Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
By "Graft"
In other words you have no clue what a Jew or Judah is.

I am going to get a white dress and pointy hat so I can be the Pope. I got tired of being an Indian Cheif.

“Which "god"?”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>In other words you have no clue what a Jew or Judah is.

I am going to get a white dress and pointy hat so I can be the Pope. I got tired of being an Indian Cheif.
Playing dress ups can be fun.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
My interest is limited to the demise of the church, not its pomp and ceremony. Bill Maher seems to agree :
"The Pope's decision leaves so many questions unanswered. Is he resigning to hide something? Who will replace him? Will the Church try to modernize? All of which are interesting questions. Just not to me. I, and millions like me, just don't care. Which is good news, because it means that the institution of the Catholic Church is losing its importance and dying off, just like moose lodges, and the Masons, Blockbuster, and moderate Republicans."
I guess that you are more interested than that.
Then Maher added this zinger:
“Hey Catholics, newsflash — if the Pope can quit, it’s OK for you to quit, too ... Benedict told them he was going to resign because the church needs a fresh young face somewhere other than a priest’s lap.”
After noting that most American Catholics were already ignoring the pope by getting divorces, using contraception, getting abortions, missing mass, and more, he added,
"By telling his flock, "I'm getting too old for this shit", he's actually ahead of the game. Maybe it's time for American Catholics to ask if they're getting too old for this shit. I mean, if you're Catholic, but you don't follow anything the Church says, what are you staying for? The stained-glass windows?"
For me, it's entertainment. Those old, sheltered men, dressed in clown suits, engaging in ludicrous antics, the smoke signals, secrecy, one huge joke on themselves and their flock of sheep. And for what? To head up an international pedophile crime syndicate.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries. You wouldn’t worry if you saw all the posts I goofed up on. LOL
Lol.......good morning HFN, none of us are perfect, have a blessed day.

“Paul is a confessed liar”

Since: Jul 11

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Playing dress ups can be fun.
Hello, Nurse !

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Good morning, God. As I look forward to this day, I want to start by thanking you for all the many blessings you have given me. The little things I so often take for granted, like having food, clothing and shelter; being able to work; being able to get up out of the bed even. Keep me focused on what is important in life. Help me to sow good things in this world. If I'm not doing enough, or not doing all you want me to do, please remind me and guide me. I praise You, God, and give you the glory, great things you have done. Amen.
Prime time with God
Amen.

“Which "god"?”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Hello, Nurse !

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Lol! Classic.

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! Classic.
Thought you would like it. <smile>

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>It is not ridiculous ~ it just needs consideration. The other side of the world was not known; recall man(kind) have written the Bible(...)
There is uninterrupted human life that is evidenced in the populations of North and South American aboriginal natives going back well over 10,000 years.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_archaeol... (North_America)

There is new evidence that suggests that figure may be as much as 20,000 years. Possibly more. The Topper site in South Carolina. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topper_ (archaeological_site)

Other sites have been found as well.

Dendrochronology dates for trees give ages of over 4500 years, and still alive. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methuselah_ (tree)

The King's Lomatia found in Tasmania,has been cloning itself for at least 43,600 years. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King 's_Lomatia

The above aren't unique, and similar examples are seen the world over.

The above examples were land based

Then there are the oceans.

Take Corals, for instance. The coral(an animal), must live in highly agitated, oxygenated, nutrient rich ,fresh and relatively pure/pristine saltwater environments.

A saltwater environment is the exclusive home of the coral. There is evidence(incontrovertible evidence) of coral reefs being alive, continuously, for 10,000+ years, uninterrupted. There are a few reefs that have an age in the range of 40,000+ years. And still yet, a few reefs have been identified that appear to be over 100,000 years old. This is based on core samples. One reef has been estimated to be over 140,000 years old, and, the core sample that was used to arrive at that date went to a depth of almost a mile deep. Imagine that.

A reef, with an accumulation of almost one mile in depth of previous coral growths. Coral growth rates vary by species, some of the short lived might grow up to a foot in a year. The long lived varieties tend to grow a few inches at most, per year.

Did I mention one other thing corals must have in order to survive? Corals not only require a highly agitated, oxygenated, nutrient rich ,fresh, and relatively pure/pristine environment.

Corals also require sunlight.

Water transmits sunlight in lesser degrees the deeper the water gets. 70 percent of the entire amount of photosynthesis in the world takes place in an area called the euphotic zone. It generally extends to a depth of 100 meters or 330 feet. Below this is the disphotic zone, between 100 and 1,000 meters/330 and 3,300 feet deep, which is dimly lit.

Most corals inhabit the euphotic zone, and within that zone, primarily the first 90 feet. Very few live below that in the disphotic zone.

We must remember, the mythical "world wide deluge", covered the entire earth. Mt. Everest is 8,848 meters, or, 29,029 ft above sea level.

The actual time the "world wide deluge"( the biblical deluge, the myth of Noah) lasted was over a year.

There is no way corals could have survived such an event. If there had been a world wide deluge, consisting of debris filled, contaminated, dark and brackish waters, lasting over a year, there would be no corals today.

They couldn't have survived. Not even temporarily. Not 40 days. Not one year. Not at all.

There is no evidence of the biblical world wide deluge, at any point in history.

That would be a shame, had there been a world wide deluge, that would have brought about the certain extinction of coral.

Since it's the only animal on this planet visible from space.
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sister of Light....
As I told Duane....I feel the closeness to Israel by being "grafted" into the culture.I know you have been there and Grace went there a few years ago and will go again this year I believe....IMO America should keep Israel as a Friend....It is Gods People.
I am the "butterfly".....((*l -))
Love & S_H_A_L_O_M
Hello Epi

Why would a GOD set aside one ethnic group of people to call special?...it's figurative.

