“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#505519 Mar 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize you're writing to yourself up there, yeah?
No, you're mistaken here. Lecturers - check any university's advertisements for them - only require an MA. I'm listed as Faculty at one university and both a PhD student and lecturer at my home university.
In the past, oh, 20 years or so, there's been a move to reduce university budgets by hiring non-tenure track positions.
As G_O_D if you don't believe me - he works at a uni, so he's in the know.
You told me that you were a "professional anthropologist" ...that would require a "doctorate".

So what is it? There is at least (3) stories now...make up our minds.

None of us like being lied to.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#505520 Mar 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are the one who went to topix and complained Hiding --not me..
Who is suffering paranoia?
I see you are quite expert in such matters by your indepth explanation here...so I must not be the first one to have been subject to your manipulating antics.
Ya... you really are proving what type of individual you are here...
Carry on.
I'm sorry you failed to understand my words above. Why don't you keep refusing to accept blame for your actions? Just tell yourself that I made you do everything, that I'm super horrible and have a secret long term plan with regards to your account, that everyone agrees with you.

There-there. You'll be ok. You'll be fine. Here, have a digestible cookie.

Location hidden

#505521 Mar 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, you just told me at least one person stood up for me.
:)
Stood up to you perhaps...that I surely did.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#505522 Mar 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> The only "game" here is you tide.
Huh?

Hiding invokes mind control:

<you're getting sleepy. you will follow these instructions>

<what I'd really like you to do now is "expose" me as Tide. I think that would demonstrate my paranoia diagnosis quite readily.>

<go, now. tell everyone I am, in fact, Tide with Beach>

Location hidden

#505523 Mar 18, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Aye Cap'n. Name callin be a staple of Topix. Thar be nuthin wrong with it. Buuuuuuut, usin the Clunt word brings forth the risk of all the fair lasses on board to come down on ya like a ton of Mizzen masts.
Well// my apology, if I said that...even if it fit...

Location hidden

#505524 Mar 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure hope they do! From the beginning. Maybe I'll post links to them all tomorrow, just for you. I'd guess you produced 30% more posts than I did.
But let's be honest with ourselves - we were boring almost everyone. Not a soul is going to go back and slog through insult after insult.
:)
Whatever...

It is what it is.

And I did give you fair warning that if you wanted to continue to piss on my feet there would be a price for it.
Now---you don't like the path you chose, and want to blame me for your poor judgement and actions.

Location hidden

#505525 Mar 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you failed to understand my words above. Why don't you keep refusing to accept blame for your actions? Just tell yourself that I made you do everything, that I'm super horrible and have a secret long term plan with regards to your account, that everyone agrees with you.
There-there. You'll be ok. You'll be fine. Here, have a digestible cookie.
You are not going to manipulate me into griveling at your feet.

You might be able to baffle everyone else with BS but I ain't fall'n fer it.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#505526 Mar 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> You told me that you were a "professional anthropologist" ...that would require a "doctorate".
So what is it? There is at least (3) stories now...make up our minds.
None of us like being lied to.
I am a professional anthropologist. It doesn't require a doctorate. I'm also a lecturer and a PhD student, carrying out dissertation research. I'm a member of three professional anthropology organizations and get paid to carry out anthropological research of my own design. I've both published in the field and done a number of professional academic conferences, including chairing one.

I've never not admitted that to anyone, nor pretended I had tenure. That's why I keep writing, when anyone calls me a prof, that I am, in fact, not a prof. You see, that would be dishonest - like claiming that you know how university systems work when you quite clearly haven't got a clue.

Anthropology is not a discipline like psychology. To be a psychologist, you have to be licensed. In some states that requires an MA, in most, a PhD.

