Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#501889 Mar 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that you whitewash the church.
Sure, some people are good and some are bad. The church contributes to the badness, but not to the goodness. Just to clarify, I see no good in the churchy, "God be with you, brother" and "God loves you and so do I." There is no good in a lot of empty words about about love and brotherhood when I see the opposite in the next post.
Not every Christians embraces it all, and a few of you retain a partial connection to the rest of us, but very few and very little. The Christian contempt for things not Christian is palpable, and the feeling becomes mutual.
Sorry, but the Christian community deserves this reaction,especially the one here on this thread. I see it as disloyal to our common humanity. Which of you wouldn't stand with any Christian against any unbeliever whatever the circumstances, however loathsome the Christian?
Paradoxically, I am coming to see the church in precisely the same light in which it casts the rest of us, and taking pleasure in using its own language and ideas against it. It needs to be harshly judged for being unwholesome. It is an enemy of the spirit. And it is filled with vile, abominable fools. It needs to be cast into a lake of fire.
How does that sound to you? If you find it hateful, let me offer more Christian consolation: if you find yourself bristling at such suggestions, it is because you hate goodness, are rebellious, and are trying to escape accountability.
The Christian reaction to this will be whiny victimhood and demonization of the enemy from the attack drones, even as Lil Whiskas amps up the sloppy comfort of her mindless scriptures until her heart rate comes back down.
Very unimpressive. Sorry if I seem unsympathetic, but Christian separatism is contageous. I see you all as not of this world too. If you don't want to be one of us - if you won't stand with us - so be it. If you want to berate and demean the human race and our world, fine. Be separatists. I accept your resignation from the human race, and will treat you accordingly. Everybody should.
Hug my Teddy Bear.....

>>>H_U_G<<<

:-)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#501890 Mar 11, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Before we're anything, we're human. And every human-being deserves to live the life that's been given them.
Please forgive me if I don't find your flowery sentiments sincere. Those are not biblical concepts at all, and Christians that actually hold them didn't learn them from their bibles. They learned them from humanists.

According to Christian doctrine, your humanity is your chief failing. It's the source of your sin nature, which makes you an abomination.

Once you separate your soul from human flesh, however, you can be better. After shedding this human shell, one is then free of the failure of his humanity and can enjoy his divine nature unpolluted by the desires of his flesh.

As for being allowed to live our lives, the Christian vision there is that it be lived in obedience and subjugation, with harsh denials of ones own free will, libido, curiosity, social instincts, common sense, and natural moral inclinations.

And for someone like me, that includes being characterized as unfit for anything more than an eternity of suffering, and to living in the atheists' closet until then.

It's high time that these things be made explicit, and that such ideas receive the degree of righteous indignation due them.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#501891 Mar 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Shakers had some interesting beliefs.
:-)

I lived around "Shaker" Heights....They died out...Men were seperated from Women alot.

But they could really build strong and simple homes and furniture....

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#501892 Mar 11, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catcher white sheet has now been drawn over you.
The fact you are seriously damaged couldn't save you in the long run.
Good-bye.
Brilliant! Thanks :-)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#501893 Mar 11, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Ya better watch it buster! I got's a BA in swamptamology, an you'll jist hafta listen ta what I says an that's it!
hay, hay, hay!

I done gots maself a PhD.

Public High school Diploma!

Dats rite. Ima grajumate. En it only done diddly dee did take me but five yeers.

Plus, aye can open a bottle o beerz with a cigarette lighter.

Fennario

#501894 Mar 11, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Dwight Howard,of the Los Angeles Lakers,just missed,as usual,most of the time,two free-throws,and the second one didn't even touch the front of the rim!!
Worst free throw ever
&fe ature=youtu.be

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#501895 Mar 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Oh, lots of evidence - the kind you like to pretend doesn't exist.
How do you explain that other believers of other religions "know" with as much certainty as you that their deities are real?
There is no evidence that God doesn't exist.

Science just likes to pretend that it does.

I can't explain other believers of other relgions, neither can you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#501896 Mar 11, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it possible that you are unable to comprehend even the simplest of explanatory statements?
- descriptive research is NOT hypothesis testing
- we cannot draw conclusions from descriptive research
- the mistake your doctor made was to do so
- who cares if "hundreds of scientists" believe in bad science?
- who are these "hundreds of scientists" and, more importantly, where is the science?
- where is the science? where is the science? where is the science to back up your repetitive, ridiculous claims?
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
And:
Now, stupid, did that make it into your tiny brain?
So....

