Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#502745 Mar 13, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Good evening Trifectal, I agree with your post about many alledged churches are trying to sell Christianity for profit, they can never sell the Lord Jesus Christ in reality because only HE can draw men and women unto him, and his sheep will hear his voice and respond, and I agree up to an extent about the tribesman but I still maintain that God will find a way to get the Word to an honest heart and sincere heart, be it by a pastor or servant in person or by multimedia i.e. television, radio, internet etc, so essentially we are saying the same thing but a little differently, I too believe that God can sustain that person to a point without the Word, but to truly grow in Christ and to be able to put on the whole armor of God.........then at some point they are going to have to receive the sincere milk of the Word, remember Jesus said that my people perish from a LACK of knowledge.
I've enjoyed corresponding with you, have a Blessed night.
I agree.

Growth require scriptures, no doubt 'bout that.

Question is, will there be ever a time on this earth, where every inhabitant will have access to either radio or tv or internet or newspaper or magazine or even a gathering of believers called a church?

I don't believe there will be a time on this planet where we will have 100% literacy. So there will be always be the tribes people or some remote village or people that will never learn to read.

Although there are gigantic ministries like joyce meyer, benny hinn and others that are in most countries...I don't think there is a ministry that is in every country.

I could be wrong there because technology has come so far I would not be shocked if a ministry was in every country. Getting it to every single human though I think is still challenging.

Radio to me is the best hope. you don't have to know how to read. However a tribe leader or village elder that is in the remote parts of the world, all the gospel needs is one person that comes in contact with that remote village or tribe to understand the gospel, even if they can't read. They have they own communication methods to have the people understand.

So there is still quite of work to do regarding Jesus' commandment and the great commission. Yrs I think before completion. But is the goal closer? definitely yes.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#502746 Mar 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Nor did billions of people in the history of Mankind.
What's deserve got to do with it. The death of Jesus, as the Bible goes, was temporary, symbolic and had a specific purpose. As for anyone else, inevitable.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#502747 Mar 13, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Michael is like the thread Mosquito.....
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ....... SPLAT
LOL
No! Not you, Epilady. You are better than that.

You lower yourself to the level of the cockroach Christians like Dim, Derp, and Dr. Shrink with comments like that.

In continuing with the them of the difference between Christian culture and humanist culture, can you point to a post where one of the "group" or whatever we are called these days - River Tam, Wilderide, Hiding, Happy Lesbo, Catcher, Scaritual, Tide, etc.- have depicted you as something low and worthy of being killed?

Even when I refer to all of you in terms of a hive, I am only describing the way you respond to us "outsiders," not that I think that you are less human than I am, or that I want you stepped on or swatted.

Do yourself a favor and stifle such thinking. I know that you come by it honestly in your walk with the Lord. You are taught to see us as less than human. After all, we're infected with devils, right? And what is presented to you as the essence of perfect love and justice - your god - allegedly considers us appropriate to torture forever. So it's natural that you would see non-Christians as vermin fit to be exterminated.

That may seem righteous and holy to other believers, but it demeans you in the eyes of non-Christians. I am really sorry to have read such words coming from an otherwise classy lady like you. I think that you are being taught badly.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#502748 Mar 13, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
In dirt? Oh, no, in a wooden box then dirt? Just a guess...
LOL

What about cremation ?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#502749 Mar 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
The other part of that "in all honesty" is...we hope to change peoples minds...find someone to agree with us...to validate our own beliefs.
We might deny that but IMO...why else would we come to a discussion/opinion site and fight for our own perspectives as we do?
I don't agree with that. Some may be here to change minds, but not all.

Some Christians here may be just here to talk about Jesus with other believers.

Some Christians here like to write the bible on the billboard.

Some Christians here like like to discuss different philosophies and beliefs.

Some Christians here for reasons we don't know.

Some unbelievers may be here to change minds.

Some unbelievers are here because they still slaves to the religion they gave up because of insecurity.

Some unbelievers hate Christianity, think it a myth and want to bash it.

Some unbelievers hate the universal Church in Rome.

So some may be here to [change] people's mind as you say. But not all are here to change people's mind.

The only mind you can be sure of the reason they here on this billboard, is your mind.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#502750 Mar 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>LOL

What about cremation ?
Also an option.

