Comments
485,241 - 485,260 of 600,014 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#504814 Mar 16, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The book is not scientific research that demonstrates humans have a soul.
Post a link to his updated journal articles, please. I posted links to his journal articles, why can't you?
Because the latest research material is so brand new, it not on the internet as yet. You can find it all out in the 2013 book though. Its only $20. You're a professor, you can swing for that can't you?

But that is ok. The peer reviewed journal will be out in the fall. I'm sure I can get a copy from the AWARE institute for you :)

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#504815 Mar 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Lol...there is that dementia again! It was you showing the interest so you are congratulating me for that?
Is that what it is?

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#504816 Mar 16, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks - good post.
If the discussion is about whether a deity exists, and both participants are equally versed in science and philosophy, then the belief or disbelief becomes expressed as an inference. At this point, it's impossible to objectively conclude one way or the other. I infer there aren't deities, because of the math and you infer there are (or "is" if it's just one).
So I agree with your above statement :)
:)
In the social sciences we call things like the glass ceiling "structural inequalities" - built in discrimination that prevent people from achieving their full potential by limited their access to health, economic and food resources. Where they harm a person's ability to live, they're called "structural violence."
I understand.
I'm an evolutionary anthropologist,
I'm an anthro-hillbilly.
~snicker~
so I see these social hierarchies as the outcome of evolution. All primates have them. But we humans are more intelligent so we can work hard to overcome them - but to do so, we must challenge our tacitly learned beliefs and ask questions like "why are there homeless? Where does money flow and what privilege does it procure?" etc.
Thank you ...
I have a brunch tomorrow with a cousin, my favorite, and she doesn't like it when I'm late so I regret I must beg off. I look forward to many more discussions. Again, thank you!

Earth

#504818 Mar 16, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Good evening J-lu, how are things today?
Great! I have sand in my mouth though, excuse me...

Earth

#504819 Mar 16, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I have posted them on many occasions ~ try Google, it works well :)
She knows... Lol.

Earth

#504820 Mar 16, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but there is no glass around the accused (yet) at least that I know of, the judge is in the middle and the lawyers are closer to the judge than others. They wear their wigs and gowns, but only in the higher courts, and ponce around like idiots, in my very humble opinion. They do have some trials by video, if for some reason the accused cannot be in the courtroom :)
Huh?

Earth

#504822 Mar 16, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Man(kind) is yet to be kind, IMHO
Agreed 100%

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#504823 Mar 16, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's actually just Black Thunder who's all upset at me. I guess you can, using childish logic, claim that all atheists on here agree with him, but I disagree.
BT's a lot more like you, actually. You mistakenly believe that science has proven that "souls" exist and he mistakenly believes that mythology proves a nuclear war happened 10 000 years ago.
Neither of you are capable of critical thinking and if either of you hear contradictory evidence, you go ballistic. Your cherished beliefs hold a sacred position that is immune to analysis. So you cherry pick your evidence and not just ignore other evidence, but outright attack it.
You're displaying classic dogmatic rationalizations. Well done!
I'm as calm as a kitten :)
What contradictory evidence? You have no credibility as a scientific mind, so your analysis do not count.

Where is the contradictory evidence against Dr Parnia, the nobel prize winning scientists that agree with him, the hundreds of scientists that agree with him on the 2013 updated research into souls?

Where is it?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#504824 Mar 16, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You're worried, and you should be worried. If you were not, there would be no point at all for you to be arguing with Christians everyday and repeat over and over and over again mostly to your other village drunks that there is almost zero chance a deity exist.
Yet here you're..everyday.~~~GRIN~~~. And you really expect anyone to actually believe you're not frightened to death? lol. You just do not want to live your sinful lifestyle, and be scared what happens when you die. But the existence of Christianity, and the constant growth of Christianity, won't allow you to live that sin filled life in comfort, frightened of the Christian God.
So you come here everyday, looking for soothing for you soul, but only becoming more worried and scared each time you come, even to the point of denying current research, you have not even read.
hahaha...all you want to. The only person you fooling here, is yourself.
I'm actually just procrastinating. Not afraid of death, not even slightly. Pain is more frightening.

