Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#503070 Mar 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wuite uneducated. In the Greek of the NT texts and the Latin versions of the earliest Bible in existence, the words used are exactly that of Zeus and Jupiter.
As for your English version, the word God is ultimately derived from the Sanskrit word for self (khuda).
So in English you are worshipping yourself, not even a deity. LOL
You have no clue about your own religion and the words you all bandy about. Feel free to babble, don't try to BS those of us who are educated in such matters.
I cannot imagine why anyone would find you to be arrogant LOL

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#503071 Mar 14, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww.. Tri... you were supposed to copy and paste stuff off the Internet, all of it and claim the writings to be your very own... Then you too could be intellectually superior and a 'critical' thinker.. ROFLMAO..
<wipes tears of laughter away>
Ok... I read a tweet today that I thought you might appreciate :-)
"Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to try and prove that they are not idiots."
David Schmid.
Smart man. In the case of toxic, it can also be a pretend crutch.
LOL, you poor lost soul.

You not see the link to Wikipedia in the writing? me laughing! lol.

You starting to become unhinged again.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#503072 Mar 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You question that? All that I have said is that without religion, there would be less strife in the world. To me, the truth of that is obvious.
If you took the religious people out of this thread, there would be no or almost no fighting. Every single example of abusive language in this thread is either a Christian-to-Christian post or a Christian-to-unbeliever post. If you can find a single counterexample of an unbeliever calling another unbeliever liar, bigot, pervert, abomination or any other such term, I will reconsider my claim.
And if you can't, will you reconsider?
I am sorry Ians you seem to be stating that it is a fact that if all the religious people were off the thread there would be no or almost no fighting, and in my opinion you can not know that.

I have been treated badly by many non-Christians on topix, so to say that only religious people do this, would be incorrect. I do not turn a blind eye on what someone does as a believer and I do see what you are saying. I do not only question religion though. Things such as location, education, and background are very important when it comes to understanding the dynamics. I moved from Ann Arbor MI to a holler in the Mountains of NC and had a bit of an eye opener at that time in my life. From growing up in a diverse and booming college town, where Christian Churches and Jewish temples (as one example) at times share buildings -and moving to a place where some folks did not have power or running water, also where I first started hearing about fire and brimstone from the pulpit.

Perhaps my problem is with generalizations <<shrugs>> Some examples of what has been said to me in the past using your words above: I have been told by non-Christians that I am a bigot because I am a Christian, and if I really follow the faith there is no way not to be one. I have been called a liar because I said that I was raised to use logic and was told, if one is a Christian they can’t use any logic. I have not been directly called a pervert, but have been told that my God is one because he is so worried about what everyone does in bed. When it comes to abomination….no, can not tell you that I have ever had a non-Christian call me that. In my opinion educated people don’t tend to say such things, regardless of what they do or don’t believe in. I have been smacked at by Christians and non Christians alike. I am not saying that to complain, in fact it has helped me to discover quite a bit about myself and others. So the real question was if religion was completely off the table….gone….would there actually be less strife? I do not know, but in answer to your question, yes - I honestly have been questioning it.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#503073 Mar 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I hate to break this to you, since I know you're weak of mind, trif, but he's talking about your religion.
Why don't you try to present an argument instead of patheticness?
Because what he write was foolishness.

My argument is Wikepedia. I not have to argue when I can just get the facts and link it.

I here to discuss. Discussions are my opinions. Facts, are Facts.

What is "patheticness"? you having a seizure or something?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#503074 Mar 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"People are born with their race, and with their sexual orientation."
LOL
More opinions?
That assumption has been neither confirmed or denied so don't spout it off like it's the truth.
So it goes with your deity, and all deities.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#503075 Mar 14, 2013
How do you account for that? And what does it say about the influence of the Christian church on people?
Illuminatrix wrote:
At the end of the day, haters are going to hate and people fight.
Peace_Warrior just finished enumerating the kinds of people that treated her with kindness when she was on the streets, and how the Christians just spat at her. Perhaps you'd like to review it:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

And your response? "At the end of the day, haters are going to hate and people fight."

That's it?

At the beginning of the day, there are more haters in churches than outside of them, especially Sundays. Hate is the sermon: Hate your families. Hate the world. Hate your flesh. Hate gays. Hate unbelievers. Judge everybody as unfit and sinful.

