Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#504215 Mar 16, 2013
The Farm Assist
Intro - A continuation from "The Pharmacist"...

Scenes from last time:

"After legalization of the drug came about, The Pharmacist poured himself a drink and lit a cuban cigar in celebration with his comrades and their future prospects, "Heh", he thought. His comrades were a mixture of constituents, fellow pharmacists and the lobbying groups. So he said alound, "We @*#! did it! We got rid of drug apartheid!!!" So they all clamoured and joined in the revelry.

...As he left the celebration he remembered to tell his own children how harmful the drug was and not to ingest any of it...."

==========

One of The Pharmacist's son's was at that meeting

(...and this is how he remembers it...)

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#504216 Mar 16, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
PS - then in the aftermath of that global fiasco, all the lib hand-wringering euros come to the USA and begin to spread the same worthless, destructive & devil-approved theology here!!!
Hidingfromyou wrote:
.... devil-approved theology???
huh?
You think he's talking about the Fiat 500?

http://www.fiatusa.com/en/

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#504217 Mar 16, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi NoStress,
You always were capable of reading me very well. How have you been? I just got back from taking my daughters pit bull to the Vet that I work for. He was neuterd yesterday and wasn't feeling very good, he was lethargic and vomiting so he died on the way to the Vets Office. I took the day off so I can get caught up on my school work but stayed at work until the necropsy was over so we could know what killed him. The poor boy had an Aortic Aneurysm caused from Spirocerca lupi. It was so sad!! Sammy was my 10 year old grandsons dog and he had to be told when he got home from school. Now I have to go get caught up on my school work. God Bless You NS,
Hi Friend....What is Spirocerca lupi?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#504218 Mar 16, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Mac....Good to see you
Yea I'd say you do.....I'd think in 63 you were a young man in Ireland
:-)
Laffin.

Yes. In addition to being a bit young, I was on the wrong continent.

And I am not now, nor have I ever been, a member of any armed service, intelligence organization, or covert operations group. Nor have I ever been to South-east Asia.

And I can prove that.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#504219 Mar 16, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a source for that - that seems outrageously immoral.
One would expect that you would be informed on such practices, given your "credentials" and heritage.

mike

AOL

#504220 Mar 16, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Let it rest now please Le Le.
I do not like adoration as such, but if it helps... that all that matters.
Take Care Sister Friend.
Tomorrow is a brand new day, and there won'r be another one like it!
God Bless...
and if it also helps...
Psalm 91
This is what professing christians come here for,..a chance to say a nice thing, a poor attempt at comfort.

If a GOD were real and a person prayed before coming onto the internet and a GOD supplied comfort, why seek additional comfort, isn't a GOD the ultimate comfort?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#504221 Mar 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
who the heck needs here idiots like you?
<quoted text>
.. good job !!..
Hi, Les.
uncommon

Howell, MI

#504222 Mar 16, 2013
did you brutally murder anyone or rape anyone?? no??? then he better love you or else he's an a hole..

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#504223 Mar 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>As much as id prefer not to I will say I have some points to make on Catcher's behalf. even the guilty often deserve a good defense if only to ensure a proportionate sentence as the prosecutors in this country play dirty. As long as he doesnt suborn perjury by allowing a client to lie on the stand he is in his ethical rights. I do hope though he isnt the type of lawyer who would try to get someone he knew was guilty of murder or rape or something an aquital. There should be a moral line imo
A defense attorney should do his utmost on behalf of his/her client, just as the prosecutor does his utmost to obtain a conviction. Guilt or innocence is determined by the jury. Both attorneys however are officers of the court, and are bound by ethical constraints. A defense attorney may not suborn perjury, for example, and the prosecutor must turn over to the defense any exculpatory evidence.

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#504224 Mar 16, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You don't bow in the U.S.? Then I apologise; I have seen many movies where the judges and lawyers bow, and they do it here, and in England, so assumed (that word again) they did it in the courtooms there.
I don't bow to anyone either.
However, if you are knowingly defending the guilty, and telling lies on their behalf, you are lying. And you admitted that you do that many many times....
Have you ever turned down a client because they didn't have any money? Do you give the poor man the same chance at representation as the rich man? Do you spend more time putting together the rich man's defense because he can pay for your hours, where as the poor man can't? Do you care for the innocent party you are causing stress for when you play your part for your guilty client?
I have seen first hand lawyers at work.... and I have seen judges at work, and it is a creepy network of dishonesty, to say the least.
John 7:24 24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
It is a weird thread indeed, isn't it!! All of a sudden, we have someone in here reckoning we are getting white sheeted on his behalf. Amazing stuff, indeed LOL
That's a lot of questions.

