Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#504148 Mar 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
She, like many, do notunderstand the basis of the justice system:
"It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer" Blackstone
So it is OK to defend the guilty and let the innocent suffer, because of 1 person out of 11? I agree it is shocking that 1 innocent person suffers, but you are saying it is OK to let 10 innocent people suffer because of 1 innocent person? That is 100 v 10 and I hate the judicial system. I cannot call it a justice system, because that indicates that there is fairness in the system, when it is based up rich v poor.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#504149 Mar 15, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahaa.... That's some extreme profiling there.
Got any idea about where Jimmy Hoffa might be?
Who was on the grassy knoll?
I dont think you understand what profiling is. And are you really so naive to think defense attorneys dont lie for their clients? Either they stay willfully ignorant by not asking their client what they probably know to be true or they know many times their client is guilty yet tell a jury they are innocent. so you are talking out of your arse. Serah is right.But the reality is when a man's freedom is on the line and prosecutors have way over-charged trying to force a plea bargain and mandatory sentencing gives them even more power and they lie and break the law sometimes the only defense is to play the game. It is the greater good imo but it is lying

#504150 Mar 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>As much as id prefer not to I will say I have some points to make on Catcher's behalf. even the guilty often deserve a good defense if only to ensure a proportionate sentence as the prosecutors in this country play dirty. As long as he doesnt suborn perjury by allowing a client to lie on the stand he is in his ethical rights. I do hope though he isnt the type of lawyer who would try to get someone he knew was guilty of murder or rape or something an aquital. There should be a moral line imo
A criminal defense lawyer defends the criminals and of course, the innocent that are being charged for an offence they didn't commit. Catcher1 said he knowingly defends the guilty.... but I am still amazed they do not bow to the judges in the courtrooms!! TV really does suck LOL

#504151 Mar 15, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Fast moving wow that the truth I had to borrow a pair of roller skates to keep up.lol lol
hahaha :)

#504152 Mar 15, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahaa.... That's some extreme profiling there.
Got any idea about where Jimmy Hoffa might be?
Who was on the grassy knoll?
I had to Google them to see what your questions meant LOL.

Nope, no idea but someone came forward in Jan 2013 (Mafia member I think it said) and said he is buried somewhere

And nope, I don't know who was on the grassy knoll :)

Location hidden

#504153 Mar 15, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>So it is OK to defend the guilty and let the innocent suffer, because of 1 person out of 11? I agree it is shocking that 1 innocent person suffers, but you are saying it is OK to let 10 innocent people suffer because of 1 innocent person? That is 100 v 10 and I hate the judicial system. I cannot call it a justice system, because that indicates that there is fairness in the system, when it is based up rich v poor.
Bullyeye. Economics drives every aspect of the 'justice' system. Even more so now with privatized prisons and supermax facilities that cost 3x the amount to house someone. Legalized long-term torture sold as 'justice' in the name of profit. and without money and from money good luck getting 'justice'. The system doesnt stop the scumbags from getting out out cause its too overfilled with all the people stuck in the system for a buck instead of focusing on real criminals. like a third of the us jails are convictions relating in someway to pot olr some absurd numbe

Location hidden

#504154 Mar 15, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>A criminal defense lawyer defends the criminals and of course, the innocent that are being charged for an offence they didn't commit. Catcher1 said he knowingly defends the guilty.... but I am still amazed they do not bow to the judges in the courtrooms!! TV really does suck LOL
LOL...Damn tv! It has led me astray more than once so I can relate:)

#504155 Mar 15, 2013
I have gathered that the lawyers and judges are really bowing to the Queen's something or other;

***The Royal Coat of Arms

The Royal Coat of Arms came into being in 1399 under King Henry IV. It is used by the reigning monarch.

The Royal Arms appear in every courtroom in England and Wales (with the exception of the magistrates’ court in the City of London), demonstrating that justice comes from the monarch, and a law court is part of the Royal Court (hence its name).

Judges and magistrates are therefore officially representatives of the Crown.

