Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#503388 Mar 14, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
dr parnia was dr Shrink client and mentaly disturbed his journal fall of this years completly confussed and failure of normal minds believing in point 0 OF THIS Universe point 0 is INFITE INTELIGENYC WITH VAST CREATIVE FORCES WITHOUT OF BEGINNING AND END
also you too go to the psychiatrist and make adjustemnt of your stupid little penaut brain
Herr Doktor,

Have the aliens said anything cool to you today?

-Redneck

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#503390 Mar 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>We have the saying here, too.
When the blight hit the Chestnut trees, here, every individual tree was affected. The forest of Chestnuts was no more.
Only a few whole ones are left. Isolated and never touched by the blight, or resistant in some cases.
The roots of the old Chestnuts in the new forest without the Chestnut still try to put forth, but they only get up so far. The blight is still active and they die again.
There are around 150 species of trees here.
1 in every 4 trees in the forest here used to be Chestnut.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chestnut_blight
That's so sad, we used to be very strict here on what was being brought into the country, but now things have relaxed, and we are getting all sorts of diseases and issues to, that are affecting our environment. They brought the cane toad in to eat the bugs or snakes around the sugar cane, and now the flipping things are killing off our own beautiful frogs, and snakes are dying too,'cause the venom in the cane frog is so strong. These toads are now hitting the top of South Australia, moving down from Queensland, so we have a real problem on our hands.....

#503393 Mar 14, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Just spat my drink everywhere... when will I learn...
Maybe someone should tell Francis Collins he is uneducated, and when the heck will he ever learn?? LOL, it is the grouping thing in action again :)

#503395 Mar 14, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. I'm very empathetic. How can you not be seeing so much rage and anger? Imagine what it must be like to be that person. It's sad. But then again, if the person doesn't struggle to improve themselves, then they are just needlessly pollution the world with such negativity. At that point, empathy for that individual is greatly tempered by empathy for others affected by them.
I guess that doesn't apply in Topix forums though :)

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#503397 Mar 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Shit, this is the Internet. He's prolly like 6'5", 250lbs of solid muscle, has 4 Ferrari's, 3 PhD's and working on the fourth. Has millions in the bank, a house in Malibu, Paris & Finland.
Oh, and he's 8 inches. Of course.
Guy walks into a bar with a very little man on his shoulder. He orders a beer. The bartender pours a beer and sits it in front of the guy. The little man on his shoulder jumps onto the bar, walks over to the beer and kicks it over, spilling it all over the bar. The bartender says, "What's up with the little dude?" They guys says, "Well, I met a smart assed Genie and mistakenly asked for a 10 inch dick."

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#503398 Mar 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. hi ya, No Stress ..
.. AIN now probably recognizes that in your own gentle and subtle manner, you brought it to SKOM's attention ..
.. unfortunately, like Dr. Shrink, SKOM indulges in name-calling without cause. As most posters here will attest, and, for no reason, he has called me a liar, bigot and hypocrite. To the best of my recollection, not one person stepped forward to challenge his assessment ..
.. when people passively sit by, say and do absolutely nothing, it indicates tacit approval, the inappropriate behavior accelerates and we have another Auschwitz ..
.. we can do better. It starts with a little respect for all lifeforms ..
Hello HL, good to read you my friend! Hope all is well in your slice of the world. I have had several enlightening conversations with Skom, and we were able to get along just fine. I have told him in the past that I do not agree with how he handles a discussion when he becomes offended, and we were able to discuss it. We did not agree in the end, but were able to manage a respectful dialogue none the less. I am sorry about your past experience, I personally have never thought of you as such.

I do not tend to jump in on many disagreements on Topix. If I remember right I got to know you during one such disagreement, on another thread with a self proclaimed fundamentalist. I take care with my words at all times, and attempt not to harm others with them, while many people on Topix do not feel the same need. I gathered facts, statistics, and gave personal testimony as to why I did not agree with what she was saying. In return I was told what I believed (incorrectly), was given statistics that in no way shape or form implied what she thought they did, and was point blank told I was wrong and going to burn in hell. Not pleasant, if I do say so myself. I have been on Topix a while now and have had discussions with several (what I call) toxic posters and they all tend to end in the same manner. Me walking away, trying to figure out how to make sure that I never behave in such a manner simply to prove my own point. I am not saying that how I handle the situation is correct, and in fact I am personally trying to figure out how to better verbalize my own displeasure on here, without the feeling that I am being pulled down to another’s level.

