Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#502725 Mar 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Where do Christians go as soon as they die ?
There are 12 dimensions. Different strokes fer different folks.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#502727 Mar 13, 2013
Bedouin children play as a swarm of locusts arrive over their vilage in the Negev desert near the Egyptian-Israeli border on March 12, 2013 at the Bedouin village of Bir Hadage, Israel. Egypt and Israel have been swarmed with millions of locusts over the past few days, causing widespread disturbance..http://photoblog. nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/12/1 7287206-swarming-locusts-desce nd-on-israel?lite

Location hidden

#502728 Mar 13, 2013

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#502730 Mar 13, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
For me, it's entertainment. Those old, sheltered men, dressed in clown suits, engaging in ludicrous antics, the smoke signals, secrecy, one huge joke on themselves and their flock of sheep. And for what? To head up an international pedophile crime syndicate.
While there is a problem of pedophilia in the Catholic church I don't think that it is any more right to label them all based on the actions of a few.

Does it sound familiar Catcher?

Is it really any different than "them" implying that all gays are pedophiles because of the actions of a few?

I am finding it too easy to become that monster that I fight.

Location hidden

#502731 Mar 13, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Shut your stupid mouth,you stupid honeybadger.
G is always on here critizing Christians for our beliefs. He goes on and on about Christians and how we except everyone to believe as we do and how we believe that our belief is the only right belief but then turns right around and does the same thing toward his belief. He is just like the christians and religious people but doesn't see it.

Location hidden

#502732 Mar 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
While there is a problem of pedophilia in the Catholic church I don't think that it is any more right to label them all based on the actions of a few.
Does it sound familiar Catcher?
Is it really any different than "them" implying that all gays are pedophiles because of the actions of a few?
I am finding it too easy to become that monster that I fight.
Hi Annie..Excellent post and a great reminder for me also. Its easy to forget what we are fighting for sometime and become side tracted. I always try to remember that when I point a finger at someone, I have 3 pointing back at me. Thank You Annie

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#502733 Mar 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Your problem is that you limit your view.
Believers visit Topix to share, debate, and anything else with hopes that our discussions will bring us closer to one another. Unfortunately and more times than not, some find it difficult maintaining composure, especially when one that claims to be a believer spews nothing but hatred and insults toward almost all others that claim to fly the same banner.
First off...I find it appalling that one Christian will tell another that they are not "saved" simply because they do not agree. For me...I find that just as disturbing as the things that are said to non-Christians. I usually take a break from this thread when it is brother/sister against brother/sister.

Despite what some may think...I do not want to see anyone's faith destroyed. The battles between believers do more along those lines than me simply disagreeing with parts of your faith.

I wonder at times...

I have come to the conclusion that often those battles are nothing more than jockeying for a place in line to enter those pearly gates. After all...if someone is wrong and the other person is right...you might lose your place in line.

I remember as a child...the old debate on sprinkle vs dunking...if you didn't get it right...you were probably bound for hell. I remember thinking...does it really matter??? Isn't baptism just an outward sign of commitment??? Would Jesus really get all up in arms about something as simple as sprinkle vs submersion???

I think...if one can prove themselves to know "truth" then their good to go...got that ticket in hand...they will be first in line. To be first...you have to knock a few out of the way...let the "true" Christian through.

At least that is the way it appears at times...IMO.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#502734 Mar 13, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Shut your stupid mouth,you stupid honeybadger.
Whatevere, atheist.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#502735 Mar 13, 2013
TIM958 wrote:
I guess what bothers me about the evolution of this thread is the change of the topic from the design of atonement to anything but the design of the atonement. Why should Jesus love me? Because I was given to Him by the father to be included in His eternal plan.
6 "I have manifested Your name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world; they were Yours and You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word. 7 Now they have come to know that everything You have given Me is from You; 8 for the words which You gave Me I have given to them; and they received them and truly understood that I came forth from You, and they believed that You sent Me. 9 I ask on their behalf; I do not ask on behalf of the world, but of those whom You have given Me; for they are Yours; 10 and all things that are Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine; and I have been glorified in them. 11 I am no longer in the world; and yet they themselves are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep them in Your name, the name which You have given Me, that they may be one even as We are. 12 While I was with them, I was keeping them in Your name which You have given Me; and I guarded them and not one of them perished but the [fn3] son of perdition, so that the Scripture would be fulfilled.
Why you say evolution?

