“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#503781 Mar 15, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>It is written in The Book of Revelation that there will be no Temples in the New Jerusalem, and it has been prophesied that there will be Peace on Earth... When we all learn to care for that which is within each of us, there will be no need for all of the control, we will be in charge, feed the poor and make sure everyone is cared for and looked after.
When we all learn that we are responsible for not only our actions, but also our inactivity ~ and we all know the majority really does rule. Problem is, it is the silent majority and the very noisy minority, so the minority appears to always win.
The ANGELS are in charge ~ things have been set in motion that will not be stopped; just as our own DNA is activating and ticking away, so is everything else. We are all in sync :)
Thank you for the above Serah <<Hugs>>

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#503782 Mar 15, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Bahahahaha!!! HA!
Does this mean your apology was not honest?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#503783 Mar 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That depends. What kind of goat? Billy or nanny?
Billy.

:)

and blach!

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#503784 Mar 15, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Not until you give me what I want.
Almost anything for you. <blushes>

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#503785 Mar 15, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
@ G... who woulda thunk it? Praise God.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =nmmcyOh-20MXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Miss Israel 2013
Only took 2500 years! <big smile>

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#503786 Mar 15, 2013
<quoted text>
That is not a closed mind. You cannot call a mind closed because it doesn't agree with yours.
A closed mind is one that won't consider evidence fairly - that won't allow itself to be convinced by compelling evidence and argument. You've offered no evidence for gods, and in particular, none for your god.
Of course she refuses to budge from her atheistic position. And I believe that Hiding has acknowledged the logical possibility that gods might exist somewhere, even if she rejects yours. So do I.
What do you think of a mind that accepts claims without sufficient evidence, the definition of religious faith? Is that an open mind to you? If so, you don't want that kind of open mind. That barely qualifies as a mind at all.
An open mind is willing to admit ideas into its consideration chamber and give them a fair and thoughtful evaluation. That means that it is discriminating, which is what a fair appraisal entails. A good mind, which is an open and intelligent one - accepts ideas supported by evidence commensurate with the quality and quantity of that evidence, and rejects baseless claims such as the claims for Jehovah-Jesus. There is absolutely no reason to accept that claim apart from the will to believe, and no good reason at all.
An open mind is not defined by why it concludes, but by how it reaches those conclusions - rationally - and how it treats its conclusions - provisionally.
You actually convinced me that the existence of deities cannot be proven. Prior to that, I thought that evidence enough could rule them out with 100% certainty.

But, I have to admit, it's not quite 100% certainty - it's just that, as the limit approaches 100%, when are we going to admit they just don't exist.

And certainly not as any human has ever envisioned them. Do you remember that phrase? Something like "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." So the only conclusion is that deities are ultra-intelligent, high technology wielding, near immortal beings. Or, they're magical and our science is totally wrong.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#503787 Mar 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us concede that Hitler wasn't a Christian. That still leaves a Nation of a few million Christians commiting attrocities in the name of Jesus and God.
Got Mit Uns (God is on our side) a popular Nazi Christian phrase.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gott_mit_uns
Concede==Your way to easy.lol lol
I win game over lol lol.Your done for.lol lol

Ann Arbor, MI

#503788 Mar 15, 2013
<quoted text>
This all looks so familiar. Isn't this the same thing that I just went through with Dim? Where do these people learn to be like this? Just kidding.
Christianity. Meh. We can do so much better than this. These people are taught to think like this from bibles that are basically workbooks in irrational, arbitrary, baseless judgment and condemnation - lists of whom to hate for no better reason than that it pleases some capricious and sadistic god.
They don't trash us. They trash their inferior values.
Can I ask if you see anything wrong with this comment?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#503789 Mar 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Very interesting. I wonder if I have time for that.
In addition to Spanish, this is the kind of thing I'm studying these days:
http://www.bridgehands.com/J/Jordan_2_Notrump...
Why not? What better way to keep the mind supple in retirement?
Did I ever tell you that my wife was an anthropology major?
You would of course be welcome. It was a simple matter to arrange.

:)

Actually, in a few of my classes, some students rationalized that evolution ruled out the Christian pantheon, while other students tried to rationalize it in. I seldom interfere in such discussions - at best, I remind them that in science we have to rely upon evidence based discussions - but I did imagine what you would write :)

No, you never told me about your wife's education background! Wow, nice - kindred spirits :)

Ann Arbor, MI

#503790 Mar 15, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
What a load of stinky manure. You are either an accomplished liar or completely without a plot. There is no other option.
O_O ??

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#503791 Mar 15, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this mean your apology was not honest?
Not at all. My laughter was due to the fact that I had already apologised. There are many ways to skin a cat.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#503792 Mar 15, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
there is still not open place at Junior High School
Hey, no problem. Like I promised your parents, I'll contact the school and see if we can arrange a spot for you.

