Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#503437 Mar 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Totally agree, blessing to you too.
What do you think about the new pope? I'm not a catholic, but because he is from the americas where I'm from, makes it very exciting.
He also came out strongly against homosexual marriage. So there won't be no liberal pope with pope francis. I like the guy and his humility. I pray he does well.
As an individual I can say that I admire anyone who takes a stand against sexual immorality and abortion, but that is as far as my respect for him will go as I too am not catholic and it doesn't mean anything to me personally one way or another.

Have a Blessed evening my friend.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#503438 Mar 14, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
they are on the brake time,
because dr Shrink space craft look like divine helicopter fly in the different dimension of time,space,and parades of stars above Milky Way
curved space of vibrative Universum allows dr sHRINK TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS OF ANY MOVEMENTS
AND FLYING SPACE STRANGE LANGUAGE INSERT TO THE HUMAN BRAIN PARAMETERS?
ALLOWING THEM TO UNDERSTAND DR SHRINK OXFORD ENGLISH LEARNED SLANG PERFECTLY
Right! That's what I thought they told you.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#503439 Mar 14, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"If you love me you will obey what I command"
i don't even know you!
can we start with some conversation over a glass of wine first and see what happens after that?;)
I see you read the scripture here.Of course you do not know me lucky you.lol.I leave the drinking to the fellows.I would like to meet your Mrs.think you could arrange that.Boy is the place full of raschels.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#503440 Mar 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Why so angry atheist?
Christians seem to make your blood boil, and yet you are addicted to its followers.
Why put yourself through that?
Hey Tri, they can't help it, they are not at peace with themselves so they self deluded themselves that they are going to shake the faith of the believers with their wicked rhetoric.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#503441 Mar 14, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Good evening everyone.
Hey Lawest
HFN

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#503442 Mar 14, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you inviting your wife too?
Most wives don't care to meet the mistress....

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#503443 Mar 14, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Hitler: "Christianity is a rebellion against NATURAL LAW, a protest against nature. Taken to its logical extreme, Christianity would mean the systematic cultivation of the human failure."
Hitler's quote sounds pretty familiar?
Hello Qu, How're you this evening?

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#503445 Mar 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Your capsule summary of your experience of living several years on the street included a lot of abuse at the hands of Christians, and kindness from other kinds of people. By "how do you account for that," I mean, do you have a candidate explanation for why Christians were less kind to you than other types of people?
Juice's answer was that "at the end of the day, haters are going to hate". She didn't seem to discern the correlation that you did.
I don't need another candidate... Jesus was a sufficient enough example to go by for me, and even he - I am sure - would be disappointed in many a Christian's attitude. It is no secret to me who he represents.

If I must take the cross of a bride ready for marriage... will I ask who my groom is... or complain if I love him more than life itself?

I have already been there done that, and even bullets didn't kill me. Not Muslim, not Christian, not Jew. In fact the story gets more exciting... it is a true report in just another little book of humanity... and how this earth has treated me, in a world called religion or not.

Lucy was right... if haters want to keep hating. Nothing will change the mind-set of anyone who cannot forgive.

Most who hate find that is the chore of their reasoning.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#503446 Mar 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. like YD, Dr. Shrink is obsessed with AAA batteries ..
.. perhaps we can all pitch in and buy him a case ??..
Lets wait until Black Friday, they're like $2 for 60 of em at Walmart.

I'll pitch in 10 cents.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#503447 Mar 14, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Not trying to bring this up again my friend but by now, they know our position and they don't plan on changing, don't plan on viewing our stand-point as moral and they certainly don't plan on at least looking at their lives to possibly change. Frankly speaking, they just pretty much came in here to waste everyone's time. If you notice, most of them don't add anything of susbtance to the thread. all they do is come here to socialize and as a bonus, make a mockery of everyone carrying on this charade. Now I ask you brother, take a look at the below passage of scripture.
1 Corinthians 11:1-16 (KJV)
11 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you.
3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
8 For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.
9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.
12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.
13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
Now we know this is a most overlooked passage in scripture. For one thing, there were no churches back in the day and next, the women care not about wearing a covering especially when they go to worship or teach scripture. When it says women should cover also not just out of respect for man (their husband) and for The Most High One, but also that the Angels, even the fallen ones don't seduce them like in teh days of old when their were giants on the land. Here's the big thing. Paul is not saying men should not have long hair as he would also be directly going against Numbers 6.
However, not 2 things.
1. He was speaking to the people of Corinth where many of the men were effeminate in behavior.
2. They used to tie their hair, covering it with like a rag, but also they used to style their hairs growing it long with styles like the women. Effeminacy was rampant and a part of Greek society. Paul was having none of it. So some poeple would think only the OT speaks out against same sex relations, but the NT does it too.
Just pointing something out.
Shalom!
Andrew (CS).
By historical standards, any city that you can think of today that is full of sin and debauchery, the city of Corinth made it look tame in comparison.

Many people of today believe that this is the most immoral days in history.

It maybe the most immoral on a global scale. But back in those days, the city of Corinth was as wicked immoral and vile and maybe worse than any immoral city standing today 2000yrs plus yrs later.

If the Romans were brutal in their way of war and punishment, the Greeks were equally depraving when it came to immoral living.

