Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Force is strong with you.
This kid has you beat, though.
http://www.everfunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2...
That is a nice Star Wars shirt.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
I always squeal. I think that's why the lady in the apartment next to me moved out.
I just wrote a check for $200. How much are hammocks these days?
"Are those silicone?"

"Nope. Helium. You wanna take a hit?"

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Now where am I gonna get a cactus loving mountain cat to eat when there's only real makumatas, and no dangerous but big snakes?
But I'll tll ya what.
YOU catch it.... turn it into biltong... send it over... and I'll do the eating.
I'll dry a spider and send you in exchange.
You have every thing...
We got everything...
...soap leaves, medicine leaves and roots, food leaves and roots, and an 'everything sea' abundance!
...and loads and loads o >>> smiley folk<<<
Hey LUV U 2 but gotta eat now with Ishi-i.
Got lizard over the flame tonight!
Give honey a big hug too
...and catch you later?
Well you got me laughing my fool head off anyway over the dryed spider.Well of course you got ever thing and I have everything and what more could we want.God gave to all to partake of.Have a good night think I am going 10-4 and to bed find a soft pillow.luv 2

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
So far I've only hinted and have also said I will not expose her here. The only posters here they do and will know me even remotely are ones I can trust. Non trolls. I wouldn't say a thing against anyone if they were not using their pretend intellect to abuse people. Yeah, I'm aggressive, I wasn't always but many would be if they were me. I don't go around Atheist threads telling them how stupid they are just for kicks. I do not mock people's personal and painful experiences. Why? Because I don't believe that to be right, I believe everyone has the right to their own beliefs and that 'free speech' is a two way street that doesn't necessarily have to include gleeful nastiness.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-idRkEynzqOQ/TY-5lo3...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too :-)
Hope it gave you a smile or two.Critters tend to bring that out in us.Hope you enjoyed it too.Good night until the sun rises again.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Darrick Kouns

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

ahem...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Le_le wrote:
Religion or not.. humans would still continue to be humans.. Some will Love you, some will not- others will try their darndest
to defend you and your human rights..and some will simply do nothing at all.
I think that you whitewash the church.

Sure, some people are good and some are bad. The church contributes to the badness, but not to the goodness. Just to clarify, I see no good in the churchy, "God be with you, brother" and "God loves you and so do I." There is no good in a lot of empty words about about love and brotherhood when I see the opposite in the next post.

Not every Christians embraces it all, and a few of you retain a partial connection to the rest of us, but very few and very little. The Christian contempt for things not Christian is palpable, and the feeling becomes mutual.

Sorry, but the Christian community deserves this reaction,especially the one here on this thread. I see it as disloyal to our common humanity. Which of you wouldn't stand with any Christian against any unbeliever whatever the circumstances, however loathsome the Christian?

Paradoxically, I am coming to see the church in precisely the same light in which it casts the rest of us, and taking pleasure in using its own language and ideas against it. It needs to be harshly judged for being unwholesome. It is an enemy of the spirit. And it is filled with vile, abominable fools. It needs to be cast into a lake of fire.

How does that sound to you? If you find it hateful, let me offer more Christian consolation: if you find yourself bristling at such suggestions, it is because you hate goodness, are rebellious, and are trying to escape accountability.

The Christian reaction to this will be whiny victimhood and demonization of the enemy from the attack drones, even as Lil Whiskas amps up the sloppy comfort of her mindless scriptures until her heart rate comes back down.

Very unimpressive. Sorry if I seem unsympathetic, but Christian separatism is contageous. I see you all as not of this world too. If you don't want to be one of us - if you won't stand with us - so be it. If you want to berate and demean the human race and our world, fine. Be separatists. I accept your resignation from the human race, and will treat you accordingly. Everybody should.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>The Force is strong with you.

This kid has you beat, though.

http://www.everfunny.com/wp-content/uploads/2...
Cool shirt :-)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it possible that you are unable to comprehend even the simplest of explanatory statements?
- descriptive research is NOT hypothesis testing
- we cannot draw conclusions from descriptive research
- the mistake your doctor made was to do so
- who cares if "hundreds of scientists" believe in bad science?
- who are these "hundreds of scientists" and, more importantly, where is the science?
- where is the science? where is the science? where is the science to back up your repetitive, ridiculous claims?
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
And:
Now, stupid, did that make it into your tiny brain?
This is Religion. You're a Religious Nut. Buddhism is a Religion without a Deity. And you're religious.

You wrote [who cares what hundreds of doctors say]. You don't, because the evidence disputes your beliefs.

The science and the validity of the science is compiled in Dr Parnia book along with the hundreds of other scientists that are in the AWARE study and other studies that has scientifically established that the soul psyche and self is a distinct and separate entity from the brain.

And here you dismiss it, without reading the material.

You deny science, to cling to your religious beliefs about secular humanism.

