Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#504991 Mar 17, 2013
New topic.

Can I get some thoughts on picketing abortion clinics please?

Is it Biblical?

What would or did Jesus say?

Cheers :-)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#504992 Mar 17, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I spent the last couple of days looking at the people who influenced Hitler and in turn reading about the people who influenced those people.

The Germans, prior to Hitler, hated the Jews with a passion much worse then I had previously thought. Eventually, over some time had past... in that German paranoia of the Jews, that hatred eventually leaked over into Chrisitianity and Christianity was blamed as an invention and propagandist arm of the Jews.(Mine: God bless the Jewish people and Jerusalem)

Hitler: "The reason why the ancient world was so pure, light and serene was that it knew nothing of the two great scourges: the pox and Christianity."
How Christian of him to say such.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#504993 Mar 17, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> A gifted orator was the ONLY good thing one could say about him bro.
Good Morning Bro.. That... but as evil as he was concerning the Jews, his eugenics program, his lies and other things... I hate to have to admit this but he was also pretty intelligent concerning some things:

http://hitler.org/artifacts/volkswagen/

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#504994 Mar 17, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no wigs either... Not that I've seen anyway...
***Australia
Margaret Battye, 1930s Australian court dress

In Australia court dress varies according to the jurisdiction.

In the High Court of Australia, justices wear plain black robes with zippered fronts over normal attire. While they do wear wigs, they do not wear collars, bands or jabots. The robes are similar in appearance to those worn by Justices of the Supreme Court of the United States, although they are more elaborately tailored. These robes have been worn since 1988, when the High Court abandoned the previous court dress of black silk robes, bar jackets, jabots or bands and full-bottomed wigs and lace cuffs on formal occasions and bench wigs for ordinary business

In the Federal Court of Australia, judges no longer wear traditional court dress, but wear black wool robes with a black trim for ‘first instance’ work, and black wool robes with a red trim for appeal cases. These robes were adopted in 1997 and were designed by Bill Haycock. The robes have seven horizontal tucks or "ombres" on one side, representing the six Australian States and the Territories. They also serve to symbolise Australia’s federal constitution and the federal jurisdiction of the Court. The robes also include a vertical band of black silk made up or of seven equal parts, also symbolizing Australia’s federal system and equality before the law.

Judges and judicial registrars of the Family Court of Australia wear a black silk gown, a bar jacket with either bands or a jabot and a bench wig. On formal occasions, judges wear full-bottomed wigs.

edited On formal occasions, judges wear red scarlet robe with white fur facings, bands or a jabot, a black scarf and girdle and a scarlet casting-hood, with a full-bottomed wig. Unlike judges in the United Kingdom, judges in Australia never wear breeches, hose and buckled shoes. When sitting in criminal proceedings, judges wear scarlet robes with grey silk facings, bands or a jabot and a bench wig. When sitting in appeal or in civil proceedings, judges and masters wear a black silk gown, a bar jacket with either bands or a jabot and a bench wig. In some jurisdictions, the wearing of wigs has been abandoned for other than formal occasions. Wigs were abolished in Western Australia for both judges and lawyers in all courts in 2010.

Judges of the Land and Environment Court of New South Wales and judges sitting in the Workers' Compensation Court of NSW and the Dust Diseases Tribunal of New South Wales wear the same court dress as a judge of the Supreme Court sitting civilly.

Judges of the District or County Courts of the States of Australia wear court dress similar to that worn by judges of the County Court of England and Wales.

Judges in all Australian courts will not usually wear court dress for procedural or chambers proceedings.

Stipendiary Magistrates and justices of the peace do not robe, other than in NSW where they have worn a black robe over normal business attire since 2005.

Barristers in all Australian jurisdictions, when required to do so, wear court dress similar to that worn in the United Kingdom. Queen's Counsel or Senior Counsel wear a black silk gown, a bar jacket, bands or a jabot and a horsehair wig with curls at the side and ties down the back. On formal occasions, they wear full-bottomed wigs. In addition Victorian Senior Counsel wear a black rosette hanging from the back of their gown. Junior Counsel wear an open-fronted black stuff gown with open sleeves and a gathered yoke, and otherwise wear the same outfit as Senior Counsel (other than full-bottomed wigs). Counsel usually wear dark trousers or striped trousers, or a dark skirt for female barristers. Barristers will not usually robe for procedural hearings (which are called 'directions hearings' in South Australia).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Court_dress ***

#504995 Mar 17, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
New topic.
Is it Biblical?
Personally I don't have the conviction to do such.