Nothing much no change in history when it come to sin and mankind. technological advances happen yes, but mankind not much different than they were say 2000 to 4000 yrs ago, and maybe even longer than that.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#503448 Mar 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Most wives don't care to meet the mistress....
I think his wife might be paying them.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#503449 Mar 14, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Tri, they can't help it, they are not at peace with themselves so they self deluded themselves that they are going to shake the faith of the believers with their wicked rhetoric.
Deluded, is the right word. Because even if anyone that is a Christian now on the billboard was struggling with they beliefs, they need to thank God for these village clowns.

Because after seeing how they can't shake off what they left, they hilarious unhinging, denial of science, hate, hypocrisy and downright making a laughing stock of they philosophy, no shaky Christian not going to go to that philosophy. In fact these secular humanist might have even stiffen a weak Christian on the billboard to stay where they at.

I no know what they end result is. But some of my wildest hopes to see how secular humanism and atheism can just make itself irrelevant, futile and just plain nonsensical, was lived out on this billboard..lol.

Especially from Dr[do little} and the pseudo scientist [hiding from you]. If I could copy those two writing and trim it down to a comedy commercial against what secular humanism and atheism is, it would be a blast. iyai!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#503450 Mar 14, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Lawest
HFN
Hey there HFN, how're you tonight?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#503451 Mar 14, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe they rejected you.. for you Irrira... if that ever were the case.. maybe they rejected your beliefs about Aliens, Alien Spacecraft and the spreading of that doctrine or some of the other things you believe in which I've read on the other site.
What other sight???? Please post sight and what you are referring too.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#503452 Mar 14, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Her PW,
Not an attack??? Maybe, maybe not. Is this an attack PW?
My statement was not attacking you.
IANS was using what you said to down Christians. I was, out of my on experiences, letting it be known that Christians were good people. My statement was also a fact based on my experienced. Experience of Christian people who though they didn’t know me, out of the love in their hearts help me.
Yes there are holler-than-thou attitudes and not just from Christians either.
Peace back at ya
HFN
No my Sister...
I did not read you as attacking me.
If you read it like that I'm sorry. Your only reason for a reply like this would be because you are a Christian... my story was not about you on a personal level... but filling you in from where the question first arose out of my post.

So Ja... if you care enough as I believe me as I do you, then you will see the Light of my reasoning, instead of where I am coming from. A report from a mission within a space called Africa.
We all have different stories in life to share.

So again...
Peace be with you.
You underestimate yourself in speaking so quickly without digesting the truth of this matter.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#503453 Mar 14, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>As an individual I can say that I admire anyone who takes a stand against sexual immorality and abortion, but that is as far as my respect for him will go as I too am not catholic and it doesn't mean anything to me personally one way or another.
Have a Blessed evening my friend.
I'm into church history, so I very much watch and keep up with what the Vatican teach and what the Pope does.

And one thing is clear, from Pope John Paul...Catholicism is getting more conservative. Because this Pope is a Jesuit. So strong into the word and teachings. So I watching carefully.

But I as you would not worship in the Catholic church. Too much teachings that not biblical. I personally think if they allow priests to marry, they wouldn't have this child abuse scandal going on that making a few perverse priests taint the whole Vatican. No where in the bible it say priest or leaders can't marry. Rome go put that burden on they shoulder, and look what happen.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#503454 Mar 14, 2013
Correction...
I will NOT ask...
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need another candidate... Jesus was a sufficient enough example to go by for me, and even he - I am sure - would be disappointed in many a Christian's attitude. It is no secret to me who he represents.

If I must take the cross of a bride ready for marriage... will I ask who my groom is... or complain if I love him more than life itself?

I have already been there done that, and even bullets didn't kill me. Not Muslim, not Christian, not Jew. In fact the story gets more exciting... it is a true report in just another little book of humanity... and how this earth has treated me, in a world called religion or not.

Lucy was right... if haters want to keep hating. Nothing will change the mind-set of anyone who cannot forgive.

Most who hate find that is the chore of their reasoning.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#503455 Mar 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm into church history, so I very much watch and keep up with what the Vatican teach and what the Pope does.
And one thing is clear, from Pope John Paul...Catholicism is getting more conservative. Because this Pope is a Jesuit. So strong into the word and teachings. So I watching carefully.
But I as you would not worship in the Catholic church. Too much teachings that not biblical. I personally think if they allow priests to marry, they wouldn't have this child abuse scandal going on that making a few perverse priests taint the whole Vatican. No where in the bible it say priest or leaders can't marry. Rome go put that burden on they shoulder, and look what happen.
I remember reading somewhere that the Catholic church didn't want priests to marry because they wanted all property to go back to the church. But you are absolutely right, there is nothing in the Bible that says church leaders must be celibate. And I agree that allowing married priests would almost certainly reduce the instances of child abuse. Frankly, I don't see what rational argument there is for keeping priests celibate. And I say that a a celibate person myself.
Lost In Transition

United States

#503456 Mar 14, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
We will never forget our dear Ham.
Ham who?
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#503457 Mar 14, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey there HFN, how're you tonight?
I’m ok Lawest. I just had to take a pain pill so we will see. LOL. Nothing serious just painful. I hope you are doing good Brother.
HFN

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min memez mcgee 88,596
The REAL reason TWA Flight 800 broke in half 4 min Doctor REALITY 6
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min Big Al 703,860
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 59 min Tony 6,925
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Big Al 996,573
Walmart works their workers on Thanksgiving too!!! (Nov '13) 1 hr Andy 3
Going Full Nazi - Supreme Soviet and the Law of... 3 hr Follow The Money 4