Your writing was unhinged, crazed, obsessive and completely off the chain.

You're a religious nut, just like that joke Dr [do little].

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
LOL...you were a doctor and thats an example of your deductive reasoning? Just because 73% are Christian that mean the other 23% are all non-theists.
That's correct, Descartes. It means that they are non-Christians. It means that they don't give a crap what the Scary Chicken On The Stick With Jingly Bells thinks. And that number is growing at a rate of about 6% a year now. Do you know what that means?

It means, "Say goodnight, Dick."

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, for you, I found what I wrote. Given your airs, I imagine you can add insightful critical comments.
"Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is hypothesis testing for disproof. Hypotheses are ultimately drawn from the discipline's
What you presented is a book of opinion, not an evidence based science.
Here, I took his last name and plugged it into Google Scholar, to find some research articles from him. This is what I found:
http://folk.uio.no/benjamil/neardeath/neardea...
You'll like the paper, since you will interpret it as backing up your beliefs here, but I found it wanting. The first thing you'll note is that he's not actually doing hypothesis-testing science, but descriptive social science.
That's ok. All sciences have to start as collections of descriptions until a framework theory can be developed to explain the observed phenomena.
The danger of this phase in scientific research is that people draw false conclusions, based on their belief systems and enculturation rather than evidence testing. And he makes this mistake throughout the paper:
"If the occurrence of NDEs during a cardiac arrest, when the mind (the collection of all our thoughts, feelings and emotions) and consciousness (self awareness) appear to continue at a time when the brain is non-functional and clinical criteria of death have been
reached, can be proven objectively through large studies, then this will lend some support to this view." (that something exists after death).
The thing is, for him to show that, he'd have to demonstrate that all the neurons in a brain are non-functional. For, the functioning of one neuron can produce neurotransmitter that would set up a "reverberating circuit" (a memory) once the rest of the neurons begin to function - in fact, after reading his article and thinking things through, it appears that NDEs are the result of neurons shutting down at different times and then, slowly, restarting and interpreting the chemical signals around them.
Here's another paper by him - again, descriptive:
http://horizonresearch.org/Uploads/parnspearf...
The problems I see are twofold: first, he gives equal weight to scientific research as to untested, untestable "theories" of mind. Second, he doesn't seem to be aware of the larger field of neuroscience. For example, he writes "More recently some have suggested that the sensation of separation from the body (out of body experiences) may be related to a dysfunction at the temporo-pa
There's actually been quite a few studies on the temporal lobe and non-mundane experiences, like out of body experiences. But he doesn't reference them at all. That tells me he either doesn't follow the field or is selective in what information he uses. Neither make a particularly strong case for his ideas.
However, you are welcome to believe whatever you like.
:)"
You cite a paper 13yrs old?

LOL.

Why not read the latest discoveries on the Dr Parnia and other scientists work TODAY.

13yrs? seriously? 13yrs ago there was no Iphone, Drones were a concept, the U.S could barely protect its border because 9/11 just happened.

And you referenced a 13yr old paper to refute science of today?

LOL

You're a Joke.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
Ooops 27%...
You can't cut-and-paste a number without mangling it in the transition, which is why your claims based on your useless memory and less than useless comprehension need to be proven with links.

Everybody is a liar according to your corrupted understanding and recollection of their words, which is why you need regular bitch-slapping for your insolence and ill breeding after mangling them.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of the 73% agree about the message?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =nl_8r7WG3g4XX
For clarification or just a good laugh.
Jeezuz friggin Keerist! The hills have eyes.

“Bacon Bacon ”

Since: Dec 06

SW Burbs Chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
I'm an Astrophysicist
That's adorable.

There's a comet coming by soon if you need to catch a ride anywhere:

"Your only chance to evacuate is to leave with us"

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeezuz friggin Keerist! The hills have eyes.
Compelling evidence that white men can't dance.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
It is easy to see that you are a criminal. you have found christianity and a new way of defrauding those who trust you. still a criminal, just new cloths.
Illuminatrix wrote:
Hey Skom :-) having fun? Lol..
I sure hope he is.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Love it.....I love songs that have a Hebrew sound...You know what I mean?...Like the way music might have sound during the First Century.
Love you Peace Warrior
I know what you mean... I'm not really into that much, but tried to find something. So hope there is at least one on this list you might like.
That should keep you going!
>>>smile<<<
Hoped they would have some kind of translation for you.
&pl aynext=1&list=PLD024E54F06 F2B576&feature=results_mai n

SHALON >>>Epi<<<
Luv U2 Sister Friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min June VanDerMark 536,975
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Porkpie Hat 259,119
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min It aint necessari... 729,880
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 19 min yon 2,176
Oldest Language in India : Telugu or Sanskrit ?? (Feb '12) 23 min Naveen kumar 159
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 27 min CALYS017 117,764
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 39 min Naveen kumar 963
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 17 hr Just 103

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••