Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#502771 Mar 13, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
Slim pickings... Most of you are senile right?
Not you Wilde or Tri or LW or Scar :-)
Give me time.

;)

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#502772 Mar 13, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
... The death of Jesus, as the Bible goes, was temporary,....
Which Biblical 'death'? The one where he laid down for a couple days and got up or the one where he wandered around for 40 days then went to heaven ?

In either case He is dead now, just like everyone else.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#502773 Mar 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Since this is an opinion/discussion forum I fully expected that there would be some that would disagree.
I found it interesting...
Christians here for the following reasons...
To talk about Jesus
To write the Bible on the billboard
To discuss different philosophies and beliefs
Reasons unknown.
Yet...
Unbelievers are here for these reasons...
To change minds.
Slaves to the religion they gave up because of insecurity
Hate Christianity, think it a myth and want to bash it
Hate the universal Church in Rome.
I wonder if you see what you have done. I also wonder if that is your reason for being here.
I am of the opinion that even the most gentlest of Christians hope that through their kindness and love that they will change to minds of an unbeliever to follow Christ.
Not only were you biased in your above reasons for being here you also attached a negative view on the changing a person's mind. I never indicated that trying to change a person's mind was negative.
See lady. I am of a different persuasion.

I would agree with you, if the unbelievers on here was not from Christianity.

But you all from Christianity. You all read the bible. Know the bible. Know about Jesus. Know the Gospels. Know the history of Israel and so forth.

The bible say when a person turn they back on that they last state worse than the first:

2nd Peter:
[promising them freedom while they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by what a man is overcome, by this he is enslaved.20For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world by the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and are overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first.21For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn away....]

[[[
So the bible say when a person leave the faith, the last state of them is worse than before they found the faith.

So I don't have any illusions about changing the minds of people that use to be part of the Christian Religion.

I did not mean to imply changing someone's mind is a bad thing. And I'm sure there are some believers and unbelievers that here for that.

But be assured, I'm not one of them. I believe once a person turn they back on Jesus Christ, only YHWH God can bring them back.

However I like to bash atheism and secular humanism. I think those philosophies are a evil dreadful immoral stain on the human race. And I think that has been shown on this billboard.

But if you here to change people's mind, good luck. I not knocking you for that, that your thing writer.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#502775 Mar 13, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I don't think so. I don't think that I gave it human characteristics.
Keep in mind that what I am defining is what I think most people mean when they use the word "god" or "God." My definition would acknowledge that such creatures might not exist.
Obviously, sometimes people mean other things that a universe creating deity when they say "god" - like non-creator entities such as Athena, or even distinguished men like a pharaoh or Eric Clapton.
What I have described is not man-like at all. It might be called an agent - it possesses agency. But this being is otherwise not like a human being at all. Isn't that what anthropomorphic implies - manlike?
<quoted text>
I thought that I gave you a decent approximation of what is usually meant by "god" and "God." Do you find my definitions lacking?
Why did you ask? And what is your definition of these words, capitalized and not?
If you make the word vague or meaningless enough, nobody can argue that such a thing exists. Or exists.
Are you familiar with the term "ignosticism"? From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism :
[Ignosticism] can be defined as encompassing two related views about the existence of God:
The view that a coherent definition of God must be presented before the question of the existence of God can be meaningfully discussed. Furthermore, if that definition is unfalsifiable, the ignostic takes the theological noncognitivist position that the question of the existence of God (per that definition) is meaningless. In this case, the concept of God is not considered meaningless; the term "God" is considered meaningless.
The second view is synonymous with theological noncognitivism, and skips the step of first asking "What is meant by 'God'?" before proclaiming the original question "Does God exist?" as meaningless.
==========
What this means is that if one cannot give an operational definition of god - that is, if one cannot provide a definition of the word "God" in terms of "the specific process or set of validation tests used to determine its presence and quantity" or "in terms of the operations that count as measuring it" - discussion of the topic is meaningless metaphysical masturbation.
I think your definition of "God" as non-human like is similar to my definition of "God" it is NOT the Christian definition of "God". The Christian "God(s)" is(are) human like beings with magical powers.

