Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Scripture is only for some?
Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek (i.e., Gentiles)"
Would God allow some people to be born incapable of believing, i.e., they are pre-destined to be damned, with no hope of salvation?
No not interested in debate.
Adam

Bad Vilbel, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

This thread is a holy ground . Here should be no room for any gayness.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
No not interested in debate.
In that case, you won't catch any fish.

Are you in denial? It's not a river in Egypt, you know.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>the link isn't working. sorry.
Thanx... but very strange!

This is in conjunction with what you said in a post re the majority of 'mental illness' sufferers having guilt or shame.

It seems every time I do post a link from this it is taken
By who?
The Guilty?
The other day it was working fine!

That adds up to 3 over time since I began, they are removing or changing!

I am working to help some of these victims...

Such again is the Guilt and Shame of the big phamas affecting folk who are not mental in any way.
One Jewish medic wants a victim to stop bowing the God!

Here's another.
http://rense.com/general52/exc.htm

http://www.informationliberation.com/test.php...

<excerpt>
Big Pharma's strong political ties
Who will create the screening tests and who will create the algorithms? Well, Big Pharma will undoubtedly play a role, as it always does. Eli Lilly and Janssen Pharmaceutica's parent company, Johnson & Johnson, already have extensive ties to the Bush Family and the federal government. Take a look at these links:

Eli Lilly (Prozac, Zyprexa):

* Former President George Herbert Walker Bush = former member of the Eli Lilly board of directors
* Mitch Daniels, President George W. Bush's former director of Management and Budget = former Eli Lilly vice president
* Sidney Taurel, member of President Bush's Homeland Security Advisory Council = current CEO of Eli Lilly
* The National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI)= major recipient of Eli Lilly funding

(Source: "Eli Lilly, Zyprexa and the Bush Family" by Bruce Levine)

Johnson & Johnson, parent company of Janssen Pharmaceutica (Risperdal)

* Robert Wood Johnson IV, heir to the Johnson & Johnson fortune, raised more than $100,000 for George W. Bush's 2000 presidential campaign and more than $200,000 for Bush's 2004 campaign.

(Source: "Bush Administration -- Money, Politics & Drugs" by Evelyn Pringle)

"Treating" the mental health problems of... children?
But the problem doesn't end there. If the New Freedom Initiative succeeds, TMAP's standards will create a reality for Americans as horrifying as any future imagined in a dystopian novel. President Bush's New Freedom Commission on Mental Health proposes to start its screening process in the nation's schools.

continued in link...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Thighumper wrote:
Jesus is too busy forgiving all the christians over and over and over again, to have any time to help the rest of us....*sighs*.....
WRONG!!!!!!!!! Thats where so many miss it..Jesus died ONCE for ALL..Forgave sins ONCE for ALL.

Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of humanity, and after that he will appear a second time. This time he will not deal with sin, but he will save those who eagerly wait for him.

Hebrews 9:28..

For those who will Believe..You are already Forgiven

1 Peter 3:18...For Christ also suffered ONCE for SINS, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.

Colossians 1:22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present YOU holy in his sight, without blemish and FREE from accusation--

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You took my statement out of context.
My only point was that it is better to keep one's religious views private, if bringing them up causes family discord.
Well you said 'most people' dont want to hear about it and want people to keep their beliefs to themselves. If you were limiting that statement to only include family members in situations where it causes discord then I guess you could say that about any subject. If thats what you claim you were saying, that most family members dont want someone else telling them something they dont want to hear?You said something like when was he going to get that most people dont want to hear it. Most people was referring to his family or you thought he doesnt know they dont want to hear it but obviously he feels hes telling them for their good. i think you meant most people in general as that makes more sense but as usual your group and its pride will say anything rather than accept a valid point.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it is. The saying is "denial 'da nile" isnt JUST a river in Egypt. How is she in denial because she isnt interersted in debating scripture with unbelievers?Seems more like you are in denial that someone may just find debating with you guys over scripture to be a waste of time.Why would it have to be anything else? Your group has often complained about Christians expressing theif beliefs in public and now when you can't force someone to do just that they are in denial? I think you guys would have nothing to talk about if you ever got what you claim you want. A lot of you guys seek out Christians specifically to get them to talk about theif beliefs so which is it that you guys want?

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
@Irrira....responding here for space. I would be surprised if someone currently posting knows the answer and is just refusing to respond. I know the NIV is generally considered one of the least accurate technical translations but did not know that verse was missing in it. I would suggest a Google search. If you noticed I would imagine someone else has. There is probably something you can find on it. I cant pull up two pages at the same time on this phone but I'd just suggest typing as keywords in your search....NIV + missing verse + and the chapter and verse thats missing
@Skom
Thanx my Friend.
I understood those Christians who did care more also, would know - as have too much on my plate to search everything out - but that video link I came across mentioned many more.

I just want to know 'why'?
Plus even in the Matthew 17 one, why the relevance to that verse?
Thanx for Caring.
Take Care there.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I lay in The Holy God's loving hands.
Do not intend to be pulled out of them
not with words,deeds or action of others.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
@Skom
Thanx my Friend.
I understood those Christians who did care more also, would know - as have too much on my plate to search everything out - but that video link I came across mentioned many more.
I just want to know 'why'?
Plus even in the Matthew 17 one, why the relevance to that verse?
Thanx for Caring.
Take Care there.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search...