You "Feel" a closeness to "Israel" by being "grafted" into the "Culture"?..how do you participate in Israel's culture?

Is Israel a place of refuge where the world can escape to?

Always trying to sound "Holy".

No one makes "self" feel-good, better than "self", not even a GOD.
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Amen.
Amen?

I see you've been programmed well!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Epiphany2 wrote:
MORNING
“Never miss an opportunity to make others happy
even if you have to leave them alone to do it.”
~ Author Unknown
Thought for the Day
Mornin Epi;

I really like this one.All seem to be happy cause there laughing.
I do not brother no one but thoses scriptures sure make them throw stones.Just sharing a thought is all.Even I'm doin the lol here.Have a good day.God bless.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Galatians 5:13 My friends, you were chosen to be free. So don't use your freedom as an excuse to do anything you want. Use it as an opportunity to serve each other with love.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

With an impossible task for us to face, God sent to us Saving Grace,
With man facing eternal death Jesus spoke this with His dying breath,
“It is finished!” As He served a dying world what we didn’t deserve,
He came into this world of strife so that we could gain Eternal Life.

Jesus did not deserve to die, but my friend, He did it for you and I.
He left a Majestic Throne on high coming to earth so we wouldn’t die.
Becoming a curse for you and me, Christ pardoned our sin at Calvary,
And only through Him can we live in Heaven with God through Eternity.

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
It won't be long,America,and the rest of the world,the Vatican should be announcing their choice for the False Prophet,uh,I mean,the next Pope,any day now.
Catholics are the only Real Christians and The Pope is the Voice of God and Vicar of Christ!

You are blaspheming God himself, you Godless atheist !

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Where do Christians go as soon as they die ?

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>What's wrong,Mike?? You want some companionship in that dark,hopeless,atheist mindset of yours?? Really miserable dark world in there,huh??
He will be the same place as you, you godless atheist.

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Grace Walker wrote:
....Jesus did not deserve to die...
Nor did billions of people in the history of Mankind.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
This is what the Christians on this thread do, but won't acknowledge. I'm thinking now of my discussion a few days ago with Le_Le as she and other Christians were savaging one another. I claimed that the vicious and angry name calling in this thread was of Christian origin, and my evidence for that was the way you people treat one another compared to the way we unbelievers treat one another.
Le_Le's answer to me was that she has seen us in disagreement as well, which is rampant denial of the huge difference between disagreeing and these vicious personal attacks that characterize the interactions of many of you Christians, but none of the unbelievers. Not like what we see here, or like what is liable to flow between Counter_Strike, Dim, Derp, LAWEST, Qu_in, and others.

Now it's your turn to be found unfit. Of course, when we do that, we can expect you to call us liars, bigots and hypocrites.

EDITED FOR SPACE
Your problem is that you limit your view.

Believers visit Topix to share, debate, and anything else with hopes that our discussions will bring us closer to one another. Unfortunately and more times than not, some find it difficult maintaining composure, especially when one that claims to be a believer spews nothing but hatred and insults toward almost all others that claim to fly the same banner. In my humble opinion and I'm sure you can agree, that's even more frustrating than having a fellow believer disagree at every turn while still remaining respectful. It's even worse when the hatred and insults derive from disagreements. And even worse than that is when atheists feel compelled to use bible verses against so-called "believers" in order to quench their negative thoughts and speech.

The fact is, though, that our generations were born into a religion already divided. Therefore, we enter Topix with the division that we, for the most part, had no part in creating. Many of us feel compelled to do what we think necessary to try, to the best of our abilities, to unite our religion. And the only way to do that is to discuss the doctrines that are supposed to be based on the one thing our denominations have in common-- the Bible. And for many reasons and excuses, and regardless of our affiliation, we find it most difficult humbling ourselves to one another. And atheists feed off of all of this.

Atheists are born into the same divisions, but atheists don't visit religious forums and threads divided. Atheists visit religious forums and threads with a common intention, and that's to convince the religious that atheism reflects intelligence while theism reflects ignorance. Other than that, atheists have not much to argue and disagree about when it comes to religion and as long as they remain on topic. That's not hard to do for an atheist in a religious forum and thread. But, for you to say that the same that's witnessed in these religious forums and threads among the religious are non-existent and unheard of among atheists is ludicrous and delusional, and derives from a complex of superiority. Of a surety, not all atheists agree on all political issues and views. Of a surety, not all atheists agree on all secular issues and views. And of a surety, not all atheists show the same level of constraint when discussing topics deemed a "sensitive nature" with one another.

I agree. The attitudes among some of us in Topix are appalling. And personally, I wouldn't put myself in the same ranks for calling a person a "liar" and "backstabber" while providing evidence of their lies and betrayal. And frankly, if this was my normal mode of operation, then most likely, you wouldn't have had to wait so long to approached me with your concern. But, you've just now ranked me among those you oppose regularly.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

G_O_D wrote:
Where do Christians go as soon as they die ?
There are 12 dimensions. Different strokes fer different folks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 483,401 - 483,420 of596,435
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

631 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min atemcowboy 511,504
Have you ever seen your parents having sex? (Jul '12) 3 min jeanie 39
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Aura Mytha 216,169
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min Dusty Mangina 89,359
Money is the God of USA (Aug '13) 8 min andet1987 45
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min Aura Mytha 250,242
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Kaitlin the Wolf Witch 679,056
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 49 min Hdogg07 213
teen snapchat nudes 50 min Oscar 102
•••
•••
•••