Is it biblical? I don't know if this scripture pertains to it or not... but Proverbs 31:8

I don't think harassing the women who goes there is a good thing to do as they are already in great distress about the situation (usually)... and afterwards there is obviously more distress when the unborn child has been taken away. Praise God for those who offer post abortion help:

http://hopeafterabortion.com/

I think this here is one of the better platforms to get a hold of some women to reconsider? JMO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#504996 Mar 17, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
New topic.
Is it Biblical?
I wouldn't picket an abortion clinic, and never have. There will be enough suffering emotionally down the track, without anyone adding to the suffering of that day. I do believe thought that each Baby has a Soul ~ and I don't think it should be spread around that a Baby is not a Baby until a certain time in the pregnancy. I do believe GOD has put in the Seal of life at the time of conception.... and do believe that sometimes there is something wrong with the seal, and things go awry. In my opinion, JESUS would be telling Mother's that the baby growing in their womb is a baby, alive with a Soul.

What do you think, Luci?

#504997 Mar 17, 2013
Have a good rest of the morning...

:)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#504998 Mar 17, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't picket an abortion clinic, and never have. There will be enough suffering emotionally down the track, without anyone adding to the suffering of that day. I do believe thought that each Baby has a Soul ~ and I don't think it should be spread around that a Baby is not a Baby until a certain time in the pregnancy. I do believe GOD has put in the Seal of life at the time of conception.... and do believe that sometimes there is something wrong with the seal, and things go awry. In my opinion, JESUS would be telling Mother's that the baby growing in their womb is a baby, alive with a Soul.

What do you think, Luci?
I think it's a horrendous display of judgement and that Jesus was very clear on us not judging one another. I also agree with you and Qu. That's just the short version of my thoughts. I am stunned that this has started to happen here.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#504999 Mar 17, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>I think it's a horrendous display of judgement and that Jesus was very clear on us not judging one another. I also agree with you and Qu. That's just the short version of my thoughts. I am stunned that this has started to happen here.
I also think it's cruel.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#505000 Mar 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I don't give a fly'n fulk what you think buzzie.
You'll be glad ta run ta the cristers when I'm done with ya ya azzhole. I dislike you more than aids...jist so ya know where ua stand with me dipshit!
The above perfectly displays what passes for your personality.

Some stable somewhere

#505001 Mar 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Oh trust me...I will tell all from now on...yer gonna wish ya never fulked with me sis. >>promise <<
Maube ya kin make it up in yer next life.
Only cowards issue threats like the above.

Some stable somewhere

#505002 Mar 17, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Because the latest research material is so brand new, it not on the internet as yet. You can find it all out in the 2013 book though. Its only $20. You're a professor, you can swing for that can't you?
But that is ok. The peer reviewed journal will be out in the fall. I'm sure I can get a copy from the AWARE institute for you :)
How many times have I written to you that I'm not, in fact, a prof?

Oh, I can get a copy of any journal article easily. Why doesn't he have papers between 13 years ago and now? He must have written some.

Some stable somewhere

#505003 Mar 17, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>:)<quoted text>I understand.<quoted text>I'm an anthro-hillbilly.
~snicker~<quoted text>
Thank you ...
I have a brunch tomorrow with a cousin, my favorite, and she doesn't like it when I'm late so I regret I must beg off. I look forward to many more discussions. Again, thank you!
Cool-cool. Enjoy brunch!

Some stable somewhere

#505004 Mar 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> That was done in the very beginning numbnutz, but you ignored it. It was about the whole experiment and all that was involved and the expected release dates of the papers and findings. You, of course went into immadiate attack upon the persons credibility and then some old stud releases to back up your erroneous accusations...just as you did with me...
>>>You<<< are now on the "firing line".
It was inevitable --given your arrogant behavior---so suck it up sister.
Please keep up. I posted links to his academic papers and then explained them to Trif and why they aren't the evidence Trif claims they are. Then Trif said "these are 13 years old, so they don't count!"

I've been asking for more recent stuff, but it's not forthcoming.

I'm not surprised you are having difficulties understanding here. It's not like you could at any previous time in any of our discussions.

Some stable somewhere

#505005 Mar 17, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You feel better when you write that...lol.
Well your soul is not religion, and its not imagined, its scientific research. And when that soul meet an Almighty God intent on retribution for all that reject His Son the Christ, your imagination going to meet reality, real fast writer.
See, this is why no one takes your argument seriously. Your making all kinds of claims and not backing them up one bit.

Let's pretend Dr. Parnia's work demonstrates a soul - which is does not - why on earth would you suddenly jump to the conclusion "well that proves my religion, out of all the religions on the planet, is true!"

Again, like all believers, you "know" your deity is real - just like they know theirs are. The reality is, Tri, your deity is an imagined thing, made real only through social practices.

Some stable somewhere

#505006 Mar 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Where is your proof that the Parnia experiment is a fraud Hiding? Where is it?
I repeat---Where is your evidence to humiliate this poster in the way you have attempted to do?
Show it or be considered a fraud in your own right.
1. science doesn't work in "proof." Why would you think it does?

