“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#501990 Mar 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
The Christian who cares only what his church teaches him and is otherwise uninterested in the public's opinions is not one of us.
The church teaches that unbelievers are all no good and are untrustworthy, which is why for centuries, we were considered unfit to teach, coach, adopt, give testimony, serve on juries or in other positions of public trust.
But can people who view mankind so negatively and who are openly dismissive of our opinions be trusted?
THE Church..........the one that christ is building off of his Word let's us know that with out HIM, we can do nothing, and yes..........again without Christ, the best that you can do is liken unto filthy rags.

Also you are right, we ( the saints ) are not one of you, thus the blessing of being an elect by the power of almighty God

John 15:19--If ye were of the world, the world would love his own; but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#501991 Mar 11, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Thank You for Your Word; Your Word that is like honey to my lips and balm to my soul. I pray that the words that go forth out of my mouth shall be "pleasant words, like a honeycomb," to the people around me. I want my words to be like "sweetness to the soul and health to the bones," so that I may encourage others, build them up, and point them to You. If I may share just an inkling of the love and sweetness You give to me...I will be blessed and will be a blessing. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.
Prime time with God
Amen.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#501992 Mar 11, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
And Bible says follow no man. Amen God gives to all who ask,seek and find.
Amen, Good A LW, how're you today?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#501993 Mar 11, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
In need of some TLC.
The Lego Company?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#501994 Mar 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Amen, Good A LW, how're you today?
Doin fine God bless

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#501995 Mar 11, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
And Bible says follow no man....
Christians follow Paul. That is why I am not a Christian.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#501996 Mar 11, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Its messed up
Unfortunately I don't even know if I should be offended by how uninformed most voters are. Sure most just regurgitate talking points and don't know anything past that and that's more than even most can do. But at the end of the day does it matter? We have two parties. Why spend untold hours keeping myself informed when I know damn well I am not voting Republican because even if I like the candidate I have to worry about control of the house and senate. So maybe I am just better off not wasting my time and learning nothing and knowing nothing about what the candidates stand for or their background it or their policies or platform and just go in and mindlessly pull the level?
That is why I am so disgusted with how this system works because there is no advantage to being knowledgeable. And some moron's vote that knows nothing offsets mine just as easily as someone who spent who knows how many hours keeping themselves current?
And then you get into does it even matter who wins cause the powers that be are going to get what they want no matter what imo
It is very frustrating and I am tired of being a part of it.
(T) Peace
I understand, I believe that it does matter but only on the smallest of levels, so many people think that it is a terrible thing for one not to exercise their right to vote, but no..........it is really far worst not to employ your God given right to take on the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation sake, because this will determine your souls final destination. no one will receive the kingdom or be casted into hell sorely because they did or did not vote either, that's why I am glad IN whom I have placed my trust.

Peace.

Location hidden

#501997 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Lego Company?
Hope someday you find that lego company with
much happiness and contentment.Next time you
go for coffee it my just sit down in a chair
next to you.Unbeknown to you.
_Chartreuse_

Berlin, Germany

#501998 Mar 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish all the Christians in the USA would claim that Christianity isn't a religion. We need the tax dollars their 'social clubs' aren't paying.
I fart up your nose.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#501999 Mar 11, 2013
_Chartreuse_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I fart up your nose.
Such Christian love.

Another reason I am not a Christian.

Location hidden

#502000 Mar 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians follow Paul. That is why I am not a Christian.
No people follow the Bible writings,and Paul is a part of thoses ancient writings.Leave it to God to do the judging.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#502001 Mar 11, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
No people follow the Bible writings,and Paul is a part of thoses ancient writings.Leave it to God to do the judging.
The Bible was written by men and forced on Christianity by Emperor Constantine.

You follow men, not Jesus. That is a fact.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#502002 Mar 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, not in the least.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#502003 Mar 11, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope someday you find that lego company with
much happiness and contentment.Next time you
go for coffee it my just sit down in a chair
next to you.Unbeknown to you.
lol, what?

I'm married, silly. Happily married.

Location hidden

#502004 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, what?
I'm married, silly. Happily married.
Okay.lol