San Francisco

#502776 Mar 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>The Greek term, "AGAPAO," appears in all three verses.
Matthew 5:44 (with Greek rendering)
But I say unto you, AGAPAO your enemies...
Another verse that uses the same term that translates to our English "love"...
John 10:34 (with Greek rendering)
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye AGAPAO one another; as I have AGAPAO you, that ye also AGAPAO one another.
And yet another verse that uses the same term that translates to our English "love...
Matthew 22:37 (with Greek rendering)
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt AGAPAO the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Considering the last verse quoted, I can only hope you'll 1) not be so foolish as to dismiss the proper use of the verse, or 2) not diminish the meaning of the word.
In conclusion, we're expected to "AGAPAO" our enemies just like we're expected to "AGAPAO" "the Lord [our] God with all [our] heart, and with all [our] soul, and with all [our] mind," and "one another".
Wow, it's so rare to see a Christian read the texts in their original languages.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#502778 Mar 13, 2013
<quoted text>
No! Not you, Epilady. You are better than that.
You lower yourself to the level of the cockroach Christians like Dim, Derp, and Dr. Shrink with comments like that.
In continuing with the them of the difference between Christian culture and humanist culture, can you point to a post where one of the "group" or whatever we are called these days - River Tam, Wilderide, Hiding, Happy Lesbo, Catcher, Scaritual, Tide, etc.- have depicted you as something low and worthy of being killed?
Even when I refer to all of you in terms of a hive, I am only describing the way you respond to us "outsiders," not that I think that you are less human than I am, or that I want you stepped on or swatted.
Do yourself a favor and stifle such thinking. I know that you come by it honestly in your walk with the Lord. You are taught to see us as less than human. After all, we're infected with devils, right? And what is presented to you as the essence of perfect love and justice - your god - allegedly considers us appropriate to torture forever. So it's natural that you would see non-Christians as vermin fit to be exterminated.
That may seem righteous and holy to other believers, but it demeans you in the eyes of non-Christians. I am really sorry to have read such words coming from an otherwise classy lady like you. I think that you are being taught badly.
Hey there Teddy....

I don't know if you have noticed my sense of humour...but I like to laugh and joke...so sometimes my posts are different sounding.

Thanks for caring Doc....I will be fine....:-)I put all my trust in God and Jesus

Have a GREAT Day today......

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#502780 Mar 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Annie..Excellent post and a great reminder for me also. Its easy to forget what we are fighting for sometime and become side tracted. I always try to remember that when I point a finger at someone, I have 3 pointing back at me. Thank You Annie
You shouldn't have to even be fighting for anything. If you know who and what you are, then it should be a natural progression toward fruition. If you do not, you are following someone else's path, and will be incapable of fulfilling your own destiny. That is what has happened in the various churches and religions. They have misled the masses, and kept them from becoming one with the ALL.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#502781 Mar 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Believers visit Topix to share, debate, and anything else with hopes that our discussions will bring us closer to one another.

I didn't get that memo. My purpose is different.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
It's even worse when the hatred and insults derive from disagreements. And even worse than that is when atheists feel compelled to use bible verses against so-called "believers" in order to quench their negative thoughts and speech.
Compelled? I consider it a privilege to use the bible against Christianity.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Many of us feel compelled to do what we think necessary to try, to the best of our abilities, to unite our religion.
Can that be done without using words like "liar" and "back stabber"? Those aren't particularly unifying words.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
atheists feed off of all of this.
Feed? We use your own failings as arguments against your church.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
I agree. The attitudes among some of us in Topix are appalling.
Much more appalling than anything that you have seen form us unbelievers. But you don't seem to find much significance in that.

