Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#503039 Mar 14, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so ignorant.
Your religion uses the exact same names the Greeks and Romans used for their Cheif God. "Deus Pater" is NOT YHWY nor El it is Zeus/Jupiter.
Thanks for playing, sorry you lost. You aren't the weakest link though. <smile>
The Greek "chief god" was Zeus.

The Christian "chief god" is not Zeus.

O_o

*hands G_O_D a screwdriver to tighten his loose bolts*

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#503040 Mar 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence that God doesn't exist.
Science just likes to pretend that it does.
I can't explain other believers of other relgions, neither can you.
There's tons of evidence that the very concept of deities is human made. Who needs to single out the deity you have imagined? I don't. They're all fictional.

How exactly does your last point help your position?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#503041 Mar 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Coward.
You have nothing to back up your filthy lies, coward.
Is Aunt Flo visiting?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#503042 Mar 14, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Every single example of abusive language in this thread is either a Christian-to-Christian post or a Christian-to-unbeliever post. If you can find a single counterexample of an unbeliever calling another unbeliever liar, bigot, pervert, abomination or any other such term, I will reconsider my claim.

And if you can't, will you reconsider?
Illuminatrix wrote:
I got my hopes up with your lucid posts earlier... sigh...:(
As I just said, you don't do evidence, do you Juice. Like Dim, you don't respect it or require it of yourself. You just make unfounded claims and cast aspersions, such as that one about my lucidity.

I'll also take this opportunity to point out that you don't really believe your god is up there or gave instructions to you that you might be damned for disobeying. You would never have posted that if you did given this :

"I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak" - Matthew 12:36

We both know that's not going to happen, is it? No worries.

"Having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame." - 1 Peter 3:16

If that's true, you just shamed yourself and your god.

"To speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people." - Titus 3:2

You couldn't possibly believe that. You just flagrantly violated it. I promise you that if those words had come from somebody that you believe could and would enforce them - say you lived under a dictator that wrote that law - you sure as hell would not be posting slurs about me on the Internet.

"You shall not spread a false report. You shall not join hands with a wicked man to be a malicious witness." - Exodus 23:1

You and Dim got some splainin' to do!

Just kidding. There's no god. We both know it, don't we? We both actl like it, anyway.

"A dishonest man spreads strife, and a whisperer separates close friends." - Proverbs 16:28

Lookie there. You could substitute "Christian" for "dishonest man" and it would be essentially the same as my claim that the abusive language in this thread originates with Jesus' kids, and that your religion is divisive.

But no worries, right? And I'm sure that you've already forgiven yourself for your slur with some Christian self-forgiveness, meaning forgiveness on demand, so there will be no apologies forthcoming, will there? Why did you even bother apologizing to me last time?

Anyway, you, Dim and the rest of the Christian gang here on WSJLM have been excellent representatives of your church and what it can do for a person and even a whole nation, just as I hope that I and my gang of "othersiders" have been good models of what humanism produces. It's not even close.

Your church will have to move over for us soon. Our values such as reason, evidence, tolerance, cooperation, justice and compassion will continue to become the dominant cultural mores, as yours - baseless allegations, self-forgiveness, contempt for evidence and reason, divisive finger pointing and dehumanization - will ebb.

That's obviously a good thing.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#503043 Mar 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
See? You have nothing of substance, so you pretend. How much fear you have, that you lie so.
LOL... is that you're professional opinion? Are you a Psychic Internet Psychiatrist today? Or just how you react to being called a fraud?

"No I'm not, you are!" "I know you are but what am I?"

LMAO

Some stable somewhere

#503044 Mar 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So....
*scratches head*
You're saying something about drawing conclusions?
Yes. The person I was writing to is unable to think logically and continues to commit a confirmation bias error.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#503045 Mar 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
bwahahahahahahahahahah!
hahahaha!!!!!!!!!
Holy! hahaha, that's great. Tell me another one!
I hate beer.

