“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#502002 Mar 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible was written by men and forced on Christianity by Emperor Constantine.
You follow men, not Jesus. That is a fact.
Wrong, not in the least.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#502003 Mar 11, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope someday you find that lego company with
much happiness and contentment.Next time you
go for coffee it my just sit down in a chair
next to you.Unbeknown to you.
lol, what?

I'm married, silly. Happily married.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#502004 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, what?
Okay.lol

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#502005 Mar 11, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Ja... I don't like them – pain killers. My body rejects the things medics have tried at times.
I can get drunk on water! Must have something to do with all that coconut water I drank in Life.
>>>smile<<<
Hey, I wouldn't like to be in your shoes there with what still must be done.
Have never had that side of life to deal with so fully.
My mum, dad and 2 husbands deceased when I was very young – by 38 - and all we had was love between us to share... so can't imagine what it must be like.
I pray all sorts itself out for you.
Sounds like you have a good family support and start there.
So my friend... what can I imagine?
When the story of these times gets written, we want it to say that we did all we could, and it was more than anyone could have imagined. 
-- Bono
and this...
conquest of paradise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_I5stUDniy4XX
There shines a light in the heart of man
That defies the dead of the night
A beam that glows within every soul
Like wings of hope taking flight
A sunny day, when a baby's born
The little things that we say
A special sparkle in someone's eye
Simple gifts, every day
Somewhere there's a paradise
Where everyone finds release
It's here on earth and between your eyes
A place we all find our peace
Come - open your heart
Reach for the stars
Believe your own power
Now, here in this place
Here on this earth
This is the hour
It's just a place we call paradise
Each of us has his own
It has no name, no, it has no price
It's just a place we call home
A dream that reaches beyond the stars
The endless blue of the skies
Forever wondering who we are?
Forever questioning why?
Come - open your heart
Reach for the stars
Believe your own power
Now, here in this place
Here on this earth
This is the hour
There shines a light in the heart of man
That defies the dead of the night
A beam that glows within every soul
(((*()*))) Koala hugs and Take Care
Good nite xx
Thank you ~ just quickly scrolling through this morning as I have to leave early for work and finally get my car LOL... Thursday seems ages ago, now that it is Tuesday :)

"(((*()*))) Koala hugs" and Blessings to you too, PW, until next time our words mingle :)

#502006 Mar 11, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh honey....(I think you responded to the wrong post)
This was the meltdown;
<quoted text by HFY>
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it possible that you are unable to comprehend even the simplest of explanatory statements?
- descriptive research is NOT hypothesis testing
- we cannot draw conclusions from descriptive research
- the mistake your doctor made was to do so
- who cares if "hundreds of scientists" believe in bad science?
- who are these "hundreds of scientists" and, more importantly, where is the science?
- where is the science? where is the science? where is the science to back up your repetitive, ridiculous claims?
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
And:
Now, stupid, did that make it into your tiny brain?
<quoted text by HFY>
It's ok, you don't have to thank me :-)
Well Ma'am, I'll thank ya for the morning chuckle :)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#502007 Mar 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, not in the least.
Enjoy your delusions.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#502008 Mar 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible was written by men and forced on Christianity by Emperor Constantine.
You follow men, not Jesus. That is a fact.
Not according to bible writings.Constantine was only a man human only.No I follow something much deeper than man.You tend to want to do my thinking for me and assume way too much of me.Again leave the judging in God's hands not man's.Tis my own personal belief which only belongs to me.

#502009 Mar 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, what Collins demonstrates is that a Christian can only be religious on weekends if he is to be a respectable scientist. He has to be an evidence oriented thinker in the laboratory, not a person of faith, or he can't do science. There is no place for superstition or magical thinking in scientific research. To be successful at work during the week and in church on Sunday, one needs to learn to compartmentalize his thoughts. Far from being compatible, religious thought and scientific thought must be completely segregated.
At http://www.samharris.org/site/full_text/the-s... , Sam Harris points out the tremendous conflict of interest in having a head of the NIH that believes in magic:
"It is widely claimed that there can be no conflict, in principle, between science and religion because many scientists are themselves “religious,” and some even believe in the God of Abraham and in the truth of ancient miracles.
"What can be shown by example is how poorly religious scientists manage to reconcile reason and faith when they actually attempt to do so. Few such efforts have received more public attention than the work of Francis Collins.
"[A]s director of the institutes, Collins will have more responsibility for biomedical and health-related research than any person on earth, controlling an annual budget of more than $30 billion. He will also be one of the foremost representatives of science in the United States. For this reason, it is important to understand Collins’ religious beliefs as they relate to scientific inquiry.
"Would Collins have received the same treatment ... if he had argued for the compatibility between science and witchcraft, astrology, or Tarot cards?"
Harris goes on to quote Collins:
"After evolution had prepared a sufficiently advanced “house”(the human brain), God gifted humanity with the knowledge of good and evil (the Moral Law), with free will, and with an immortal soul. We humans use our free will to break the moral law, leading to our estrangement from God. For Christians, Jesus is the solution to that estrangement.
"If the Moral Law is just a side effect of evolution, then there is no such thing as good or evil. It’s all an illusion. We’ve been hoodwinked. Are any of us, especially the strong atheists, really prepared to live our lives within that worldview?"
Harris points out that neuroscientists applying for NIH funding to study the evolution of human morals would be subject to a conflict of interest if Collins has any say about where the NIH money is spent. Why would a Christian allocate scarce resources to such folly? Why should any of us even have to wonder what he would do?
Well, lucky no-one took any notice of Sam Harris, hey?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#502010 Mar 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy your delusions.
Enjoy yours!