The presence of the Royal Arms explains why lawyers and court officials bow to the judge or magistrates’ bench when they enter the room. They aren't bowing to the judge - they are bowing to the coat of arms, to show respect for the Queen's justice.

http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/about-the-judicia... ***

We are a part of the Commonwealth, so probably that explains that. Apologies Catcher1, and it is good that you bow to no man/woman..... we should only bow to GOD :)

Location hidden

#504156 Mar 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Waddya gonna do 'bout it dingo?
eat your baby? I may be joining Serah in a minute but if tv has taught me anything its that dingos eat babies! LOL

#504157 Mar 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Bullyeye. Economics drives every aspect of the 'justice' system. Even more so now with privatized prisons and supermax facilities that cost 3x the amount to house someone. Legalized long-term torture sold as 'justice' in the name of profit. and without money and from money good luck getting 'justice'. The system doesnt stop the scumbags from getting out out cause its too overfilled with all the people stuck in the system for a buck instead of focusing on real criminals. like a third of the us jails are convictions relating in someway to pot olr some absurd numbe
We are meant to be rehabilitating the prisoners here ~ but the amazing thing is, they get all the help they need in prison, along with counseling and very modern and up to date facilities, and the victim is lucky to get enough to cover medial expenses. It must be hard to make things fair, the unfairness of it all is giving me another headache :)

#504158 Mar 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>LOL...Damn tv! It has led me astray more than once so I can relate:)
hahaha.... it makes more sense to me now, and it is funny that all these years I thought when they bowed to each other, they were bowing to each other, and it turns out they are bowing to the English justice system :) never to old to learn :)

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#504159 Mar 15, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>A criminal defense lawyer defends the criminals and of course, the innocent that are being charged for an offence they didn't commit. Catcher1 said he knowingly defends the guilty.... but I am still amazed they do not bow to the judges in the courtrooms!! TV really does suck LOL

Religion uses the "Jesus was on the grassy knoll" defense strategy.
So you should be familiar with knowingly defending the guilty.
Since religion is a pack your bags you're going on a guilt trip
permanent vacation to afterlife city.
Compliments of the invisible sky daddy, who is never around when you need one.

#504160 Mar 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text> eat your baby? I may be joining Serah in a minute but if tv has taught me anything its that dingos eat babies! LOL
WOW ~ that really was a contentious, true story, although there was much that was weird about the whole case; it appears some evidence was set up because they believed they had their culprit!! I think most of the story about Lindy Chamberlain was pretty accurate, but who knows really? There was evidence given by experts that the little jumpsuit had scissor marks around the top of it, that were meant to be teeth marks of the dingo, and yet the baby suit (very hard to put on and off the babies) was found neatly in one piece, apart from that. Meant to be blood in a camera case and the boot of the car, which they sold, but they also left Eyre's Rock, now known as Uluru, way too early in many people's eyes. There was a lot of belief they should have been their searching for their baby girl! They also said Azaria meant sacrifice in the desert!!

This more or less ripped Australia apart as there were those that said she was guilty, and those that said she was innocent.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#504161 Mar 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I dont think you understand what profiling is. And are you really so naive to think defense attorneys dont lie for their clients? Either they stay willfully ignorant by not asking their client what they probably know to be true or they know many times their client is guilty yet tell a jury they are innocent. so you are talking out of your arse. Serah is right.But the reality is when a man's freedom is on the line and prosecutors have way over-charged trying to force a plea bargain and mandatory sentencing gives them even more power and they lie and break the law sometimes the only defense is to play the game. It is the greater good imo but it is lying
She did profile him, based on a few comments made.

As far as the morals and ethics issue of a Defense Lawyer:

"When considering the difference between ethics and morals, it may be helpful to consider a criminal defense lawyer. Though the lawyer’s personal moral code likely finds murder immoral and reprehensible, ethics demand the accused client be defended as vigorously as possible, even when the lawyer knows the party is guilty and that a freed defendant would potentially lead to more crime. Legal ethics must override personal morals for the greater good of upholding a justice system in which the accused are given a fair trial and the prosecution must prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

The prosecution and court must also deal with the difference between ethics and morals. In some cases past actions of the accused might resonate with the current charge, but are kept out of evidence so as not to prejudice the jury. In a sense, the prosecutor “lies by omission” in representing the case, never revealing the prejudicial evidence. The same prosecutor, however, would likely find it reprehensible to fail to tell a friend if her date had a potentially dangerous or suspect history."
http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-the-differenc... #

Our justice system is designed to work the way it does for a reason.

