Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
He was pretty happy at the image of me burning in the mythological hell, too. I couldn't help but laugh.
It's so cute when they do that.

I like it when they tell us that witch burning and the use of the iron maiden are things of the past, and that it is outrageous to keep bringing up those embarrassing chapters from centuries back, as if they're over those tendencies - between episodes of telling you how much they lust the thought of you burning.

Then you realize that even though it has been centuries since the last person was burned alive in North America as a heretic, that was the last time it was allowed, and that to my knowledge, they have never apologized for that, nor exhibited any other sign of remorse or rehabilitation.

And they still lust sadistically. Does this sound like they are over it:

[1] "I am so thrilled that smelly greasy shit like you will endure thermal and mechanical tortures for eternity in Hell. Hopefully you are involved in a tragic metal crushing car accident, resulting in your beheadedness, you awful demented dehumanizing sack of trash." - Just Results at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TB4V0KF...

[2] "You see we just want to make sure that while you're not in heaven but in the other place we want you to relive all of these moments that put you there. To haunt you for all eternity while flames burn the flesh off of your bones." - KJV at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

[3] "God needs no help he just lets us have some fun, he waiting to wipe you off the face of the earth because he said we need to have some fun. So he left 2.3% of all atheist on earth for us to torment." - Langoliers at http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

If you can locate Trifecta's comment, I'd like to add it to that list.

No wonder these Christians call me a bigot. I just keep rubbing their noses in their legacy.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, shame is different than sin. You're screwing up your definitions here.
Of course I feel shame - but shame, unlike sin, is fleeting and socially based.
<quoted text>
hahaha! No, hardly. Please look up the words you are using.
<quoted text>
That's the definition of sin in Ancient Greek, sure. So what? I don't live in Ancient Greece and I don't speak their language, nor hold the meanings they imbued actions with.
<quoted text>
You're not keeping up.
<quoted text>
Nope. You don't get it. Try again.
<quoted text>
You're still not getting it.
<quoted text>
No, there should be no shame there.
Sorry, you haven't grasped my point. I must not be explaining myself very well or you aren't reading my posts very well. Given our past conversations, I'm guessing the latter. Oh well.
Did you not just write you don't feel shame?

Is that one of your [choice is an illusion, there is no choice argument]? you seem to thrive on those.

I did look up the word. No shame is a key element to narcissism.

You don't have to live in the Greek culture to know what you're talking about. "sin" does not have much to do with your earlier pontification.

Oh I get it lady, and I get you. Kicking the dog is ok. There is no such thing as adultery to you. There should be no shame over those actions.

Oh I got 'cha, loud and clear.

You can go to bed now, freethink up a good dream.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Since: Mar 11

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
He gave us his word already that Parnia's results had already been published, and that hundreds of scientists agreed that it demonstrated that mind survives death, or could exist without a brain, whatever it was he actually claimed. It varied.
With all due respect to our mutual friend Trifecta, his credibility in these matters is already shot.
Oh, right. Good point. True.

He never provided even a link to "those hundreds of scientists" or to a single research paper.

I believe, at one point, he said something nice.

Oh! No, that's not it. He admitted that belief was subjective. That's actually quite the step for a believer - but he didn't mean it as I do. He just meant that only some people can find his deity. Err...so I'm extrapolating kindly.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, little sister. Juice, like the Dim One, likes to offer here memories as evidence.
She's working up to a nickname like Dim and Derp have earned, names that reflect their obtuseness. Juice's name should reflect her juiciness. The choices are obvious. Dare I post them? I don't want to make Juice blush.
.. as a member of the Holy Church of Catcher, you signed a covenant to fight all dark, evil forces which accrue religious blessings for character assassination via name-calling, innuendo or sarcasm ..

.. be true to your church ..

