Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#502050 Mar 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
To paraphrase Paine, belief in a cruller god makes a cruller man.
Can I ask you something personal, since you're the only eye I know. And you don't have to answer this.
When you go to a 3D movie, do you pay full price, or do you get some kind of discount? How does that work?
I usually share the glasses with a date.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#502051 Mar 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Karl, any success in getting those laws passed to have people thrown in jail for saying things you don't like to you over the Internet?

LOL

You are even crazier and more senile than IANS

Maybe you can get a law pased to have whippersnappers thrown in jail for walking on your grass?

Just a couple of sad, angry old men
Lol...

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#502052 Mar 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's your lack of understanding and ignorance talking.
Millions of people follow Jesus Christ, and do not have a bible, go to church, or do any religious activities. They simply believed. Believing, is not a religious act. Jesus Christ is not Religion. Jesus Christ condemned religion. You are writing out of ignorance.
But wait...are you actually stupid?, or you just cannot understand.
God is omniscient.
God knows all actions you will take, before you do them. And God knows all the outcomes of such actions/thoughts, before you do.
But you do not know what you will do, until the appointed time in your life and history confronts you.
So you have free will, because you were not in existence before time on the throne with God seeing all the actions you would do before you were born.
So although God knew what you would do at age 10 or 20 or 30 or 70 or 80...YOU DONT.
How come you still no understand?
Maybe a better writer can write it for you. How about Counter Strike? you want him to explain it? or maybe Skombolis, he a pretty good writer.
Iyai!oy! my goodness you is as dense as a volcano rock, no wonder you turn atheist, God can't get nothing through that thick skull of yours.
Hello Trifectal, I'm not sure that I've ever posted to you before but a question here if I may, you said that many people believe in Christ but don't have a Bible or go to church?.........but isn't following Jesus Christ means to obey his Word?, I know that the world is populated by many false churches, pastors and denominations, but if one is honest and sincere in heart unto Christ then God WILL lead them to where the truth is being preached in it's fullness, you see that is how a believer stays strong in the spirit by staying up under the Word preached, because the Word preached sent down by God through the mouth piece ( the pastor ) he is using is food to the inner man ( our spirit/soul ) for us to grow by and stay strong in Christ just as natural foods are needed to sustain the physical body, without which we wither and pass away if we go too without it, the same goes for the spirit without the Word, we will eventually back slide and go back into a world of sin.

We must agree however when you told him that Jesus Christ is not a religion but the mighty God IN whom we serve, and oyr salvation is all about HIM and him alone.

I welcome your feedback on this and have a Blessed evening.

Romans 10:13-15
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#502053 Mar 11, 2013
Correction: too LONG without it.......

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#502054 Mar 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>So you are saying that providing scientific research of other scientists to support one's arguement makes one a fraud ?

Meanwhile, dreaming stuff up in your own head without verifiable evidence is "truth" ?

Call me a fraud then, I reject your concept of "truth". <smile>
No not at all.

Whatever you say.

I'll call you nothing of the sort, play with yourself.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#502055 Mar 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Well Ma'am, I'll thank ya for the morning chuckle :)
:-)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#502056 Mar 11, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
No not at all.
Whatever you say.
I'll call you nothing of the sort, play with yourself.
lol, good evening j-lu.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#502057 Mar 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's your lack of understanding and ignorance talking.
Millions of people follow Jesus Christ, and do not have a bible, go to church, or do any religious activities. They simply believed. Believing, is not a religious act. Jesus Christ is not Religion. Jesus Christ condemned religion. You are writing out of ignorance.
But wait...are you actually stupid?, or you just cannot understand.
Since you seem to presume understanding, then explain to me how you can follow Jesus if not through the Bible? Where do you get your information about Jesus and what he wants from his followers from?
God is omniscient.
God knows all actions you will take, before you do them. And God knows all the outcomes of such actions/thoughts, before you do.
But you do not know what you will do, until the appointed time in your life and history confronts you.
Correct, so far.
So you have free will, because you were not in existence before time on the throne with God seeing all the actions you would do before you were born.
So although God knew what you would do at age 10 or 20 or 30 or 70 or 80...YOU DONT.
How come you still no understand?
Nope. Wrong. I think I see where you are getting lost now, though. It doesn't matter who is the one who is omniscient. As soon as the future is knowable, then fate exists, and free will cannot. It doesn't actually matter who it is who knows the future; you, me, God. It's the fact that the future is knowable at all.

