Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#502806 Mar 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The way I heard it, it was weather forecast for tonight, dark, followed by tomorrow.
L.A. marathon Sunday, are you ready?
.. SG marathon in October. Went running around Zion's switchbacks all day yesterday. Getting ready for our big event ..

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#502807 Mar 13, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
As they placed that crown of thorns upon His precious head and blood streamed down his face -- yes I need that to stay humble --+ The thought of the pain endured makes me cringe....-- OSG
"...Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness..."

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#502808 Mar 13, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. SG marathon in October. Went running around Zion's switchbacks all day yesterday. Getting ready for our big event ..
We have a Pope!!

I heard it's a guy.

#502809 Mar 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a hard thing to remember when one is fighting to have their voice heard.
In all honesty...that is what it boils down to...being heard. The other part of that "in all honesty" is...we hope to change peoples minds...find someone to agree with us...to validate our own beliefs.
We might deny that but IMO...why else would we come to a discussion/opinion site and fight for our own perspectives as we do?
Some might say they come for the pleasantries but really...are there any pleasantries on a site such as Topix? Very few IMO and they get covered up by all those opinions/discussions! LOL I gave up on those pleasantries some time ago...at least most of them and have the rest of them sitting at the front door ready to go to the recycling bin!
Oh well...it is what it is...I suppose.
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Ians, I am a little different I guess. You made me laugh again!! You are getting very good at this, aren't you?:)
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
...Speaking for myself, your claim about my intentions for coming on these threads as an atheist is quite wrong.
"...I dare not trust the sweetest flame, I mean,'FRAME'..."

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#502810 Mar 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Which Biblical 'death'? The one where he laid down for a couple days and got up or the one where he wandered around for 40 days then went to heaven ?

In either case He is dead now, just like everyone else.
Pick one. I'm not fussed.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#502811 Mar 13, 2013
wilderide wrote:
A "help-meet" may not do it all, but they still take orders, and are subjugated and inferior.
I don't see how keeping one gender subjugated to the other helps with "confusion", nor do I see the logic in choosing men to the superior necessarily. Would it not also avoid "confusion" to make men subjugated to women?
Forgive me, wilderide, but what I'm about to say is meant not to disrespect you in the slightest. If anything, we've always held a certain civility toward one another, and I would appreciate it if it could stay that way. Anyway...

I'm really not up to the task-- answering questions that will, most likely, be followed by more questions and with no end in sight. I think it's safe to assume that these questions are not asked because unbelievers are genuinely interested in becoming believers. Rather, it seems that these questions are only asked to serve as an attempt to convince believers of our supposed "ignorance(s)." It seems that unbelievers find pleasure in inquiring about either, doctrines that not all believers agree on, or doctrines that unbelievers perceive as "trivial." In this, I can easily share with you what's explained in the bible regarding your question. But, what profit will come of that? Will the biblical answer bring you any closer to becoming a believer? Will the answer I provide you be reasonable enough to accept? Will my interpretation of what's written be acceptable enough to adopt as your own? You see, at times like this, I can't help but think that unbelievers are already well aware of what the bible says in regards to the questions asked, but unbelievers ask anyway. My question is "Why?" My experiences have taught me that the answer to my question is "Not to become believers."

The chance that any person begins their conscious path in life an atheist is little. Regardless of the reason(s), the great majority become atheist by conscious choice. And such transformation must be considered a step forward by all those that chose such a belief (or lack thereof). To return to theism, then, would most likely be considered a step backward, even if certain aspects argued for theism seem reasonable. In this, all men suffers pride and egotism.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#502812 Mar 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>See lady. I am of a different persuasion.

I would agree with you, if the unbelievers on here was not from Christianity.

But you all from Christianity. You all read the bible. Know the bible. Know about Jesus. Know the Gospels. Know the history of Israel and so forth.

The bible say when a person turn they back on that they last state worse than the first:

2nd Peter:
[promising them freedom while they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by what a man is overcome, by this he is enslaved.20For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world by the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and are overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first.21For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn away....]

[[[
So the bible say when a person leave the faith, the last state of them is worse than before they found the faith.

So I don't have any illusions about changing the minds of people that use to be part of the Christian Religion.

I did not mean to imply changing someone's mind is a bad thing. And I'm sure there are some believers and unbelievers that here for that.