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>I see no problem. No problem at all. <smile>
Did you get what the problem was supposed to be?
<grinning>

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Qu_innocence wrote:
Good Afternoon I mean.. to everyone else also.
:)
Heh heh...Back at'cha...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Yes LW...I have had that same thing happen to me before!
I was skimming posts...the above sentence jumped out at me...I thought...OH MY!
Yep...got to satisfy those tickles! LOL
lol Just think is someone could read or hear the deep thoughts of your mind.OH MY IS RIGHT.lol

lol No matter how hard it is sometimes,Mischeif is like a genie she just comes slippin and sliddin out of that perfume bottle.lol

The wonder of it all.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweet. I have only been given existence to provide you with self-reflexivity.
{edited} to think deeply about these discussions. Not dogmatically. Reflexively. Deeply.
Great.

Now let's do shots and play strip poker.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, right. Good point. True.
He never provided even a link to "those hundreds of scientists" or to a single research paper.
Read the book.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion is noted and filed.
Here is my logical position. Please correct me:

1. You claim your deity is the Creator of everything in the universe.
2. You claim your deity is perfect (all knowing, all powerful).
3. Therefore It Created everything in the universe with Perfect knowledge.
4. So...I ask you, why did it Create malaria?

That's the whole point. What's your answer. You believe in your God, you believe He Created everything, and that He's perfect, why did He Create malaria (or any pathogen, just name it).

5. Malaria kills mostly children.
6. Anyone who Creates a thing that kills mostly children is responsible for their deaths.
7. Therefore, the Creator of Malaria is a killer of children.

I fail to see how you can argue this point. Did your deity not create malaria? If not, how do you justify believing God is Perfect? If God is Perfect, and didn't want to kill children, how did malaria gain existence?

I'd appreciate it if you actually attempted to answer the questions rather than avoid them through distraction. But your call. Either way works for my premise - if you use distraction, you've demonstrate an inability to address the logical problems of your faith.

However, if you answer them sincerely, I cannot dispute you. Your beliefs are your beliefs. It's just that, and I apologize, I don't see it as rational to believe in a perfect creating, all loving deity when we have malaria, and other pathogens, targeting mostly the poor and killing mostly children. That doesn't make sense, unless the creator is 1) not moral, 2) not perfect, 3) doesn't have foresight, 4) doesn't exist.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
From that:

"Eighty to 90 percent of these patients do not have stories of bright lights, tunnels, out-of-body experiences and luminous beings." - Parnia

Seems only 20% of us have souls.

Not good odds at all.
Adam

Bad Vilbel, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So we should thank Adolf that he only killed 6 million Jews.
It was all so we could "wonder" at the holocaust like a rainbow ?
Strange theological concept there, RR.
Why do you stupid bring Hitler in here?
For your info I've never supported the holocaust.
Adam

Bad Vilbel, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. as a member of the Holy Church of Catcher, you signed a covenant to fight all dark, evil forces which accrue religious blessings for character assassination via name-calling, innuendo or sarcasm ..
.. be true to your church ..
Hey sweetie..I had asked you something.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know that to be a fact, or is it just something you were taught?
Neither fact or taught.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Did you not just write you don't feel shame?
Is that one of your [choice is an illusion, there is no choice argument]? you seem to thrive on those.
I did look up the word. No shame is a key element to narcissism.
You don't have to live in the Greek culture to know what you're talking about. "sin" does not have much to do with your earlier pontification.
Oh I get it lady, and I get you. Kicking the dog is ok. There is no such thing as adultery to you. There should be no shame over those actions.
Oh I got 'cha, loud and clear.
You can go to bed now, freethink up a good dream.
I can barely read your English. It might be my tiredness.

When did I say that kicking dogs is ok? From the dog's perspective, it is quite poor behavior. From the perspective of future humans who have to interact with the poor dog, it is bad behavior. In Vietnam, though, no problem. In America, bad morals. Kicking dogs is clearly dependent on who you are and what culture you're in. "sin" only plays a role here if you're from a Christian culture.

Sin is a cultural construct.

You don't "get me." If you did, you wouldn't put such lame straw men arguments in place of my words. It's easy for you to attack the straw men you create, because you created them as a mockery of what I have written.

