Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#501862 Mar 11, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
2. The Coward: The Christian who gives in to public opinion rather than God.
The Christian who cares only what his church teaches him and is otherwise uninterested in the public's opinions is not one of us.

The church teaches that unbelievers are all no good and are untrustworthy, which is why for centuries, we were considered unfit to teach, coach, adopt, give testimony, serve on juries or in other positions of public trust.

But can people who view mankind so negatively and who are openly dismissive of our opinions be trusted?

Fennario

#501863 Mar 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
Me destroying you and your beliefs have nothing to do with Jesus, I do it for free and with pleasure lol!
You're having the worst time with me of all the Christians. Sorry. Except with Dim, it has never been personal between me and any of you, especially you. I've hardly ever posted to you or commented on anything you've had to say. Why would I? What have you said of substance? What have you posted that wasn't basically a Dr. Shrink post with a few fewer farts?

So relax before you burst an aneurysm.

Fennario

#501864 Mar 11, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
An I'm the head o' the Astrolomy Dept. at WassamattaU...An I takes them physics when I'm constipated too! I takes the oral ones though..I don't like them astro ones, they got's a shitty taste... So there!
And I got my medical degree at Shaman U.

That's a pretty good post. It has a pop cultural reference, and a reference to an obscure medical word. Plus the ass jokes. You can't get enough ass jokes:

[1] "I'll never understand why that chick kicked me out. She's the one who said she was willing to do "everything butt." I'd barely even gotten started on my list!"

[2] "I was a little anxious standing naked in front of my proctologist and asking him where he wanted me to sit. But he just reached over and pulled out a stool."

[3] "At the Nursing Home Olympics, Uncle Harvey tied several others in the prune-eating contest, but then lost in the mother of all runoffs!"

[4] "My wife was really turned on when we finally did the anal bead thing. At least she was until I told her I'd used her grandmother's antique necklace."

[5] "Some people think I have trouble controlling my bowels, but really I just wanted the Jacuzzi to myself."

[6] "My doctor has scheduled me for a digital rectal exam. It sounds like a really high-tech procedure, probably a lot better than the old analog exam. That's good, because the last thing I want is for some doctor to be sticking his finger up my butt."

[7] "I failed my audition as Romeo through a misunderstanding over a simple stage direction. My copy of the script clearly said, "Enter Juliet from the rear."

[6] "When you think about it, there is really a fine line between being a proctologist and just being a perverted ass-freak. And according to the judge who sentenced me, that line is called a "medical degree."

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#501865 Mar 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>This is Religion. You're a Religious Nut. Buddhism is a Religion without a Deity. And you're religious.
You wrote [who cares what hundreds of doctors say]. You don't, because the evidence disputes your beliefs.
The science and the validity of the science is compiled in Dr Parnia book along with the hundreds of other scientists that are in the AWARE study and other studies that has scientifically established that the soul psyche and self is a distinct and separate entity from the brain.
And here you dismiss it, without reading the material.
You deny science, to cling to your religious beliefs about secular humanism.
Your writing was unhinged, crazed, obsessive and completely off the chain.
You're a religious nut, just like that joke Dr [do little].
LMAO!

*standing ovation*

Other than possibly the Doc in Back to the Future and maybe Doctor Frankenstein, I don't think I've seen a 'Scientist' go off like that.

^5

Fennario

#501866 Mar 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
aww..so sweet. Was you whispering this to Wilderide while defending the virtues of Homosexuality?
Your religion is a colossal failure. We don't need a church training people to think like you by the tens of millions. Humanity is capable of so much more than the ancient lens of Christianity allows it. Yours is simply an inferior ideology and culture.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#501867 Mar 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No. I blame Dim for what is written in his posts.
But now that you mention it, I see that Dim forgot to answer my question. Perhaps you or another Christian could field it for him.
Several posters have intimated that I shouldn't be so openly derogatory about the church. Why? Given those comments, what respect do you think is due it from unbelievers? What courtesy do I owe it?
<quoted text by Teddy>
[1] "The fool says in his heart,'There is no God.' They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good" - Psalm 14:1

[2] "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone." - Revelation 21:8

[3]“Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?”- 2 Corinthians 6:14

Now tell me what courtesy or respect you think that you are due from me or any other unbeliever.
<quoted text by Teddy>

<quoted text by moi>
Illuminatrix wrote:
Now you're blaming Skom for what is written in the Bible.
No. I blame Dim for what is written in his posts.
<quoted text by moi>

But now that you mention it, I see that Dim forgot to answer my question. Perhaps you or another Christian could field it for him.

Several posters have intimated that I shouldn't be so openly derogatory about the church. Why? Given those comments, what respect do you think is due it from unbelievers? What courtesy do I owe it?

Hmm, ah hah, um, ohh very interesting...

Those are Bible passages, Skom didn't write in the Bible.

