Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>All of that sexually-based perversion that some of you put on open display in this Christian-based thread just gives more insight on it's nastiness. Well actually, some Christian diluted-variety may and have defended you in such...
So...does that mean you don't want to watch?

Or film?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
RR, please demonstrate that atheists have a confirmation bias.
No, seriously, go to.
Confirmation bias exists on both sides of this debate.

Atheists make absolute conclusions with no evidence, as you just did saying there are no gods.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So women who have sex with underage boys are homosexuals ?
Did you know that mother-son incest is quite common ?
Really, Quin. You need to think before you write.
Kind of like when Epi mentioned in some quote that Jesus washed Peter's feet you responded by alluding that "feet" could actually mean "penis"?

Come on now...

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>The sinful acts of fornications, all. The latter two... but ask me a sincere question the next time.
I already do that Quin. Why won't you give me the Biblical definitions of 'fornication' and 'adultery'.

BTW, do you know where in the Bible the "wedding vows" are ?

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright. Shall I take that as an apology?
As your avatar says... I'll use the abbreviated form... you seem to know lots of nothing at all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you have a pretty good understanding of science - that's true. Not a great understanding, but a pretty good one. You still have problems, at least in your posts, with "evidence" versus "proof" and so on :)
And you know what? For me, nevermind is one damn word!!!
On a more serious note - where I am close minded? Honestly, do you think I am close minded to not believe in your deity? What is compelling about your deity over any other deity?
You are closed minded in that you refuse to acknowledge that without any evidence or proof (pick one), God simply doesn't exist.

You've shut your mind out to any and all possibilities that He does. And that science simply doesn't have the technology to run any sort if tests to confirm or deny the existence of God, or any god for that matter.

That is a closed mind, and I really hope you don't spout your baseless assertions of God to your students.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Deuspater and Zheus ?
How about Khuda ?
ROFLMAO
Yes, like those.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Unrepentant fornication?
What sexual positions (and when) are allowed by married couples so they aren't "fornicating" ?

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Since: Mar 11

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>No, you're trying to be slick and as far as professor... I was going on what HL had said on a much earlier conversation when she mentioned she was going to have you teach her daughter on a particular subject...
I am a lecturer. I lecture at a state university. I teach courses on "intro to cultural anthropology," "intro to physical anthorpology," "anthropology of Japan" and "biological anthropology."

That doesn't make me a professor. Profs are tenured positions. When a person like me gets a full time position at a uni for the first time, they're "Assistant professors." It takes several steps and a lot of years (and writing) to make full professor. The title actually differs in different nations, so everyone makes mistakes with it - regardless, I do not have the position "professor." Lecturer, yes. Faculty, yes. Prof, no.

HL wasn't "going to have me" teach her daughter - she and I decided that her daughter was both inquisitive and intelligent enough to handle a university course's information load. So we added her to my online intro to physical anth classes. And her daughter did very, very well, asking better questions than some of my students (not surprisingly, she's HL's daughter).

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

@ Lawest... look at what is in open display in the churchhouse!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I've heard of First Lady of the Church... but First G?