Continued:

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#503400 Mar 14, 2013
Continued:
That being said, I do not know if you are aware but there have been several comments made by non-Christians on here over the last few days that have been disrespectful towards Christians. I am not saying that you do not step forward when you see such a thing either, as I have read you to do just that. I personally question the reasoning that someone not saying something to another -on here- means that they are in agreement with a statement, at times I think it actually makes things worse. Example: do you think that I should line up for a firing squad with a simile on my face because I am a Christian? I simply pulled this one example, I am not trying to drag anyone through the coals. Just trying to personally understand where the line is (if there is one) when it comes to me not saying anything to a post that I don’t agree with.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
mike wrote:
Those who are so willing to express a belief, at least be tough enough to take what you get. However, those who express a belief in a christian GOD are suppose to face the firing squad with a smile knowing your reward is on the other side, you don't belong amongst the living dead,..don't know why your GOD has left you here all alone.
There are so many ways that this post can be taken, but not one non-Christian questioned him for clarification. So should I take that to mean that you are all in tact agreement with him, and if so what exactly are you agreeing to? I should just take what is dished out regardless of how offensive or harmful it is because I am a Christian?- or - The darker end of the spectrum, we as Christians should simply line up and be killed, so that we can be with our God since we don’t belong amongst non-believers?(I understand the killed question is extreme, but there are people out there that wish just that.) The comment was simply not questioned. I personally do not correlate that with all non-Christians on here agreeing with him. I don’t even know if people that do not share my faith even see a problem with this statement. I understand what you are getting at - I do, but do you honestly think that I agree with everything I don’t respond to?

K - now I am really confused (no joke)….I went to post the above and see this:
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. why do you dignify gay haters like Q & Adam by responding to their posts ??..
.. for me, it only encourages their tirades and serves no purpose, especially on a thread like this ..
.. I really want to understand your logic ..
Ahhhhh…I must be loosing my mind!! That is exactly why I do not respond to certain posters, and that exactly what I was thinking Christians were being questioned for……
<<head desk>> ~whimper~

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#503401 Mar 14, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Trifecta
my last post was not directed to you,only to the poster named Hidingfromyou, she is just mentaly spiritualy horible stupid and distrubed
sorry for mistake
you are great teacher of all those maniacs around
:0
OK.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#503403 Mar 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its Anthropology. Not anthorpology.
You can't even spell what you teach?
Hahahaha.
It's it's, not its.
As Howard Stern's father used to tell him:
Don't be stupid, you moron.

Fremont, CA

#503404 Mar 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Then don't.
I dismissed you yesterday, why do you keep buzzing around? Shoo off.
Careful, dude.

This is OUR thread now, I hope you realize it.

You are no more than an interloper.

So sayeth Pastor Catcher.

Fremont, CA

#503406 Mar 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>what a moron!
Wikipedia even source where they get their info from.
What?

Fremont, CA

#503409 Mar 14, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think that all Spiritual beings hang around on Earth for eternity? I'm not sure what your level of comprehension of Spirits are, so yep, I don't get it :) Everything else you have mentioned is definitely available in the earthly realm, but also in the Spiritual realm, but I have a feeling you aren't going to get it.
No, you don't get it.

There are no "spiritual beings".

There is no evidence for the existence of any metaphysical beings. The brain has the power to create them.

Please don't respond to this post.

This is my final answer.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#503411 Mar 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. why do you dignify gay haters like Q & Adam by responding to their posts ??..
.. for me, it only encourages their tirades and serves no purpose, especially on a thread like this ..
.. I really want to understand your logic ..
I know I know, we aren't supposed to feed the trolls. I see the logic of that argument. Most of the time I skip those posts entirely, as I'm sure most other people do. But on the other hand, I don't see why a troll should constrict my right to expression. And their hateful cries for attention can sometimes be spun into a lighthearted joke.

San Francisco

#503412 Mar 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, nobody is pre condemned. Why would you say that?
Well, if God only deigns to reveal itself to some people, what about everyone else?

San Francisco

#503413 Mar 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wir sollten eure Arsche wie dem japanischen nuked haben.
Do you speak German? Or is that Google Translate or something?