What is the unkindest comment you can find on this thread from one unbeliever to another. Let's see it. I'll bury it with dozens of vile posts from one of you to another.

The point - and you have no ammunition to refute it - is that your religion teaches you to be less human than you need to be. Humanist have a better idea - a better ideology. It's evident in our lives.

I don't expect you to even consider the possibility of that. But others will, and hence I make that argument.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
And personally, I wouldn't put myself in the same ranks for calling a person a "liar" and "backstabber" while providing evidence of their lies and betrayal.
I would. I have provided evidence of Dim lying, but don't usually call him a liar. Moron, yes, but liar, rarely.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
And frankly, if this was my normal mode of operation, then most likely, you wouldn't have had to wait so long to approached me with your concern. But, you've just now ranked me among those you oppose regularly.
Wrong.

You have no idea what goes on in my mind.

As for your normal mode, I don't know or care what that is. I am reporting on what I just saw her. I assume that that your words reflected your values and beliefs of many years or decades duration.

People like you and me will be friends some day - when your religion is dead. Until then, there is an insurmountable divide between us.

San Francisco

#502782 Mar 13, 2013
<quoted text>

Sorry, ladies, but find a single example of Happy Lesbo, Catcher, Scaritual, Tide, River Tam, Wilderide, Hiding, me, or any other regular skeptic posting here treating one another like that. You can't.
Yep!
By contrast, your religion teaches you to judge angrily. We see it a lot. It's the source of much of the intense rejection of your religion that you have seen here, much of it directed at gays, and often using the word pervert.
I've also listed many of the atheophobic scriptures for you, the ones that refer to us as vile, abominations, no good, fit for a lake of fire, and the moral equivalent of murderers and whoremongers. More of the same.
These words of hateful judgment flow from so many of you Christians like a steady river of bile whether you are directing them at us or one another.
Now it's your turn to be found unfit. Of course, when we do that, we can expect you to call us liars, bigots and hypocrites.
Obviously, any Christian who violates Jesus' clear instructions to leave the judging to God lacks the faith that God is up to the job. Simple as that.

What good is inheriting the Holy Spirit if no maturity and growth results from it?

Galatians 5:22-23

San Francisco

#502785 Mar 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Your problem is that you limit your view.
Believers visit Topix to share, debate, and anything else with hopes that our discussions will bring us closer to one another. Unfortunately and more times than not, some find it difficult maintaining composure, especially when one that claims to be a believer spews nothing but hatred and insults toward almost all others that claim to fly the same banner.
It's nice to have a superficial cordiality with others. It's far better to actually instill and inculcate a mature and respectful attitude. Is the only point of being a Christian to get to heaven after death? Or should an embrace of this ideology also make one a better person in this life too?
Atheists are born into the same divisions, but atheists don't visit religious forums and threads divided. Atheists visit religious forums and threads with a common intention, and that's to convince the religious that atheism reflects intelligence while theism reflects ignorance.
Incorrect. Atheists are no more Borg-like than Christians are. If I made a claim that all Christians universally had a single intent in a given situation, wouldn't you find that rather ridiculous? Such generalizations show a paucity of understanding.

Speaking for myself, your claim about my intentions for coming on these threads as an atheist is quite wrong.

Fennario

#502787 Mar 13, 2013
Catcher wrote:
For me, it's entertainment. Those old, sheltered men, dressed in clown suits, engaging in ludicrous antics, the smoke signals, secrecy, one huge joke on themselves and their flock of sheep. And for what? To head up an international pedophile crime syndicate.
AnnieJ wrote:
While there is a problem of pedophilia in the Catholic church I don't think that it is any more right to label them all based on the actions of a few.
Who did that? Is the Catholic church not a de facto pedophilia syndicate, even if a few priests silently disapprove?

BENEFITS OF THE PRIESTHOOD SYNDICATE OVER FREELANCE PEDOPHILIA :

[1] Procurement - the church brings the little rosy-cheeked angels right to you! And in dresses!

