“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#503057 Mar 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, baby, that's not how science works. <sigh>
It...uh...takes evidence based positions...
Nevermind. I've been trying to explain how science works to you...
I know how science works, my dear.

I'm just not as closed-minded as y'all.

Oh, never mind is two words :)

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#503058 Mar 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. hi ya Luci (In The Sky, With Diamonds)..
.. my daughter wants to become a vet. Last summer, as a guest, she enrolled in an on-line biology course offered by a well-known university. The professor? Anthropologist HFY ..
.. like all friends, HFY and I squabble regularly. Our recent debate on an afterlife is a prime example. She's taught me a great deal about science while increasing my spirituality. Few people on Topix knew how deep her river runs ..
.. she's the real deal ..
Ahhhhh...of course I love you and miss our cyber.

No worries about Illuminatrix - she's a coward and has nothing of value to say. All she ever writes is "I would tell you what's wrong with you, but I won't at this time..."

She emulates a clueless junior high school girl quite well.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#503059 Mar 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG. As usual.
Lets look at the FACTS:
Singapore Singapore
Further information: Christianity in Singapore
The percentage of Christians among Singaporeans increased from 12.7% in 1990 to 17.5% in 2010.[26]
South Korea South Korea
Further information: Christianity in Korea
In South Korea, Christianity has grown from 20.7% in 1985 to 29.5% in 2005 according to the World Christian Database.[2
Malaysia
Further information: Christianity in Malaysia
According to a Hindu organization, 130,000 people have converted from Hinduism to Christianity between 1965 and 1990. Around 97,000 joined the Methodist Church and the rest mostly joined various Protestant denominations, as well as 2,500 who joined the Catholic Church.[24
Norway Norway
Further information: Christianity in Norway
It is estimated that Orthodoxy is the fastest growing religious faith in Norway with a growth rate from 2000 to 2009 at 231.1%.[2
Further information: Christianity in Canada
In the Canada 2001 Census[21][3][4][5][6] 72% of the Canadian population list Roman Catholicism or Protestantism as a religion. The Roman Catholic Church in Canada is by far the country's largest single denomination. Those who listed no religion account for 16% of total respondents. In British Columbia, however, 35% of respondents reported no religion—more than any single denomination and more than all Protestants combined.[7]. For further information on historically significant religions in Canada, please see Religion in Canada.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_popula...
Norway.
Canada.
Malaysia.
South Korea.
Signapore.
All rich Countries. Norway and Canada, western countries. Education is not scarce in none of those countries and Christianity has been part of those countries history for hundreds of yrs.
And in the developing where Christianity is growing, you think you're somehow better than those people?
Typical Secular Humanist immoral arrogance.
You're just WRONG Dr [do little]. Why don't you do like your friend hiding, and go hide. At least she is not too stupid to be embarrassed.
Aww.. Tri... you were supposed to copy and paste stuff off the Internet, all of it and claim the writings to be your very own... Then you too could be intellectually superior and a 'critical' thinker.. ROFLMAO..

<wipes tears of laughter away>

Ok... I read a tweet today that I thought you might appreciate :-)

"Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to try and prove that they are not idiots."
David Schmid.

Smart man. In the case of toxic, it can also be a pretend crutch.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#503060 Mar 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. hi ya Luci (In The Sky, With Diamonds)..
.. my daughter wants to become a vet. Last summer, as a guest, she enrolled in an on-line biology course offered by a well-known university. The professor? Anthropologist HFY ..
.. like all friends, HFY and I squabble regularly. Our recent debate on an afterlife is a prime example. She's taught me a great deal about science while increasing my spirituality. Few people on Topix knew how deep her river runs ..
.. she's the real deal ..
Oh! And our discussion - so far the only worthwhile argument I've had on here - and refreshing.

Thank you for the intelligent discussion. Against you, I put up a serious fight because it's the only debate worth having and you're the only worthy opponent worth writing to.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#503061 Mar 14, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Who created animals,trees,flowers,stars,mo on,earth and YOU???
Vishnu. No? Thor? No...damnit...I'm sure this was covered in school...