I could, if I choose, end my studies and begin an anthropology career with only my MA. I don't believe that would be to my benefit, though. And the pay would be a lot less, the ceiling a lot lower.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#505527 Mar 18, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Yes. All Chinese people are required to eat fetuses at least once a week. In fact, there are only two types of food in China. Rice and fetuses. Also, all American Chinese restaurants are located next to pet hospitals. Some people will believe anything that's on the Internet.
scaritual wrote:
Being from Appalachia, I will soon be eating possum', after I have sex with a close family member, and drinking moonshine till I burst into blue flames.
LOL.

Eating fetus or eating Cletus. That's a tough one.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#505528 Mar 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
But...but...we need a revaluation of the rules!
Ah, nevermind.
Congratulations!
Your prize:
http://www.google.co.jp/imgres...
(a room full of gold)
Oh yay! I needed one of those.... have half ;)

Location hidden

#505529 Mar 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
Hiding invokes mind control:
<you're getting sleepy. you will follow these instructions>
<what I'd really like you to do now is "expose" me as Tide. I think that would demonstrate my paranoia diagnosis quite readily.>
<go, now. tell everyone I am, in fact, Tide with Beach>
What is "tide with the beach"?

You got a new game now?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#505530 Mar 18, 2013
<backing out very slowly...turning around....running as fast as I can, back to the drawer>

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#505531 Mar 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Whatever...
It is what it is.
And I did give you fair warning that if you wanted to continue to piss on my feet there would be a price for it.
Now---you don't like the path you chose, and want to blame me for your poor judgement and actions.
Of the two of us, you are the one insisting on blaming me for your own words. I keep throwing humor into our boring conversation.

Of the two of us, I apologized for my actions at one point. I certainly don't blame you for my posts - I fully accept responsibility for them as immature.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#505533 Mar 18, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/south-africa-cardinal-s... He may not consider it a 'crime' for someone to have that state of mind,but it's definitely a 'crime' when they act upon their thoughts and feelings. And when they DO act upon their thoughts and feelings,the police don't say 'We need to arrest you so that you can be treated'. No,THEY TAKE YOU TO JAIL. So is it 'criminal' for someone to KNOW they have 'pedophile thoughts and feelings that need to be treated......and not do so'??

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#505534 Mar 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> You are not going to manipulate me into griveling at your feet.
You might be able to baffle everyone else with BS but I ain't fall'n fer it.
No groveling necessary. Do whatever you like.

Fennario

#505535 Mar 18, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Why did you claim to give ten percent of your income for years knowing it was being stolen by church leaders? Either you lied, which makes sense since your answer to my statement saying the money is supposed to go to operating costs and charity was "of course it doesnt its a church" and you want to dishonestly paint all churches as corrupt or you are that stupid to knowingly keep giving to someone stealing. which is it?
What? Who said I did that besides you?

Mush brain.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#505536 Mar 18, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Naturally.
<slight shift in posture, brings left leg forward, holds katana vertically, at base with both hands, stares at Hiding challengingly and does not move>
<the two statuesque girls stare at each other>
Illuminatrix wrote:
<backing out very slowly...turning around....running as fast as I can, back to the drawer>
<Hiding tosses her fake katana to the ground, where it makes a tinny sound>

Yes! Yes, yes, yes!!!

G_O_D, time for coffee!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#505537 Mar 18, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> What is "tide with the beach"?
You got a new game now?
Oh, no! My mind control powers...they are slipping!

Za goggles, ze do nothing!

Fennario

#505538 Mar 18, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You are lying again.
Prove it, Christian filth.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#505539 Mar 18, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/kim-kardashian-pregnanc... This girl just made one of the biggest mistakes of her life messin' with 'Mr.Thug Life'. Her daddy,Robert Kardashian,one of O.J. Simpson's best friends,must be tossin' and turnin' in his grave.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Karma is a_______ 838,061
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min bad bob 176,891
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min Toby 99,809
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min Regina 589,924
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min onemale 271,319
Poll Have You Ever Taken Part In Public Nudity? (Dec '07) 52 min Dougie6969 829
did mae hensley die? 1 hr sadden 1
More from around the web