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's your lack of understanding and ignorance talking.
Millions of people follow Jesus Christ, and do not have a bible, go to church, or do any religious activities. They simply believed. Believing, is not a religious act. Jesus Christ is not Religion. Jesus Christ condemned religion. You are writing out of ignorance.
But wait...are you actually stupid?, or you just cannot understand.
God is omniscient.
God knows all actions you will take, before you do them. And God knows all the outcomes of such actions/thoughts, before you do.
But you do not know what you will do, until the appointed time in your life and history confronts you.
So you have free will, because you were not in existence before time on the throne with God seeing all the actions you would do before you were born.
So although God knew what you would do at age 10 or 20 or 30 or 70 or 80...YOU DONT.
How come you still no understand?
Maybe a better writer can write it for you. How about Counter Strike? you want him to explain it? or maybe Skombolis, he a pretty good writer.
Iyai!oy! my goodness you is as dense as a volcano rock, no wonder you turn atheist, God can't get nothing through that thick skull of yours.
Amen Trifecta..
I understand perfectly what you are saying. It so simple yet hardly nobody understands the simplicity in Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:3 plainly tells us that though...

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the "simplicity that is in Christ".

The greatest stumbling block to men entering eternal life is the simplicity of salvation. Men want to "do" something to earn salvation, but God says it is a gift, because Jesus Christ paid the price on the cross. He bought eternal life for every man. However, the gift must be received by faith. The Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" To which they answered, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you shall be saved" (ACT 16:30-31). There are Many, Many more verses that tells us the same thing.

Thats Christianity..NOT Religion..I use to be a very religious person and then I found Gods Grace and what the Gospel truly meant. Its so simple but humans have been raised in a "work for what you earn" mentality that they cant see the simplicity in salvation.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Your's was the 1st post I read Annie J, and after a stinking hot airless night of a heatwave, I wasn't really awake myself... until I stated reading...
A little confused at your jubilation, and wondering 'what horse?'- so checked the video, and felt an idiot - but the more I read the more I was laughing and truly awake by the end.
So thank you Sister Friend for such a happy waking moment! Ishi-i knew how tired I was just before that, and wondered 'what now?' as I couldn't believe my stupidity nor 'your horse'.
Thank you again... I'm awake!
You are a great example of drawing mistakes to one's attention with a whole lot-o-humor... and always a true friend.
>>>hugs<<< 4 that and hope the post itself won't spoil your coffee, but here's the right one!
It's a sparrow
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
LOL

Guess I don't need those bales of hay afterall!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell noooo!
She don't even know I post here at all.
Her boyfriend does...
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Hi,Ree Ree. Hi,Mrs. Grace.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Will the next Pope be the......False Prophet mentioned in the book of Revelation??

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>The way you're dismissing scientific work before reading the material, it seems rather clear your beliefs are religious in nature as well.
But you've already demonstrated that you can't distinguish between research and editorial pieces. You also demonstrate a willingness to believe without evidence if the author supports a position that you want to believe.

That's fine for a faith based thinker, but both of those truths make your recommendations useless to evidence based thinkers.

If your source had anything of value to offer besides his fervent hope in an afterlife, you would be able to present at least some of it here - enough to whet the appetite of people familiar with science.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Who is the leading candidate for the anti-christ? How could an 'unknown' convince the entire earth's population that he's the answer to all of the world's economic,social,political,reli gious,and miltary problems? My guess,although I could very well be wrong,is that he will be someone 'well-known',who will be seen as the best chance to 'level the playingfield' globally. Duuuh,I wonder whom him might be,George,duuuuh...

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Trifecta..
I understand perfectly what you are saying. It so simple yet hardly nobody understands the simplicity in Christ.
2 Corinthians 11:3 plainly tells us that though...
But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the "simplicity that is in Christ".
The greatest stumbling block to men entering eternal life is the simplicity of salvation. Men want to "do" something to earn salvation, but God says it is a gift, because Jesus Christ paid the price on the cross. He bought eternal life for every man. However, the gift must be received by faith. The Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" To which they answered, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you shall be saved" (ACT 16:30-31). There are Many, Many more verses that tells us the same thing.
Thats Christianity..NOT Religion..I use to be a very religious person and then I found Gods Grace and what the Gospel truly meant. Its so simple but humans have been raised in a "work for what you earn" mentality that they cant see the simplicity in salvation.
2nd Cor 4
in whose case the god of this age has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that they may not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
[[[
Maybe is this verse going on.

Because I have to agree with you, it simple and plain, how they can't see it?

I use to be very cynical you know writer. And I use to say to myself some of these unbelievers just arguing for argument sake. But the more I see some of them write, the more it seem some kind of curtain or veil over they understanding. Some kind of block or hinderance why the simplicity of the Gospel can't penetrate.

Its a rather peculiar and somewhat disconcerting when you see verse like 2nd:cor.4 that actually happening to unbelievers right in front of you eyes. oy!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Doctor REALITY wrote:
Will the next Pope be the......False Prophet mentioned in the book of Revelation??
The Last false prophet name in the book of Revelation is Peter.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Guess I don't need those bales of hay afterall!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

823 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min New Age Spiritual Leader 532,706
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Patrick 224,163
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min New Age Spiritual Leader 720,459
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 19 min MASS 115,061
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Commander Bunny 256,481
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 25 min Lost In Transition 172,364
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 33 min Al Capone 3,952
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr bRB 74
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••