Why Should Jesus Love Me?
mike

AOL

#503684 Mar 15, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thought. Hey Epi :-)
How was that a good thought?

Salvation is a gift, if you don't receive it, that means your GOD didn't give it.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#503685 Mar 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's your prize:
http://fhntoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/1...
Hope you have a big garage. LOL
Thanks. LOL.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#503686 Mar 15, 2013

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#503687 Mar 15, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you inviting your wife too?
NO! did you invite the entire cabaret over for 'dinner' last night?;)

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#503688 Mar 15, 2013
Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg, The Other Guys:

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#503689 Mar 15, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The scientists do not call it the "God Particle". That was a media attention grabber that stuck.
All it does is explain 'Mass' as a function of a single particle.
It has nothing to do with anything theological. Quite boring, actually.
First nay sayer... next!

Fennario

#503690 Mar 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You are closed minded in that you refuse to acknowledge that without any evidence or proof (pick one), God simply doesn't exist. You've shut your mind out to any and all possibilities that He does. And that science simply doesn't have the technology to run any sort if tests to confirm or deny the existence of God, or any god for that matter. That is a closed mind, and I really hope you don't spout your baseless assertions of God to your students.
That is not a closed mind. You cannot call a mind closed because it doesn't agree with yours.

A closed mind is one that won't consider evidence fairly - that won't allow itself to be convinced by compelling evidence and argument. You've offered no evidence for gods, and in particular, none for your god.

Of course she refuses to budge from her atheistic position. And I believe that Hiding has acknowledged the logical possibility that gods might exist somewhere, even if she rejects yours. So do I.

What do you think of a mind that accepts claims without sufficient evidence, the definition of religious faith? Is that an open mind to you? If so, you don't want that kind of open mind. That barely qualifies as a mind at all.

An open mind is willing to admit ideas into its consideration chamber and give them a fair and thoughtful evaluation. That means that it is discriminating, which is what a fair appraisal entails. A good mind, which is an open and intelligent one - accepts ideas supported by evidence commensurate with the quality and quantity of that evidence, and rejects baseless claims such as the claims for Jehovah-Jesus. There is absolutely no reason to accept that claim apart from the will to believe, and no good reason at all.

An open mind is not defined by why it concludes, but by how it reaches those conclusions - rationally - and how it treats its conclusions - provisionally.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#503691 Mar 15, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
They're putting an end to Christianity! Here!
ROFLMAO!!!
That would be like "making water flow downstream". <frown>

“"None shall pass"”

There

#503692 Mar 15, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you see me beating the bushes.lol....
Only when the blinds aren't drawn. <giggles uncontrollably>

“"None shall pass"”

There

#503693 Mar 15, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. LOL.
I got tired of praying for you to get one. LOL

Fennario

#503694 Mar 15, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
HL wasn't "going to have me" teach her daughter - she and I decided that her daughter was both inquisitive and intelligent enough to handle a university course's information load. So we added her to my online intro to physical anth classes. And her daughter did very, very well, asking better questions than some of my students (not surprisingly, she's HL's daughter).
Very interesting. I wonder if I have time for that.

In addition to Spanish, this is the kind of thing I'm studying these days:

http://www.bridgehands.com/J/Jordan_2_Notrump...

Why not? What better way to keep the mind supple in retirement?

Did I ever tell you that my wife was an anthropology major?

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#503695 Mar 15, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for letting me opine :)
Thank you for doing so. I am still pondering both posts. To be honest I was thinking you were getting at something completely different with the idea of religion losing influence.

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#503696 Mar 15, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>How was that a good thought?
Salvation is a gift, if you don't receive it, that means your GOD didn't give it.
Hello Mike,
How do you come up with that conclusion? Whenever a gift is given, the giver gives it but the recipient has to reach out and accept it. Have a nice day mike
_Olive_

Berlin, Germany

#503697 Mar 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Thanks. LOL.
I fart up your nose.

Fennario

#503698 Mar 15, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yes, cuz:-2 +-1 =-1.
Erm ... never mind.

