|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>The problem is that few (even Christians) can agree on what is evil and what isn't.

The Old Order Amish would say all of us on Topix are sinning and going to Hell just by using a computer.
Yeah well, to me, evil is as evil does. Not stuff men invent.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Hey there ~ thought I would share this...

This morning, I decided to go into my walk in wardrobe to spray the body spray and perfume rather than do it in the bathroom, as I used to do it before, and the spray keeps the wardrobe, and the clothes, smelling nice :)

For some reason, I thought of Mum and the perfume I used to buy her (Tabu) and the last time I gave her one, she said I might as well keep it because it now gave her headaches (this is years ago) and I wondered if I could be getting headaches from the sprays?

Anyway, as you may know, I work in hospitality, and when I went into the ladies toilets, there was the unmistakable smell of Tabu. Of course, it will always remind me of Mum, but it was only this morning that I was thinking of Tabu, and a few hours later, I was smelling it.

Many will of course, think of this as coincidence, whereas I will think of it as Mum being with me.... recall too, it was only a few days ago that I was in the emergency room that we were both in when she died, so feeling very close to her right now!!

Love to all, life is grand, started my car this morning when I got here just to make sure battery is all okay and she started like the little love she is (the car I mean).... I call her 'Serah' LOL
Lol... That's very sweet. Nothing quite like that mother smell.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there ~ thought I would share this...
This morning, I decided to go into my walk in wardrobe to spray the body spray and perfume rather than do it in the bathroom, as I used to do it before, and the spray keeps the wardrobe, and the clothes, smelling nice :)
For some reason, I thought of Mum and the perfume I used to buy her (Tabu) and the last time I gave her one, she said I might as well keep it because it now gave her headaches (this is years ago) and I wondered if I could be getting headaches from the sprays?
Anyway, as you may know, I work in hospitality, and when I went into the ladies toilets, there was the unmistakable smell of Tabu. Of course, it will always remind me of Mum, but it was only this morning that I was thinking of Tabu, and a few hours later, I was smelling it.
Many will of course, think of this as coincidence, whereas I will think of it as Mum being with me.... recall too, it was only a few days ago that I was in the emergency room that we were both in when she died, so feeling very close to her right now!!
Love to all, life is grand, started my car this morning when I got here just to make sure battery is all okay and she started like the little love she is (the car I mean).... I call her 'Serah' LOL
Wow you do live in luxury madam!

Fragrances I love, but I could't even wear a hint of anything as a teen as it gave my dad a terrible head-ache.

But to the point...
...as I too worked in a form of hospitality... one could get a whiff of some before they opened any door...

But your dear Mum?
If it's a popular one - in a convenient place - draw from it what you will. It's her memory that counts being even rekindled in that hospital, and in your senses.

I know in no convenient public space I have had out of no-where a waft of my Mum's violets... and nothing will ever subtract from that.

Proverbs 27:9
New Living Translation (©2007)
The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense.
mmmmmmmmmmm

And you call your car Sarah too...
Is 'she' a beetle or something?
>>>smile<<<

Be Blessed and be happy Sister Friend.
Got you 'Hi' this am... and trust the rest of the day pans out.
Take Care xx

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>It's jist com'n down the pike is all sis.
Are you near this if I may ask? Really have no fear of them just think of them as sneaky.Guess folks out in california pay them no mind.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it just so happens that I have another name beside Grace, and Patience is one of them Brother. You will no doubt learn them all as time goes by.

*** CORRECTION >>>Lawest<<<
I speak of the names not your learning these virtues...
I would never say that to you!
Sorry if this came out the wrong way.

Like I said in that l-o-n-g post you missed, that I thought you would like it, being a USA mission in PNG. And despite long winded in a >>>yawn<<< kinda way... it has a great motto... pineapples and all!
Now if you'll give me time, I'll just try and find it for you.
There you go...
...now SAVE it if you want it.
It's not always easy for me to go back in time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
The Pineapple Story
But cause I love U2... have a good >>>smile <<< my Friend.
It is a good medicine also.
I just want to check that other post between you and Tri1...
cause I'm stuck in the middle as a 'tribe folk'.
Oh the joys of reading and writing

“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”

Alan Greenspan

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Jist as soon as they find all the parts ta the Mr. Taterhead game, they'll figger out who gits ta sit in the "feeler chair".
Is that dude still around?I had one as a kid. I remember rock'em sock'em robotd and Hungry Hungry Hippos until I got into leggo then Star wars and Transformers! LoL

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you near this if I may ask? Really have no fear of them just think of them as sneaky.Guess folks out in california pay them no mind.
Had a 5.5 on the 7th - and they always around here.
No fear... and the folks don't build the same high rises.
Part from the couple main Euro/West Influence city/towns/islands... they mostly bamboo grass huts...

