Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#502025 Mar 11, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Mrs RR know how you post on here sometimes.....:-)
Hell noooo!

She don't even know I post here at all.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#502026 Mar 11, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the guy who can't figure out omniscience vs. free-will.
BTW, If I'm not "intellectually acute" enough to understand spiritual matters, then you just tossed away one of the main precepts of the New Testament, i.e. that it is open to everyone. Are you sure you want that to be your final answer? Crippling Christianity to get a dig in at one person?
For you to not have free will, you would have to be omniscient as God is.

You can't get that, because your is not capable.

Crippling Christianity matters not to me either way. Its a religion. I'm not into religion.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#502027 Mar 11, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure exhibit lot of egotism. Did you learn that from Jesus?
Why would you think anyone learns anything from someone you believe is a myth?

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#502028 Mar 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why...thank you Irrira for the video. It will come in handy if my apartment complex ever decides to let me get a horse. They will charge extra on the rent but hey...having a horse in my dining room might certainly be worth it. I read once that in some state it is illegal to give a horse a bath in your bathtub. I will have to check the state where I live.
The rest of your post...I will have to think about after I have had more coffee. It is 5:30 in the morning here...
Thanks again for my horse video Irirra...so you think I should become a horse trainer???
:-)
Your's was the 1st post I read Annie J, and after a stinking hot airless night of a heatwave, I wasn't really awake myself... until I stated reading...

A little confused at your jubilation, and wondering 'what horse?'- so checked the video, and felt an idiot - but the more I read the more I was laughing and truly awake by the end.

So thank you Sister Friend for such a happy waking moment! Ishi-i knew how tired I was just before that, and wondered 'what now?' as I couldn't believe my stupidity nor 'your horse'.
Thank you again... I'm awake!

You are a great example of drawing mistakes to one's attention with a whole lot-o-humor... and always a true friend.

>>>hugs<<< 4 that and hope the post itself won't spoil your coffee, but here's the right one!

It's a sparrow

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#502029 Mar 11, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is not more or less "virtuous" than heterosexuality.
See, the problem is that you are following a book written by a culture that was homophobic, misogynistic, and racist. There is no rationalization for any of those things. Yet, as I've pointed out to you before, you don't agree that slavery is a moral virtue, yet the Bible condones it. Same with homosexuality, but in reverse.
There is really nothing about homosexuality that you can't also say about heterosexuality, which makes criticizing one over the other impossible. The only difference is the gender combinations of the people in question.
So you again show yourself to be a moral hypocrite, using the Bible to rationalize your own prejudices.
You're Pro-Immorality. You are Pro-Homosexuality. You're Pro-Perverseness.

You have made that clear on the billboard. Why you keep explaining yourself? you think you going to change anyone's mind? why you care so much about what a bunch of people in a religion that you left thinks of you? Do you not have any friends?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#502030 Mar 11, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not read much into what a scientist says unless their opinion is published in a peer reviewed journal. My reasoning is…who better to pick apart what someone has to say, than their peers? A fellow on another thread was trying to claim that science has proven that the God gene is real and it is a genetic disorder that can be cured….I asked him for the peer reviewed journal that states such….have yet to receive a link to such a paper. <<shrugs>>
Well in the case of Dr Parnia, he and his AWARE team and other scientists have been working on this for yrs.

So they already know what the criticisms will be. That the reason why I think even though they have enough evidence outside of their experimental perimeters, they are being overly and extra careful because the science is so new and cutting edge.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#502031 Mar 11, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I was offended. I also think that is why she said it...she knew that it would.
Over the time that I have been here many have shared about their lives. Some have shared about their children that had drinking or drug problems. Others have shared mistakes that they have made. Some about the loss of loved ones and about the loss of their pets.
I would never use any of that to take jabs at others even if it grew thin. I learned a lesson though...I will share nothing else about my life.
Sharing life experiences can be rewarding...hopefully those things that we experience and learn from can help others. Sometimes though it gives others ammo to use against you.
I don't know NS...I believe that we should share those things...it helps to make sense of ones own life...I have come to the conclusion though that maybe it is not worth it.
Oh well...
Anyway...hope spring is on the way in your little spot of the world. I walked through cherry blossoms on the sidewalk the other day...always a sign that spring will soon be here.
Hey Annie, good to read you! I would never ask you to be someone that you aren’t, but your comment of “I will share nothing else about my life” truly saddens me. I have pondered (as one example of many) how you get what you do from a simple raindrop hitting a puddle, and enjoy the spark that I feel you add to my own reading on here. You talk about your rambling in some of your posts, but I love to read your open sharing of the small things you come across and choose to appreciate in life….that many of us can lose sight of. What ever you decide to do on here AnnieJ, thank you for being you my friend. We don’t always agree…can’t tell you how happy that makes me. ;O)