The name of the billboard is the same, that not change. The discussion may vary from day to day, but that not have any factor on the name of the billboard.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#502736 Mar 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Bedouin children play as a swarm of locusts arrive over their vilage in the Negev desert near the Egyptian-Israeli border on March 12, 2013 at the Bedouin village of Bir Hadage, Israel. Egypt and Israel have been swarmed with millions of locusts over the past few days, causing widespread disturbance..http://photoblog. nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/12/1 7287206-swarming-locusts-desce nd-on-israel?lite
Locusts are edible and often better for ryou than the crops they eat.

Many species of locusts are kosher as well. A common food when fasting according to the Bible.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#502738 Mar 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
G is always on here critizing Christians for our beliefs. He goes on and on about Christians and how we except everyone to believe as we do and how we believe that our belief is the only right belief but then turns right around and does the same thing toward his belief. He is just like the christians and religious people but doesn't see it.
I don't criticize you for your beliefs. I criticize you for your ignorance and deceit.

Now where did I ever tell you that you have to believe Jesus is the Atonement for all Mankind ? That is my belief.

Where did I tell you you have to believe in one God ? That is my belief.

That's pretty much it for my beliefs. The rest is comparative literature, history and common sense in a word "Fatcs". You know the things you hate. LOL

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#502739 Mar 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
You are Jewish by birth ?
Epiphany2 wrote:
By "Graft"
I've heard "shiksas" - meaning gentile women, if you're unfamiliar with the term - call themselves "Jewish by injection."

From http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php... :

Jewish by injection - a term used to describe a gentile, or non-Jew, who engages in intercourse with a Jew one or more times, thereby, becoming somewhat of an honorary Jew of sorts.

"Have you met my new girlfriend?"
"No. She's hot. Is she Jewish?"
"She is now, man. Jewish by injection!"
"Right on!"

Fennario

#502740 Mar 13, 2013
Catcher wrote:
The concept of spirituality I do share, I'd say I have spiritual experiences daily. The concept of a god for that, at least for me, is unnecessary. Read some early Wordsworth poetry and you may capture it.
Serah wrote:
In some ways, this posting is amazing :)
Please elaborate, Serah. Do you consider spirituality and atheism inconsistent or mutually exclusive? We've discussed this point on this thread within the last several weeks. Did you see any of that?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#502741 Mar 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Annie..Excellent post and a great reminder for me also. Its easy to forget what we are fighting for sometime and become side tracted. I always try to remember that when I point a finger at someone, I have 3 pointing back at me. Thank You Annie
It is a hard thing to remember when one is fighting to have their voice heard.

In all honesty...that is what it boils down to...being heard. The other part of that "in all honesty" is...we hope to change peoples minds...find someone to agree with us...to validate our own beliefs.

We might deny that but IMO...why else would we come to a discussion/opinion site and fight for our own perspectives as we do?

Some might say they come for the pleasantries but really...are there any pleasantries on a site such as Topix? Very few IMO and they get covered up by all those opinions/discussions! LOL I gave up on those pleasantries some time ago...at least most of them and have the rest of them sitting at the front door ready to go to the recycling bin!

Oh well...it is what it is...I suppose.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#502742 Mar 13, 2013
Don't you know you yourselves are God's temple and that God's spirit lives in you.

Is anyone destroys God's temple God will destroy him for God's temple is sacred and you are that temple.

Fennario

#502743 Mar 13, 2013
Serah wrote:
You are very polite Mike ~ you are not like the normal disbeliever
You too, Serah.

