“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#506542 Mar 19, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
Funny!
Find a GOD on an entertainment site?
Changing your ideas and ideals by researching and reading the experiences of others..... sometimes, people stop fighting the fact that things like NDE's exist, acknowledge that they have coincidences to coincidental to be coincidence and other things. They learn the power of Prayer when a loved one is sick, or when someone is in need... and they learn FAITH. If one is looking, Mike, they will often find what they are looking for :)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#506543 Mar 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank for proving my point.
"godandscience" isn't an atheist site....
I do not think that you have to be atheist to be anti invisible pink unicorn.

My opinion of the whole conversation...

You can always expect to have people present the "cons" against just about everything.

It should be a given when an atheist speaks of God...it is a God that he does not believe exists.

I have found when discussing subject matter with some Christians that it is easier for me to do so if I discuss from their point of view. Easier because I don't have to keep saying..."I believe differently". I am in hopes that the person that I am talking to is smart enough to figure that out.

To keep saying..."I believe differently"..."I don't believe so"...etc etc...sets a negative tone to the conversation and once turning negative the chances of "debating heatedly" rises.

I can't think what it is called but often in a debate the opposing party will take on the perspective of the one he is opposing.

#506544 Mar 19, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>While under observation, can you last longer than 30 days pretending there is a GOD?
I am always under observation...... and knowledge is not pretense.

“What?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#506545 Mar 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Still not an anti-leprechaun site...
But funny!
"New York City Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly stated that they leprechauns were not allowed to participate in the parade for their own personal safety; citing that the struggling economy puts the leprechauns in a high risk category due to their extreme wealth."
http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/30863/le... ’s-day-parade/
--
Maybe if they were gay leprechauns...
Gay leprechauns have their own parade. Where do you think all the rainbow banners came from?

Duh

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#506546 Mar 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
See? There it is again?
The atheist blaming God.
I know, I know, you're not *really* blaming God cuz you don't *really* believe in God....
BUT - Why is it that atheists always use that kind of example? "Why does God allow innocent children to die of leukemia?"
Why is it NEVER something like: "Why does God allow innocent children to be so happy with crayons?"
It's probably because within your mythic deity scenario, we know the deity didn't create crayons, humans did.

Also, within your mythic deity scenario, we know humans didn't create leukemia, and allow children to die with leukemia.

Humans actually try to prevent that.

It's your myth, accept it for all that it entails.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#506547 Mar 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn you.
I see, I see.
See...I knew I had it right and I let you rain on my parade!

#506548 Mar 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So...did GOD also plant the DNA into the beginning of "cycle of the birth of" plasmodiums? what about other pathogens, such as measles, bubonic plague or TB?
If you answer in the negative, how can you justify claiming the one and not the other while claiming you have a "perfect" deity?
I agree with evolution.... not just the origin of evolution, similar in fact to Francis Collins beliefs. There has been many changes since day dot, and you cannot deny that. Add your list of plagues to evolution of the result of changes.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#506549 Mar 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not surprised at all. As a matter of fact it's to be expected.
If there were a deity, there would be no confusion concerning the one method it had decided to use to communicate it's desires and wishes for man to follow.
Perfection allows for nothing less than perfect communication.
<quoted text>
See? You said "need", your opinion, and still that isn't the case, is it.
Confusion.
Not really. Actually I would say if there is some Christian somewhere saying there is another Spirit other than the Spirit that Jesus Christ promised in order to know and get access to Father YHWH, that is heresy, an anti-christ, and that Christian do not spiritually know Father YHWH, because knowing Father YHWH, is only through Jesus Christ and His Spirit.

YHWH inspired people to write a book. There are kinds of issues in that book. History, wars, prophecies for a certain time period, parables, and teachings that depending on the level of spiritual maturity that Christian may or may bot be able to discern.

Verification and inline with an All knowing Omniscient God to me.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#506550 Mar 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists don't want you to change your beliefs.
uh-huh... the gay-marriage supporting atheists don't want the genuine Believers to change their beliefs either.
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists work against theists trying to enforce their beliefs on everyone else who don't have a theistic belief, that they should believe what a theist believes.
There are certainly theists that do that.
If that isn't you then there is no conflict.
So basically you come to a (theist) Christian-based, topix thread... and no doubt with Jesus in the title of it...just so you could work against Christians trying to share their own beliefs on this Jesus-based thread?