(did you forget your pills today, you're all...you know... loopy again)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#501868 Mar 11, 2013
G*
O*
O*
D*

MORNING*

“We must strive to become good ancestors.”

~ Ralph Nader

Thought for the Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#501869 Mar 11, 2013
Today's Prayer

Dear God, Thank You for Your Word; Your Word that is like honey to my lips and balm to my soul. I pray that the words that go forth out of my mouth shall be "pleasant words, like a honeycomb," to the people around me. I want my words to be like "sweetness to the soul and health to the bones," so that I may encourage others, build them up, and point them to You. If I may share just an inkling of the love and sweetness You give to me...I will be blessed and will be a blessing. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

Prime time with God

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#501870 Mar 11, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's adorable.
There's a comet coming by soon if you need to catch a ride anywhere:
"Your only chance to evacuate is to leave with us"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =AqSZhwu1RwoXX
Wow...ok, I won't lol at you and I won't call you stupid for your beliefs or anything like that.

I will only say, with all due respect, I'm sorry Teddy, I truly am, from the heart of my bottom, I don't want to join your very marvellous looking cult.

No offence, it's just not for me.

Good luck with it all and it was very nice to have posted with you... I'm just going to back away very slowly now .........

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#501871 Mar 11, 2013
Encouraging Words....

This is my command-be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Joshua 1:9

K-Love

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#501872 Mar 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>thank you ~ my head is heaps better and I have not taken any pain killers today, which is a good thing 'cause they sort of make my stomach feel a bit weird :)
I like the quote from Rumi ~ good visions :)
Today did not pan out like it was meant to; so I have had to put off today until another appropriate moment, which I guess is a good thing. Being without a car on a public holiday is a pain, but in reality, I probably had a forced rest, with no stress to boot xx
the hour is yet to come!!
Ja... I don't like them – pain killers. My body rejects the things medics have tried at times.
I can get drunk on water! Must have something to do with all that coconut water I drank in Life.
>>>smile<<<
Hey, I wouldn't like to be in your shoes there with what still must be done.
Have never had that side of life to deal with so fully.
My mum, dad and 2 husbands deceased when I was very young – by 38 - and all we had was love between us to share... so can't imagine what it must be like.
I pray all sorts itself out for you.
Sounds like you have a good family support and start there.

So my friend... what can I imagine?
When the story of these times gets written, we want it to say that we did all we could, and it was more than anyone could have imagined. 
-- Bono

and this...
conquest of paradise

There shines a light in the heart of man
That defies the dead of the night
A beam that glows within every soul
Like wings of hope taking flight

A sunny day, when a baby's born
The little things that we say
A special sparkle in someone's eye
Simple gifts, every day

Somewhere there's a paradise
Where everyone finds release
It's here on earth and between your eyes
A place we all find our peace

Come - open your heart
Reach for the stars
Believe your own power
Now, here in this place
Here on this earth
This is the hour
It's just a place we call paradise
Each of us has his own
It has no name, no, it has no price
It's just a place we call home
A dream that reaches beyond the stars
The endless blue of the skies
Forever wondering who we are?
Forever questioning why?

Come - open your heart
Reach for the stars
Believe your own power
Now, here in this place
Here on this earth
This is the hour

There shines a light in the heart of man
That defies the dead of the night
A beam that glows within every soul

(((*()*))) Koala hugs and Take Care
Good nite xx

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#501873 Mar 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>This is Religion. You're a Religious Nut. Buddhism is a Religion without a Deity. And you're religious.
You wrote [who cares what hundreds of doctors say]. You don't, because the evidence disputes your beliefs.
The science and the validity of the science is compiled in Dr Parnia book along with the hundreds of other scientists that are in the AWARE study and other studies that has scientifically established that the soul psyche and self is a distinct and separate entity from the brain.
And here you dismiss it, without reading the material.
You deny science, to cling to your religious beliefs about secular humanism.
Your writing was unhinged, crazed, obsessive and completely off the chain.
You're a religious nut, just like that joke Dr [do little].
So that's what a 'critique' looks like when she uses her own words... interesting...

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#501874 Mar 11, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You cite a paper 13yrs old?
LOL.
Why not read the latest discoveries on the Dr Parnia and other scientists work TODAY.
13yrs? seriously? 13yrs ago there was no Iphone, Drones were a concept, the U.S could barely protect its border because 9/11 just happened.
And you referenced a 13yr old paper to refute science of today?
LOL
You're a Joke.
Wasn't her to find it ... LMAO

