Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#502404 Mar 12, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what that's like.
At the warehouse where I used to work, they had a walk in cooler and freezer. That's where I started out. All the boxes get covered in frost and you can't tell the spicy chicken patties from the regular chicken patties.
I bet the roosters knew.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#502405 Mar 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
For me, all the time. He answers my prayers a lot.
Prayer works as often as coincidence allows.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#502406 Mar 12, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
So far you've said: All the time, a lot and often.
When do we get to never? Ever?
No, I'd be lying if I said never.

All the time, a lot and often are subjective terms.

One could say that they sleep "all the time ". That doesn't literally mean they sleep always, does it?

God does answer prayers. I know this because He answers mine all the time...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#502407 Mar 12, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't run the pipeline. That was in Yukon area. The guys I hauled for started out up there doin that, then came down here an started up a national haul'n business. They liked me cos I was jist as crazy(like a fox) as they was. Motto--NEVER shut yer truck down except fer maintenance. If they were gonna shut 70 down past Denver(storms), we'd drop down on 54 an then run west ta Cali (San Diego or San Jose)(recon).
Hi Captain;

I only run with that job for three years and hung the job on a hook and moved away from that area.A honest days work for the paycheck and food on the table call it making the bacon and bringing it in and frin in a pan well I done that most all my life.You was running route 66 famous old road.I understand.lol It always been the workin man who is the backbone that keeps the wheels of the country rollin.Have a good just for today.

Location hidden

#502408 Mar 12, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Prayer works as often as coincidence allows.
Thanks for sharing your opinion, Tide.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#502409 Mar 12, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that one is saved though faith, not by acts? So the actions of a believer don't matter?
they require both. But if one believes and don't have access to the bible or a church, YWHW will lead that person to act in a way pleasing to YHWH.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#502410 Mar 12, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
God may not be limited to a book, but if God inspired that book, then isn't that book a record of God's instructions to humans?
Are people just expected to hear that some guy named Jesus once lived and claimed to be God? And if you believe in that, then you go to heaven? What if people question that claim, or want to know more? Are they sent to Hell for that?
You've probably heard that some people think Muhammad was God's most holy prophet. If you don't accept that claim on it's face, then you are sent to eternal Hell. Sound reasonable?
Reasonable? iyai!lol.

You must think you dealing with a human when it comes to YHWH.

My thing is, everybody will not have access to the bible. millions of people have lived and died since Christ was on earth and never have the bible or hear of Jesus. I don't believe all of those people are in hell.

I believe YHWH has a special eternal punishment, substantially more punishing, than a person who die just out of naturally being evil and wicked, than a person that die knowing the gospel of Jesus Christ, and choose to refuse the gift.

YHWH has a right to be insulted, angry and vengeful that someone would reject the sacrifice of the Son Jesus Christ.

Same I believe the opposite. That many of those millions of people that died never hearing about Jesus Christ, will be saved. God won't punish someone that never had a chance to reject a gift. The gift of Christ was never presented to them so they could not reject. YHWH will save many of those people based by means that I don't know.

So YHWH does not need the bible to save someone. How a person condemn themselves, is to know about YHWH Son the Christ, and reject that gift. That soul have some explaining to do to YHWH why they reject the Christ.

Better you than me writer. You plan you explanation from now, and good luck freethinker.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#502411 Mar 12, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Ja... some can be scary despite!
My mum taught me when very small to 'listen for that very high pitched whistle' which they give before hitting... there was no noise pollution to come between. maybe the reason many don't today hear?
Nice to have a camper, as it sure is a spare home.
I bet you could fit under that there hat lil sister
>>>grin<<<
Well I honestly do not know about no high pitch whistle but learned they are sneaky shakers cause no warning.House of hard knocks and bumpy roads can make any gal's hat fit quick.Just best to be a one woman band and fly like a eagle free.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#502412 Mar 12, 2013
River Tam wrote:
I bet the roosters knew.

“The..”

Since: Dec 12

"..who whating how with huh?"

#502413 Mar 12, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>Define a lot.
Try most of them. 82%. 3/4. 2/3. I would draw you a graph if I could :-)

“The..”

#502414 Mar 12, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>So far you've said: All the time, a lot and often.

When do we get to never? Ever?
Not everyone gets to never or ever.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#502415 Mar 12, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't think of any.
But go ahead, I'll indugle you.
Prove to me that God doesn't exist.
Which one, Zeus or Jupiter ?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#502416 Mar 12, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
If he puts a BIG boat under it and then gets a bunch of animals and...
never mind.
That's just plain ridiculous.
It isn't going to end by water this time. It will be fire.

I am building this big asbestos house and then I will get two of every animal, seven of the tasty ones......

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#502417 Mar 12, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
No not interested in debate.
Just here to preach? No prob.