Change it to (-2)-(-1)=-1 and you're good to go.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#503699 Mar 15, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL. You must have seen this from "Why Can't I Own a Canadian?" at http://www.humanistsofutah.org/2002/WhyCantIO...
"Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?"
Well IANS, Canadians are to us in the USA like Samaritans are to Jews, close enough to afford certain privilledgess as if they were one of us but distant enough to ridicule.
Mexico is much too different to be acceptable as kin, so feel free to purchase as many as you wish. Outside the southern growinf season is when the price will be lowest.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#503700 Mar 15, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>What you know about education? you the one calling Paul a homosexual. That is a lie from the pit of hell. Or that Paul was not a Jew. That is a figment of your imagination.
So you have no right to talk about education. All you bring on the billboard is your homosexual fantasies about Paul and go find writings to denigrate a person's child. You is right there with the secular humanist and the atheist.
Hello Trifecta..

G-O-D is a college professor though..What makes a good professor?

A teacher who is attempting to teach without inspiring the pupil with a desire to learn is hammering on cold iron.~Horace Mann

A teacher's purpose is not to create students in his own image, but to develop students who can create their own image.~Author Unknown

What the teacher is, is more important than what he teaches.~Karl Menninger

Teaching should be full of ideas instead of stuffed with facts.~Author Unknown

The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book.~Author Unknown

Who dares to teach must never cease to learn.~John Cotton Dana

Fennario

#503701 Mar 15, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
fart fart
interesting?isnt??
I wish Wilderide hadn't put that thought about empathy and you in my head. I know that I should pity you. After all, how devastating would it be if somebody cold pass a hand over my head and turn me into you? You can believe me when I tell you that I would quite literally rather be dead than be seen behaving like you. I'm embarrassed to be publicly intoxicated if it shows.

So, shouldn't I pity you the same as somebody that has been shot or clubbed in the head? I think so. Yet I have trouble with that. I see you and am repulsed even when feeling the pity.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#503702 Mar 15, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL It is confusing isn't it!!!
Yes it is…. O_O I am just trying to figure out if some are not aware that they do the very same thing, yet are holding others accountable for it. <<shrugs>>
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
About non-believers speaking up about Mike...
I have on numerous occasions...it did no good...I think in a way it might have made it worse...hard to tell. I now just scroll past his posts and don't read them.
I think that is what happens sometimes. People such as Mike, DR, Shrinky Dink have been at it so long that everyone has just given up.
My scroll by list gets longer and longer. The criteria for making that list seems to be growing also.
I do the same thing. There are some people that I sort of read as well, meaning the only time I read them is when someone is responding to them. If the conversation looks interesting then I start reading their posts directly for a bit.
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
There was this one time...(don't know if you remember him or not) that Bobb-aka-Bobb said some awful things to "G". I stood used my voice and spoke up against it. Bobb then turned on me...which was okay...until...
I turned around and "G" was saying some awful things to Bobb...I had to use my voice and speak up again...to "G". Then they were both mad at me. LOL
I honestly believe that is why some people don't speak up...they know...they will be the next target.
I am not worried about speaking up, I do it all the time. I just try to get folks to treat each other with a little more care and respect. I know I have made arguments worse unintentionally, and G knows what I am talking about. I asked him to give someone a chance and shortly there after the longest most ugly and drawn-out argument I have ever read, came to be <<blush>> Oh well, they get along now ;O)

Fennario

#503703 Mar 15, 2013
Adam wrote:
We have a new pope. Halleluja A very respectful kind, conservative pope like he should be,otherwise he wouldn´t be the right man for this job.

I am glad he is against anything homosexual.
Probably as often as possible.

Your new pope is hardly respectful. He's homophobic for starters. Some of us consider that beyond disrespectful. It's downright immoral. Unlike Wilderide, your pope is not qualified to instruct me in moral matters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Mr Wiggley 16,890
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 37 min Tony 6,418
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 43 min Trumpler 983,198
We need better RideShare in Austin 1 hr RideshareDriverLi... 1
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 4 hr Doctor REALITY 29
slaves and slave masters within philadelphia's ... 5 hr Laura 5
So how exactly did O.J. Simpson pull off a doub... 6 hr Doctor REALITY 27
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 hr Anthony MN 683,876
More from around the web