But be assured, I'm not one of them. I believe once a person turn they back on Jesus Christ, only YHWH God can bring them back.

However I like to bash atheism and secular humanism. I think those philosophies are a evil dreadful immoral stain on the human race. And I think that has been shown on this billboard.

But if you here to change people's mind, good luck. I not knocking you for that, that your thing writer.
I agree with a lot of that. I certainly have never and will never like anyone trying to change my mind about what I believe. Because of that I wouldn't even bother to try to change anyone's mind about what they believe. Put me in the list of people who just enjoy discussion. Or just going with the flow :-)

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#502813 Mar 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
I did not mean to imply that everybody in the Catholic Church is a pedophile.
I do believe, however, that the Church, as an institution, and through its leaders worldwide, has engaged in a huge cover-up of the priest pedophilia scandals, and has done its utmost to protect the abusers from being uncovered and prosecuted, knowing that its failure to act responsibly would create additional victims.
And the reason for its horrific, inhumane record is that the Church places its "reputation", if you will, above all else. Justice, decency, and the protection of innocent children must yield to the Church's need to protect itself.
The RCC has been fuckingshitup since it's inception.

#502814 Mar 13, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Hey JLU, the Jewish people are God's chosen but now that choice have been extended to the entire human family through the shedded blood of Jesus Christ our lord and saviour, beginning with the house of Cornelius as outlined in the 10th chapter of the book of Acts, but as you probably know regardless of race, creed or color one must still put Christ on through obedience to his Word by repentance and remission of sins.
"...But wholly TRUST in Jesus’ Name..."

#502815 Mar 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>See lady. I am of a different persuasion.
I would agree with you, if the unbelievers on here was not from Christianity.
But you all from Christianity. You all read the bible. Know the bible. Know about Jesus. Know the Gospels. Know the history of Israel and so forth.
The bible say when a person turn they back on that they last state worse than the first:
2nd Peter:
[promising them freedom while they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by what a man is overcome, by this he is enslaved.20For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world by the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and are overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first.21For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn away....]
[[[
So the bible say when a person leave the faith, the last state of them is worse than before they found the faith.
So I don't have any illusions about changing the minds of people that use to be part of the Christian Religion.
I did not mean to imply changing someone's mind is a bad thing. And I'm sure there are some believers and unbelievers that here for that.
But be assured, I'm not one of them. I believe once a person turn they back on Jesus Christ, only YHWH God can bring them back.
However I like to bash atheism and secular humanism. I think those philosophies are a evil dreadful immoral stain on the human race. And I think that has been shown on this billboard.
But if you here to change people's mind, good luck. I not knocking you for that, that your thing writer.
"...On Christ the solid Rock I STAND!..."

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#502816 Mar 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a Pope!!
I heard it's a guy.
I think they need a wardrobe change...those helmets with those sharp points could be dangerous! Can you imagine being headbumped by one of those?

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#502817 Mar 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
No. But there would be less strife.
I don’t know <<shrugs>> possibly. I have to wonder if the focus would just shift to something else to argue/fight about.

#502818 Mar 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
When is it ever any different? And who is it that is labeling some of us brother and sister while excluding the rest? That's Jesus' kids doing that.
<quoted text>
LOL. O holy! O so holy! Praise him!
Why not shit-can all of that nonsense? What part is worth preserving? CHRISTIANITY is obviously an intellectual and moral dead end, and should be ALLOWED TO DIE without resistance.
"...All other ground is sinking sand..."
Hitler wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hitler: The best thing is to LET CHRISTIANITY DIE a natural death.... When understanding of the universe has become widespread... Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity.... Christianity has reached the peak of absurdity.... And that's why someday its structure will collapse.......the only way to get rid of Christianity is to allow it to die little by little.... Christianity the liar.... We'll see to it that the Churches cannot spread abroad teachings in conflict with the interests of the State." (p 49-52)...14th October 1941
"...All other ground IS sinking saaa-aaaand."

