“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#505917 Mar 18, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes I wonder if a person that gave us something had not, would someone else have come up with it? Case in point, the printing press by Gutenberg. Food for thought. I'm sure you know what his first work was. Our church has a reproduction Gutenberg bible. Quite something to know what kind of work and lives have been spent bringing this ancient text to the masses. Some say its worthless. Others say its worth giving all. Thats my thought btw. Good day!
It's funny seeing people say the religiously brainwashed; when I think about my own life. I went to many different Churches, watched movies that made me hysterical (Song of Bernadette) and made me love and laugh (The Singing Nun), caught the bus to Sunday School with no coercion, and went along the pathway that made me the happiest - the pathway to GOD.

At any time in my life if I have said I don't want to go to Sunday School, there would have been no argument, we were not that fiercely religious a family. In saying that, my Mother went to Church as many Sundays as I can remember, was a volunteer ambulance driver and driver for the community. She helped look after abused children and was the piggy in the middle dropping kids off and picking them up. I did not attend the Church my Mother went to, except on rare occasions, however when I was baptised a Mormon, my Mother, Brother and younger Sister also were.

I went to Catholic Summer School, intending to be a Nun, but ended up going with my best friend to Church, and that was the introduction into the Mormon Church. None of my family are involved in Tarot or Crystals or many of the things I have become involved with, although they are interested and have had readings. My elder Sister is a Reiki Master....

Religiously brainwashed? Nah, not a chance :)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#505918 Mar 18, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I have a sudden craving for eggs & hash browns....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#505919 Mar 18, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
MY GOD/FATHER is limited??? He's the One who made the world in just 6 days, which y'all can't believe could be done!
what can your 'deity' do in just 6 days?
It wasn't literally 6 days, duder...

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#505920 Mar 18, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got some strange ideas, mixed with a lot of confusion.
prove it!

i know:
where i came from
why i'm here
where i'm going

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#505921 Mar 18, 2013
The Last True Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on, clueless wonder.
you wanna piece of me too?;)

#505922 Mar 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Genius design, huh?
Exactly; when one looks at a rose, of the face of a Pug, it is easy to see the stroke of a GENIUS!!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#505923 Mar 18, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
prove it!
i know:
where i came from
why i'm here
where i'm going
I know where I came from.

I know why I'm here.

I'm pooping....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#505924 Mar 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> That's your problem...you just can not get past your "limited" deity. Most things ARE explainable...but not in the poorly presented manner that your ignorant religious patrons have spelled out as "facts"...which we all know is errant.
Your religion is extremely lacking in morality and effectual explanations of actuality.
You have been misled by an agendized structure of theocrats.
is that so?!

can you take me to your leader? i wanna speak to it for myself:)

#505925 Mar 18, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Its funny, I agree with this. Before the last election I posted much in another forum. It might still be too close to really see but I don't think so. Passion might get heated but I would bet that things are mostly the same from every posters pov. One thing that has changed in my life is I'm now working for a charity. Sure didn't see that one in my future a short time back. But if anything it just makes me drive even harder for what I stand for. Talk is cheap. Latter.
Good on you Chris :)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#505926 Mar 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> You are still trying to attribute "deity"...that is totally wrong.
i'm all ears, lay it out for me; i.e., put up or shut up;)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#505927 Mar 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a sudden craving for eggs & hash browns....
LOL!

#505928 Mar 18, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
Your post lately strike me as you're a closet christian, "can't we all just get along"....the only rules we follow are from topix.
Are you afraid to be called a christian?
This is a dog eat dog world that is why the GOD-concept was developed.
The GOD concept is very effective in moments of time, it is never lasting...30 days max.
Not sure how you calculated GOD being a concept for 30 days max LOL......

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#505929 Mar 18, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly; when one looks at a rose, of the face of a Pug, it is easy to see the stroke of a GENIUS!!
Well, There does seem to be "fractal" design to it all.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#505930 Mar 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> You are making poor excuses for your own behavior....just stop doing it...but you will not because it is a psychosis you suffer...I understand that.
if when/y'all can stop insulting believers, MAYBE then i'll stop flattering our lady friends.

but in the mean-time; Y'ALL ARE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!;)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#505931 Mar 18, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure how you calculated GOD being a concept for 30 days max LOL......
Didn't ya know?

We just thunked up God 30 days ago...

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#505932 Mar 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't literally 6 days, duder...
PROVE IT!

Location hidden

#505933 Mar 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Just calm down. We're all good. I don't hold grudges, I barely remember slights after a few days. Admittedly, I get extremely rabid when pressed - sorry if I hurt you. No one is going to attack you. Very sorry if you feel that way.
You and I, we just had a bad conversation that went worse that bored everyone to tears. Now they're asking us to stop. Let's try to avoid bad conversations in the future.
Here, have a coffee, from a silver cup.
:)
And you're totally welcome to call me a loser. All I accomplish in my life feels inconsequential anyways. I can't believe you got reamed out for that since, I don't know, at least three times I quite clearly owned up to that.
A couple years ago, I was laying in a hospital bed, a cast from my foot to my ass, bored out of my mind and on serious pain meds. I was perusing the webz and came across this site called Topix.com . I was intrigued. It was fascinating in a train wreck kind of way.

I got caught up in this obscure little West Virgina town's forums. There I saw the biggest flame war I'd ever seen. A young woman vs a middle aged man. They went as far as mining FB pictures, making videos and posting them on BlipTV. It was fuckinawesome !! It went on for weeks. I was mesmerized.

To cut this short, they are now the best of friends.

Wow, that was a lot of words for me.

:-)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#505934 Mar 18, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
if when/y'all can stop insulting believers, MAYBE then i'll stop flattering our lady friends.
but in the mean-time; Y'ALL ARE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!;)
You tell em, Eugene!

Do yo thang!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#505935 Mar 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, There does seem to be "fractal" design to it all.
OK!

If you keep using big words, this conversation is over!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#505936 Mar 18, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
PROVE IT!
Why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Anthony MN 585,798
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 270,837
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Good-Evil 830,421
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. (Jul '14) 1 hr Ricky F 166
Getting even with a former bully 1 hr British women 3
Friends Mom Naked (With Pics) (Jan '13) 1 hr Yes I would 4
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr truthandcommonsense 3,667
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 hr Student 40,223
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 hr Paul Porter1 99,270
More from around the web