And when the world hates you back for it, smugly call count that as evidence that you are too good for it as you tell its people what a failure the world is.

Your whole religion is based on what your god hates: man's nature, and those of us that won't worship it.

And you call it all love:

"I love you, brother, and so does Jesus, which is why we are telling you that your version of Christianity is inferior and you are hellbound. God bless you, brother. Remember, Jesus loves you and so do I."
Illuminatrix wrote:
You going to abolish politics and families as well? How about all the Scientists who don't agree on anything? What about drugs? What about Psychological Illness? What's the plan Teddy? Implant chips? Turn humans into cyborgs so we all think alike and are the same? I'm curious, how far are you going to take it? You must be very powerful, going by your speeches. Are you a Communist?
I have no idea what that was about, unless you are trying to convert my claim that Christian teaching is the source of all of the bad manners seen in this thread strife into a straw man that all strife everywhere arises from religion. As I have told several others, one of the most useful ways to use language is to make a clear and explicit statement of what you are thinking rather than merely an inference.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#503076 Mar 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, baby, that's not how science works. <sigh>
It...uh...takes evidence based positions...
Nevermind. I've been trying to explain how science works to you...
Enculturation. That how science work right? lol.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#503077 Mar 14, 2013
The Pink Swastika: Homosexuality in the Nazi Party

Some early roots: "Wandervogel youths were indoctrinated with Greek paganism and taught to reject the Christian values of their parents (mostly Catholics and Lutherans)."

http://constitutionalistnc.tripod.com/hitler-...

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#503078 Mar 14, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Hitler: "Christianity is a rebellion against NATURAL LAW, a protest against nature. Taken to its logical extreme, Christianity would mean the systematic cultivation of the human failure."
Hitler's quote sounds pretty familiar?
Hhmmm, yes, it does :-)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#503079 Mar 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, you poor lost soul.
You not see the link to Wikipedia in the writing? me laughing! lol.
You starting to become unhinged again.
Again? When was I ever hinged?

LOL

I saw the link, I also can differentiate between wiki and you :-)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#503080 Mar 14, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww.. Tri... you were supposed to copy and paste stuff off the Internet, all of it and claim the writings to be your very own... Then you too could be intellectually superior and a 'critical' thinker.. ROFLMAO..
<wipes tears of laughter away>
Ok... I read a tweet today that I thought you might appreciate :-)
"Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to try and prove that they are not idiots."
David Schmid.
Smart man. In the case of toxic, it can also be a pretend crutch.
Whoops!...Sorry Illuminatrix, I thought this came from the hiding from you atheist.

:) I like the tweet.

You see what happen when the atheist get challenged on their own grounds, they panic and run.

They all for science, except when the science come against they beliefs.

When they claim is science that make Darwinism right, they argue and fight say science prove that is a big bang and a cell crawl on land why we all here. and when people attack that, they claim is religious people do it.

Now when the science turn around and bite them on the backside and evidence abound that the soul/psyche/self is separate from the human body they cry "foul". Because that science no match they beliefs.

LOL. Atheists and secular humanist are as predictable as a corrupt politician.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#503081 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Peace_Warrior just finished enumerating the kinds of people that treated her with kindness when she was on the streets, and how the Christians just spat at her. Perhaps you'd like to review it:
And your response? "At the end of the day, haters are going to hate and people fight."
That's it?
At the beginning of the day, there are more haters in churches than outside of them, especially Sundays. Hate is the sermon: Hate your families. Hate the world. Hate your flesh. Hate gays. Hate unbelievers. Judge everybody as unfit and sinful.
And when the world hates you back for it, smugly call count that as evidence that you are too good for it as you tell its people what a failure the world is.
Your whole religion is based on what your god hates: man's nature, and those of us that won't worship it.
And you call it all love:
"I love you, brother, and so does Jesus, which is why we are telling you that your version of Christianity is inferior and you are hellbound. God bless you, brother. Remember, Jesus loves you and so do I."
<quoted text>
I have no idea what that was about, unless you are trying to convert my claim that Christian teaching is the source of all of the bad manners seen in this thread strife into a straw man that all strife everywhere arises from religion. As I have told several others, one of the most useful ways to use language is to make a clear and explicit statement of what you are thinking rather than merely an inference.
I read PW's original post but thanks. I'm not claiming anything about other groups of people and have experienced similar situations as well as opposite ones, where the only kindness I was given was by Christians but that has nothing to do with what I posted.