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#502819 Mar 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Forgive me, wilderide, but what I'm about to say is meant not to disrespect you in the slightest. If anything, we've always held a certain civility toward one another, and I would appreciate it if it could stay that way. Anyway...
I'm really not up to the task-- answering questions that will, most likely, be followed by more questions and with no end in sight. I think it's safe to assume that these questions are not asked because unbelievers are genuinely interested in becoming believers. Rather, it seems that these questions are only asked to serve as an attempt to convince believers of our supposed "ignorance(s)." It seems that unbelievers find pleasure in inquiring about either, doctrines that not all believers agree on, or doctrines that unbelievers perceive as "trivial." In this, I can easily share with you what's explained in the bible regarding your question. But, what profit will come of that? Will the biblical answer bring you any closer to becoming a believer? Will the answer I provide you be reasonable enough to accept? Will my interpretation of what's written be acceptable enough to adopt as your own? You see, at times like this, I can't help but think that unbelievers are already well aware of what the bible says in regards to the questions asked, but unbelievers ask anyway. My question is "Why?" My experiences have taught me that the answer to my question is "Not to become believers."
The chance that any person begins their conscious path in life an atheist is little. Regardless of the reason(s), the great majority become atheist by conscious choice. And such transformation must be considered a step forward by all those that chose such a belief (or lack thereof). To return to theism, then, would most likely be considered a step backward, even if certain aspects argued for theism seem reasonable. In this, all men suffers pride and egotism.
True thing writer. You see and recognize the futility and the madness of the endeavor.

#502820 Mar 13, 2013
Have a good one...

:)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#502821 Mar 13, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
"...On Christ the solid Rock I STAND!..."
any other ground
(philosophy/religion),
is sinking sand.

Stand firm indeed.

Ann Arbor, MI

#502822 Mar 13, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You mean towards you? Why are you such a crybaby and always trying to get people to protect you and fight youjr battles? Just because you found a few weak-willed people to do it up till now elsewhere you still haven't seem to grasp that nobody in here wants the job. why would any christian want to spend all day wiping the butt of a whiny Christian bigot? They also can see your behavior and motives easily. Sorry 'doctor' looks like you might have to man up in here and explain your lies instead of running to the group you hate on for help. What a baby you are
Skom, he was responding to me because we are having a discussion about Christians admonishing others for bad behavior. You and I are aware that we have had this discussion in the past, but he is not. As you know I do not agree with the way that you at times respond to others on here. In the past we came to an agreement to disagree on the subject. While I do not wish to argue with you, I would honestly like to know what you hope to gain from the discussion deteriorating past this level? I was given links to the discussion, I can read the breakdown and in knowing (as well as anyone can know someone in topix) you I can read where you found offence. May I ask if you understand why he has become offended?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#502823 Mar 13, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
"...All other ground is sinking sand..."
<quoted text>
"...All other ground IS sinking saaa-aaaand."

how did that work out for Hitler?

He long dead and gone and Christianity is thriving all over the world.

And that what happen to all that say Christianity will die. They the ones end up dead, and the religion lives on..STRONG.

LOL. so good it is..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#502824 Mar 13, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with a lot of that. I certainly have never and will never like anyone trying to change my mind about what I believe. Because of that I wouldn't even bother to try to change anyone's mind about what they believe. Put me in the list of people who just enjoy discussion. Or just going with the flow :-)

I see that with you long time. The discussion is the attraction.

If Jesus say is YHWH make the believer, why then a Christian going to think they can make the believer? And when God make the believer, is a joke to me to see a unbeliever try and change a mind that God made into a follower.

It futile on both side. But I guess it get they adrenaline rushing on high when they do it. So I just watch them in amusement.

Ann Arbor, MI

#502825 Mar 13, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree NS4M.....AJ used to share her feelings (especially when she would talk to Ham every morning)and felt comfortable T-mailing.....But this thread has become so jaded that a person is afraid to trust anyone....She has been pulled over the coals a few times....I understand ....
Sigh.....Kinda Sad
He Epi, good to ready you! That is why I try to show my support of the folks that I read to be open and honest on here. AnnieJ and I do not agree on quite a few things, but I respect her and what she stands for. The more honest of posters tend to get smacked at the most (in my opinion) because they are sharing who they are, and some see it as a weakness instead of a strength. Much harder to take a smack at your person, than a simple opinion.

I hope you are having a wonderful day today!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min bagittagit 980,038
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min Bongo 99,697
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min guest 670,157
No Walls! Don't fence Me In! 18 min bad bob 20
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 48 min WildWeirdWillie 184,257
jones-tardy family reunion 2017 1 hr JonesTardy2017 1
____*antichrist & israel march 2017____ 1 hr YTube2017News 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr chazmo 286,432
More from around the web