2. no scientific experiment, none whatsoever, has ever demonstrated a soul. In fact, all neuroscience ever carried out shows that when your brain is compromised, your mind is equally compromised. Mind is body.

3. Therefore, if someone claims they have "proof" of anything, we can be sure they aren't using scientific language.

4. Further, if they claim something outlandish, like that their research demonstrates a soul, they better produce very, very good evidence to back up that claim. Thus far, we haven't seen it forthcoming.

5. Given your inability to understand science, your constant and inarticulate defamation of my character, it's pretty obvious your libelous claims about me are worthless, not to be taken seriously. They just repeat, over and over, what kind of person you are and what kind of issues you have.

Some stable somewhere

#505007 Mar 17, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>ADE and NDE have something to do with death. There is no way those can occur when the brain is dead. That is a scientific conclusion in the book.
So NDE and ADE are consciousness outside of the body. Subjects may not have seen the objects set up with AWARE, but a couple of patients were in a part of the room where they could not see the objects, but reported people and events that was impossible for them to know lying down on a bed in a state of brain dead cardiac arrrest.
Such experiences most certainly do not happen "when the brain is dead." They happen as the brain is being starved of blood flow and when its EEG reads flat. That's because the neurons are shutting down.

As you don't seem to be aware, EEGs are not delicate, super sensitive Star Trek like measuring devices that can read single neurons. They read overall activities for large areas of the brain. It's not surprising that they show very little when the blood flow stops. Only a poor scientist would subsequently claim than an NDE takes place during brain death. Most certainly, Dr. Parnia made no such claim and you are inaccurately paraphrasing him.

If the brain was dead, the person would be dead. Possibly their body would be left on life support.

Some stable somewhere

#505008 Mar 17, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> It's still a study...not so much different than the higgs study.
Have you got any papers on the higgs boson yet? Why don't Hiding "blast" That study?
That one fits the paradigm ---that's why.
Is that comparative or objective evaluation?
Oh...I thought not.
Parnia's "study" is very, very different than the Higgs-boson study. I'm stunned at your inabilities here - well, not really, to be honest. A gross lack of understanding on your part is entirely expected.

Parnia's work is descriptive. It was drawn from no theoretical framework - this couldn't be more different than hypotheses testing from theoretical physics.

But of course. You fail to understand what science is, so how can you comprehend the immense differences between theory drive hypothesis testing and medical observations about people's experiences?

Some stable somewhere

#505009 Mar 17, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
This comment is insulting and generalising, Science is a beautiful marvellous wonderful study. To assume that because one has found faith they cannot comprehend Science is very inaccurate and highly offensive. How do you know I'm not a Scientist? Or my sister, 2 of my brothers, 4 of my inlaws and many of my friends? Or Tri? Or Serah? Or any others that might post here? How many posters here, making ridiculous assumptions, assertions et al, actually have a clue as to what they're talking about? It's a two way street pussy cat and not everyone feels the need to brag about credentials.
I know quite a few scientists who are Christian.

We can tell immediately that few posters here are scientists, let alone scientifically literate. Scientists use language in specific ways, and they understand the technical definitions of words like "theory," "hypothesis," etc and should know how critical, reflexive (not reflective) analysis is.

It's the same way you can tell if someone is a mechanic or not. They know the details of their job in ways that laymen simply don't.

Some stable somewhere

#505010 Mar 17, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Sure :}
Parnia, his own words:

"One of the big problems that we have," Parnia says, "is that because we've never had a science, we've never had an objective method to go beyond the threshold of death and study what happens both biologically and from a mental and cognitive perspective. Therefore everything that we deal with is basically hearsay and people's own beliefs."

So, my criticism of his 13 year old paper and his current research is the same - he's not working via theory, he's just making observations of people's experiences.

Further: "He specializes in people who survive cardiac arrest. Eighty to 90 percent of these patients do not have stories of bright lights, tunnels, out-of-body experiences and luminous beings. Parnia says this could be related to the degree of damage and inflation that is occurring in the brain and how this affects memory. Ultimately, Parnia's concern is the quality of care patients are receiving."

So...he's talking about medical treatment, not souls. The soul part is simply his opinion, not part of the science.

http://www.npr.org/2013/02/21/172495667/resus...

(thanks, Scar, for providing the link - I can't seem to get any info out of Tri here, just "read the book, read the book")

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 38 min coco 57
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Brandy trujillo 980,109
Ring Payments 1 hr annaleighanne 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr -KENTUCKY- 100,153
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr guest 670,272
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 hr Peter Ross 445,651
Any hot teen girl wanna email me (Mar '12) 9 hr idk 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr NIST 286,454
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,287
More from around the web