Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#501880 Mar 11, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh honey....(I think you responded to the wrong post)
This was the meltdown;
<quoted text by HFY>
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it possible that you are unable to comprehend even the simplest of explanatory statements?
- descriptive research is NOT hypothesis testing
- we cannot draw conclusions from descriptive research
- the mistake your doctor made was to do so
- who cares if "hundreds of scientists" believe in bad science?
- who are these "hundreds of scientists" and, more importantly, where is the science?
- where is the science? where is the science? where is the science to back up your repetitive, ridiculous claims?
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
And:
Now, stupid, did that make it into your tiny brain?
<quoted text by HFY>
It's ok, you don't have to thank me :-)
Remember, I don't make mistakes anymore.

But thanks anyway !!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#501881 Mar 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I can only assume it is because they question what do we have that they cannot grasp? Otherwise I have no idea why those without Faith would want to be in here demanding that their reasons are absolute - especially when they 'brag' about their own intelligence v the intelligence of other posters. Never did have much time for braggarts :O)
Romans 12:3

3 For by the grace (unmerited favor of God) given to me I warn everyone among you not to estimate and think of himself more highly than he ought [not to have an exaggerated opinion of his own importance], but to rate his ability with sober judgment, each according to the degree of faith apportioned by God to him.

(Amplivied version)

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#501882 Mar 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember, I don't make mistakes anymore.
But thanks anyway !!
You just did, you'll make lots more, dw, everyone does and you are very welcome :-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#501883 Mar 11, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I also haven't figured out why Christian – the supposed to be 'love thy neighbour' example – can be so crude, loud, and offensive.
Looks like what you give you get back.
I could only imagine the most upsetting value of the Christian/Atheist exchange of is simply that.
If we met them in the street – or as the good Samaritan aid – would be the better way to approach, to be put into practise, rather than pushing anything beyond injury.
Ja... WSJLM? I don't believe he could if my pride was bigger than my belief.
Ja......

We could all talk without argueing....Athiest's are People Too

<3

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#501884 Mar 11, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, if you look into it, most of her writings lead to the writings of many other Scientists, actual ones not pretend. Unless of course, she is all of them and not who she really is of course. No, I won't expose her or provide 'evidence' here either, no matter how many irrelevant opinions of me you and your half sock army post. You're all very good at copying and pasting, I'll give you that, but then, so is my 9 year old. You figure it out, unless of course, you already know.
The Catcher white sheet has now been drawn over you.

The fact you are seriously damaged couldn't save you in the long run.

Good-bye.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#501885 Mar 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, for part of the airport and a lot of other parts of land surrounding Tokyo Bay.
No, not afraid of quakes. We have them all the time. Our buildings are made to withstand most of them. Even that massive one in 3/11 - one year ago today - barely damaged any buildings. I think one caught on fire in Tokyo. It was the resulting tsunami that wiped our towns off the maps and actually lowered part of the island so what was farmland is now shallow ocean.
I remember seeing the Tsunami coming into the Japanese villages...and the people. It was so SAD....
I live on the East Coast of America (within 15 miles) and I have thought about "The Great Wave"...It doesn't happen here...But it could if an earthquakes happens in the ocean. Charleston Had a bad earthquake about 150 years ago...So I live in "Shaker country" also.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#501886 Mar 11, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember seeing the Tsunami coming into the Japanese villages...and the people. It was so SAD....
I live on the East Coast of America (within 15 miles) and I have thought about "The Great Wave"...It doesn't happen here...But it could if an earthquakes happens in the ocean. Charleston Had a bad earthquake about 150 years ago...So I live in "Shaker country" also.
The Shakers had some interesting beliefs.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#501887 Mar 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Your bible demeans unbelievers. We have no duty to you to not demean everything that you hold sacred:

[1] "The fool says in his heart,'There is no God.' They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good" - Psalm 14:1

[2] "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." - Revelation 21:8

[3]“Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?”- 2 Corinthians 6:14

Now tell me what courtesy or respect you think that you are due from me or any other unbeliever.
AnnieJ wrote:
While I agree that the Christian faith/Bible teaches all of the above...I also have to acknowledge it is what the believer does with this teaching that creates the divide between us all.
Agreed. But please keep in mind that I have always and ever complained about the church and its teaching, not so much the Christians themselves. Some are better than others. Some people are just better people and transcend the teaching of their church.