I have never lied in court. I do my very best on behalf of every client. I do much pro bono work, and often reduce my fee for clients who have financial hardship. Everybody is under stress in criminal proceedings (Topix is a stress reducer for me!). Movies often misrepresent the reality.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#504225 Mar 16, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Id suggest a pogostick. It will keep your boots clean and you can hop over the posts you dont want to waste your time on! Good to see LW
lol pogostick.Thanks for advise,Good to see you too.

Catcher1

Hermosa Beach, CA

#504226 Mar 16, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>She did profile him, based on a few comments made.
As far as the morals and ethics issue of a Defense Lawyer:
"When considering the difference between ethics and morals, it may be helpful to consider a criminal defense lawyer. Though the lawyer’s personal moral code likely finds murder immoral and reprehensible, ethics demand the accused client be defended as vigorously as possible, even when the lawyer knows the party is guilty and that a freed defendant would potentially lead to more crime. Legal ethics must override personal morals for the greater good of upholding a justice system in which the accused are given a fair trial and the prosecution must prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
The prosecution and court must also deal with the difference between ethics and morals. In some cases past actions of the accused might resonate with the current charge, but are kept out of evidence so as not to prejudice the jury. In a sense, the prosecutor “lies by omission” in representing the case, never revealing the prejudicial evidence. The same prosecutor, however, would likely find it reprehensible to fail to tell a friend if her date had a potentially dangerous or suspect history."
http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-the-differenc... #
Our justice system is designed to work the way it does for a reason.
Exactly.

#504227 Mar 16, 2013
The Farm Assist
Part 1

Carlos remembers he was upstairs when dad rush in the house to give everyone the "supposed" good news... the new drug which his father had ferociously been working to legalize had been approved. Dad called everyone downstairs for a family gathering to celebrate but it ended up being more like a meeting.

As any normal 16 year old, he was somewhat in rebellion.... he had left hangin' with the youth group at church ever since his dad had become obsessed with this drug. He had found some new friends who happened to be wiccans so he thought that he would give that a try. So he reluctantly went downstairs because Dad bought some pizza.

Carlos plopped himself down on the chair next to his two older brothers and twin sister as his father told him how dangerous the drug was. Carlos kind of hated him for being such a hypocrite. "How can he tell us that the drug is dangerous and yet he is starting his own firm to supply this dangerous stuff to others?" He thought and remember how his dad used to be against these things.... but now dad has a crazed look in his eyes... not as serene as before. Carlos also hated himself for hating his dad because he used to look up to him but now...

Dad didn't care so neither did he. So they fought intermittently over the drug issue for the next two years and he had enough even though they were now rich. The only thing that he loved most was the horse that his late Mom had given him. She had died two years earlier from a heart attack due to stress. All of this piled on the hatred for his dad.

He's 18 now and he's had enough...

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#504228 Mar 16, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi my friend..
It's honestly- only when you take my words and apply your
meaning to them do I take offense.
I have asked you to prove the things you have written about my
posts- and you come back with this above post to me.
Wouldn't you be offended if your words were being
grossly misrepresented?
Yes....And I admire your "passion" for things you feel strongly about. I just get upset when you lash out at everyone else around you....We've been through worse....:-)
Hey...I am moving out to a farming community so I will have richer soil to grow flowers and vegetables.....Yea.....:-)

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#504229 Mar 16, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote: set an example for the children in your life, white sheet Dr. Shrink and all the bullies ..
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Teddy and HFY too?
.. that's up to each individual. My ignore bucket houses two names ..

.. having argued with AIN & HFY, I know how frustrating it can be but I always walk away with new knowledge or insight. If I learn something, I win ..

.. when debating someone like NoStress, I get to see what her religion has done for her and how it's made her a better person. But, again, it's exasperating because I have to look at my own character defects ..

.. your recent posts reflect a great deal of anger. I'm waiting patiently for it to subside so the real Luci (In The Sky, With Diamonds) will once again surface ..