#504162 Mar 15, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion uses the "Jesus was on the grassy knoll" defense strategy.
So you should be familiar with knowingly defending the guilty.
Since religion is a pack your bags you're going on a guilt trip
permanent vacation to afterlife city.
Compliments of the invisible sky daddy, who is never around when you need one.
Oh

Location hidden

#504163 Mar 15, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>We are meant to be rehabilitating the prisoners here ~ but the amazing thing is, they get all the help they need in prison, along with counseling and very modern and up to date facilities, and the victim is lucky to get enough to cover medial expenses. It must be hard to make things fair, the unfairness of it all is giving me another headache :)
Why would anybody care about the victims? There is no way to profit off them and ant restitution they get is just money that could be going to the state or the courts. sigh...obviously said with resigned sarcasm
Lost In Transition

United States

#504164 Mar 16, 2013
Adam wrote:
Or why do you think do ppl like Wilderide Happy Lesbo hidinfromyou come everyday here to this thread?
The donuts.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#504165 Mar 16, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to Google them to see what your questions meant LOL.
Nope, no idea but someone came forward in Jan 2013 (Mafia member I think it said) and said he is buried somewhere
And nope, I don't know who was on the grassy knoll :)
Yeah, just adding a bit of levity.

But, the reason a defense lawyer defends his client vigorously is that sure, there are times he may be defending the guilty, it's still his job to defend them.

It isn't his job to decide his guilt. That is for the court system to decide.

Also, you mentioned he will defend the innocent, charged for a crime they did not commit. That is why he makes no determination on his own that a client is guilty or innocent.

There are those times, when all the evidence might point to an innocent person being guilty. Just the same as a guilty person.

Doesn't matter, the defense lawyer is there to defend them both as if they are innocent and in need of a defense.

I'm sure you'd be more than happy to have a capable defense lawyer representing you in court if you were innocent, and charged wrongly, with overwhelming evidence against you.

It's not a perfect system, but it would be far worse without defense lawyers doing their job.

#504166 Mar 16, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, just adding a bit of levity.
But, the reason a defense lawyer defends his client vigorously is that sure, there are times he may be defending the guilty, it's still his job to defend them.
It isn't his job to decide his guilt. That is for the court system to decide.
Also, you mentioned he will defend the innocent, charged for a crime they did not commit. That is why he makes no determination on his own that a client is guilty or innocent.
There are those times, when all the evidence might point to an innocent person being guilty. Just the same as a guilty person.
Doesn't matter, the defense lawyer is there to defend them both as if they are innocent and in need of a defense.
I'm sure you'd be more than happy to have a capable defense lawyer representing you in court if you were innocent, and charged wrongly, with overwhelming evidence against you.
It's not a perfect system, but it would be far worse without defense lawyers doing their job.
Which is why I could never be a lawyer ~ I could not defend the guilty if I believed them to be guilt and question the innocent in a way that assumes them to be the guilty party. My daughter and two other children were beaten by a man and the man also abused the police when they went there. It was obvious he was drunk, angry and out of control.

Sadly, there is also a ruling that won't let the courts bring up the past of the party being defended until found guilty and used for sentencing only, so as not to influence the jury.

He hired a good lawyer, and I just had government council ~ when the lawyer representing us found out who the judge was, he said we've lost this case (the police saw the state of my daughter, were also abused and were witnesses for the state) and I asked what made him say that. He said the judge was a defence lawyers judge and the barrister was one that was very expensive indeed to hire. Even the police questioned why he would have paid for such expensive defense...

It all made sense after the fact ~ he had a criminal history as long as an arm and it also included assault. Yep, have my own reason, and also the Bible, telling me why judges and lawyers should be honest.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#504167 Mar 16, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>True. I should have said "I" find it boring.
:p

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 18 min River Tam 101,076
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 286,463
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr emperorjohn 445,666
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr bagittagit 980,307
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr guest 670,486
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr Sky Writer 31 184,303
Fraud DoctoRx 9 hr HiddnNumbrz 1
More from around the web