.

What's wrong with that?

#506510 Mar 19, 2013
Cheriann wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey mam
How you doing? We are fine and you are up to mischief again. Had'nt you better go and rest. It is the pitch of night where you are Ha ha ha
Having a bit of fun hey!
Love
Cherianne
xxxx
Hi Sweet Cherie ~ long time no see :)

Location hidden

#506511 Mar 19, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
WHO made you born again? your jesus billy graham,or other spiritual bulcrap priest?
Jesus.

I spoke to Him.

San Francisco, CA

#506512 Mar 19, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>no idea. When I saw him last yr on the billboard, he seems to have stretches on the billboard. You won't see him for a week or so...then he returns everyday for another two weeks or so forth. He is probably reading along, just not writing, but who knows.
OK, but you haven't heard anything about Counter_Strike being sent to the lake of fire, right?

I don't want to worry.

Location hidden

#506513 Mar 19, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Statement from the following web site...
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/unic...
Argument for and against (wasn't sure what they were trying to prove! LOL) the "invisible" pink unicorn...
"Invisible pink unicorns?
Can we determine the existence/non-existence of invisible pink unicorns? Actually, the answer is "yes." Unicorns would be pink if they reflected pink electromagnetic radiation (i.e., light). However, in order to be invisible, the unicorns would reflect no electromagnetic radiation. Therefore, the term "invisible pink unicorn" is self contradictory. Therefore, we know absolutely that they could not exist. I don't know who invented the term "invisible pink unicorns," but they were obviously deficient in their physics education.
However, for the sake of argument, let's change the term and drop the "pink" part. Is it possible to determine whether or not invisible unicorns exist somewhere in the universe? Technically, it would be very unlikely that any organism would be invisible. The only reasonable chemical basis for living organisms in this universe is carbon-based life. This would ensure that unicorns would always be visible. Although possible that unicorns might be invisible due to being made of anti-matter, such existence would be problematic, since their interaction with ordinary matter would result in their immediate and spectacular destruction. Could unicorns be made of exotic matter? While possible, there is no evidence from physics that any creatures could be made of exotic matter. At present, it is possible to detect exotic matter only indirectly through particle physics and through its ability to bend light (only detectable through gravitational lensing of distant galaxies). At this point, we would be unable to detect a unicorn made of exotic matter. So, although we can be fairly certain that invisible unicorns do not exist in the universe, we could not take the strong aunicornist stance.
Alone in the Universe: Why Our Planet Is UniqueIs it possible that pink unicorns might exist somewhere in the universe? As of today, we don't know if life exists outside of our Solar System. Some scientists believe that life is common throughout the universe, while others think that all life or only advanced life is rare in the universe. The origin of life by naturalistic means seems extremely improbable. In addition, the earth seems to exhibit unusual design, since the existence of tectonic activity on such a small planet for such a long period of time is probably the result of an extremely unlikely collision event early in its history. Without tectonic activity, the earth would be a waterworld, since continents would not form. Advanced life (beyond fish) cannot exist on such a planet (hence no unicorns).
Atheism requires that abiogenesis (a naturalistic origin of life) is at least possible, if not likely, and that habitable planets are common throughout the universe. Such a scenario, if true, would make it likely that pink unicorns do exist somewhere in the universe. Therefore, an atheist would be illogical to assume a strong aunicornist stance. The unicorn argument as an argument against the existence of God fails logically, since it is not possible to definitively show that unicorns do not exist somewhere in the universe."
Thank for proving my point.

"godandscience" isn't an atheist site....

Location hidden

#506514 Mar 19, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you a question.
If two male friends of Jesus told him they were getting married to each other, what would Jesus say to them?
And, what's the basis for your answer?
"Sign a pre-nup!"

-cuz Jesus is smart.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#506515 Mar 19, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Though Adam is a Son of God he was also created as an adult man... not as a little boy.
There were several things he was tasked with and accountable for before his wife came on the scene. So Adam was an adult and accountable for his own actions... Perfect in the day he was created but made a bad choice out of his own autonomous, free will. Eventually, he chose to not trust in God.
Myth.

#506516 Mar 19, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
And yours has been the typical Christian response for this thread. You had no problem with Dim calling me "liar" without evidence, but you object to my use of the word "moron" with Dim in response to that.
You have a double standard - one for your own, and another for unbelievers. Given that, why should I respect your judgments about either Christians or non-Christians?
I will offer you your own words: To read you is to know you.
Why do you think I haven't said anything to Skom about name calling? When I read any post where people are calling each other names I more or less shudder, recalling it is easy to be drawn into these arguments that are never ending. Why do you think it has been written that there is regret and shame at some of the things written in the past and the hope that one has grown sufficiently to overcome that arrogant humanity? Indeed, to read is to know...... I most definitely agree with that

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Truth 539,085
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 10 min Uzi 36,757
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 17 min Aura Mytha 733,168
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min Aura Mytha 226,379
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 24 min Uzi 117,996
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 25 min Toby 94,684
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min Insults Are Easier 258,047
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••