Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you.
All I'm saying is that efforts should always be made to preserve family harmony and avoid dysfunction. We should do everything possible to promote family warmth, and to avoid discord and tension in our close relationships.
This requires sensitivity to others. They may not agree with your religious views, so it may be preferable to avoid bringing them up. The same goes for political views--why risk a tiff, or resentment from those you care for? Why not instead focus on areas of agreement, or at least those that don't provoke disagreement?
We lose a part of our lives when we lose family members.
I agree ~ but can still understand family issues, sadly, through experience :(

I know some who go to Church week after week, and yet their inside is a turmoil of something I can't quite understand, and it is obvious they either do not really believe in GOD or they think they can fool HIM! But, I am sure you know of this if for no other reason than reading what the religious have done to protect their own religion!!
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I can only assume it is because they question what do we have that they cannot grasp? Otherwise I have no idea why those without Faith would want to be in here demanding that their reasons are absolute - especially when they 'brag' about their own intelligence v the intelligence of other posters. Never did have much time for braggarts :O)
Agree--

They can not believe that FAITH, can actually be the secret.
I dunno, It just might sound Mystifying to them , and they want to be able find a cure, haaha! like scientist
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>It could almost be the whole life of one ~ from the cutting of the umbilical cord to giving up the ghost and the Soul moving in one direction while the body moves back to the roots of the earth?
Seems to be leading up the one's death...?
Or even the possibly of NDE

'Until'... it is severed'?

Ecclesiastes 12
1 Remember your Creator
in the days of your youth,
before the days of trouble come
and the years approach when you will say,
“I find no pleasure in them”—

2 before the sun and the light
and the moon and the stars grow dark,
and the clouds return after the rain;

3 when the keepers of the house tremble,
and the strong men stoop,
when the grinders cease because they are few,
and those looking through the windows grow dim;

4 when the doors to the street are closed
and the sound of grinding fades;
when people rise up at the sound of birds,
but all their songs grow faint;

5 when people are afraid of heights
and of dangers in the streets;
when the almond tree blossoms
and the grasshopper drags itself along
and desire no longer is stirred.

>>> Then people go to their eternal home
and mourners go about the streets.

6 Remember him—before the silver cord is severed,
and the golden bowl is broken... etc

I felt I understood this with my own + didn't HAVE to be NDE, but OBE also..

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
No you got the right one, sounds only --- I was just telling you some more info- since you said bears were similar to humans, LOL
haha..... I was just sort of joking about the evolution theory that we are all related to the first organism that sprung into being, complete with DNA :)

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Ree Ree. Wut up?
Every time I answer you - and send nice music +++- you are gone, or don't reply.
So I ask you now...
"What's up'?

You don't seem to check one another for and answer as some try to?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I agree ~ but can still understand family issues, sadly, through experience :(
I know some who go to Church week after week, and yet their inside is a turmoil of something I can't quite understand, and it is obvious they either do not really believe in GOD or they think they can fool HIM! But, I am sure you know of this if for no other reason than reading what the religious have done to protect their own religion!!
My only point is that just as blood is thicker than water, so should it be thicker than religion.

Family comes first.

Annie would agree.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree--
They can not believe that FAITH, can actually be the secret.
I dunno, It just might sound Mystifying to them , and they want to be able find a cure, haaha! like scientist
I am a scientist SP... and also have Faith!
Not all scientists don't believe???

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help but wonder Chris...have you tried contacting her? How much of a role did you play in this family break-up?
It is sad...I am sorry that you have for now lost your sister.
I am familiar with those verses...I am not saying that you did but could prophecy be fulfilled with the help of self-fulfilling prophecy?
So...do you believe that believers and non-believers can be friends? Can they put their differences aside long enough to share what they have in common?
Would you like your relationship back with your sister? What would she have to do in order for the two of you to reunite?
Sure. In fact we did have a good visit last fall when we went north. My point is from my pov we do try to keep things flowing. One thing I left out was when they were here was also when my wifes brother took a turn for the worst. He died about a week latter so they might have come over, its hard to say. But they did have close to a week here before all of that happened and made no effort. I would say my living for Christ has everything to do with it and her husband hates people of faith. That also has much to do with it. I would like a better relationship but don't think it will happen unless she becomes a Christian. Wife and I have been where they are and will not go back. Who knows what the future holds. One thing I've learned is you never know...
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time I answer you - and send nice music +++- you are gone, or don't reply.
So I ask you now...
"What's up'?
You don't seem to check one another for and answer as some try to?
Hi,Ree Ree....So send me some music before I start studying. Everything o.k. over there??

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to be leading up the one's death...?
Or even the possibly of NDE
'Until'... it is severed'?
Ecclesiastes 12
1 Remember your Creator
in the days of your youth,
before the days of trouble come
and the years approach when you will say,
“I find no pleasure in them”—
2 before the sun and the light
and the moon and the stars grow dark,
and the clouds return after the rain;
3 when the keepers of the house tremble,
and the strong men stoop,
when the grinders cease because they are few,
and those looking through the windows grow dim;
4 when the doors to the street are closed
and the sound of grinding fades;
when people rise up at the sound of birds,
but all their songs grow faint;
5 when people are afraid of heights
and of dangers in the streets;
when the almond tree blossoms
and the grasshopper drags itself along
and desire no longer is stirred.
>>> Then people go to their eternal home
and mourners go about the streets.
6 Remember him—before the silver cord is severed,
and the golden bowl is broken... etc
I felt I understood this with my own + didn't HAVE to be NDE, but OBE also..
Yes ~ perhaps the overall message is to remember HIM before it is too late? NDE's certainly have an impact on those affected, as do OBE's, although OBE's are often sought, as such, by those 'in the know' where as the NDE can happen to anyone, regardless of their spiritual beliefs :)
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I also haven't figured out why Christian – the supposed to be 'love thy neighbour' example – can be so crude, loud, and offensive.
Looks like what you give you get back.
I could only imagine the most upsetting value of the Christian/Atheist exchange of is simply that.
If we met them in the street – or as the good Samaritan aid – would be the better way to approach, to be put into practise, rather than pushing anything beyond injury.
Ja... WSJLM? I don't believe he could if my pride was bigger than my belief.
Yes Mam,--The good Samaritan , doesn't stop and ask 'are you Christian or an atheist? He just helps you. and I am sure there are Atheist, that don't ask that question either, just help his fellow man. That is what it is all about.