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#502032 Mar 11, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I spent the weekend at the Michigan horse expo and for a moment I thought my eyes deceived me when I came upon this one!
http://www.zeldathezorse.com/about-zelda.html
I jokingly sent my husband a text with her photo and stats, asking if he minded if I brought her home….I could almost read the panic in his return text message ;O)
(16.2 hands is a large horse....erm zorse btw.)
.. hi ya NS4ME ..

.. Zelda is awesome. Thanks for sharing ..

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#502033 Mar 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>For you to not have free will, you would have to be omniscient as God is.
Actually, you are partially correct. If the future is knowable, then fate exists, and free will cannot. It doesn't actually matter who is omniscient, the point is that the future is knowable.

So if God is omniscient, then free will cannot exist. If God already knows what will happen to you before you are born, then you cannot do otherwise.

As I mentioned before (perhaps it was to another person), there is actually alot of evidence in the Bible that God is not omniscient. You can't get angry or be surprised, or lose a battle because the opposition had an army with chariot wheels, if you are omniscient.

But I think you said before you do not use the Bible as a guide, is that correct?
Crippling Christianity matters not to me either way. Its a religion. I'm not into religion.
Jesus comes with religion. Can't have one without the other. Now what type of religion can vary widely of course, but there is always some kind of ideology attached.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#502034 Mar 11, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the guy who can't figure out omniscience vs. free-will.
BTW, If I'm not "intellectually acute" enough to understand spiritual matters, then you just tossed away one of the main precepts of the New Testament, i.e. that it is open to everyone. Are you sure you want that to be your final answer? Crippling Christianity to get a dig in at one person?
Minor correction...For you to not have free will, you would have to be omniscient as God is.

You can't get that, because your brain is not capable.

Crippling Christianity matters not to me either way. Its a religion. I'm not into religion

San Francisco

#502035 Mar 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Why would you think anyone learns anything from someone you believe is a myth?
You seem to be describing a moral parable. I think they are potentially very good ways of conveying an ethical idea.

San Francisco

#502036 Mar 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You're Pro-Immorality. You are Pro-Homosexuality. You're Pro-Perverseness.
You keep calling homosexuality a perversion, yet you are never able to rationalize why it's a perversion. Why is it a perversion whereas heterosexuality is not?

I say that neither are a perversion inherently. It depends on how the individual behaves that makes a sexual expression moral or immoral.
You have made that clear on the billboard. Why you keep explaining yourself? you think you going to change anyone's mind? why you care so much about what a bunch of people in a religion that you left thinks of you? Do you not have any friends?
You are assuming again. My intention is not to change anyone's mind. My intention is to have a discussion on morality and ethics. If we disagree, that's fine with me. I don't expect other people to agree with me necessarily. That would be pretty insecure.

“Miles from Nowhere”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#502037 Mar 11, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I spent the weekend at the Michigan horse expo and for a moment I thought my eyes deceived me when I came upon this one!
http://www.zeldathezorse.com/about-zelda.html
I jokingly sent my husband a text with her photo and stats, asking if he minded if I brought her home….I could almost read the panic in his return text message ;O)
(16.2 hands is a large horse....erm zorse btw.)
That is so cool.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#502038 Mar 11, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you are partially correct. If the future is knowable, then fate exists, and free will cannot. It doesn't actually matter who is omniscient, the point is that the future is knowable.
So if God is omniscient, then free will cannot exist. If God already knows what will happen to you before you are born, then you cannot do otherwise.
As I mentioned before (perhaps it was to another person), there is actually alot of evidence in the Bible that God is not omniscient. You can't get angry or be surprised, or lose a battle because the opposition had an army with chariot wheels, if you are omniscient.
But I think you said before you do not use the Bible as a guide, is that correct?
<quoted text>
Jesus comes with religion. Can't have one without the other. Now what type of religion can vary widely of course, but there is always some kind of ideology attached.
That's your lack of understanding and ignorance talking.