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#502005 Mar 11, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Ja... I don't like them – pain killers. My body rejects the things medics have tried at times.
I can get drunk on water! Must have something to do with all that coconut water I drank in Life.
>>>smile<<<
Hey, I wouldn't like to be in your shoes there with what still must be done.
Have never had that side of life to deal with so fully.
My mum, dad and 2 husbands deceased when I was very young – by 38 - and all we had was love between us to share... so can't imagine what it must be like.
I pray all sorts itself out for you.
Sounds like you have a good family support and start there.
So my friend... what can I imagine?
When the story of these times gets written, we want it to say that we did all we could, and it was more than anyone could have imagined. 
-- Bono
and this...
conquest of paradise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_I5stUDniy4XX
There shines a light in the heart of man
That defies the dead of the night
A beam that glows within every soul
Like wings of hope taking flight
A sunny day, when a baby's born
The little things that we say
A special sparkle in someone's eye
Simple gifts, every day
Somewhere there's a paradise
Where everyone finds release
It's here on earth and between your eyes
A place we all find our peace
Come - open your heart
Reach for the stars
Believe your own power
Now, here in this place
Here on this earth
This is the hour
It's just a place we call paradise
Each of us has his own
It has no name, no, it has no price
It's just a place we call home
A dream that reaches beyond the stars
The endless blue of the skies
Forever wondering who we are?
Forever questioning why?
Come - open your heart
Reach for the stars
Believe your own power
Now, here in this place
Here on this earth
This is the hour
There shines a light in the heart of man
That defies the dead of the night
A beam that glows within every soul
(((*()*))) Koala hugs and Take Care
Good nite xx
Thank you ~ just quickly scrolling through this morning as I have to leave early for work and finally get my car LOL... Thursday seems ages ago, now that it is Tuesday :)

"(((*()*))) Koala hugs" and Blessings to you too, PW, until next time our words mingle :)

#502006 Mar 11, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh honey....(I think you responded to the wrong post)
This was the meltdown;
<quoted text by HFY>
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it possible that you are unable to comprehend even the simplest of explanatory statements?
- descriptive research is NOT hypothesis testing
- we cannot draw conclusions from descriptive research
- the mistake your doctor made was to do so
- who cares if "hundreds of scientists" believe in bad science?
- who are these "hundreds of scientists" and, more importantly, where is the science?
- where is the science? where is the science? where is the science to back up your repetitive, ridiculous claims?
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
And:
Now, stupid, did that make it into your tiny brain?
<quoted text by HFY>
It's ok, you don't have to thank me :-)
Well Ma'am, I'll thank ya for the morning chuckle :)

“Love much, trust none”

There

#502007 Mar 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, not in the least.
Enjoy your delusions.

Location hidden

#502008 Mar 11, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Not according to bible writings.Constantine was only a man human only.No I follow something much deeper than man.You tend to want to do my thinking for me and assume way too much of me.Again leave the judging in God's hands not man's.Tis my own personal belief which only belongs to me.

#502009 Mar 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, what Collins demonstrates is that a Christian can only be religious on weekends if he is to be a respectable scientist. He has to be an evidence oriented thinker in the laboratory, not a person of faith, or he can't do science. There is no place for superstition or magical thinking in scientific research. To be successful at work during the week and in church on Sunday, one needs to learn to compartmentalize his thoughts. Far from being compatible, religious thought and scientific thought must be completely segregated.
At http://www.samharris.org/site/full_text/the-s... , Sam Harris points out the tremendous conflict of interest in having a head of the NIH that believes in magic:
"It is widely claimed that there can be no conflict, in principle, between science and religion because many scientists are themselves “religious,” and some even believe in the God of Abraham and in the truth of ancient miracles.
"What can be shown by example is how poorly religious scientists manage to reconcile reason and faith when they actually attempt to do so. Few such efforts have received more public attention than the work of Francis Collins.
"[A]s director of the institutes, Collins will have more responsibility for biomedical and health-related research than any person on earth, controlling an annual budget of more than $30 billion. He will also be one of the foremost representatives of science in the United States. For this reason, it is important to understand Collins’ religious beliefs as they relate to scientific inquiry.
"Would Collins have received the same treatment ... if he had argued for the compatibility between science and witchcraft, astrology, or Tarot cards?"
Harris goes on to quote Collins:
"After evolution had prepared a sufficiently advanced “house”(the human brain), God gifted humanity with the knowledge of good and evil (the Moral Law), with free will, and with an immortal soul. We humans use our free will to break the moral law, leading to our estrangement from God. For Christians, Jesus is the solution to that estrangement.
"If the Moral Law is just a side effect of evolution, then there is no such thing as good or evil. It’s all an illusion. We’ve been hoodwinked. Are any of us, especially the strong atheists, really prepared to live our lives within that worldview?"
Harris points out that neuroscientists applying for NIH funding to study the evolution of human morals would be subject to a conflict of interest if Collins has any say about where the NIH money is spent. Why would a Christian allocate scarce resources to such folly? Why should any of us even have to wonder what he would do?
Well, lucky no-one took any notice of Sam Harris, hey?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Stilgar Fifrawi 779,299
Will the False Prophet come from the Vatican??? 20 min Liam 23
Easy ways to reduce stress 32 min demha 1
Everybody know that moroccan people have the b... 1 hr blackgirl 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 265,592
Moroccan men have the largest penis (Oct '13) 1 hr blackafricanmen 19
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Michael 560,750
Gay snapchat names 2 hr edm732 188
Moses never existed 2 hr KiMare 862
More from around the web