Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#505780 Mar 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Crap! I guess she knows what iocane powder is!
But, my, how that bazooka sparkles! You can't say my maids did a bad job, hey :)
<Hiding reaches into hidden utility belt, pulls out round object>
Well, I'm out of here! <and dashes object against the ground>
<poof. pop. a tiny flash, a little fizzle, small cloud of smoke curls away.>
Ah...something tells me I should have practiced my ninja skills instead of read google news all week...
Something tells me I should never have brought up the topic of a "threesome".

<ducks shots from both vixens>

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#505781 Mar 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
A perfect creator can not create an imperfect thing or it is an imperfect creator.
IMHO, what "we" percieve as "imperfect" is NOT "imperfect".
I think we humans think far to highly of ourselves. In reality we are the most vile parasite on this planet. We may be "Elohim" but we are pretty pathetic "Elohim".
I think we have the potential to be "Elohim" but we use our powers very unwisely. That is PERHAPS what "Evil" is.
Humans are most definitely not Elohim (God).

Why can a perfect creator not create something imperfect? Or, why is that your opinion?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#505782 Mar 18, 2013
From Bible fact book.

The Place of the Trumpeting.

A priest would blow a ram's-horn trumpet(the shofar) to announce the beginning of each week's sabbath,according to several Jewish sources.
Recent excavations have uncovered a limestone block on the cornorstone of an ancient tower on the southwest cornor of Herod's great temple mount that announces that it was for the place of the trumpeting.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#505784 Mar 18, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Just sharing somethings found in the Bible fact book.
The Ark of the Covenant;
The Ark was Israel's most holy object.It was a onated box made of acacia wood,overlaid with gold,and topped with a golden mercy seat flanked by two winged cherubs.It served as God's Throne or foorstool on earth,and it contained the tablets of the Ten Commandments,a pot of manna,and Aaron's rod.It was kept in the Most Holy Place of the Tabernacle and Temple but it was destroyed by the Babylonian in 586 B.C.
"Mercy Seat" sounds like an emergency toilet.

"And between the wings of each Cherub thou shalt place a dowel of olive wood to hold an extra large roll of Charmin."

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#505785 Mar 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
But, Tide! The sex...it was better than solo, right??? I mean...you know, I guess if you think so then, well, yeah, ok, me too sorta. Yeah, I can see that. Ok, fine then!
Fine!
Jerk!
We just have to work on it and bring in a third, that's all. Maybe you can find someone with great big areolas? That would be nice, huh?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#505786 Mar 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. It is a perfect analogy.
You just can't face the truth about God.
I find that very sad.
<<<face_palm> >>.. smile.

Welp G, I would love to chat a little longer but work beckons... have a good one.. Ciao bella to HFY, Adios to Lawest and everyone.

Lordwilling l8tr

:)

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#505787 Mar 18, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
fart fart fart
I really believe that you are more than the sum of your farts.

You need only spread your cheeks and fly.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#505788 Mar 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point.
I don't believe "Evil" in the Universal/Cosmic/"God " sense exists at all. I think it is simply a construct of the human mind...which itself is IMHO "created by God".
Hope that made better sense than throwing verses at you.
I'm guessing your position is sort of like this:

If there is divinity, it's not understandable by humans. It doesn't share human morality (or immorality), but humans attempt to understand it through religion - and they can only ever gain a very, very small comprehension of something unimaginable.

That isn't to say it doesn't have morality, just that its moral views would include an understanding of the the entirety of the universe, the afterlife, and outside the universe, meaning that no human could grasp it until experiencing it directly when no longer in possession of a body (i.e., dead).

Am I off here?

“"None shall pass"”

There

#505789 Mar 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm
Quite possibly a side effect of human imperfectness...
Still, created by man, not God.
I never blame a tool for the faults its manufacturer deliberatley designed into it.

God is responsible for everything.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#505790 Mar 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, I'm not doing what you originally accused atheists of doing. What I'm doing is questioning why you would believe something so strange as "a perfect creator doesn't mean a perfect creation."
How could it not?
Wait...so you're claiming that I'm a perfect creator of all technology but for some strange reason I couldn't foresee the cell phone?
God is a Perfect Creator, both Omniscient and Omnipotent, but woops! Malaria happened without Him Knowing it would happen?
You don't see why your religion is confusing and confused?
A Perfect Creator would be aware of what would happen if It added a 0 here or a 1 there. "Oh, if I do X, then get a world without malaria. If I do Xprime, then I get 8 species of malaria. If I do Xnot, then I get 4 species. I guess I'll choose Xnot."
How do we know the Perfect Creator Choose Xnot? Well, we have 4 species of malaria currently plaguing humans.
Lady. Don't you see a perfect creation would amount to you being born a robot? Not a bad thing being God's robot, but still a robot.

You're almost in an impossible position. because I don't know if you even believe in [sin]. If sin was not introduced into existence, then Malaria would not happen. When the first man and woman fell Adam and Eve, Creation fell as well. Man is no more perfect, Man can now CHOOSE. And Man, chose sin. And the earth is no more perfect, its now a fallen creation. And diseases and destruction follows.