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#503062 Mar 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Trifecta is't the only one who:
"1. haven't shown evidence
2. don't understand science
3. misrepresent science
4. are incapable of critical thinking"
It is a failing of the average American (at least).
<3

You kinda sorta rock, you know. Sorta. Kinda. A lot, yeah.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#503063 Mar 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Hitler: "The best thing is to let Christianity die a natural death.... When understanding of the universe has become widespread... Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity.... Christianity has reached the peak of absurdity.... And that's why someday its structure will collapse.......the only way to get rid of Christianity is to allow it to die little by little.... Christianity the liar.... We'll see to it that the Churches cannot spread abroad teachings in conflict with the interests of the State."

Okay, so Hitler started out as a Catholic and backslid out of Catholicism.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#503064 Mar 14, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Not impressed. But, if I ever want ta look fer a low pay'n job, I'll look it all up.
...you think I'm an anthropologist for...money?

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#503065 Mar 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Why so angry atheist?
Christians seem to make your blood boil, and yet you are addicted to its followers.
Why put yourself through that?
Interesting... isn't it ?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#503066 Mar 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Greek "chief god" was Zeus.
The Christian "chief god" is not Zeus.
O_o
*hands G_O_D a screwdriver to tighten his loose bolts*
You are wuite uneducated. In the Greek of the NT texts and the Latin versions of the earliest Bible in existence, the words used are exactly that of Zeus and Jupiter.

As for your English version, the word God is ultimately derived from the Sanskrit word for self (khuda).

So in English you are worshipping yourself, not even a deity. LOL

You have no clue about your own religion and the words you all bandy about. Feel free to babble, don't try to BS those of us who are educated in such matters.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#503067 Mar 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhhh...of course I love you and miss our cyber.
No worries about Illuminatrix - she's a coward and has nothing of value to say. All she ever writes is "I would tell you what's wrong with you, but I won't at this time..."
She emulates a clueless junior high school girl quite well.
Yet you seem obsessed with me. Do you usually develop infatuations with cowards who have nothing of value to say? Very curious you would bring up junior high school.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#503068 Mar 14, 2013
Hitler: "Christianity is a rebellion against NATURAL LAW, a protest against nature. Taken to its logical extreme, Christianity would mean the systematic cultivation of the human failure."