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#504230 Mar 16, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You Knowledge,
I am sorry about your mastiff also. Those dogs are absolutly gorgeous. My boss sent me a link that best describes what happened to the dog. Sammy was only a year old so I dont think age has a lot to do with this disease. It is caused by parasites that go undetected and the dog shows no clinical signs of harboring these parasites. Adult Spirocerca lupi are bright red worms, 40 mm (male) to 70 mm (female) long, generally located within nodules in the esophageal, gastric, or aortic walls. Infections are seen in southern areas of the USA as well as in most tropical regions worldwide. Dogs are infected by eating an intermediate host (usually dung beetle) or a transport host (eg, chickens, reptiles, or rodents).
Clinical Findings:
Most dogs with S lupi infection show no clinical signs. When the esophageal lesion is very large (usually when it has become neoplastic), the dog has difficulty swallowing and may vomit repeatedly after trying to eat. Such dogs salivate profusely and eventually become emaciated. In addition, dogs may develop spondylitis or enlargement of the extremities characteristic of hypertrophic osteopathy. These clinical signs are suggestive of spirocercosis with associated neoplasia in regions where the parasite is prevalent. Occasionally, a dog dies suddenly as the result of massive hemorrhage into the thorax after rupture of the aorta damaged by the developing worms.
Its sad but my grandson is a very brave little boy and although he is very sad, he knows that there was nothing that could be done to save his best friend. His birthday is in May and if her mom allows it, I will get him a another dog for his 11th birthday. Thanks for caring Knowledge. Dogs become a part of the family and it hurts to lose them. I am so sorry for your loss also. God Bless you my friend.
In laymans terms are they "Heart Worms"?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#504231 Mar 16, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, Les.
.. hi ya Mac !!..

.. did Nymph tell you about our rendezvous ??..

#504232 Mar 16, 2013
The Farm Assist (The Righteous Prodigal)
Part 2

(He's 18 now and he's had enough...)

"Dad can keep his money..." he muttered under his breath. He decided that he would go away and "find himself". He did everything that he could do to convince dad that what he was doing was getting rich off of the suffering of others... but dad got so angry the last time that he violently pushed Carlos into the wall... silently pointing his finger at him. His dad realized what he had done, let go and went to pour himself a drink.

Carlos took that opportunity to pack a few things. He would go away, he and his horse. But first, he must rest as the plan called to leave out incognito, early in the morning.

Carlos kept his clothes on as he layed down in the bed. Just a little rest from the heartbreak.

He missed his Mom.... a tear rolled down his cheek as he closed his eyes.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#504233 Mar 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
What seems to be the major disconnect between most of us our focus on the issues.
You have a sociological interest, I have a historical interest, Hiding has a biological interest and we often misunderstand each other. How do we honestly expect those who have an emotional/spiritual interest to understand us... or us them ?
As an anthroplogist I am 'supposed to be' trained to remain an aloof observer yet find that all but impossible here. How much do I expect the 'untrained' to be unbiased when I can;t even do that ?
I am not condemning anyone I just think many of the arguements here a result of a clash of paradigms.
Perhaps it is because we are so alike that we tend to harp on the differences. When I read MAc's post about New Guinea cannibalism I was reminded of when I researched the Fore' tribes I found it sad that a horrible disease was transmitted by what was a very loving and respectful funeral ritual.
They were so different I could stand back and appreciate, understand and empathize with them as humans much more than if they wore suits and dresses and ate their loved one's remains at a Victrian dining table...'that' would have been perceived by me as repulsive.
Sorry to ramble.
:-)

I like "The Clash of the Paradigms"

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#504234 Mar 16, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You never bow to the judge, even if he bows at you? And you are a criminal lawyer? I don't believe you.
I've been watching Netflix TV shows from England (Accused) and watched the British Legal system. The accused must climb up in to a raised box surrounded by glass and the "Judge" is straight ahead and the lawyers are facing each other in the middle. They still wear "powdered wigs"...Does Australia copy the British courts?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 53 min OffTheClock 79,264
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Dang Jersey Piney 448,336
Any gay / bi guys wanna sext (Apr '12) 5 hr Ccrea 29
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 hr Just Think 701,335
Targeted Individuals, those illegally surveille... (Apr '17) 8 hr Endofdays 7
Sexual Desires: My wife pooping in my mouth (Aug '13) 10 hr ANGRYPOOPDAD 55
Doctor REALITY obsessed with OJ Simpson 11 hr Doctor REALITY 66
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 hr doG mnaDed lyoH r... 995,722