I'm going to stop right there. Because whenever I get to pointing theology like this out, one thought that always enters my mind, is these verses from the bible.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 ESV
And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing. In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Romans 8:7-8 ESV
For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. Those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

[[[
So you know what, I not even going to try. Because unfortunately I believe only a spiritual breakthrough can affect your understanding. And this billboard can't provide a spiritual breakthrough.

And I feel bad for you to. Because I don't think you here to make people atheists like you. I truly think you desperately want to believe, but you truly cannot. And I think its mostly that you Can't, than you Won't. Your understanding, won't let you.

What's the use of arguing or discussing an issue with someone, where there minds cannot allow them to understand? the essence of futility.

whew! sad sad. God help you lady. Somehow God help you.

Some stable somewhere

#505791 Mar 18, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Y-O-U are 'E-V-I-L',you IGNORANT,no-life-having,spend all day blogging on the internet D-O-R-K!!
No, he's not evil. Yes, he has a life. The Internet is part of that life.

Hey! Wait a sec...don't...don't you also post on topix? Yes, yes, I remember you! You're like a regular poster on topix.

Hmmmm...pot, kettle, what absence of color do you share?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#505794 Mar 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, Shrink, terrible story. Congrats on learning those languages, sorry to hear about the pedo-priest. Glad you got away.
I can't agree with your religious views, and all I can add to this conversation is that the Catholic Institution is quite clearly a human one - and not even remotely in touch with a divine being. They need societally forced transparency, given their vast record of indecency and moral decay.
Yeah, that was a bad and evil experience.

Some stable somewhere

#505796 Mar 18, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Compared to all the humans who ever lived and are currently living on this earth... a few will be saved... Most definitely more than a hundred when you compare the ratio.
I would guess that pride is a sin, right? So if you actually thought "hey, I'm going to be among the very few who are saved" you'd automatically not be going, since they'd exclude the sinful.

Do you know that there's a paradox based on that principle that the Inquisition used to ask people? You see, it was nearly impossible to get it right (one very famous person did). It goes like this:

Are you now in God's grace?

(guess which answer led to torture)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#505797 Mar 18, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Hallelujah Areola Amen!
I would have never seen that woman's nipple mountains without your help. Thank you.
Do you have any more?
No, but you can go to the tube and search for yourself.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#505798 Mar 18, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text><<<face_palm >>>.. smile.
Welp G, I would love to chat a little longer but work beckons... have a good one.. Ciao bella to HFY, Adios to Lawest and everyone.
Lordwilling l8tr
Waves...

Some stable somewhere

#505799 Mar 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Which means God is ultimately responsible for everything man does.
No way around it, one can only out blinders on.
The Truth that no one wants to face is that God is responsible for everything in the UNiverse including "Evil".
Not sure why Abrahamics have to try to make God out to be something it clearly is not.
In human terms, God is the most evil thing in the Universe.
Wow. Powerfully said.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#505800 Mar 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Afraid of cleavage ?
Get a woman preacher in a bikini for us to watch, will ya.
A HOLY woman wouldn't expose herself.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#505803 Mar 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I never blame a tool for the faults its manufacturer deliberatley designed into it.
God is responsible for everything.
Which god?

Some stable somewhere

#505804 Mar 18, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I was referring to the Proverbs 20:6 sent earlier... you said to give you a hint and I responded by saying think about it... what does it mean to you. Something like tat.
"Many claim to have unfailing love, but a faithful person who can find?" Proverbs 20:6
----------
But regarding the other scripture concerning Jesus... I believe He is being honest and cares about what happens to them. So that is why He sent out that warning to encourage them to not give up. That's what I think about that.
Ah. Clearly that passage came from a culture that values ownership of partner's sex and sexuality within marriages. It most certainly could not have come from a culture that doesn't value strict ownership over partner's sex and sexuality.

So they're basically saying "it's difficult to live up to our culturally ideal of marriage. Few do." with the implication "it's a positive to find someone who can live up to our cultural ideals. Good luck on that."

The passage therefore demonstrates the conflict between cultural morality and human biology.

Re: the quote from Jesus. Of course you believe that! You don't want to believe that some of the passages attributed to him are designed to manipulate and control your behavior. I would expect no less than fervent belief in such a manner on your part, for I accept at your word that you are a Christian.

Some stable somewhere

#505805 Mar 18, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Something tells me I should never have brought up the topic of a "threesome".
<ducks shots from both vixens>
hahaha! I wrote something, then deleted it, then wrote something, then deleted it.

You, sir, have me at a loss for words!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min vikinglovespenis 55,919
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 min Dr Banonator 106,063
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min Steve III 650,012
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Brian_G 445,893
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,077
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2,306
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 182,934
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr brandy trujillo 971,739
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 23 hr Jesus 47
More from around the web