For example, Seraphine refuses to heed those words.

And Juice was able to contradict her scriptures and tell me that I am not always vile.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

Congratulations to them both. But damn their church anyway.
AnnieJ wrote:
When I came to this thread I had hoped that we could share what we had in common and put differences aside.
How is that possible with people that are taught to shun us and separate themselves from us? We're demon infested to many Christians. They'll tell you that you worship a demon glory in distancing themselves from us:

"Don't conform to the behavior and customs of this world" - Romans 12:2

"If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you." - John 15:19

Christianity is all about division. It began with The Chosen and continues today with The Elect. http://www.gotquestions.org/elect-of-God.html Many are called but few are chosen. They see themselves as separate from us, and I have decided to agree.

These others have separated themselves form us with their derogatory attacks on the dignity and value of mankind. If you want to promote a human community and a brotherhood of man, look to humanism. I wouldn't look to people molded by that church for anything.

Fennario

#501888 Mar 11, 2013
mike wrote:
Posting scriptures as though you follow them is a sign of mental breakdown.
Lil Whiskas can pray up a storm when she's feeling insecure.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#501889 Mar 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that you whitewash the church.
Sure, some people are good and some are bad. The church contributes to the badness, but not to the goodness. Just to clarify, I see no good in the churchy, "God be with you, brother" and "God loves you and so do I." There is no good in a lot of empty words about about love and brotherhood when I see the opposite in the next post.
Not every Christians embraces it all, and a few of you retain a partial connection to the rest of us, but very few and very little. The Christian contempt for things not Christian is palpable, and the feeling becomes mutual.
Sorry, but the Christian community deserves this reaction,especially the one here on this thread. I see it as disloyal to our common humanity. Which of you wouldn't stand with any Christian against any unbeliever whatever the circumstances, however loathsome the Christian?
Paradoxically, I am coming to see the church in precisely the same light in which it casts the rest of us, and taking pleasure in using its own language and ideas against it. It needs to be harshly judged for being unwholesome. It is an enemy of the spirit. And it is filled with vile, abominable fools. It needs to be cast into a lake of fire.
How does that sound to you? If you find it hateful, let me offer more Christian consolation: if you find yourself bristling at such suggestions, it is because you hate goodness, are rebellious, and are trying to escape accountability.
The Christian reaction to this will be whiny victimhood and demonization of the enemy from the attack drones, even as Lil Whiskas amps up the sloppy comfort of her mindless scriptures until her heart rate comes back down.
Very unimpressive. Sorry if I seem unsympathetic, but Christian separatism is contageous. I see you all as not of this world too. If you don't want to be one of us - if you won't stand with us - so be it. If you want to berate and demean the human race and our world, fine. Be separatists. I accept your resignation from the human race, and will treat you accordingly. Everybody should.
Hug my Teddy Bear.....

>>>H_U_G<<<

:-)

Fennario

#501890 Mar 11, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Before we're anything, we're human. And every human-being deserves to live the life that's been given them.
Please forgive me if I don't find your flowery sentiments sincere. Those are not biblical concepts at all, and Christians that actually hold them didn't learn them from their bibles. They learned them from humanists.

According to Christian doctrine, your humanity is your chief failing. It's the source of your sin nature, which makes you an abomination.

Once you separate your soul from human flesh, however, you can be better. After shedding this human shell, one is then free of the failure of his humanity and can enjoy his divine nature unpolluted by the desires of his flesh.

As for being allowed to live our lives, the Christian vision there is that it be lived in obedience and subjugation, with harsh denials of ones own free will, libido, curiosity, social instincts, common sense, and natural moral inclinations.

And for someone like me, that includes being characterized as unfit for anything more than an eternity of suffering, and to living in the atheists' closet until then.