Fennario

#502751 Mar 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I generally refer to "a god" or to "your god." I seldom use the word in the capitalized form, which is generally in reference to a particular named god. When I do, it is generally an attempt to clarify what another poster means by "God" as in the phrase, "If by 'God' you mean Jehovah-Jesus ... " : http://snipurl.com/26lg00b

The minimum requirement for a god as most monotheists mean it, and therefore, as most of the rest of us understand the word when we hear it, is a sentient, potent, volitional creator of the universe.
In Christianity, the god has additional attributes, such as ruler of the universe, judge of man, source of moral law, author of a bible, monarch in heaven, immortal, extratemporal, perfect, and ubiquitous. This appears to be what most people mean by "God."
G_O_D wrote:
So you define "god" as an anthropomorphic supernatural being ?
I don't think so. I don't think that I gave it human characteristics.

Keep in mind that what I am defining is what I think most people mean when they use the word "god" or "God." My definition would acknowledge that such creatures might not exist.

Obviously, sometimes people mean other things that a universe creating deity when they say "god" - like non-creator entities such as Athena, or even distinguished men like a pharaoh or Eric Clapton.

What I have described is not man-like at all. It might be called an agent - it possesses agency. But this being is otherwise not like a human being at all. Isn't that what anthropomorphic implies - manlike?
G_O_D wrote:
Christianity has obfuscated their deities by calling only the 'Father Deity' a "God" and never use "god" for any of the other deities. In this way the image of monotheism remains a blamket to throw over the rest of the pantheon. It is much like naming your German Shepard "dog" and refusing to acknowledge that a poodle is a dog.
I thought that I gave you a decent approximation of what is usually meant by "god" and "God." Do you find my definitions lacking?

Why did you ask? And what is your definition of these words, capitalized and not?

If you make the word vague or meaningless enough, nobody can argue that such a thing exists. Or exists.

Are you familiar with the term "ignosticism"? From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism :

[Ignosticism] can be defined as encompassing two related views about the existence of God:

The view that a coherent definition of God must be presented before the question of the existence of God can be meaningfully discussed. Furthermore, if that definition is unfalsifiable, the ignostic takes the theological noncognitivist position that the question of the existence of God (per that definition) is meaningless. In this case, the concept of God is not considered meaningless; the term "God" is considered meaningless.

The second view is synonymous with theological noncognitivism, and skips the step of first asking "What is meant by 'God'?" before proclaiming the original question "Does God exist?" as meaningless.

==========

What this means is that if one cannot give an operational definition of god - that is, if one cannot provide a definition of the word "God" in terms of "the specific process or set of validation tests used to determine its presence and quantity" or "in terms of the operations that count as measuring it" - discussion of the topic is meaningless metaphysical masturbation.

Fennario

#502752 Mar 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
For me, it's entertainment. Those old, sheltered men, dressed in clown suits, engaging in ludicrous antics, the smoke signals, secrecy, one huge joke on themselves and their flock of sheep. And for what? To head up an international pedophile crime syndicate.
Although I find the spectacle less intriguing than you do, I can appreciate that feel otherwise. Those people repulse me. I don't even want to look at them.

I should add that I'm glad that this is happening, even if I don't care to follow the blow by blow or watch the cardinals parading by in their gowns and Prada shoes.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#502753 Mar 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Like a Moshe Dayan ?
<smile>
Uuuuuuhhhhh....yeah, just like that!

<Looks up Dayan on Wikipedia>

:)

Fennario

#502754 Mar 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Nurse !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =SpS3eFqhxSQXX
I remember her! That's the nurse whose blouse popped open while doing chest compressions on the opposite side of the bed from me. How was I supposed to work after that?

Fennario

#502755 Mar 13, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
It won't be long,America,and the rest of the world,the Vatican should be announcing their choice for the False Prophet,uh,I mean,the next Pope,any day now.
O holy! O so very holy!

San Francisco

#502756 Mar 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Such order was supposed to keep confusion at bay. What it doesn't mean, though, is that women are supposed to act as servants to men. A "help-meet" assists- not do it all.
A "help-meet" may not do it all, but they still take orders, and are subjugated and inferior.