*scratches head*

You're saying something about drawing conclusions?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#501897 Mar 11, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your expertise in this area. I'm glad I don't do drugs. Don't even drink alcohol.
Just say no, RiversideRedneck. You can do it.
To alcohol??

I cannot say no.
mike

AOL

#501898 Mar 11, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Very mixed up individual aren't you......just to point out a couple things here, There is no "frustration" on my end as you are obviously feeling a reflection of YOUR frustration, there is no real anger in my responses to you as well, just telling the truth as you have presented yourself on this thread, I know that Christ is real and I know in whom I have placed my trust and have been Blessed for it many times over.
But I believe we have carried this little back and forthing as far as it needs to go, so I will end it on MY part. End Game.
Blessings.
Thanks

Let's do it again sometimes!

Fennario

#501899 Mar 11, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, we can look at this verse.
12)"And if a man, were to offer you a cake donut, even being filled to overflowing with the most prized jelly.13) Do not accept it, cake donuts are not real donuts, even if filled with jelly, they are cake demonically disguised as real donuts filled with jelly" - Halving of the Dozenth 12:12-13
It states clearly and unambiguously the conditions for identifying a false donut, known as the Anti-Donut often used by demons to deceive and lure us into their web of deception! I think it may be possible to encrust a real jelly donut, with a crumble cake coating, then return the anti-anti-donut to the Blasphemous Baker(a demon, and to be shunned) for a refund.

See?
Thank you for that wisdom. "Your eyes have died but you see more than I."

I notice that your scriptures were numbered both the standard dozen, 12, and the baker's dozen, 13. That probably has meaning. Lil Whiskas is into numerology - sevens and threes and such. She might be able to enlighten us with her spiritual discernment on this matter.

Aren't you glad Buck Crick is nowhere to be seen? He would obsess for months about donuts. And pizza.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#501900 Mar 11, 2013
<quoted text>
As you probably know, I have been arguing all along that Christianity facilitates just the kind of reaction we saw from Dim. We hear about love, repentance and meekness, but we see something completely different: self-righteous judgment, insolence and self-forgiveness. It sickens me.
Full quote found here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Snipped for personal point, no disrespect intended.

I don’t agree with you 100%. I admit that Christianity can facilitate that type of reaction, but to say that is what it facilitates in my opinion is an error in judgment. What you credit his reaction to, is what I credit for my own.
I think that I am being fair in saying that the two of you simply do not communicate well at all. At the same time, if you read his posts to others, he has some very interesting views as do you. Yet I also feel that it’s kinda like nails to the chalkboard when I read the two of you attempting to communicate with each other. Based on my own reading in here (Topix-land) the Christians that many do not get along well with, are the ones that say that say that they should only have to take just so much from others. In other words they have become offended. When one is discussing beliefs, it is an emotionally charged environment from the get go. There are key phrases that anger people, and many in here (from all walks) like to use them to get results. It tends to stop all honest discussion and turn it into a game of last man/woman standing…erm, typing that is. There are good people on here from all walks. They are the ones that I try to cultivate an actual conversation with, or simply/typically take note of and enjoy reading on along with as their discussion unfolds with others.
<quoted text>
I never saw any of those posts. Could you direct me to one where a Christian told Dim that he was wrong for calling me a liar before your post above? All I saw were the ones condemning me for objecting to his defamatory and abusive speech.
May I ask, if a Christian is responding to another Christian trying to express to them that they think they are in the wrong, do you look for admonishments that have the very characteristics that you state you are looking for when it comes to a Christian?
<quoted text>
We hear about love, repentance and meekness,
To me this is the very conundrum that many Christian’s face on topix. I can attempt to go back and pull forward comment(s)(to be honest I only vaguely remember one and can’t remember who it was), but I would personally prefer it if you would perhaps (just this once) take me at my word and see if you find other posters doing such going forward from here. I will admit that they are few and far between, and that this is something that I question and look for myself. Most of the time in this type of charged atmosphere, they can go by without so much as a blip on the radar unless one is looking for them.