You are pretty polite for a Christian, not like the normal believer. You hardly ever call anybody a liar, bigot, pervert, hypocrite, backstabber, vile, abominable, the moral equivalent of a murderer or whoremonger, or appropriate to be thrown into fire while still conscious.

You're a cut above what we have grown accustomed to. Don't think that nobody has noticed, or that it isn't appreciated.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#502744 Mar 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Where do Christians go as soon as they die ?
In dirt? Oh, no, in a wooden box then dirt? Just a guess...

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#502745 Mar 13, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Good evening Trifectal, I agree with your post about many alledged churches are trying to sell Christianity for profit, they can never sell the Lord Jesus Christ in reality because only HE can draw men and women unto him, and his sheep will hear his voice and respond, and I agree up to an extent about the tribesman but I still maintain that God will find a way to get the Word to an honest heart and sincere heart, be it by a pastor or servant in person or by multimedia i.e. television, radio, internet etc, so essentially we are saying the same thing but a little differently, I too believe that God can sustain that person to a point without the Word, but to truly grow in Christ and to be able to put on the whole armor of God.........then at some point they are going to have to receive the sincere milk of the Word, remember Jesus said that my people perish from a LACK of knowledge.
I've enjoyed corresponding with you, have a Blessed night.
I agree.

Growth require scriptures, no doubt 'bout that.

Question is, will there be ever a time on this earth, where every inhabitant will have access to either radio or tv or internet or newspaper or magazine or even a gathering of believers called a church?

I don't believe there will be a time on this planet where we will have 100% literacy. So there will be always be the tribes people or some remote village or people that will never learn to read.

Although there are gigantic ministries like joyce meyer, benny hinn and others that are in most countries...I don't think there is a ministry that is in every country.

I could be wrong there because technology has come so far I would not be shocked if a ministry was in every country. Getting it to every single human though I think is still challenging.

Radio to me is the best hope. you don't have to know how to read. However a tribe leader or village elder that is in the remote parts of the world, all the gospel needs is one person that comes in contact with that remote village or tribe to understand the gospel, even if they can't read. They have they own communication methods to have the people understand.

So there is still quite of work to do regarding Jesus' commandment and the great commission. Yrs I think before completion. But is the goal closer? definitely yes.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#502746 Mar 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Nor did billions of people in the history of Mankind.
What's deserve got to do with it. The death of Jesus, as the Bible goes, was temporary, symbolic and had a specific purpose. As for anyone else, inevitable.

Fennario

#502747 Mar 13, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Michael is like the thread Mosquito.....
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ....... SPLAT
LOL
No! Not you, Epilady. You are better than that.

You lower yourself to the level of the cockroach Christians like Dim, Derp, and Dr. Shrink with comments like that.

In continuing with the them of the difference between Christian culture and humanist culture, can you point to a post where one of the "group" or whatever we are called these days - River Tam, Wilderide, Hiding, Happy Lesbo, Catcher, Scaritual, Tide, etc.- have depicted you as something low and worthy of being killed?

Even when I refer to all of you in terms of a hive, I am only describing the way you respond to us "outsiders," not that I think that you are less human than I am, or that I want you stepped on or swatted.

Do yourself a favor and stifle such thinking. I know that you come by it honestly in your walk with the Lord. You are taught to see us as less than human. After all, we're infected with devils, right? And what is presented to you as the essence of perfect love and justice - your god - allegedly considers us appropriate to torture forever. So it's natural that you would see non-Christians as vermin fit to be exterminated.

That may seem righteous and holy to other believers, but it demeans you in the eyes of non-Christians. I am really sorry to have read such words coming from an otherwise classy lady like you. I think that you are being taught badly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min VIKING BLOOD 971,637
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Pharisitic Cathol... 646,588
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min It aint necessari... 48,595
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 12 min Everybody Must Ge... 105,586
Prepare To Meet Thy God 14 min Oh No You Di-nt 3
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 37 min lil whispers 3,681
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 45 min Voyeur 38,752
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Steve III 44,682
More from around the web