Sorry Scar, but it sounds like a myth.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#506551 Mar 19, 2013
not

“What?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#506552 Mar 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then there is no conflict.
I uphold our Constitution and respect everyone's right to freedom of (or from) religion.
I'm pro-choice.
I'm pro-gun.
I'm apathetic gay marriage (cuz I'm apathetic marriage...)
I believe in prayer in school and NO prayer in school.
I believe atheists have every right to their beliefs, er um, non-beliefs.
I believe theists have every right to their beliefs.
I believe in a harmonious society of believers and non-believers, republicans and democrats, pro-choicers and pro-lifers, Xbox fans and Playstation fans, Picard fans and Kirk fans...
I just can't make it happen.
Playstation sucks. I'm a Playstation bigot. The only redeeming value is the Blue Ray capability.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#506553 Mar 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I pay no attention to the icons further than, if they are positive, I figure someone agrees, and if negative, someone disagrees, and I'm in agreement with that.
In both instances, it means I was successful.
Icon away.
For myself, The Icons let me know that my posts haven't been banned.
Adam

Germany

#506554 Mar 19, 2013

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#506555 Mar 19, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you seen the caption under my avatar?
"Location Hidden"?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#506556 Mar 19, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay leprechauns have their own parade. Where do you think all the rainbow banners came from?
Duh
*slaps forehead*

I shudda known...

But in my defense, I'm not in that crowd...

Location hidden

#506557 Mar 19, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not think that you have to be atheist to be anti invisible pink unicorn.
My opinion of the whole conversation...
You can always expect to have people present the "cons" against just about everything.
It should be a given when an atheist speaks of God...it is a God that he does not believe exists.
I have found when discussing subject matter with some Christians that it is easier for me to do so if I discuss from their point of view. Easier because I don't have to keep saying..."I believe differently". I am in hopes that the person that I am talking to is smart enough to figure that out.
To keep saying..."I believe differently"..."I don't believe so"...etc etc...sets a negative tone to the conversation and once turning negative the chances of "debating heatedly" rises.
I can't think what it is called but often in a debate the opposing party will take on the perspective of the one he is opposing.
I agree with what you say. You know, I wouldn't be so specific and repetitive in mentioning that theistic beliefs are based in myth, if not for what you point out above.

Oh.... IPU was a "meme" invented by atheists to point out the irony of theistic belief.

May her hooves never be rasped.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#506558 Mar 19, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Such was the Medieval Christian myth.
We now know that the originals were not named. The Apostles didn't write a single one of the texts. The only texts in the Bible whose author is known is seven of Paul's leters.
Enjoy living in the 10th century. Watchout for them heathen Vikings.
Wrong again.

http://beyondfaith.wordpress.com/2008/01/03/t...

Location hidden

#506559 Mar 19, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Playstation sucks. I'm a Playstation bigot. The only redeeming value is the Blue Ray capability.
I'm Bi-consolist.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#506560 Mar 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
It's probably because within your mythic deity scenario, we know the deity didn't create crayons, humans did.
WOAH, WOAH, WOAH!!

Hold the f_ck on!

It's y'all atheists that have been naggin my ass that "God created everything"....

But now that we come to something cute & innocent, crayons, God didn't create that...

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
Also, within your mythic deity scenario, we know humans didn't create leukemia, and allow children to die with leukemia.
Humans actually try to prevent that.
It's your myth, accept it for all that it entails.
And that sums it up.

Atheists want to blame God for stuff like leukemia, but credit humans to creating crayons....

You can't have the argument both ways, dude.

Either God created everything or God creates everything. There IS a difference.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#506561 Mar 19, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning :-)
Good evening JLU, how're you today?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 110,016
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 39 min Rosesz 675,493
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Gabriel 982,282
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 hr lightbeamrider 4,079
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 hr awesome reality 46,189
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 hr UidiotRaceMakeWOR... 184,711
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 12 hr Tony 6,217
More from around the web