Seeeeiiii-iiiick!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I understood your point. Sometimes we don't get what we expect out of a conversation and it seems a waste. I tend to see all experience as valuable in some way, though. On balance, something might be more negative than positive, but history cannot be changed. I think we can scavenge benefit from anything.
<quoted text>
I'll first have to bring you into my understanding of religion. I see it as a stage in human cultural evolution. If you go back far enough in time you'll find humans that weren't capable of building religions of any kind. The way I see it, you need three basic things to build a religion. You need language so you can communicate complex ideas. You need curiosity and a yearning to understand the world around you. You also need free time, time free from worrying about whether you will live another day.
I also need to address tribalism. Groups of closely related individuals represent the first tribe. The family looks out for the family, and anything that threatens the family is an enemy. Where humans were spread out, interaction between kin groups were probably not confrontational. What spurs conflict is the competition for resources. As populations get larger and closer together, or as resources are depleted, competition comes into play.
At some point it will become clear that forming larger than kin tribes has advantages. A larger group allows for the exploration of specialized skills. Eventually large tribes are formed. These tribes develop ways of living that they continue to teach new members. Protecting the tribe and the "truth" of the tribe becomes very important.
Forms of religion can be born in large continuous tribes. Hierarchies naturally form. The person who can explain mysteries of life will have a lot of power. This is also the birth of politics. In maintaining this system of power, religions are fleshed out. People discover several characteristics of humanity to exploit and add that to the power system as it develops. The formation of tribes and tribal religions was important. It provided some measure of safety and predictability. It allowed for technological progress and more.
If you scale up the tribes and tribal development you'll eventually reach a state where tribes stop fighting so much and band together, forming coalitions. This is how some nations are born. Some were founded by violent conquest though. Civilization is the next step. Religion and forms of tribalism survived this shift in culture. Today we have countless overlapping societies and cultures. Religion is unique in that it occupies space outside of reality. We can put religion aside to deal with public policy or understanding nature. Until recently, there wasn't as much pressure for religion to be discarded as an outdated system. Where understanding of reality increases, religion loses it's power to explain. The god of the gaps has fewer gaps to occupy.
Religion itself is still largely divisive. It can be the most important aspect of life to some. That's what makes religion dangerous. Competition will never reveal the right religion. They are all equally true and equally false to the various believers. They teach ideas that were born in less evolved cultures. The violence, intolerance, and ignorance being sold as truth by the biggest religions are a hindrance to human progress. Religious beliefs prevent learning. Dogma denies improvement. That's generally true of the individual. Human society on the whole still moves forward.
Removing religion from influence may not bring about a sudden world peace, but it's a step in the right direction. If there was ever any good to be had from religion, it can survive in another form. If we can't excise the bad, immediately, I see that as a bad sign, that the system itself is bad.
Good post! Interesting.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your excuse when you say similar things? Which you do sometimes.
When Aunt Flo vista Mrs RR, RR don't get no poon tang and gets grumpy.

You don't hafta deal with a broad on the rag, man.

That's gotta be a timesaver for y'all.

:)

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Shoe or Dress size ?
Shoe. Lol..

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Since: Mar 11

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not lying and my dishes are washed. Are you having a melt down again? I'm sure he can get his own beer.
No melt down. It irks me that you feel you can call me a fraud, entirely without evidence, and then expect that slur to slide just because I am not a Christian. Sorry. I won't take it.

And you know what? If I ever meet Riverside Redneck, I will enjoy bringing him as many beers as he desires - and I will pour each one as he holds his glass.

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I already do that Quin. Why won't you give me the Biblical definitions of 'fornication' and 'adultery'.
BTW, do you know where in the Bible the "wedding vows" are ?
I showed them to you already... about a week ago. It just wasn't your own definition.

Have a good one G... smile.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Before condemning a person of being uneducated, you might wanna learn to spell "quite" first....
That tip was free.
So all you have left is to attack my typing.

Pathetic, just pathetic.

Here. <passes flask> I ain't gonna hold a grudge.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>It's part of the fornication portfolio and that is why I mention it...---> bestiality, pedophilia, homosexuality, unmarried hetero and other sexually-deviant sins.
It seems pretty stupid not to differentiate between consensual sex and nonconsentual. Why would consensual sex be immoral?

“Saved. ”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a lecturer. I lecture at a state university. I teach courses on "intro to cultural anthropology," "intro to physical anthorpology," "anthropology of Japan" and "biological anthropology."
That doesn't make me a professor. Profs are tenured positions. When a person like me gets a full time position at a uni for the first time, they're "Assistant professors." It takes several steps and a lot of years (and writing) to make full professor. The title actually differs in different nations, so everyone makes mistakes with it - regardless, I do not have the position "professor." Lecturer, yes. Faculty, yes. Prof, no.
HL wasn't "going to have me" teach her daughter - she and I decided that her daughter was both inquisitive and intelligent enough to handle a university course's information load. So we added her to my online intro to physical anth classes. And her daughter did very, very well, asking better questions than some of my students (not surprisingly, she's HL's daughter).
Have a good one HFY... I'll read 2morrow. Smile.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>Alright. Shall I take that as an apology?
Sure. Why not.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
I have this new french maid outfit, it's very short, I can start with the dishes....
Oh! Yesssssss....

<Drops to the floor clutching chest >

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 483,841 - 483,860 of598,771
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

410 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 530,145
Penis Size 3 min The Rogue 5
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min lisw 171,458
Being Gay is not wrong! (Mar '07) 8 min yon 162
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Tide with Beach 716,708
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 18 min andet1987 3,876
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 38 min Hidingfromyou 93,236
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 45 min Aura Mytha 255,727
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 20 hr Gabric 62
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••