ERASE! ERASE! ERASE!

Some stable somewhere

#503046 Mar 14, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Colossal. I have never seen anyone react this way after being b*itch slapped with reality.
What will she do when she finds out that the scientists of the AWARE research and other scientists studying the phenomenon, have set up the experiments in such a away that makes the experiments Quantitative.
She will probably barf all over her keyboard then.
Stop lying - either present the research (which you have entirely failed to do so far) or admit you're committed to an unsupportable belief system.

Oh, wait, you can't admit that since you're a believer. Nevermind, why don't you:

1. not bother to present evidence, as is your wont
2. attack and insult me more since you're not intelligent enough to support your belief system

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#503047 Mar 14, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
"While there is a problem of pedophilia in the Catholic church I don't think that it is any more right to label them all based on the actions of a few.
Does it sound familiar Catcher?"
What I meant here AnnieJ is that Catcher1 is so busy looking at all of the bigots that he can't see the bigotry of his own. Not just Catcher1, but all of us when we get focused on one particular belief that we dig our heels in and don't see all views that are presented.
It is an old saying down here that one is so busy looking at the forest, that they don't see the individual trees; not sure if you have it up there :)
We have the saying here, too.

When the blight hit the Chestnut trees, here, every individual tree was affected. The forest of Chestnuts was no more.

Only a few whole ones are left. Isolated and never touched by the blight, or resistant in some cases.

The roots of the old Chestnuts in the new forest without the Chestnut still try to put forth, but they only get up so far. The blight is still active and they die again.

There are around 150 species of trees here.

1 in every 4 trees in the forest here used to be Chestnut.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chestnut_blight

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#503048 Mar 14, 2013

Atheism and the Supernat'l...

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#503049 Mar 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not surprised that you have no response other than to attack my person - your cowardice isn't up to the challenge of critical thinking.
I see. So, critical thinking amounts to your last few childish posts? If so, you are right. I happen to be very good at copying and pasting other people's words too, I just credit them, silly coward that I am. Please, do continue.

Some stable somewhere

#503050 Mar 14, 2013
Your religion is a colossal failure. We don't need a church training people to think like you by the tens of millions. Humanity is capable of so much more than the ancient lens of Christianity allows it. Yours is simply an inferior ideology and culture.
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Your [opinion] is noted, but irrelevant to Christianity.
I hate to break this to you, since I know you're weak of mind, trif, but he's talking about your religion.

Why don't you try to present an argument instead of patheticness?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#503051 Mar 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I cited every paper he wrote - you cited none. Further, you are apparently unable to answer my critique of him.
Why not? Can't you speak to the findings?
You just posted that those 'citations' were your words, "all of them", you wrote. Which is it? You seem confused.

Some stable somewhere

#503052 Mar 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you're a scientist, of course. You'll rule out God without even knowing...
No, baby, that's not how science works. <sigh>

It...uh...takes evidence based positions...

Nevermind. I've been trying to explain how science works to you...

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#503053 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>
I say that because I know that he is a Christian, and therefore an advocate of the Golden Rule. I assume that the way that he treats others is the way he likes to be treated.
That's fair, isn't it?
Cut for personal point full comment here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
In my opinion it is fair.
<quoted text>
Thanks for compiling all of that.
This isn't about Dim and I misunderstanding one another. He went far beyond that.
What I was looking for was one Christian to tell Dim that he was out of line for repeatedly calling his errors in comprehension my lies, and for refusing to even try to show one of those lies. I was hoping one of you would ask him to show you such a lie, and then chastise him when he failed. That never happened.
That part is history now. I don't expect anything from any of the players involved any more. All that remains is for me to continue thanking Dim in his own way, although I will use the word "moron" instead of "liar".
Does that seem fair to you? I'm not asking if you like it, or want to see it. I can't imagine that anybody that likes Dim would. I'm asking if you think that I am being unfair to him, and if so, why.
I do not think that you are being unfair. Perhaps I should make clear what I am trying to take away from the discussion that you and I are having. I am not saying you have done anything wrong. I have already said that I thought Skom was out of line calling you a liar from what I read out of the discussion. It is a disagreement between the two of you. As I said before, the only reason I said something to you was due to the fact that you said that no Christian had come forward and said anything to Skom, I disagreed. You have said that you missed my comment and I can completely understand that. I still question though if perhaps the way that I voiced my admonishment to him, was not in the manner that you were looking for. Meaning that you were looking for something more direct and forceful, when that is not how I communicate. The two of you are posters that I enjoy reading separately. I question the “why” of the dispute, and how the discussion deteriorated to this point. It may be clear to you, and it may be clear to him, but it is not clear to me. At this point, I am not sure I should even be worried about it.

