Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#502913 Mar 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
(...)
I have come to the conclusion that often those battles are nothing more than jockeying for a place in line to enter those pearly gates. After all...if someone is wrong and the other person is right...you might lose your place in line.(...)To be first...you have to knock a few out of the way...let the "true" Christian through.
At least that is the way it appears at times...IMO.
I was reading back and this caught my eye.

I've noticed something similar to what you speak of.

At times, I get the impression that there is an almost "jockeying for position" thought/goal process going on, almost as if there is a competition, and there will be special merit given, attention or favor for those who are a "Better Christian".

Whether it's by "souls brought to the lorrrrd" or by inspiring others to follow the "better method of believing"<(ain't that a hoot).

Similar to:

<Bob Average> "IS THAT A JONAH ROLEX YOU'RE WEARING?"

<Bob Spectacular> "Yep, waterproof to 660 ft, and it's signed on the back by Jonah"

<Bob Average> " Maaauun...I wish I could have gotten one of those. I KNEW I should have treated people better!"

Anyway.

Do any Christians here have a thought concerning this?

Do you think some Christians have that mindset?

Are you one of them?

I'm curious.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#502914 Mar 13, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
Locust Recipe
Dry Roasted Grasshoppers

Spread fresh, frozen and cleaned insects on paper towels on a cookie sheet.
Bake at 200° for 1-2 hours until desired state
of dryness is reached.
Check state of dryness by attempting to crush insect with spoon.
==========
Garlic Butter Fried Grasshoppers

1/4 cup butter
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup cleaned insects*

Melt butter in fry pan.
Reduce heat.
Saute garlic in butter for 5 minutes.
Add insects.
Continue sauteing for 10 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
==========
Grasshopper Fritters

3/4 cup sifted flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3/4 c milk
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 c grasshoppers
1 pt. heavy cream beaten stiff

Sift flour, baking powder and salt together into a bowl.
Slowly add milk and beat until smooth.
Add egg and beat well.
Pluck off grasshopper wings and legs, heads optional.
Dip insects in egg batter and deep fry.
Salt and serve.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#502915 Mar 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you very much.
I've always wondered why you called dr Shrink "007". Now, I know. And if memory serves me correctly, dr Shrink said that they've been in the United States for somewhere around 30-years. I could be wrong, but I seem to recall such a conversation that took place not too long ago between dr Shrink and, I think, Grace Walker.
wlcm

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Florida, USA

#502916 Mar 13, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
>>>smooch<<<
I read your briefs...
I is so!
boxers

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#502917 Mar 13, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
>>>smile<<<
That post was not received as 'superior' by me... thus the skit of a video.
If there is one thing that rubs me it is superiority.
I would have let you know the correct way had I made full comment!
Good deal.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
I like...
'We only begin to learn when we know nothing'... it is an amazing place to be. We really do begin...
I do understand perspective.
Don't worry.
I figured so.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
I have a dry humor at times...
hahaa, yeah, I do too, but then again, sometimes I go far in the other direction.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
The 'joke' was USA sees me as an and Epi knows this alien.
...I know we are...
...but my iris were good enough 'to enter'... and back at head quarters before I could blink!
Yeah. I think we're all members of the human race and there shouldn't even be borders (of consequence or exclusion).
Peace_Warrior wrote:
The coral is still in the making in fine white coral calcium.
You can check my blog/profile if you too if you want more... It's there for anyone, but I'm just a self educated work in progress with CP, and don't know how to connect the e-mail on that... even tho I've paid for it!
>>>but I can know my way through a real jungle<<<
Take Care
I'll try at your blog/site, and yeah@ jungle, and jungles are everywhere.
Peace_Warrior wrote:
://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6R hMM4xlgw
I saw you asked not to be called 'writer'.
I agree 'scaritual'
Thanx for sharing your knowledge as well as a smile.
I am a Christian!
Thanks for sharing, too. I'm just me. Nice to meet you.

You know the "writer" thing was funny, although strange. I've used that on a couple friends and my son, a few times.