Would not like to live in those there area's where it is SO bult up, and re-built.
Stay safe

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Had a 5.5 on the 7th - and they always around here.
No fear... and the folks don't build the same high rises.
Part from the couple main Euro/West Influence city/towns/islands... they mostly bamboo grass huts...
Would not like to live in those there area's where it is SO bult up, and re-built.
Stay safe
Where I am.It is not all built up either.Wide open spaces other than the mountains.I just move into the camper if one shakes my house down as is not earthquake proof.Live under my hat anyway.lol.Had one here long time back that shook me out of my bed man I was one po'ed cookie but that was cause it sneaked up on me.They do not give no warning just boom right on top of ya.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Don't like the ground shak'n. I sit in the middle of the nation for now. I like the Rockies, but don't like be'in in the middle of the faults either. No more oceanfront property fer me either...disappears too fast. These flatlands ain't real appeal'n neither...Ya never git used ta it.
You was say'n about rid'n 54 a while back...I used ta ride that route with some ole' cattle boys a while back. We lost a truck right at the Okie line one winter...jist blew right off the road. Them ice road truckers didn't have noth'n on us! My outfit used ta haul pipeline when they started up...made a fortune at it. Bunch of wild cowboys!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Is that dude still around?I had one as a kid. I remember rock'em sock'em robotd and Hungry Hungry Hippos until I got into leggo then Star wars and Transformers! LoL
LOL!
Yeah...it's still around. Ya know the original rockem sockem toy is worth a small fortune now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Nope. Don't like the ground shak'n. I sit in the middle of the nation for now. I like the Rockies, but don't like be'in in the middle of the faults either. No more oceanfront property fer me either...disappears too fast. These flatlands ain't real appeal'n neither...Ya never git used ta it.
You was say'n about rid'n 54 a while back...I used ta ride that route with some ole' cattle boys a while back. We lost a truck right at the Okie line one winter...jist blew right off the road. Them ice road truckers didn't have noth'n on us! My outfit used ta haul pipeline when they started up...made a fortune at it. Bunch of wild cowboys!
I lived at Logan,NM in thoses days which is right on 54 drove into Tucumcari,NM to work and also done some work right there in Logan at alsup store graveyard shift.Where did you haul pipeline into?
Think there is a port near there cause the fellow sure had it in for one of the port fellow.You see I run the shuttle system from motel to terminal for the truckers and taxi service for the town people too.Got to know alot of good working people once in awhile would run across a sht head lol but goes with the territory ya know.I run for almost three years in those parts.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
What about you?
Might you have one or two suggestions for Christian-theme names of drinks for the forthcoming spectacular Holy Church of Catcher happy hour?
Just make me an Omnidrink.

I wanna be drunk everywhere all the time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived at Logan,NM in thoses days which is right on 54 drove into Tucumcari,NM to work and also done some work right there in Logan at alsup store graveyard shift.Where did you haul pipeline into?
Think there is a port near there cause the fellow sure had it in for one of the port fellow.You see I run the shuttle system from motel to terminal for the truckers and taxi service for the town people too.Got to know alot of good working people once in awhile would run across a sht head lol but goes with the territory ya know.I run for almost three years in those parts.
I didn't run the pipeline. That was in Yukon area. The guys I hauled for started out up there doin that, then came down here an started up a national haul'n business. They liked me cos I was jist as crazy(like a fox) as they was. Motto--NEVER shut yer truck down except fer maintenance. If they were gonna shut 70 down past Denver(storms), we'd drop down on 54 an then run west ta Cali (San Diego or San Jose)(recon).

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
They dont get that you cant make a single decision 2 diff times. God can ee across the timeline;past, present, and future. So when he looks at the future as someone is choosing to do something (or right after depending on how one looks at it) he is looking at the choice someone ALREADY made at that point in time. So of course they cant choose to do something diff that they already chose any more than we can go in the past and choose to do something diff. i dont see what they dont get
It does not matter. We don't have free will because of the nature of reality.

What negates free will is determinism.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

River Tam wrote:
Try wearing your foil hat.
I would recommend a layer of aluminum screen wire be added for extra protection from RF radiation.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I would recommend a layer of aluminum screen wire be added for extra protection from RF radiation.
The RF radiation only comes from the Radically Freaky gay people.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_eeC7gKV6JmA/TJ3jFZs...

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
The RF radiation only comes from the Radically Freaky gay people.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_eeC7gKV6JmA/TJ3jFZs...
I bet Dick told him to do that.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet Dick told him to do that.
Kiss him or you're on the short list of my next hunting partners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
For you to not have free will, you would have to be omniscient as God is.
Then your god lacks free will? Let me guess: you set its will. It wants what you want.

"This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheep's bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes."
trifecta1 wrote:
Crippling Christianity matters not to me either way.
You can have a front row seat.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
You sure exhibit lot of egotism. Did you learn that from Jesus?
trifecta1 wrote:
Why would you think anyone learns anything from someone you believe is a myth?
It's called validation therapy. It's quite helpful in treating the demented and delusional. From Wiki:

"Validation therapy was developed ... for older people with cognitive impairments and dementia ... classifies individuals with cognitive impairment as having one of four stages in a continuum of dementia. These stages are:

• Mal-orientation
• Time confusion
• Repetitive motion
• Vegetative state.

"The basic principle ... communicates that the other's opinions are acknowledged, respected, heard, and (regardless whether or not the listener actually agrees with the content), they are being treated with genuine respect as a legitimate expression of their feelings, rather than marginalized or dismissed."

We're trying to show you all due respect. Now stop that repetitive motion and tell us about heaven again, dear. With gates of pearl, streets of gold, and a mansion with many rooms, it sounds like such a wonderful place!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

566 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min feces for jesus 720,412
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min CowardlYID Fkrs 115,022
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min dubble dubya 256,430
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 13 min ChromiuMan 5,225
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min Stilgar Fifrawi 172,291
Emmasturbate ...okay so what does this word mea... (May '13) 15 min Keepitin Yourpants 136
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min June VanDerMark 532,514
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr Helga 72
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••