Ironically, we would not actually know if we had free will or not unless we didn't by being omniscient. If no one was omniscient, then it would forever remain a mystery.
Iyai!oy! my goodness you is as dense as a volcano rock, no wonder you turn atheist, God can't get nothing through that thick skull of yours.
There you go again! Go read Galatians 5:22-23.

San Francisco

#502058 Mar 11, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...
I better be nice...I figure you're asking for it.
Have a nice day Mr. Wild Rider.
CS.
Sooo....I take it you have no rationale then? I though so.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#502059 Mar 11, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah,this is gonna' be a good'un! But you can expect LeBron to 'clown 'em' and the Heat'll end up takin' it.
Are you so desperately lonely that you have to talk to yourself?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#502060 Mar 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of the 73% agree about the message?

For clarification or just a good laugh.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeezuz friggin Keerist! The hills have eyes.
I dunno how I missed River's post, else I would have linked to this.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
It contains some classic Divine Alien.

San Francisco

#502061 Mar 11, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe. Depends on perspective I suppose. Some can and some can't.
Whether some can or cannot is one question. Whether one should or should not is another. If everything is God's will, then everything should be celebrated, seems to me. Maybe part of the Christian path is learning to embrace what appears to be evil. In fact, isn't "evil" part of God's plan too?

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#502062 Mar 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
That is so cool.
Hey River, I thought so too. She was so docile and adorable…hard for me to imagine her jumping a full six feet. Learn something new everyday ;O)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#502063 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
From a hetero standpoint, homo is a perverted way of having relationships and/or sex.
There's "supposed" to be a His/Hers towel bar, not a His/His...
One is supposed to shave the face, the other shaves legs...
One's an innie, on'es an outtie.
Any other deviation from that seems to be perverted.
Sorry.
>>>chuckles..

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#502064 Mar 11, 2013
>>>Lawest<<<
Good Tues. morning to you Brother!
I believe the above post is the most vocal I have seen you.
I trust your evening? is a blessed one.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#502065 Mar 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>lol, good evening j-lu.
Hi Lawest :-) how's things with you?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#502066 Mar 11, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>Whether some can or cannot is one question. Whether one should or should not is another. If everything is God's will, then everything should be celebrated, seems to me. Maybe part of the Christian path is learning to embrace what appears to be evil. In fact, isn't "evil" part of God's plan too?
Yes. It is. I wouldn't say we're mean to embrace evil.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#502068 Mar 11, 2013
*meant

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#502069 Mar 11, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey River, I thought so too. She was so docile and adorable…hard for me to imagine her jumping a full six feet. Learn something new everyday ;O)
I'm glad that horse link I sent Annie J by mistake became such a talking point.

Your Nelly surely was a cutie, tho I too had to 'look' closely'- having been with Zebras in Africa - I haven't seen a horse with these beautiful marking before.

I have never had the pleasure of owning...

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#502070 Mar 11, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you seem to presume understanding, then explain to me how you can follow Jesus if not through the Bible? Where do you get your information about Jesus and what he wants from his followers from?
<quoted text>
Correct, so far.
<quoted text>
Nope. Wrong. I think I see where you are getting lost now, though. It doesn't matter who is the one who is omniscient. As soon as the future is knowable, then fate exists, and free will cannot. It doesn't actually matter who it is who knows the future; you, me, God. It's the fact that the future is knowable at all.
Ironically, we would not actually know if we had free will or not unless we didn't by being omniscient. If no one was omniscient, then it would forever remain a mystery.
<quoted text>
There you go again! Go read Galatians 5:22-23.
Well we will agree to disagree then, just like every other subject.

Because its very simple to me. God knows all the actions thoughts and outcomes that happens in your life, you do not, because you are not God.

So when you take an action, do a deed, say a word, that is your choice. Because there is no way for you to know you would have done or said a,b,or c. You did and said those things on your own, in your own power, in your own Free Will.

That it. I no know how to make my position any clearer. So now you can find another Jesus Follower to argue this point with for the infinite times you discuss it already.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Robert F 596,274
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 min curtjester1 444,330
The Christian Atheist debate 6 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 984
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min ChromiuMan 854,765
my wife neha ki chudai (May '14) 24 min raavan 15
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr WasteWater 6,138
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 1 hr Grunt56 221,822
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 hr The swamiji 7,335
More from around the web