Let me explain from personal experience if I may. When I first started posting on another thread (had never been on any kind of blog before) I could not comprehend how I was being offensive to others that were not Christians. I would never intentionally offend someone, simply not in my makeup, so I found myself getting very discouraged. I personally was not thinking at the time about the means of communication I was using. It did not take long for me to figure out that I had to stop my own knee jerk responses to other posters, ask for clarification if needed, look for the actual point in the post, and try to view my response from different perspectives. You have already expressed to me that some find you to be militant in your responses. I would say that you are straight forward and have no qualms about expressing your views. I have absolutely no issue with that at all. I have come across other posters that somewhat have your style of posting *but* I had yet to find someone with your style of communication that was actually open to an honest discussion, as I find you to be. I am trying to figure out how to honestly and openly communicate with you. You may not see the importance of it, heck maybe no one but me see’s any kind of importance to it. <<shrugs>> I personally never want to walk away from an opportunity to learn something from someone on here, simply because I do not understand how to keep a good dialogue going.

I hope this makes sense to you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#503054 Mar 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
There's tons of evidence that the very concept of deities is human made. Who needs to single out the deity you have imagined? I don't. They're all fictional.
How exactly does your last point help your position?
Unlike you atheists, I don't spend any time on gods I don't believe exist.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#503055 Mar 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. The person I was writing to is unable to think logically and continues to commit a confirmation bias error.
Just as you atheists commit a confirmation bias?

Yes.

Using a confirmation bias, people usually prefer sources that affirm their existing attitudes.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#503056 Mar 14, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Freeballin'.
Now, exchange that word for "Free Falling" in the Tom Petty song.

It's wondermous.

"AND I'M FREE!....."

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#503057 Mar 14, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, baby, that's not how science works. <sigh>
It...uh...takes evidence based positions...
Nevermind. I've been trying to explain how science works to you...
I know how science works, my dear.

I'm just not as closed-minded as y'all.

Oh, never mind is two words :)

Some stable somewhere

#503058 Mar 14, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. hi ya Luci (In The Sky, With Diamonds)..
.. my daughter wants to become a vet. Last summer, as a guest, she enrolled in an on-line biology course offered by a well-known university. The professor? Anthropologist HFY ..
.. like all friends, HFY and I squabble regularly. Our recent debate on an afterlife is a prime example. She's taught me a great deal about science while increasing my spirituality. Few people on Topix knew how deep her river runs ..
.. she's the real deal ..
Ahhhhh...of course I love you and miss our cyber.

No worries about Illuminatrix - she's a coward and has nothing of value to say. All she ever writes is "I would tell you what's wrong with you, but I won't at this time..."

She emulates a clueless junior high school girl quite well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min Seentheotherside 45,862
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 21 min Joe Fortuna 693
The Future of Politics in America 33 min River Tam 294
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 51 min crucifiedguy 284,690
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 56 min Al Capone 3,396
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 56 min Aura Mytha 977,502
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Aura Mytha 88,487
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr truth 665,576
More from around the web