Still, all it takes for changing , is simply believeing Jesus died for our sins, and ask Him into out hearts. He will come in.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes MAM! that is for sure. God works with our Scientist too.
and Doctors, lawyers , and Indian chiefs---hahaha

Us all, in all walks of life.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My only point is that just as blood is thicker than water, so should it be thicker than religion.
Family comes first.
Annie would agree.
My point was that my eldest sister goes to Church regularly (every week in fact) and yet her heart is cold and hard. She is deceitful and lies..... She is now in her 60's and is growing harder and colder - I don't go to Church regularly, but the reason we are not close is not because of religion, it is because of who she is and who she hurts.

She has hurt my children, and grandchildren, and you are right, blood is thicker than water and a Mother will protect her own, where as perhaps she might have put up with stuff if it was only herself being hurt.

Family comes first? Family over family ... children come first.

Annie would agree.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Definitely ~ the list of scientists with Faith is growing longer.... the more they learn, the more they learn :)

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your sister considers you a kook.
I agree with her.
You're looney tunes, man, with all this talk about Jesus coming and all that. And now look at your last paragraph. You promote family disfunction with your craziness.
I'll bet that you bring up this stuff whenever you can. Let me clue you in, most people don't want to hear it. They'd rather you kept your beliefs to yourself and leave them free of it all.
Let me clue you in, don't care what people that are in the world system say or do. There is a time to speak and a time to hold ones peace. No, many times I say nothing because I know it will do no good. In fact my sister doesn't even know about my wifes past life, right now it would be pointless to bring that up. But when I feel led by the spirit to speak on such things you bet I will. This also brings up people that pray in public. At one time my home was in the bible belt and I wasn't Christian. My thinking was these hypocrites! No doubt some do it for show. Others may do it to obey Christ at certain times.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. In fact we did have a good visit last fall when we went north. My point is from my pov we do try to keep things flowing. One thing I left out was when they were here was also when my wifes brother took a turn for the worst. He died about a week latter so they might have come over, its hard to say. But they did have close to a week here before all of that happened and made no effort. I would say my living for Christ has everything to do with it and her husband hates people of faith. That also has much to do with it. I would like a better relationship but don't think it will happen unless she becomes a Christian. Wife and I have been where they are and will not go back. Who knows what the future holds. One thing I've learned is you never know...
In order to save the relationship, SHE must become a Christian?

For shame.

Try not wearing your religion on your sleeve, show some respect for the beliefs of others, and you may retain your family ties. You do love them, don't you? If they are important enough to you, you will make the effort. If you are unwilling, you don't deserve their affection.

It's your choice. Don't blame them. You have nobody to blame but yourself.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>haha..... I was just sort of joking about the evolution theory that we are all related to the first organism that sprung into being, complete with DNA :)
lol, I knew you were, but I just wanted to add that, lol

Because that is true about the pig looking like a human , hanging.

Since: Feb 13

Alton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

I believe God is just. Think of it this way, what have u done that would justify an eternity in Hell! I'm really think about this. We know God is Just and he forgives. Do u really believe u are so bad of a person that there would be justification in sentencing u to hell for eternity!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
***In an interview with Dr. Benjamin Wikera, Flew commented on “Richard Dawkins' comical effort to argue in The God Delusion that the origin of life can be attributed to a "lucky chance." If that's the best argument you have, then the game is over. No, I did not hear a Voice. It was the evidence itself that led me to this conclusion.”

"We choose to believe the impossible: that life arose spontaneously by chance”131

Flew also cited the Nobel Prize-winning physiologist George Wald who made the above comment.

Flew was persuaded by the argument that showed the absolute impossibility of producing a Shakespearean sonnet (let alone a living thing) using time and chance.b Flew writes “... it’s simply absurd to suggest that the more elaborate feat of the origin of life could have been achieved by chance”. 78
DNA –“looked to me like the work of intelligence”75

When Flew looked at the extraordinary complexity and subtlety of the workings of DNA, he concluded that it “looked to me like the work of intelligence”.“What I think the DNA material has done is that it has shown, by the almost unbelievable complexity of the arrangements which are needed to produce (life), that intelligence must have been involved in getting these extraordinary diverse elements to work together”. 75

When Flew mentions the DNA material, he is referring to the massive increase in our knowledge of DNA over the last 50 years.
Brilliant modern day scientists - not all hardened atheists!

http://www.changinglivesonline.org/item-by-ca... ***

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 482,481 - 482,500 of596,448
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

568 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Kaitlin the Wolf Witch 679,424
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Ar aR 216,391
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min June VanDerMark 511,722
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 11 min Harrison Freebird 52,449
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Dr_Zorderz 250,282
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 47 min Hillie Billie Boganed 109,382
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr andet1987 3,306
teen snapchat nudes 1 hr casher_98 105
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 3 hr Jturner4643 217
•••
•••
•••