Fennario

#501901 Mar 11, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Thank you. I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say that you see a parallel with the Coat of Many Crullers?
To paraphrase Paine, belief in a cruller god makes a cruller man.

Can I ask you something personal, since you're the only eye I know. And you don't have to answer this.

When you go to a 3D movie, do you pay full price, or do you get some kind of discount? How does that work?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#501902 Mar 11, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh honey....(I think you responded to the wrong post)
This was the meltdown;
<quoted text by HFY>
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it possible that you are unable to comprehend even the simplest of explanatory statements?
- the mistake your doctor made was to do so
- who cares if "hundreds of scientists" believe in bad science?
- who are these "hundreds of scientists" and, more importantly, where is the science?
- where is the science? where is the science? where is the science to back up your repetitive, ridiculous claims?
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
And:
Now, stupid, did that make it into your tiny brain?
<quoted text by HFY>
It's ok, you don't have to thank me :-)
Colossal. I have never seen anyone react this way after being b*itch slapped with reality.

What will she do when she finds out that the scientists of the AWARE research and other scientists studying the phenomenon, have set up the experiments in such a away that makes the experiments Quantitative.

She will probably barf all over her keyboard then.
mike

AOL

#501903 Mar 11, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
It is automatically that of Jesus, and nothing has separated that - except mankind - from beginning to end.
I am not talking 'practical living' but simply Living 100% 24/7 within His Spirit. That, was and always will be, sufficient for me.
Hello P-Warrior

Besides belief is there something you can point to that is self-evidence jesus is the reason you live the way you live?

Is there another spirit within your body separate from your spirit?

How many spirits can live in one body?

What is a spirit?...according to scriptures, a spirit is a mind-set.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#501904 Mar 11, 2013
<quoted text>
You're having the worst time with me of all the Christians. Sorry. Except with Dim, it has never been personal between me and any of you, especially you. I've hardly ever posted to you or commented on anything you've had to say. Why would I? What have you said of substance? What have you posted that wasn't basically a Dr. Shrink post with a few fewer farts?
So relax before you burst an aneurysm.
Actually, I'm having the best time with you.

You came on the billboard espousing the virtues of secular humanism, but you were exposed as nothing but a fraudulent hateful bigoted joke.

Then on top of that showing your embarrassing ignorance about spiritual issues concerning Christianity just cements your actions of one of a religious Slave.

You're joke Dr [do little], you're just too arrogant to know it.

Fennario

#501905 Mar 11, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
No, I'm a haole. Dad was stationed in Honolulu when I came about. Its funny, I know when the Lord returns and the new comes it says there will be no more sea (Rev 21). Its all I know to live by the water but I look forward to whatever the Lord Jesus brings. God bless and keep you.
What's interesting to me about this is your complete abdication of will. You love the sea. But if you end up on some dry moon in heaven, you'll be thrilled. You're practically thanking the god for it in advance.

Christians admire that. They see that as a virtue.

What if your heaven had you with your head in a bucket of liquid stool? Would you complain, or thank Jesus for it? I need to know.

Who benefits from teaching that total submission is a virtue? Not you.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#501906 Mar 11, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
*standing ovation*
Other than possibly the Doc in Back to the Future and maybe Doctor Frankenstein, I don't think I've seen a 'Scientist' go off like that.
^5
~~~grin~~~

^5 back at 'cha.

I knew it would be a shock to her system, but that reaction was jaw dropping.

I bet she was foaming at the mouth all the way through that writing.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#501907 Mar 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Your religion is a colossal failure. We don't need a church training people to think like you by the tens of millions. Humanity is capable of so much more than the ancient lens of Christianity allows it. Yours is simply an inferior ideology and culture.
Your [opinion] is noted, but irrelevant to Christianity.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#501908 Mar 11, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
So that's what a 'critique' looks like when she uses her own words... interesting...
[[[[to say the least.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Bongo 55,653
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min Steve III 649,629
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 43 min AussieBobby 425
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr crust 281,467
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa 106,051
TRUTH about illegal aliens (Aug '14) 4 hr Knock off purse s... 12
Does anybody know Doctor REALITY'S race or nati... 4 hr Knock off purse s... 36
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 9 hr Noname 69
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 hr Hangman 972,378
More from around the web