I don't see how keeping one gender subjugated to the other helps with "confusion", nor do I see the logic in choosing men to the superior necessarily. Would it not also avoid "confusion" to make men subjugated to women?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#502757 Mar 13, 2013
The Lord has assigned to each his task.
Only God makes things Grow.

The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose and each will be rewarded according to his own labor.

For we are God's fellow workers;you are God's field,God's building.

Fennario

#502759 Mar 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Galatians 5:13 My friends, you were chosen to be free. So don't use your freedom as an excuse to do anything you want.
Grace. This is not good here. If you are free, you can do as you please. I am not that free.

Those of us governed by a conscience that punishes us with guilt and shame - and that excuses the self-forgiving Christians - are not free to do anything we want. We hold ourselves accountable.

I simply could not kill or hurt you without cause. My moral compass inhibits me form doing that. There would be no forgiveness of myself by me if I did.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#502760 Mar 13, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't agree with that. Some may be here to change minds, but not all.
Some Christians here may be just here to talk about Jesus with other believers.
Some Christians here like to write the bible on the billboard.
Some Christians here like like to discuss different philosophies and beliefs.
Some Christians here for reasons we don't know.
Some unbelievers may be here to change minds.
Some unbelievers are here because they still slaves to the religion they gave up because of insecurity.
Some unbelievers hate Christianity, think it a myth and want to bash it.
Some unbelievers hate the universal Church in Rome.
So some may be here to [change] people's mind as you say. But not all are here to change people's mind.
The only mind you can be sure of the reason they here on this billboard, is your mind.
Since this is an opinion/discussion forum I fully expected that there would be some that would disagree.

I found it interesting...

Christians here for the following reasons...

To talk about Jesus
To write the Bible on the billboard
To discuss different philosophies and beliefs
Reasons unknown.

Yet...

Unbelievers are here for these reasons...

To change minds.
Slaves to the religion they gave up because of insecurity
Hate Christianity, think it a myth and want to bash it
Hate the universal Church in Rome.

I wonder if you see what you have done. I also wonder if that is your reason for being here.

I am of the opinion that even the most gentlest of Christians hope that through their kindness and love that they will change to minds of an unbeliever to follow Christ.

Not only were you biased in your above reasons for being here you also attached a negative view on the changing a person's mind. I never indicated that trying to change a person's mind was negative.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#502762 Mar 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
While there is a problem of pedophilia in the Catholic church I don't think that it is any more right to label them all based on the actions of a few.
Does it sound familiar Catcher?
Is it really any different than "them" implying that all gays are pedophiles because of the actions of a few?
I am finding it too easy to become that monster that I fight.
I did not mean to imply that everybody in the Catholic Church is a pedophile.

I do believe, however, that the Church, as an institution, and through its leaders worldwide, has engaged in a huge cover-up of the priest pedophilia scandals, and has done its utmost to protect the abusers from being uncovered and prosecuted, knowing that its failure to act responsibly would create additional victims.

And the reason for its horrific, inhumane record is that the Church places its "reputation", if you will, above all else. Justice, decency, and the protection of innocent children must yield to the Church's need to protect itself.

Fennario

#502763 Mar 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Jesus did not deserve to die
Only if you consider capital punishment wrong in every case.

But your Jesus was convicted of two very different capital crimes by two very different courts and sentenced to death by both. If anybody deserved to die at the hand of the state, why not him?

How about the people on the crosses next to him? Did they deserve death more than Jesus?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#502765 Mar 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Please elaborate, Serah. Do you consider spirituality and atheism inconsistent or mutually exclusive? We've discussed this point on this thread within the last several weeks. Did you see any of that?
Thanks for that. I'm so naive. Here I thought she was praising my post....

San Francisco

#502767 Mar 13, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
because man doesn't have vagina,
you are incredible primitive and stupid
A vagina makes one eligible for subjugation?

San Francisco

#502768 Mar 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Proverbs 10:11
The mouth of a righteous man is a well of life: but violence covers the mouth of the wicked.
I sure agree with that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Turkey 865,927
Renzenberger : STEALING MILLIONS from their dri... 8 min s_cross_pavoniayard 13
The Christian Atheist debate 8 min ChristineM 2,086
Christianity is fading away... 18 min Truthiness 14
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min USA Born 600,182
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 6,316
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr MUQ2 40,904
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 272,443
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 5 hr Malcolm 46
More from around the web