Hitler's quote sounds pretty familiar?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#503069 Mar 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop lying - either present the research (which you have entirely failed to do so far) or admit you're committed to an unsupportable belief system.
Oh, wait, you can't admit that since you're a believer. Nevermind, why don't you:
1. not bother to present evidence, as is your wont
2. attack and insult me more since you're not intelligent enough to support your belief system
~~~grin~~LOL.

Look here atheist.

Dr Parnia and his army of researchers, their findings to not threaten my beliefs, they threaten yours.

The Scientific Research and findings,only affirms what I already know, that the self/psyche/soul is a separate entity from the human brain.

So I understand if you want to deny Dr Parnia and the hundreds of scientists their scientific findings.

But excuse me if I believe Dr Parnia and the hundreds of scientists working on and establishing the science.

And not believe Dr [do little], the religious slave on the billboard, and not take what you say seriously either, because you use enculturation to explain everything, even why a bear takes a crap in the woods. iyai!lol.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#503070 Mar 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wuite uneducated. In the Greek of the NT texts and the Latin versions of the earliest Bible in existence, the words used are exactly that of Zeus and Jupiter.
As for your English version, the word God is ultimately derived from the Sanskrit word for self (khuda).
So in English you are worshipping yourself, not even a deity. LOL
You have no clue about your own religion and the words you all bandy about. Feel free to babble, don't try to BS those of us who are educated in such matters.
I cannot imagine why anyone would find you to be arrogant LOL

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#503071 Mar 14, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww.. Tri... you were supposed to copy and paste stuff off the Internet, all of it and claim the writings to be your very own... Then you too could be intellectually superior and a 'critical' thinker.. ROFLMAO..
<wipes tears of laughter away>
Ok... I read a tweet today that I thought you might appreciate :-)
"Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to try and prove that they are not idiots."
David Schmid.
Smart man. In the case of toxic, it can also be a pretend crutch.
LOL, you poor lost soul.

You not see the link to Wikipedia in the writing? me laughing! lol.

You starting to become unhinged again.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#503072 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Really? You question that? All that I have said is that without religion, there would be less strife in the world. To me, the truth of that is obvious.
If you took the religious people out of this thread, there would be no or almost no fighting. Every single example of abusive language in this thread is either a Christian-to-Christian post or a Christian-to-unbeliever post. If you can find a single counterexample of an unbeliever calling another unbeliever liar, bigot, pervert, abomination or any other such term, I will reconsider my claim.
And if you can't, will you reconsider?
I am sorry Ians you seem to be stating that it is a fact that if all the religious people were off the thread there would be no or almost no fighting, and in my opinion you can not know that.

I have been treated badly by many non-Christians on topix, so to say that only religious people do this, would be incorrect. I do not turn a blind eye on what someone does as a believer and I do see what you are saying. I do not only question religion though. Things such as location, education, and background are very important when it comes to understanding the dynamics. I moved from Ann Arbor MI to a holler in the Mountains of NC and had a bit of an eye opener at that time in my life. From growing up in a diverse and booming college town, where Christian Churches and Jewish temples (as one example) at times share buildings -and moving to a place where some folks did not have power or running water, also where I first started hearing about fire and brimstone from the pulpit.

Perhaps my problem is with generalizations <<shrugs>> Some examples of what has been said to me in the past using your words above: I have been told by non-Christians that I am a bigot because I am a Christian, and if I really follow the faith there is no way not to be one. I have been called a liar because I said that I was raised to use logic and was told, if one is a Christian they can’t use any logic. I have not been directly called a pervert, but have been told that my God is one because he is so worried about what everyone does in bed. When it comes to abomination….no, can not tell you that I have ever had a non-Christian call me that. In my opinion educated people don’t tend to say such things, regardless of what they do or don’t believe in. I have been smacked at by Christians and non Christians alike. I am not saying that to complain, in fact it has helped me to discover quite a bit about myself and others. So the real question was if religion was completely off the table….gone….would there actually be less strife? I do not know, but in answer to your question, yes - I honestly have been questioning it.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#503073 Mar 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I hate to break this to you, since I know you're weak of mind, trif, but he's talking about your religion.
Why don't you try to present an argument instead of patheticness?
Because what he write was foolishness.

My argument is Wikepedia. I not have to argue when I can just get the facts and link it.

I here to discuss. Discussions are my opinions. Facts, are Facts.

What is "patheticness"? you having a seizure or something?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#503074 Mar 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"People are born with their race, and with their sexual orientation."
LOL
More opinions?
That assumption has been neither confirmed or denied so don't spout it off like it's the truth.
So it goes with your deity, and all deities.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#503075 Mar 14, 2013
How do you account for that? And what does it say about the influence of the Christian church on people?
Illuminatrix wrote:
At the end of the day, haters are going to hate and people fight.
Peace_Warrior just finished enumerating the kinds of people that treated her with kindness when she was on the streets, and how the Christians just spat at her. Perhaps you'd like to review it:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

And your response? "At the end of the day, haters are going to hate and people fight."

That's it?

At the beginning of the day, there are more haters in churches than outside of them, especially Sundays. Hate is the sermon: Hate your families. Hate the world. Hate your flesh. Hate gays. Hate unbelievers. Judge everybody as unfit and sinful.

And when the world hates you back for it, smugly call count that as evidence that you are too good for it as you tell its people what a failure the world is.

Your whole religion is based on what your god hates: man's nature, and those of us that won't worship it.

And you call it all love:

"I love you, brother, and so does Jesus, which is why we are telling you that your version of Christianity is inferior and you are hellbound. God bless you, brother. Remember, Jesus loves you and so do I."
Illuminatrix wrote:
You going to abolish politics and families as well? How about all the Scientists who don't agree on anything? What about drugs? What about Psychological Illness? What's the plan Teddy? Implant chips? Turn humans into cyborgs so we all think alike and are the same? I'm curious, how far are you going to take it? You must be very powerful, going by your speeches. Are you a Communist?
I have no idea what that was about, unless you are trying to convert my claim that Christian teaching is the source of all of the bad manners seen in this thread strife into a straw man that all strife everywhere arises from religion. As I have told several others, one of the most useful ways to use language is to make a clear and explicit statement of what you are thinking rather than merely an inference.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#503076 Mar 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, baby, that's not how science works. <sigh>
It...uh...takes evidence based positions...
Nevermind. I've been trying to explain how science works to you...
Enculturation. That how science work right? lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kent 573,587
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min KiMare 97,850
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 15 min seenthisside 937
Moses never existed 19 min KiMare 1,238
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 26 min Browneyes123 246
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 37 min Aerobatty 808,886
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Good-Evil 2,004
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 268,792
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 15 hr Curious_Guy1 161
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 15 hr Coco 202
More from around the web