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#502011 Mar 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why...thank you Irrira for the video. It will come in handy if my apartment complex ever decides to let me get a horse. They will charge extra on the rent but hey...having a horse in my dining room might certainly be worth it. I read once that in some state it is illegal to give a horse a bath in your bathtub. I will have to check the state where I live.
The rest of your post...I will have to think about after I have had more coffee. It is 5:30 in the morning here...
Thanks again for my horse video Irirra...so you think I should become a horse trainer???
:-)
I spent the weekend at the Michigan horse expo and for a moment I thought my eyes deceived me when I came upon this one!
http://www.zeldathezorse.com/about-zelda.html
I jokingly sent my husband a text with her photo and stats, asking if he minded if I brought her home….I could almost read the panic in his return text message ;O)

(16.2 hands is a large horse....erm zorse btw.)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#502012 Mar 11, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Not according to bible writings.Constantine was only a man human only.No I follow something much deeper than man.You tend to want to do my thinking for me and assume way too much of me.Again leave the judging in God's hands not man's.Tis my own personal belief which only belongs to me.
You don't believe the Christian Bible was written and authorized by God ?

Good. The Bible is a handful of texts that were approved by Emperor Constantine in the 4th Cent. AD as the only texts to be read by Christians in the Roman Emprire and that the Roman form of Christiainity was the only one allowed. All other Christians would be converted or killed and their books burnt. THAT is a well documented FACT.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#502013 Mar 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy your delusions.
No thank you, I don't wanna take your enjoyment away from you.(c:

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#502014 Mar 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>aww..so sweet. Was you whispering this to Wilderide while defending the virtues of Homosexuality?
Homosexuality is not more or less "virtuous" than heterosexuality.

See, the problem is that you are following a book written by a culture that was homophobic, misogynistic, and racist. There is no rationalization for any of those things. Yet, as I've pointed out to you before, you don't agree that slavery is a moral virtue, yet the Bible condones it. Same with homosexuality, but in reverse.

There is really nothing about homosexuality that you can't also say about heterosexuality, which makes criticizing one over the other impossible. The only difference is the gender combinations of the people in question.

So you again show yourself to be a moral hypocrite, using the Bible to rationalize your own prejudices.

San Francisco

#502015 Mar 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>ah! You're. lol.
So you feeling bad and sad how you and the other freethinkers getting treated, and you using the tenets of Christianity to lesson the punch huh?
Well I truly believe you have made secular humanism into a laughing stock, and now that you are getting crushed on the thread, you and the other freethinkers using Christianity and Jesus to bail you out.
Good luck. You're a laughable immoral evil Slave and deserve everything that came to you on this billboard.
You sure exhibit lot of egotism. Did you learn that from Jesus?

San Francisco

#502016 Mar 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>another theory is you ask the same questions because your intellect is not acute to understand spiritual matters.
Says the guy who can't figure out omniscience vs. free-will.

BTW, If I'm not "intellectually acute" enough to understand spiritual matters, then you just tossed away one of the main precepts of the New Testament, i.e. that it is open to everyone. Are you sure you want that to be your final answer? Crippling Christianity to get a dig in at one person?

San Francisco

#502017 Mar 11, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Happy;
Is no one interested in any of my opinions.lol My opinions are worthless.lol Scripture holds more value ya know but only for some.For some it just leaves a bitter taste.That it in two nut shells.
Scripture is only for some?

Romans 1:16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek (i.e., Gentiles)"

Would God allow some people to be born incapable of believing, i.e., they are pre-destined to be damned, with no hope of salvation?

San Francisco

#502018 Mar 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians follow Paul. That is why I am not a Christian.
But Saul/Paul promises that Jesus authorized him. Really. He appeared in his head and everything.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#502019 Mar 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You know is really just a technicality why they cant put the research in a peer reviewed journal don't you?
Because they have enough evidence from other documented instances in other hospitals especially in europe to draw their conclusions.
Its because of the structural integrity of Quantitative research perimeters that have to be met..and they simply do not have enough under the AWARE research. But they have some. Its really only a matter of months.
But your website link summary is really what I already stipulated to you and reads factual based on whats in the book.
I do not read much into what a scientist says unless their opinion is published in a peer reviewed journal. My reasoning is…who better to pick apart what someone has to say, than their peers? A fellow on another thread was trying to claim that science has proven that the God gene is real and it is a genetic disorder that can be cured….I asked him for the peer reviewed journal that states such….have yet to receive a link to such a paper. <<shrugs>>

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#502020 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, what?
Does Mrs RR know how you post on here sometimes.....:-)

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#502021 Mar 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people are Christian
You are letting the circles you travel in color your opinions
Now I have no problem if someone says others have a right not to have people force their beliefs on them. Although that's more of a public thing. What goes on within families is up to the family. People in families have to hear things all the time they may prefer not to and a lot of times it may even be for their own good. Without being in the family we can't know the dynamic
But imo a lot of guys have lost touch with the fact that you are in the vast minority. Until you figure that out and why that necessitates a different approach and finding some common ground because you desperately will need help from within the religious community if you want any social change then you guys will continue to be your own worst enemies
If you draw a line in the sand do you really think anybody who believes in God is going to step across it?
Accept you are the minority. The go from there
I don't say that as an insult. I am simply stating the facts
You took my statement out of context.

My only point was that it is better to keep one's religious views private, if bringing them up causes family discord.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min Lumajuice 809,118
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 28 min June VanDerMark 573,815
Obama earned Giuliani's assessment 33 min Polaris 2
Moses never existed 34 min KiMare 1,274
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 37 min End Times 1,622
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 41 min Naked Truth from ... 39,603
Uzbekistan: tentacles of American octopus have ... 1 hr yupulat 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 268,833
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 17 hr hehehe7385 17
More from around the web