:)

San Francisco

#502418 Mar 12, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi wilderide
1 Corinthians 6:11 tells us this.. But you were "cleansed"; you were "made holy"; you were "made right with God" BY calling on the NAME of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
If Knowing this makes a believer say..OH BOY, I can do WHATEVER I want now and still be saved....Did not genuinly accept Jesus Christ. How or WHY would a believer want to go back to their old life. God knew we could never obey Him Perfectly. Nobody has ever has been able to do that, except for Jesus. We Obey because we want too, NOT to earn salvation. When we become a child of God, we work in the mission fields, feed the homeless, visit the nursing homes, prisons ect..ect..because we have a New desire in our heart to do so, Not to earn anything. As an adult, When you go visit your earthly father, Do you help him work around his home because you HAVE to or because You want to without expecting anything in return? We do what we do out of Love, Honor and admiration. I understand that you don't believe and I am not pushing anything on you, I just wanted to explain this to you. I hope I was able to give a reasonable explanation as to WHY Christians...(at least most Christians) Do what we do. I don't hate an unbeliever. They are not an enemy to me. Have a nice night my friend.
And yet there are many examples of people who claim to be Christians who do terrible things regardless. So obviously the transformation you describe does not happen with any regularity. Conversely, there are many people who do live saintly lives who are not Christians. It seems logical to conclude that accepting Christ does not reliably result in a change of behavior.

The Bible claims that anyone is eligible to receive forgiveness if the believe in the story of the sacrifice of Jesus for their sins. The person's actions don't enter into it. It's not as if Jesus only suffered and died for the sins of those who would both believe and act in a certain way. Only belief is required.

And yet even that is contradicted by other passages which claim that works are required for salvation too. Paul, for example, opined that women were saved by faith and bearing children (1 Timothy 2:15), blaming Eve (and by extension all women) for the downfall of all humankind. This would seem to leave out women who were born barren.

Romans 4:2 - "For if Abraham were justified by works he hath whereof to glory?"

vs.

Ecclesiastes 12:14 - "For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil."

vs.

Romans 4:13 - "For the promise ... was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith."

vs.

Matthew 16:27 - "For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works."

It's a puzzlement.

“The..”

#502419 Mar 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Which one, Zeus or Jupiter ?
You're silly. Jupiter is a planet. Duh.

Location hidden

#502420 Mar 12, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one, Zeus or Jupiter ?
Ugh....

Here we go again.

A Christian asks to prove God doesn't exist and the dumb ass has to ask which god.....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#502421 Mar 12, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine goodness Epi... Things have changed a bit since those times Sister!
But... we all have ways of expressing our feelings.
I'm afraid I'm a bit less noisy than that.
>>>smile<<<
I thought you liked your pow-wows and your people?
That is "my people"...The TRIBE of Judah (Levi)

:-)

San Francisco

#502422 Mar 12, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
@Wilde...this is the easiest way I can think to explain it. God can see across the entire timeline at once. Visualize it like this though...say when God looks in the future lets just use you as an example and a calendar. Pick any date on the calender in the future, lets say March 15, 2014. Then imagine God in the same room but invisible watching to see what you do all day. He doesnt make you do anything, anything you do you do of your own free will but God writes down everything you did that day and doesnt tell you. Well for all practical purposes for March 15, 2014 already took place. You cant do something diff than you already chose to do once on March 15, 2014 when March 15, 2014 rolls around in present time. God watching to see what decisions you made never took away your free will to make them
But again, if the future is knowable, then fate exists, and free will is impossible. Let's imagine God did not create fate, but can only see it. You still can't do otherwise. If you look at what you wrote "You cant do something diff..", you yourself seem to grasp this. You can't do anything differently. That means you have no free will. If you aren't omniscient you might not realize you have no free will, but that doesn't mean you aren't still an unknowing slave to fate. Assuming the future is predestined.

But if God, who purportedly created everything, is not responsible for fate, then who is? Did the creator and one who set the universe in motion really have nothing to do with the consequences?

San Francisco

#502423 Mar 12, 2013
Adam wrote:
Chapter 170
God says thus to the man who shall faithfully serve him: "I know your works, that you work for me. As I live eternally, your love shall not exceed my bounty. Because you serve me as God your creator, knowing yourself to be my work, and ask nought of me save grace and mercy to serve me faithfully; because you set no end to my service, seeing you desire to serve me eternally: even so will I do, for I will reward you as if you were God, my equal. For not only will I place in your hands the abundance of paradise, but I will give you myself as a gift, so that, even as you are fain to be my servant for ever, even so will I make your wages forever."'
Wow, Adam posted something that didn't involve gay male sex! Bravo Adam, you are making progress.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min ChristineM 750,674
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Liam 548,627
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min who 261,663
Last Word + 2 14 min andet1987 854
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 17 min andet1987 4,316
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min superwilly 229,984
If you dare date a nigerian man. (Aug '13) 19 min abby 25
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 5 hr MeHere 388
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 6 hr flatbushsam 126

Top Stories People Search