#502065 Mar 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>lol, good evening j-lu.
Hi Lawest :-) how's things with you?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#502066 Mar 11, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>Whether some can or cannot is one question. Whether one should or should not is another. If everything is God's will, then everything should be celebrated, seems to me. Maybe part of the Christian path is learning to embrace what appears to be evil. In fact, isn't "evil" part of God's plan too?
Yes. It is. I wouldn't say we're mean to embrace evil.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#502068 Mar 11, 2013
*meant

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#502069 Mar 11, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey River, I thought so too. She was so docile and adorable…hard for me to imagine her jumping a full six feet. Learn something new everyday ;O)
I'm glad that horse link I sent Annie J by mistake became such a talking point.

Your Nelly surely was a cutie, tho I too had to 'look' closely'- having been with Zebras in Africa - I haven't seen a horse with these beautiful marking before.

I have never had the pleasure of owning...

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#502070 Mar 11, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you seem to presume understanding, then explain to me how you can follow Jesus if not through the Bible? Where do you get your information about Jesus and what he wants from his followers from?
<quoted text>
Correct, so far.
<quoted text>
Nope. Wrong. I think I see where you are getting lost now, though. It doesn't matter who is the one who is omniscient. As soon as the future is knowable, then fate exists, and free will cannot. It doesn't actually matter who it is who knows the future; you, me, God. It's the fact that the future is knowable at all.
Ironically, we would not actually know if we had free will or not unless we didn't by being omniscient. If no one was omniscient, then it would forever remain a mystery.
<quoted text>
There you go again! Go read Galatians 5:22-23.
Well we will agree to disagree then, just like every other subject.

Because its very simple to me. God knows all the actions thoughts and outcomes that happens in your life, you do not, because you are not God.

So when you take an action, do a deed, say a word, that is your choice. Because there is no way for you to know you would have done or said a,b,or c. You did and said those things on your own, in your own power, in your own Free Will.

That it. I no know how to make my position any clearer. So now you can find another Jesus Follower to argue this point with for the infinite times you discuss it already.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#502071 Mar 11, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lawest :-) how's things with you?
Hey Lucy... did you get some rest?
>>>hugs<<<
Adam

Germany

#502072 Mar 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>That was one of the Prayers I used to say as a kid :)
Me too. When I started to hear Metallica when I was a teenager. Enter Sandman.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#502073 Mar 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You're Pro-Immorality. You are Pro-Homosexuality. You're Pro-Perverseness.
You have yet to submit even one suggestion for a Christian-themed happy hour drink at the Holy Church of Catcher.

Surely you can come up with one or two drink names, perhaps along the lines of your post above.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#502074 Mar 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Trifectal, I'm not sure that I've ever posted to you before but a question here if I may, you said that many people believe in Christ but don't have a Bible or go to church?.........but isn't following Jesus Christ means to obey his Word?, I know that the world is populated by many false churches, pastors and denominations, but if one is honest and sincere in heart unto Christ then God WILL lead them to where the truth is being preached in it's fullness, you see that is how a believer stays strong in the spirit by staying up under the Word preached, because the Word preached sent down by God through the mouth piece ( the pastor ) he is using is food to the inner man ( our spirit/soul ) for us to grow by and stay strong in Christ just as natural foods are needed to sustain the physical body, without which we wither and pass away if we go too without it, the same goes for the spirit without the Word, we will eventually back slide and go back into a world of sin.
We must agree however when you told him that Jesus Christ is not a religion but the mighty God IN whom we serve, and oyr salvation is all about HIM and him alone.
I welcome your feedback on this and have a Blessed evening.
Romans 10:13-15
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
I see it this way. The bible is a necessary, but not indispensable.

There are remote tribes, all over this world, that can't read. The only way the gospel can get to them, is maybe a tribal leader learn a little about Jesus Christ, and communicate that to the tribe through non verbal communication.

So I agree with what Paul is saying in Romans 10.

But the Spirit of YHWH God that a person receives when they believe, works on the conscience. And that person won't...well let me say IMO...won't grow as fast and as spiritually strong as someone with access to the bible.

So I understand what you saying. And I would say it apply to 90-95% of worldwide believers. But there is that 5 to 10% of the world, that are still living as tribes, remote, and jungle people. That cannot read and no have any hope of reading much less owning a bible. And the gospel get to them through non verbals, and they saved, just as much as you and me writer.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#502075 Mar 11, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
But that's what I'm asking. Is evil outside of God's plan?
Adam

Germany

#502076 Mar 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Adam :)
I had just tried to click on it. Not available.-Very strange.