Chin up! We'll get you there. You just worry about puberty.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#503793 Mar 15, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not saying someone can't have certain experiences without God. I am simply trying to show the gap between those experiences and God isn't that great imo. If someone can be in nature and tap into almost a consciousness of the universe or feel something on a deeper level than normal or can subscribe to certain 'natural laws' that don't have anything to do with science than that is the beginning imo of understanding and believing in a power greater than ourselves. Not to the extent of God but still.
There is no scientific proof of karma or fate but most people believe in some type of it whether they believe in God or not. The point of my reply wasn't to suggest you are missing out or anything along those lines but more was to try to set the stage in a way I felt someone like you might best relate to the idea of God.
When you strip away all the man-made trappings, God is as natural an idea as anything else that governs this universe. There are forces and laws at work that extend beyond man, of that I am certain. And like everything there is a food-chain so-to-speak. God would be at the top as far as a controlling force of the universe
Do I expect you to respond, "hmm, I see now. I do believe in God"? Of course not. You probably never will. But perhaps if you see the concept of God as not such a crazy thing it will help you relate to people who do believe when it comes to matters of faith. That is all I am going for
I understand your point.

But I would be intellectually dishonest to attribute anything to a supernatural being. I just don't believe in the supernatural, that's just the way I am. I think gods, astrology, ghosts, hexes, witches, all that stuff is created by the brain but doesn't exist independently.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#503794 Mar 15, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You want gay children to be orphans? That's not very nice.
First thereīs no such thing as gay children.

Secondly there are many parents who canīt have own children for some reasons let them adopt children coz every child deserve to have mom + pop like 100% of the ppl here on this thread.

Location hidden

#503795 Mar 15, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>

I cannot imagine a more pathetic intellect than yours. I cannot imagine a worse deity than yours - anyone who would worship your god should castrate themselves in powerless pathetic worthlessness.
Tri-infection, in simple English: you suck. And you betrayed your homies.
S'up G-money?

Sipping on gin and juice?

Just thought I would make the point that your basic understanding of even (as Mike would call it) the 'God-concept' is lacking even the fundamentals if you base your belief on who God must be on an individual believer. It lacks common sense as that would necessitate doing that in the case of every believer. So who God is would change hundreds of millions of times as you transpose the personality and morals of each individual on God. Its ironic, normally people try to chastise those of faith by claiming they have created God to be who they want him to be or to be like them. And here you are doing it from the outside.

BTW when the bible says God created man in His image it should also be taken into account it says in one verse for man not to cover his face because it was made in the image of God. So that helps clarify what it means when it says image. But even in the other interpretation if someone feels it means characteristically than man as a whole would be the image. I suppose it is easier to dent God if you just find someone who believes you don't like and claim God is just like them. I have a feeling you never do that the other way when it comes to a believer you really like.

Why is that? I have noticed that as a pattern. And I am not just saying with you as I believe engages in blanket stereotyping and bigotry but even people that don't normally. It seems to be human nature to want to make the 'norm' based on a bad example rather than a good one. People quit the faith because they didn't like some people in their church but why didn't the good one inspire them to stay? People don't believe in God in part because they make him to be a mirror-image of a believer they don't like.

Personally I think people normally have their minds made up about a group or God or whatever. And they stereotype based on the worst possible example just to reinforce the opinion in their head. Its the only thing that makes sense. For you to justify your hate of God and Christians you need to think of them all in the same negative terms. It is a rationalization and not grounded in truth but it probably makes it easier to sleep. Most people don't want to be bigoted. Normally the ones that are convince themselves they are for good reasons. I guess I am getting a deeper look into how that thought process works
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#503796 Mar 15, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR friend g_o_d is idiot worse from you,
I saw on my eyes bad experience with gays who made sex with male inmate,and after sex they beat them unmerciful, kick their a...under table during dinner to eat food like dogs, they urinate at them,or spew at them
I never had any association with those 2 groups, but among homosexuals exist also large number of criminal monsters and pigs worse from any human explanation
also am never against this sin
sin will Judge God wages for sin id death Rom 6;23
only I don't like if people discuss loud their own sexual deviations,or bed life-THERE IS EACH HUMAN PRIVATE INTIME BUSINESS
but morality doesn't exist among homosexuals and whole depraved by wicked morality mankind
none of them is better or worse?
also sir
you are smart boy,
just stop talking loud about your own sexual orientation-there is nobody business to know who are you?
use your wisdom,knowledge,philosophical thinking and deabte healthy subjects not subjects below human low morality and own intime life
Sodom and Gomorrah

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#503797 Mar 15, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't talking to you. Did not call you a 'pseudo scientist' and was not referring to you either. You're right, people do get very confused sometimes....
Yes, I see that. No, you weren't talking to me - you were responding to Dr. Shrink. He called me a pseudoscientist.

Rather than respond to him - no point - I thought I'd just respond to you, since you addressed his post.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#503798 Mar 15, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Damn, you are a fine writer, IANS. Thank you.
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you never meet more smart writters
Yeah, he's good. No doubt about it. Hey...you don't have to kiss his ass. Just chill man, chill.

Bye the book when it comes out - who knows, maybe he'll sign a copy for your parents.

Location hidden

#503800 Mar 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost anything for you. <blushes>
You sure do leave the door wide open on that one.lol
Almost takes the sport out of caughting the pry.lol

Location hidden

#503802 Mar 15, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. My laughter was due to the fact that I had already apologised. There are many ways to skin a cat.
Hey,I just found a raskel cat.Handsome one too name is god.
You want him for a pet.Watch how you stroke him cause he sure can purr loud.lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min kent 573,592
Moses never existed 13 min HipGnosis 1,239
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 52 min KiMare 97,850
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 58 min seenthisside 937
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 1 hr Browneyes123 246
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Aerobatty 808,886
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Good-Evil 2,004
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pegasus 268,792
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 15 hr Curious_Guy1 161
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 16 hr Coco 202
More from around the web