But it's quite difficult for you to actually address what I have written. And you subsequently have to write something as silly as "Oh I get it lady, and I get you. Kicking the dog is ok. There is no such thing as adultery to you. There should be no shame over those actions."

You fail to present an argument that applies to all humans universally. The very best you can do is produce an argument that may apply to Christians.

And that's my point: you are a believer. And, like all believers, you "know" your belief system is the "one, true" belief system.

Sorry, Tri, but you cannot judge all other peoples based on your belief system - that's the very height of arrogance.

Ok, g'night.:) Sleep well.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. That's like saying that you personally responsible for what your ancestors may have done to blacks or jews? If that is the case, are you still evil because of what they may have done?
What ?

God is the descendant of God so God isn't responsible for the actions of God ?

That made no sense, Quin.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
Did you not claim your deity is "The Perfect Creator"?
I believe what I said was "a perfect creator doesn't mean a perfect creation"
Ok. God only kills some kids with malaria. Other kids He kills with other diseases. Some with child abuse.
He likes the kids who live in wealthy nations and generally doesn't kill them. But sometimes He does, with cancer.
Actually, RR, a better mimicry of my position would be "God pre-ordained that children would die of horrible pathogens."
And "God pre-ordained that Jews would suffer horribly throughout the medieval ages and especially in the 19th century."
There's that atheist adage: "Blame God for bad but don't thank Him for good."

(Which is what started this conversation. And you're playing along perfectly)
You're unable to offer rebuttal, hey. No problem.
Unwilling, not unable. Your enculturation is strong. Your beliefs (or lack of) are equally strong.

Your mind is made up.
To be honest, you've made it cognitively farther than most Christians. You just fail to realize the silliness of:
"what? pathogens kill kids??? Look, Hiding, God Created everything, including pathogens, but that doesn't mean He's responsible for the deaths of kids. He just Created the agents of their misery and death. How can you say that He Created those kids to die??? His all loving power is limited to Creating disease organisms that take advantage of young immune systems and poor nutrition (that He also Created)."
Perhaps you aren't paying attention....

You just did a hypothetical quote of mine, but neglected to remember that my stance is that God did not create malaria.
Keep going round and round in circles, RR. I'm sure other believers of your specific religion get your logic, since they have vested interest in doing so and are encultured into your position.
Anyways, no need to argue. Just explain to me why the world has malaria and other nasty pathogens.
I dunno. Why do we have malaria? Influenza? Cancer? Penicillin? Milk? Rainbows? Star Wars? Cell phones? Jeans? Tacos?

I guess you'd say that God created it all.

Even AM radio.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>So you have no shame? which really means you're Narcissistic. As I always suspected, reason I asked.
Sin, just means "to miss the mark" Which is to miss the Glory of God. And we were born sinners. So all that "preaching" on sin as you know it to be is pretty naive.
But to you, no Deity exist, so of course you believe you have no sin.
So to you someone has to be hurt for you to feel shame.
What if you saw someone kicked a dog. Should they feel ashamed about doing that?
What if two married couples agree to have sex with the alternate spouse. No one is getting hurt because they all agreed, should there be any shame there?
You need not pile the feces so high.
We know you are full of them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So we should thank Adolf that he only killed 6 million Jews.
It was all so we could "wonder" at the holocaust like a rainbow ?
Strange theological concept there, RR.
I started that conversation.

I said something along the lines of: Atheists always seem to blame God for all the evils in the world but never thank Him for the positives.

It's an odd belief they have.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I can barely read your English. It might be my tiredness...
It isn't you.

It claims it can speak proper English when it feels like it.

We just don't rate the respect.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 486,761 - 486,780 of598,774
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

374 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Hidingfromyou 223,217
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Chess Jurist 716,758
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 23 min danetoo 114,651
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 54 min MUQ1 36,412
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Chess Jurist 530,167
Being Gay is not wrong! (Mar '07) 2 hr andet1987 168
Why America is a beautiful nation 2 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr WildWeirdWillie 171,459
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr AussieBobby 255,732
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr amy 63
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••