[2] Condoning - the clergy are experts at looking the other way.

[3] Terrorism - each little angel come preprogrammed to fear damnation. This shuts most of them up just to threaten them.

[4] Trashing the victim - if you are accused, you get a press release from the local diocese saying that the boy is a liar who is acting out in rebellion against god.

[5] Cash settlement - the church will pay the family to shut up, usually in secret; the priest admits nothing.

[6] Relocation program - if you can't shut the boys up with threats of hell, trashing them in the press or with hush money, they'll spirit you off to another parish to begin again. Nobody needs to know!

[Is this great for pedophiles or what? But wait! There's more!]

[7] Stonewalling - if a police investigation ensues, they get no help, and nobody makes the church help because - wait for it - it's the church! Subpoenas are for freelancing suckers. With the RCC, there will be more stonewalling, and perhaps no case!

[8] Bottomless defense fund - if you have to go to court, a lawyer is provided.

[9] Safe harbor - if none of the above works, you'll be spirited off to the Vatican - a political state - for sanctuary. Here's the pedophile Cardinal Law in the Vatican, already working his way up the ladder there: http://www.snapnetwork.org/news/vatican/Vatic...

Can any non-RCC priest pedophiles compete with this nine-point plan? Hell no. They pork a kid and end up in jail, and then on to some online pedophile watch list. That's for suckers! Become a priest and let the Whore of Babylon get you a boy.

==========

Why is anybody defending any of this?

Fennario

#502788 Mar 13, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
I always try to remember that when I point a finger at someone, I have 3 pointing back at me.
That's not very Christian of you.

San Francisco

#502789 Mar 13, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
read bible NT you idiot,
you are nothing for judgemental comments who deserved death more then Jesus,or this on left side,because on the right side received grace of eternal life,
ALSO HE IS IN BETTER SHAPE FROM SCUMBAG LIKE YOU
just smell my fart.PRRRRRRT
More Christ-like behavior. Why do you suppose it seems Jesus has abandoned you?

San Francisco

#502790 Mar 13, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
LOOK at your back(made vagina from your a..),use mirror to make sure if your question is proper?
I don't have a vagina, but are you implying having one is a bad thing?

Fennario

#502791 Mar 13, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
I usually take a break from this thread when it is brother/sister against brother/sister.
When is it ever any different? And who is it that is labeling some of us brother and sister while excluding the rest? That's Jesus' kids doing that.
AnnieJ wrote:
I remember as a child...the old debate on sprinkle vs dunking...if you didn't get it right...you were probably bound for hell.
LOL. O holy! O so holy! Praise him!

Why not shit-can all of that nonsense? What part is worth preserving? Christianity is obviously an intellectual and moral dead end, and should be allowed to die without resistance.

San Francisco

#502792 Mar 13, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
dr shrink is and never will"big shot" like BLL CLAIM LOUD HIS SKILLS,LANGUAGES AND 31 YEARS BIBLE STUDY,act like Pharisea cursing poor publician (dr Shrink) before God and topic bums"saints"
BLL hates you too, only his sweet lips are full of earthly vomits and Lies to deceive you,
NOT LIKE POOR DR SHRINK AGAPE LOVES YOU,AND WISH YOU TO BE CLEAN,HOLY,SAINT CHILD OF GOD?
only leave all sins,repentance to God allow you enter the path of Gods Glory
Your idea of love is quite different from mine. I see no reason to embrace your definition either.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#502793 Mar 13, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad that horse link I sent Annie J by mistake became such a talking point.
Your Nelly surely was a cutie, tho I too had to 'look' closely'- having been with Zebras in Africa - I haven't seen a horse with these beautiful marking before.
I have never had the pleasure of owning...
I noticed later on you posted that you had not intended to give the link you did, but thank you for doing so. ;O) I have been around horses since I was a child, but have not had the pleasure of owning one yet myself. We are having a lot of fun preparing ourselves to adopt a few now that we have the land available.
ItÂ’s always good to read you Peace, and I hope all is well in your slice of the world.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#502794 Mar 13, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a vagina, but are you implying having one is a bad thing?
I think shrinky dink is trying to sell you one of the AAA v...right now I would bet that he is out of the AAA d...