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#503414 Mar 14, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
Edited
<quoted text>
Not really for you IANS, just saying…
Christians do help people on the streets. I know about cases where they have and they still do. Plus A pastor and some of the Church goers help me when I was (for a short time) on the streets. I was treated very well.
HFN
Hello HFN
I understood the question was around my own experience when I made report of my 10 years on the streets - by choice - in Africa

I wouldn't change my experience for anything on the planet with what I got out of it.

The earth has truly helped me understand so much of what Jesus said. And I am the richer for having loved what others call,'the sinners' with his same unconditional Love.

I know that some Christians do help more - I have been with the Salvos and others etc - but overall I found it incredible at that time in that experiment...

...That the average folk who helped 'me'... were all of what I wrote. Non-believes who held nothing against me but invited me into their homes. Who clothed, fed, visited me in prison, and in hospital, and gave me some-where to sleep.

Yet those who I know who were in higher places in their own Christian set-up's were a crying shame.

I can fully understand what Jesus meant, when he said... "in as much as you did it unto one of the least of these my brethren... you did it for me."

I was the least in the Christians eyes in that experiment, and continue to be the least even today.

This is not a complaint. I come from a higher place called my Father's house. It is a choice.

Folk are more grateful at the bottom of the ladder of Christianity, than on a wrung so high, they fail to see themselves as they cannot.

It is understandable also that such a report as this would spike a Christian's ideals, but not all would even stoop to enter a bar or even a gutter... then or there.

I could write another book on how they - Christians - too have treated me, and am no less and outcast today then I was then. If anyone should be anti-Christian it should be me/us who have been treated badly by - but instead our faith too has remained steadfast throughout any ordeal.

I too am witness as much as anyone else to their own story. But I cannot change the truth of my report which I wrote - despite being Christian then myself also - any more than I could change any Christian's attitude who is holler-than-thou.

Only life could teach that.

It seems to be many forget where they came from before their Christianity, in the way that they are too quick to throw the Bible right back at the very one's they left behind.

Jesus did not do that, but rather he used the Law against the Scribes and Pharisees.

This was not a personal attack, but a statement of fact based on the whole... born out of a report.

Peace be with you - PW/Irrira

San Francisco

#503415 Mar 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree!
*crosses arms, taps foot impatiently*
Wilde.....?
Mom said I could!

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#503416 Mar 14, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>To me you are an Aussie ~ I have a few honorary Aussies, but the first one was Ham, GOD Bless his Soul always :)
Aaahh... that sounds real cool.
I am honored!

We will never forget our dear Ham.
His memory is a fragrance of pure Love.
Luv U 2.
(((*()*))) Koala hugs too >>>smile<<<

Fremont, CA

#503417 Mar 14, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I know, we aren't supposed to feed the trolls. I see the logic of that argument. Most of the time I skip those posts entirely, as I'm sure most other people do. But on the other hand, I don't see why a troll should constrict my right to expression. And their hateful cries for attention can sometimes be spun into a lighthearted joke.
I utilize the Catcher white sheet to restrain myself.

Once drawn, the sheet protects me from doing anything but scrolling past the (former, to me) poster.

Adam, Dr. Shrink, Illuminatrix and several others on this thread have magically disappeared from my world.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#503418 Mar 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful, dude.
This is OUR thread now, I hope you realize it.
You are no more than an interloper.
So sayeth Pastor Catcher.
???
When did you and your village neanderthals get the deed of ownership to this website? lol.

Your thread? poor you. that like a few misguided slow brained atheists storming the Vatican and screaming this out property now haha.

Religion OWNS you. We OWN you. You're a Slave to the Christian Religion and we will speak to you as we please, reprimand you when we please and throw you a few pieces of crumbs so you can lather up an argument when we so please.

Your philosophy otherwise is of no use for Christianity. Your beliefs are inferior and getting run out of the intellectual and scientific arena as we speak.

So hunker down slave.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min North Mountain 56,225
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 39 min Seraphima 649,840
the REAL REASON Ron Goldman was stabbed...64 TI... (Aug '15) 44 min pearlofagirl 16
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 59 min WasteWater 2,297
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 59 min YOUR FATHER LOVES... 972,397
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 1 hr EBMWCS 500
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 hr DENG 39,054
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web