Sin is just a cultural construct, like your imagined deity.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#504825 Mar 16, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
The book is not scientific research that demonstrates humans have a soul.
Post a link to his updated journal articles, please. I posted links to his journal articles, why can't you?
That was done in the very beginning numbnutz, but you ignored it. It was about the whole experiment and all that was involved and the expected release dates of the papers and findings. You, of course went into immadiate attack upon the persons credibility and then some old stud releases to back up your erroneous accusations...just as you did with me...

>>>You<<< are now on the "firing line".

It was inevitable --given your arrogant behavior---so suck it up sister.

Earth

#504826 Mar 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>That's strange because that's where all her info comes from.
LMAO! Wishing I could spell the sound I just made, again ;)

Earth

#504827 Mar 16, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>And GOD grieved......

Lord Almighty, there have been some atrocious things done in history, and sad to say, there will be atrocious things done today, and also tomorrow!

May GOD have mercy on all of us :(
Amen <3

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#504828 Mar 16, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
for you maybe exist only one week or 2 more years?
and now you don't wolk upright and accordingly to your descendants
True. I will probably be bed ridden as I die from my liver disease. I may be graced with another decade of life but the curtain could fall any day. I am not afraid.

True, I may out live my daughter. Please leave her out of this.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#504829 Mar 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is this scientist you never name ?
I have named him many times, your comprehension skills are just slow:

http://www.amazon.com/Erasing-Death-Rewriting...

Don't hurt yourself reading all the big words.

Earth

#504830 Mar 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You are lying again. This time to avoid explaining your last obvious lie. tsk tsk guess thats what atheism has done for you
Aren't you supposed to be begging for forgiveness?
LMAO!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#504831 Mar 16, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Great! I have sand in my mouth though, excuse me...
I don't mind 'raspy' kisses. LOL

Earth

#504832 Mar 16, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>True thing writer!
I'll second that :-)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#504833 Mar 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. it's easy to identify the real Christians, their posts reflect the teachings of Jesus ..
.. we have the ability to create. You might say, "God lets humans create." We can use that force for good or evil. It matters naught to me what your belief system is but what you create ..
God is that you? Oh its just HL...i figured with your ability to know who is a real Christian you might have been God. Do you mean real Christians with their useless dogma and the ones who dont use logic and cant incorporate science? more manipulation looking for support. why not stick with your insults?

Earth

#504834 Mar 16, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>So I asked you to find where I have copied another work and made it my own. And your answer to that is because I wrote in perfect english, that means the writing could not be mine?

???
ROFLMBO. What a maroon.

When did I claim to know everything? You're simply rambling nonsense.

So again, please provide the writing where I assumed another work as mine.

Or will you admit that its pretty established now from your claims about the Apostle Paul, Christianity, and your abuse of others, that your life is one of an Abusive Serial Liar?
LMAO @ U 2

Earth

#504835 Mar 16, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>What if I told you that every decision you will ever make is predictable some time prior to making the decision? Would that negate free will for you?

Does AI software have free will?

Do you know what the butterfly effect is?(not the shitty movie)

Thinking about this subject has changed the way I view responsibility, and has become one of the most important aspects of my world view. As an added benefit, it also made it impossible for me to hate anyone.

I think "trained will" better describes our decision making process than "free will". The person that holds most of the responsibility for every decision made will usually be the person making the decision. We're mostly autonomous decision making machines, but I don't see that we have much, if any spontaneous freedom. We're bound by factors out of our current control, too numerous to ever weigh consciously in our minds.
That movie was AWESOME!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Word + 2 10 min Dreamweaver 539
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min truth 539,192
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 18 min Aquarius-WY 2,458
I'm SO GLAD the St. Louis Rams cut Michelle Sam... 23 min Doctor REALITY 4
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 28 min WasteWater 4,345
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 33 min Eagle 12 226,390
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Catcher1 733,219
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr WasteWater 258,078
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••