They gave me the weirdest looks.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#502918 Mar 13, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>boxers
Drawers

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#502919 Mar 13, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I was reading back and this caught my eye.
I've noticed something similar to what you speak of.
At times, I get the impression that there is an almost "jockeying for position" thought/goal process going on, almost as if there is a competition, and there will be special merit given, attention or favor for those who are a "Better Christian".
Whether it's by "souls brought to the lorrrrd" or by inspiring others to follow the "better method of believing"<(ain't that a hoot).
Similar to:
<Bob Average> "IS THAT A JONAH ROLEX YOU'RE WEARING?"
<Bob Spectacular> "Yep, waterproof to 660 ft, and it's signed on the back by Jonah"
<Bob Average> " Maaauun...I wish I could have gotten one of those. I KNEW I should have treated people better!"
Anyway.
Do any Christians here have a thought concerning this?
Do you think some Christians have that mindset?
Are you one of them?
I'm curious.
My only thought on this is that I would like to believe that the further along the hard Christian road one travels... without complaint for choosing it... would be there is more compassion.
But... have found this.

A 'parable'

A new tree is happy to be watered, and gives off lots of bubble.
Only time will tell if it can withstand the test of time.

A fixed dry unbendable tree is unaware their roots are drying out... by dogma only... and are totally waterproof at that level
only.

The regrettable one will most probably be the tallest tree... and have that air in the leaves of one called deciduous.
'The Book of Life'

mmmmmmmmm

Where does that leave me?
In the firing line...

Annie J and I are accustomed to being stoned.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#502920 Mar 13, 2013
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>boxers
OK you have different terms for same purpose!
good one Bro.

When you're ready.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#502921 Mar 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Dry Roasted Grasshoppers
Spread fresh, frozen and cleaned insects on paper towels on a cookie sheet.
Bake at 200° for 1-2 hours until desired state
of dryness is reached.
Check state of dryness by attempting to crush insect with spoon.
==========
Garlic Butter Fried Grasshoppers
1/4 cup butter
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup cleaned insects*
Melt butter in fry pan.
Reduce heat.
Saute garlic in butter for 5 minutes.
Add insects.
Continue sauteing for 10 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
==========
Grasshopper Fritters
3/4 cup sifted flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3/4 c milk
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 c grasshoppers
1 pt. heavy cream beaten stiff
Sift flour, baking powder and salt together into a bowl.
Slowly add milk and beat until smooth.
Add egg and beat well.
Pluck off grasshopper wings and legs, heads optional.
Dip insects in egg batter and deep fry.
Salt and serve.
And who said we looked like them on earth?
"...and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers..."
Isaiah 40:22

>>>smile<<<

Do you want one for spiders too?
Luv U Bro
Take Care and thanx for those!

God Bless
I did leave you another post +- 24 hours?

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#502922 Mar 13, 2013
>>> later ? <<<

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#502923 Mar 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for saying so.
I confess: I know how to be funny, and I love to share my humor and make others laugh along with me. Is that so bad?
That's a good thing, no? It's the most pleasure I can impart to a fellow human being without touching them.
No harm in making people laugh Ians. Thanks. I like to laugh and I like to make people laugh too. Thanks Ians. Have a great night.

Location hidden

#502924 Mar 13, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Honey-spiced Locusts
Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
pinch of salt
1 cup cleaned insects (we used freeze dried crickets from Amazon)
2 Tbs. honey
1 tsp. Aleppo pepper, mixed in with the honey
Melt your butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the insects and and salt and stir gently for around 10 minutes, making sure to get them completely covered in butter.
When the bugs are suitably crisped, drizzle the spice-honey over them and stir a bit more. Then spread them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and cook for around 10 minutes at 200 F, until the bugs are no longer quite so sticky.
http://www.innatthecrossroads.com/2011/09/11/...
If you haven't seen the full length one man act of 'St. John in exile'/Dean Jones, you should get a gimps in this funny and very engrossing DVD also Grace.
You are at an advantage to find it in Amazon there with no shipping costs.
I see these things happening - eg the locusts, and Lil Whisper announced it in here the other day – some say the 1st of it's kind since just prior to the passover with Moses – as is the time of the passover in Israel now - but... as they go down as one of the 4 wisest creatures in the OT mentioned...'they' haven't told me this is another 'sign' yet.
>>>smile<<<
When the seventh thunder sounds...
Revelation 10:4 (ESV)
4 And when the seven thunders had sounded, I was about to write, but I heard a voice from heaven saying,“Seal up what the seven thunders have said, and do not write it down.”
So 'those things are not in print yet... except in
Daniel
9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
God Bless you Sister.