If Christianity is the only source of bad manners than you and you are most definitely a Christian. Trying to have a civilised discussion with you is rather pointless, thanks for reminding me :-)

You can count me out of your sick little game.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#503082 Mar 14, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot imagine why anyone would find you to be arrogant LOL
LOL

I admit to being arrogant. So was Jesus.

I am also well educated and know more about Christianity than most Christians do.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#503083 Mar 14, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>And as I believe, regardless of what the popular belief is among unbelievers, the overall theme of the bible is Love. And as far as I'm concerned, the expression is acceptable, but I believe it's better to become Love.
Of course I see that sentiment as very admirable, but unfortunately I cannot agree with you that the overall theme of the Bible is love. Seriously, how can you ascribe that term to a god which purportedly committed genocide, including the slaughter of perfectly innocent babies and children (multiple times), and condoned ethnic cleansing, racism, sexism, and slavery?

If this God is omnipotent, then it has an infinite number of solutions available to it in any given situation. Yet it does not opt to act in a loving way most of the time, according to the Bible. Even Jesus, IMHO, is evidence of a bloodthirsty deity. What benevolent deity requires a blood sacrifice, animal or human? If you are going to cancel a debt, then simply cancel it. Imagine a bank which, seeing an account holder that cannot pay their debt, and deciding to take pity on them, saying "we will forgive your debt, but first we will take one of our board members and horribly torture and kill them to consider it paid by ourselves". WTH?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#503084 Mar 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of the devil. You come back :)
lol.
That's true. I am one of your pantheon, I just don't tell the truth about it. Oh. well. Now that you know, you might as well get on your knees and start worshiping.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#503085 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
PW is one of the most lovable and loving people on this thread. ANYONE that would spit on her is less than human.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#503086 Mar 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Enculturation. That how science work right? lol.
Nope. Enculturation is how religion works. Science requires a real education.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#503087 Mar 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Whoops!...Sorry Illuminatrix, I thought this came from the hiding from you atheist.
:) I like the tweet.
You see what happen when the atheist get challenged on their own grounds, they panic and run.
They all for science, except when the science come against they beliefs.
When they claim is science that make Darwinism right, they argue and fight say science prove that is a big bang and a cell crawl on land why we all here. and when people attack that, they claim is religious people do it.
Now when the science turn around and bite them on the backside and evidence abound that the soul/psyche/self is separate from the human body they cry "foul". Because that science no match they beliefs.
LOL. Atheists and secular humanist are as predictable as a corrupt politician.
LOL, it's ok, I figured :-)

Predictable is right, especially when one knows many and has been one. However, some do surprise me still and some are just pretending to be atheists, something that becomes very clear when one knows precisely how they think and what they read.

I think part of the problem is that most atheists, especially on toxic, who claim to believe in Science, don't actually understand Science whilst simultaneously assuming that all believers shun Science. Which can make for very humorous reading but I almost feel sorry for them. You know?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#503088 Mar 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Why so angry atheist?
Christians seem to make your blood boil, and yet you are addicted to its followers.
Why put yourself through that?
Honestly, Trifecta1, I just hate lies. Liars make me angry, so I respond with unkind words. If you guys would stop lying, I'd respond with less annoyance in my tone.

To answer your second question, I don't know. Why do I bother coming here?

I learn a lot from the atheist posts. They're creative, interesting, challenging, thoughtful - funny.

I'm a teacher. I can't help it. I will endlessly explain reality to those who don't fully grasp it or lack an education. I don't know why I'm driven to explain how science works to people who are incapable, because of their religious beliefs, to understand it. But I am - I deeply, deeply hate the mis-use of science.

And I love HL.

So those are my three reasons for being here.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#503089 Mar 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Vishnu. No? Thor? No...damnit...I'm sure this was covered in school...
Your such a angry horny toad this morning.lol.Why you spitting at me. All I ask you was about creation.I already knew you do not have the answer.Big sos I do not have the answer either.So that makes us both kindegardeners as in small children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 110,016
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 39 min Rosesz 675,493
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Gabriel 982,282
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 hr lightbeamrider 4,079
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 hr awesome reality 46,189
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 hr UidiotRaceMakeWOR... 184,711
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 12 hr Tony 6,217
More from around the web