San Francisco

#502077 Mar 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Well we will agree to disagree then, just like every other subject.
Because its very simple to me. God knows all the actions thoughts and outcomes that happens in your life, you do not, because you are not God.
So when you take an action, do a deed, say a word, that is your choice. Because there is no way for you to know you would have done or said a,b,or c. You did and said those things on your own, in your own power, in your own Free Will.
That it. I no know how to make my position any clearer. So now you can find another Jesus Follower to argue this point with for the infinite times you discuss it already.
If God knew what all of your thoughts and actions would be before you were born, then how could you do otherwise?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#502078 Mar 11, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...
I better be nice...I figure you're asking for it.
Have a nice day Mr. Wild Rider.
CS.
:)

Fremont, CA

#502079 Mar 11, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm...
I better be nice...I figure you're asking for it.
Have a nice day Mr. Wild Rider.
CS.
What about you?

Might you have one or two suggestions for Christian-theme names of drinks for the forthcoming spectacular Holy Church of Catcher happy hour?

Fremont, CA

#502080 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
From a hetero standpoint, homo is a perverted way of having relationships and/or sex.
There's "supposed" to be a His/Hers towel bar, not a His/His...
One is supposed to shave the face, the other shaves legs...
One's an innie, on'es an outtie.
Any other deviation from that seems to be perverted.
Sorry.
You just dropped 20 points on the Catcher scale of decency.

San Francisco

#502081 Mar 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>I see it this way. The bible is a necessary, but not indispensable.
There are remote tribes, all over this world, that can't read. The only way the gospel can get to them, is maybe a tribal leader learn a little about Jesus Christ, and communicate that to the tribe through non verbal communication.
So I agree with what Paul is saying in Romans 10.
But the Spirit of YHWH God that a person receives when they believe, works on the conscience. And that person won't...well let me say IMO...won't grow as fast and as spiritually strong as someone with access to the bible.
So I understand what you saying. And I would say it apply to 90-95% of worldwide believers. But there is that 5 to 10% of the world, that are still living as tribes, remote, and jungle people. That cannot read and no have any hope of reading much less owning a bible. And the gospel get to them through non verbals, and they saved, just as much as you and me writer.
But nevertheless, the Bible is what dictates what Christian ideology is. Otherwise it is not founded on anything.

What if one of those illiterate people you refer to have important questions about Christian doctrine? What to believe or how to behave? Are they to be told that those things don't matter? Because the Bible says they very much matter.
Thighumper

Vernonia, OR

#502082 Mar 11, 2013
Jesus is too busy forgiving all the christians over and over and over again, to have any time to help the rest of us.... *sighs* .....

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#502083 Mar 11, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
.. do you think of yourself or others as being intrinsically good or bad ??..

.. or, is there only action and reaction, cause and effect ??..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#502084 Mar 11, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
If God knew what all of your thoughts and actions would be before you were born, then how could you do otherwise?
To this question, time to apply biblical wisdom:

2nd Tim
23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#502085 Mar 11, 2013
I am going to keep posting this till a Christian - who loves The Word - can explain.

Another poster - an atheist - was kind enough to reply, but respected my reply when seeking a Christian's. At least they tried...

It is because so many use this version NIV, that I ask.
It concerns me.

???
Passages omitted from the NRV Bible
Matthew 17 

Jesus Heals a Demon-Possessed Boy
14 When they came to the crowd, a man approached Jesus and knelt before him. 

15 “Lord, have mercy on my son,” he said.“He has seizuresand is suffering greatly. He often falls into the fire or into the water. 

16 I brought him to your disciples, but they could not heal him.”

17 “You unbelieving and perverse generation,”Jesus replied, “how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy here to me.” 

18 Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of the boy, and he was healed at that moment.

19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out? 

20 He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain,‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” 

[21] [a]
Missing![a]= Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 

Jesus Predicts His Death a Second Time
22 When they came together in Galilee, he said to them, “The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men. 

King James Version by Public Domain 

14 And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying,

15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatick, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.

16 And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.

17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.

18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.

19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?

20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

---->>> 21 Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

22 And while they abode in Galilee, Jesus said unto them, The Son of man shall be betrayed into the hands of men:

Why is it left out? 
>>>this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

More if you are interested. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch ... 

*** I find it revolting the way some priests expel 'evil spirits'. 

Jesus never had to have his own fits while so doing, nor have a team to help him hold the sorry soul down, nor have to come back and finish the exorcism in more attempts to do so.

Is this why this verse 21 was left out?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Gabriel 981,381
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Just Think 673,377
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr ROCCO 104,772
Ted Bundy's Daughter (Jul '14) 3 hr cval84 8
is god black or white? and why? (Oct '08) 4 hr daniellehurley 452
CNN: Bill Cosby past away today after long batt... (Dec '08) 4 hr True Christian-Jew 84
crooks frauds predators 6 hr anonymous 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 hr FireyFellow44 445,814
More from around the web