Did you get my last post to you? If so, I'm just catching up... so will get there.
Yum Yum..LOL I think I will pass on the recipe PW. Just the thought of frying insects just doesnt appeal to me. I won't even eat deer meat just becuase I dont buy them in the grocery store. I will stick with chicken, beef and pork and fish. HAHA. In the USA, everything is suppose to taste like "chicken"..Does locust taste like chicken? LOL Have a blessed night sister and God Bless

Location hidden

#502925 Mar 13, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I dunno about that. Can't a Christian have multiple priorities? Having a goal of fulfilling John 13:34 doesn't cut in to the goal of getting into heaven. In fact, I'd argue that it's pretty immoral to disregard other people in this life and focus solely, and indeed selfishly, only on salvation later.
<quoted text>
Arguably, the only thing the Bible says you need for salvation is faith. Of course, that whole saved-by-faith or saved-by-works thing has never been resolved...not to mention Paul's frankly crazy observation that women are saved by giving birth, because of the sin of Eve. But ANYWAY. I often quote Galatians 5:22-23, where Paul describes the effects of the Holy Spirit on the faithful. So you may not need those virtues to be saved, but presumably a faithful Christian will engender them increasingly as their life and faith go on.
<quoted text>

No worries.:)
Hi,
Just wanted to say again that you know a whole lot about the scriptures and I often agree with you. I belioeve we are saved by faith and that will produce all the other virtues. I admire your way of debating. We can all learn a lot from each other if thats what we are here for. I also admire you for being honest and openminded. Have a great night

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#502926 Mar 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yum Yum..LOL I think I will pass on the recipe PW. Just the thought of frying insects just doesnt appeal to me. I won't even eat deer meat just becuase I dont buy them in the grocery store. I will stick with chicken, beef and pork and fish. HAHA. In the USA, everything is suppose to taste like "chicken"..Does locust taste like chicken? LOL Have a blessed night sister and God Bless
I saw people eating scorpion "kebabs" at street food stands in Beijing. Little scorpions, about six to a stick.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#502927 Mar 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>:)

I see that with you long time. The discussion is the attraction.

If Jesus say is YHWH make the believer, why then a Christian going to think they can make the believer? And when God make the believer, is a joke to me to see a unbeliever try and change a mind that God made into a follower.

It futile on both side. But I guess it get they adrenaline rushing on high when they do it. So I just watch them in amusement.
Exactly :-)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#502928 Mar 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
When is it ever any different? And who is it that is labeling some of us brother and sister while excluding the rest? That's Jesus' kids doing that.
<quoted text>
LOL. O holy! O so holy! Praise him!
Why not shit-can all of that nonsense? What part is worth preserving? Christianity is obviously an intellectual and moral dead end, and should be allowed to die without resistance.
Never blame a shoe because a few million couch potatoes use them for a door stop. Rather admire those who use them as tools to navigate the world...or just look wonderful in stilletos. <smile>

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#502929 Mar 13, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>You haven't the vaguest knowledge about gay people, yet you presume to stereotype and attack them. It certainly suggests you may lack credibility on other subjects too, such as love, for example.
So, can it be said then, that those who presume to stereotype and attack Christian individuals, lack credibility?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#502930 Mar 13, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
And who said we looked like them on earth?
"...and its inhabitants are like grasshoppers..."
Isaiah 40:22
>>>smile<<<
Do you want one for spiders too?
Luv U Bro
Take Care and thanx for those!
God Bless
I did leave you another post +- 24 hours?
Uh...no thanks on the spider recipes. I appreciate it, though. And you're very welcome, too. And, apparently, I missed your post...again. I'll be sure to go through, say, the last 2-days, so I can reply. Sorry about that.

Until next time...

May the shalowm of our 'Elohiym, Yahoweh wa Yahowshua ha'Mashiyach, remain with you and yours.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#502931 Mar 13, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>You're still under the mistaken impression that the reason any atheist is here, is to change the theist into an atheist.

If that's what you think, you are wrong.

Keep your belief(S).
Maybe not you Scar...

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#502932 Mar 13, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I admitted what now?

What does Jesus say about lying?
It's very naughty :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 63,750
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Liamm 653,910
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 16 min andet1987 2,577
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 26 min -Scare__ Crow- 3,803
Why do guys lie to women so much about marriage? 57 min Deceived by guy 1
Does anyone know Darrin Neuling?? 1 hr Deceived by guy 1
$$$ Fedz Pimping Poisonous Meat - Don't Buy! 1 hr HiddnNumbrz 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 281,858
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr pusherman_ 973,748
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 hr lightbeamrider 106,490
More from around the web