It's high time that these things be made explicit, and that such ideas receive the degree of righteous indignation due them.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#501891 Mar 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Shakers had some interesting beliefs.
:-)

I lived around "Shaker" Heights....They died out...Men were seperated from Women alot.

But they could really build strong and simple homes and furniture....

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#501892 Mar 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catcher white sheet has now been drawn over you.
The fact you are seriously damaged couldn't save you in the long run.
Good-bye.
Brilliant! Thanks :-)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#501893 Mar 11, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Ya better watch it buster! I got's a BA in swamptamology, an you'll jist hafta listen ta what I says an that's it!
hay, hay, hay!

I done gots maself a PhD.

Public High school Diploma!

Dats rite. Ima grajumate. En it only done diddly dee did take me but five yeers.

Plus, aye can open a bottle o beerz with a cigarette lighter.

Fennario

#501894 Mar 11, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Dwight Howard,of the Los Angeles Lakers,just missed,as usual,most of the time,two free-throws,and the second one didn't even touch the front of the rim!!
Worst free throw ever
&fe ature=youtu.be

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#501895 Mar 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Oh, lots of evidence - the kind you like to pretend doesn't exist.
How do you explain that other believers of other religions "know" with as much certainty as you that their deities are real?
There is no evidence that God doesn't exist.

Science just likes to pretend that it does.

I can't explain other believers of other relgions, neither can you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#501896 Mar 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it possible that you are unable to comprehend even the simplest of explanatory statements?
- the mistake your doctor made was to do so
- who cares if "hundreds of scientists" believe in bad science?
- who are these "hundreds of scientists" and, more importantly, where is the science?
- where is the science? where is the science? where is the science to back up your repetitive, ridiculous claims?
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
And:
Now, stupid, did that make it into your tiny brain?
So....

*scratches head*

You're saying something about drawing conclusions?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#501897 Mar 11, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your expertise in this area. I'm glad I don't do drugs. Don't even drink alcohol.
Just say no, RiversideRedneck. You can do it.
To alcohol??

I cannot say no.
mike

AOL

#501898 Mar 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Very mixed up individual aren't you......just to point out a couple things here, There is no "frustration" on my end as you are obviously feeling a reflection of YOUR frustration, there is no real anger in my responses to you as well, just telling the truth as you have presented yourself on this thread, I know that Christ is real and I know in whom I have placed my trust and have been Blessed for it many times over.
But I believe we have carried this little back and forthing as far as it needs to go, so I will end it on MY part. End Game.
Blessings.
Thanks

Let's do it again sometimes!

Fennario

#501899 Mar 11, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we can look at this verse.
12)"And if a man, were to offer you a cake donut, even being filled to overflowing with the most prized jelly.13) Do not accept it, cake donuts are not real donuts, even if filled with jelly, they are cake demonically disguised as real donuts filled with jelly" - Halving of the Dozenth 12:12-13
It states clearly and unambiguously the conditions for identifying a false donut, known as the Anti-Donut often used by demons to deceive and lure us into their web of deception! I think it may be possible to encrust a real jelly donut, with a crumble cake coating, then return the anti-anti-donut to the Blasphemous Baker(a demon, and to be shunned) for a refund.

See?
Thank you for that wisdom. "Your eyes have died but you see more than I."

I notice that your scriptures were numbered both the standard dozen, 12, and the baker's dozen, 13. That probably has meaning. Lil Whiskas is into numerology - sevens and threes and such. She might be able to enlighten us with her spiritual discernment on this matter.

Aren't you glad Buck Crick is nowhere to be seen? He would obsess for months about donuts. And pizza.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay teens in the New York Connecticut area (Feb '14) 4 min gogo2802 11
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Ravianna 854,814
REAL Music !!! Part IV !! 5 min Doctor REALITY 3
Any GAY or BI guy wanna text or skype? (Feb '13) 9 min its me 33
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 11 min juts fooky 444,335
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min Michael 596,301
The Christian Atheist debate 36 min Mr Wiggley 999
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 hr The swamiji 7,335
More from around the web