Millions of people follow Jesus Christ, and do not have a bible, go to church, or do any religious activities. They simply believed. Believing, is not a religious act. Jesus Christ is not Religion. Jesus Christ condemned religion. You are writing out of ignorance.

But wait...are you actually stupid?, or you just cannot understand.

God is omniscient.

God knows all actions you will take, before you do them. And God knows all the outcomes of such actions/thoughts, before you do.

But you do not know what you will do, until the appointed time in your life and history confronts you.

So you have free will, because you were not in existence before time on the throne with God seeing all the actions you would do before you were born.

So although God knew what you would do at age 10 or 20 or 30 or 70 or 80...YOU DONT.

How come you still no understand?

Maybe a better writer can write it for you. How about Counter Strike? you want him to explain it? or maybe Skombolis, he a pretty good writer.

Iyai!oy! my goodness you is as dense as a volcano rock, no wonder you turn atheist, God can't get nothing through that thick skull of yours.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#502039 Mar 11, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
If I misunderstood, please describe how. You are very good at criticism but pretty bad at rationales.
Hmmm...
I better be nice...I figure you're asking for it.

Have a nice day Mr. Wild Rider.

CS.
Adam

Germany

#502040 Mar 11, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
GOoD evening Adam -- I'm not sure if you heard about the sink hole in Florida that opened up underneath a mans bedroom and he fell into it over a 100 ft deep -- it was just so dangerous to try any further rescue they buried the home in the hole and then filled with gravel,
One never knows when the lay there head down at night will morning come -- but I remember that little prayer as a child and for my children and grandchildren as well -- thank you for sharing -- TLC - OSG - Judy
Hi granny,

As a child I was told to be a believer, otherwise they would be consumed by a being from the earth. Now I know that it was not a fairy tale, but pure reality.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#502041 Mar 11, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. hi ya NS4ME ..
.. Zelda is awesome. Thanks for sharing ..
Hello HL, good to read you! It was odd…she was standing beside another horse yet dwarfed it…looking like a donkey. I don’t know if I have shared this in here or not, but my husband and I are preparing our land and barn to adopt two horses in the near future - so he thought I was honestly requesting to bring her home. Draft horses are much larger than the “typical” horse, so when I sent him a text with her stats - he probably thought I had lost my mind ;O)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#502042 Mar 11, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep calling homosexuality a perversion, yet you are never able to rationalize why it's a perversion. Why is it a perversion whereas heterosexuality is not?
I say that neither are a perversion inherently. It depends on how the individual behaves that makes a sexual expression moral or immoral.
<quoted text>
You are assuming again. My intention is not to change anyone's mind. My intention is to have a discussion on morality and ethics. If we disagree, that's fine with me. I don't expect other people to agree with me necessarily. That would be pretty insecure.
Well we disagree. You should know that from long time.

Why homosexuality is a perversion have been discussed so much it pass beating a dead horse. The horse turn dust and you still beating it. iyai!

It seem like you want to change minds because you go over the same material and ask the same questions over and over and over and over and over again writer.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#502043 Mar 11, 2013
wilderide wrote:
From a hetero standpoint, homo is a perverted way of having relationships and/or sex.

There's "supposed" to be a His/Hers towel bar, not a His/His...

One is supposed to shave the face, the other shaves legs...

One's an innie, on'es an outtie.

Any other deviation from that seems to be perverted.

Sorry.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#502044 Mar 11, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>.. hi ya Luci (In The Sky, With Diamonds)..

.. my daughter wants to become a vet. Last summer, as a guest, she enrolled in an on-line biology course offered by a well-known university. The professor? Anthropologist HFY ..

.. like all friends, HFY and I squabble regularly. Our recent debate on an afterlife is a prime example. She's taught me a great deal about science while increasing my spirituality. Few people on Topix knew how deep her river runs ..

.. she's the real deal ..
Ok. I'll just take your word for it then...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr PadMark 673,073
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Sky Writer 31 184,617
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 hr Chris Rather 104,609
Obama Pays Muslim Brotherhood Yearly Membership... 7 hr Chris Rather 2
Do women think men with blue eyes are more attr... (Dec '08) 7 hr Chris Rather 98
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 8 hr Rider on the Storm 4,049
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 9 hr Holy Child Jehova... 395
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 9 hr blkguylooking 471
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 hr Holy Child Jehova... 981,223
More from around the web