Wait another month or two...they are coming out with the D battery ones.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#502795 Mar 13, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Your problem is that you limit your view.
Believers visit Topix to share, debate, and anything else with hopes that our discussions will bring us closer to one another. Unfortunately and more times than not, some find it difficult maintaining composure, especially when one that claims to be a believer spews nothing but hatred and insults toward almost all others that claim to fly the same banner. In my humble opinion and I'm sure you can agree, that's even more frustrating than having a fellow believer disagree at every turn while still remaining respectful. It's even worse when the hatred and insults derive from disagreements. And even worse than that is when atheists feel compelled to use bible verses against so-called "believers" in order to quench their negative thoughts and speech.
The fact is, though, that our generations were born into a religion already divided. Therefore, we enter Topix with the division that we, for the most part, had no part in creating. Many of us feel compelled to do what we think necessary to try, to the best of our abilities, to unite our religion. And the only way to do that is to discuss the doctrines that are supposed to be based on the one thing our denominations have in common-- the Bible. And for many reasons and excuses, and regardless of our affiliation, we find it most difficult humbling ourselves to one another. And atheists feed off of all of this.
Atheists are born into the same divisions, but atheists don't visit religious forums and threads divided. Atheists visit religious forums and threads with a common intention, and that's to convince the religious that atheism reflects intelligence while theism reflects ignorance. Other than that, atheists have not much to argue and disagree about when it comes to religion and as long as they remain on topic. That's not hard to do for an atheist in a religious forum and thread. But, for you to say that the same that's witnessed in these religious forums and threads among the religious are non-existent and unheard of among atheists is ludicrous and delusional, and derives from a complex of superiority. Of a surety, not all atheists agree on all political issues and views. Of a surety, not all atheists agree on all secular issues and views. And of a surety, not all atheists show the same level of constraint when discussing topics deemed a "sensitive nature" with one another.
I agree. The attitudes among some of us in Topix are appalling. And personally, I wouldn't put myself in the same ranks for calling a person a "liar" and "backstabber" while providing evidence of their lies and betrayal. And frankly, if this was my normal mode of operation, then most likely, you wouldn't have had to wait so long to approached me with your concern. But, you've just now ranked me among those you oppose regularly.
.. it's the caliber of sharing that disturbs me ..

.. both HFY and Catcher disagree with me on several issues, they've even voiced their opposition in this forum. There's a subtle difference between our 'side' and your 'side'- we know when to back off ..

.. because the beliefs of some Christians are inflexible, tempers flare. The, "I'm right, you're wrong," syndrome fails to promote harmony. Throughout history, this has been the bane of all religion, the insistence that some belief or dogma is the one and only truth ..

.. how can humans survive when various religious sects under the same umbrella vehemently oppose each other? Is the Baptist better than the Catholic, the Shiite better than the Sunni? The White better than the Black? The Christian better than the Jew or Muslim? The heterosexual better than the homosexual ??..

.. we can do better ..

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#502796 Mar 13, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Locusts are edible and often better for ryou than the crops they eat.
Many species of locusts are kosher as well. A common food when fasting according to the Bible.
Thats interesting to know. Doesn't sound like something I would care to eat, but still interesting to know. Thanks G

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 24 min NICK 88,568
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min BongoKrap 703,852
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min Choir Loft 996,565
Poll ~ Should 911 have a New Investigation? ~ (Feb '11) 53 min Choir Loft 952
mgtow 3 hr GotIt 15
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr ChromiuMan 6,924
I'm sick of being single and having no one to l... 3 hr Choicerocks 8