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#501875 Mar 11, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen both sides of this coin AJ... and both are as cruel as the other.
Neither are blameless for what you term a self-fulfilling prophecy.
But I have also seen enough to know when those of Jesus do come true - and if he declared such truths as he spoke would separate - it can be seen that they do.
Why? Because of any who 'separate themselves form the Love of God, rather than practice it... as 'Jesus' asked to be done.
The rest of his prophesies will be equally as effective by the very nature of all they contained.
A program told last night of Oz's 'maybe next PM' Prime Minister coming to terms with his sister's gay life-style...
today...?
Naturally - tho he is a catholic, and once wanted to be a priest -'may' now 'reconsider' gay marriage... as he would like to be 'popular' to be chosen.
I believe for a time they were 'separated'.
But at least they were eating and laughing round the same family table, even if she was married for 29 years? prier to - and came into the mardi gras openly this year.
I believe it was a very hopeful display of his campaign to win more votes.
He has an ego and a half!
We also have an Atheist PM in office now.
Do 'beliefs/faith' count the votes of the USA?
or would this separate the people too?
I'm not really into pollies... just thinking out loud!
I love you Sister Friend... just sharing a topic.
I know your connection and Love.
What's news on the streets?
And did you get your latest video I sent.
If not...
...here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EYOyGtH7K6EXX
Why...thank you Irrira for the video. It will come in handy if my apartment complex ever decides to let me get a horse. They will charge extra on the rent but hey...having a horse in my dining room might certainly be worth it. I read once that in some state it is illegal to give a horse a bath in your bathtub. I will have to check the state where I live.

The rest of your post...I will have to think about after I have had more coffee. It is 5:30 in the morning here...

Thanks again for my horse video Irirra...so you think I should become a horse trainer???

:-)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#501877 Mar 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Meltdowns can cause puddles.
Do you carry a "Cuidado piso mojado" sign with you?
Oh honey....(I think you responded to the wrong post)

This was the meltdown;
<quoted text by HFY>
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it possible that you are unable to comprehend even the simplest of explanatory statements?
- descriptive research is NOT hypothesis testing
- we cannot draw conclusions from descriptive research
- the mistake your doctor made was to do so
- who cares if "hundreds of scientists" believe in bad science?
- who are these "hundreds of scientists" and, more importantly, where is the science?
- where is the science? where is the science? where is the science to back up your repetitive, ridiculous claims?
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
And:
Now, stupid, did that make it into your tiny brain?
<quoted text by HFY>

It's ok, you don't have to thank me :-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#501878 Mar 11, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not figured out why it is so upsetting to atheist and non-believers, that there are Christians,(followers of Jesus), that we believe in God, and that we believe in everlasting life, just have never understood that they try to say to us ,'There is no God', what difference does it make to them-- To prove us WRONG or what?(which they cannot prove!)
There has not been any in here, that I see, PUSHING this belief on anyone. It is the title of this thread, and yes we will talk about Jesus.
Do you know, why it is so upsetting what we believe?
I agree SP....If anything it is making us stronger in our belief and convictions

Fennario

#501879 Mar 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
Francis Collins, who offers himself as proof that science and religion can be reconciled. As leader of the Human Genome Project, Collins is among the world's most important scientists, the head of a multibillion-dollar research program aimed at understanding human nature and healing our innate disorders. And yet in his best-selling book, The Language of God, he recounts how he accepted Christ as his savior in 1978 and has been a devout Christian ever since.
Actually, what Collins demonstrates is that a Christian can only be religious on weekends if he is to be a respectable scientist. He has to be an evidence oriented thinker in the laboratory, not a person of faith, or he can't do science. There is no place for superstition or magical thinking in scientific research. To be successful at work during the week and in church on Sunday, one needs to learn to compartmentalize his thoughts. Far from being compatible, religious thought and scientific thought must be completely segregated.

At http://www.samharris.org/site/full_text/the-s... , Sam Harris points out the tremendous conflict of interest in having a head of the NIH that believes in magic:

"It is widely claimed that there can be no conflict, in principle, between science and religion because many scientists are themselves “religious,” and some even believe in the God of Abraham and in the truth of ancient miracles.

"What can be shown by example is how poorly religious scientists manage to reconcile reason and faith when they actually attempt to do so. Few such efforts have received more public attention than the work of Francis Collins.

"[A]s director of the institutes, Collins will have more responsibility for biomedical and health-related research than any person on earth, controlling an annual budget of more than $30 billion. He will also be one of the foremost representatives of science in the United States. For this reason, it is important to understand Collins’ religious beliefs as they relate to scientific inquiry.

"Would Collins have received the same treatment ... if he had argued for the compatibility between science and witchcraft, astrology, or Tarot cards?"

Harris goes on to quote Collins:

"After evolution had prepared a sufficiently advanced “house”(the human brain), God gifted humanity with the knowledge of good and evil (the Moral Law), with free will, and with an immortal soul. We humans use our free will to break the moral law, leading to our estrangement from God. For Christians, Jesus is the solution to that estrangement.

"If the Moral Law is just a side effect of evolution, then there is no such thing as good or evil. It’s all an illusion. We’ve been hoodwinked. Are any of us, especially the strong atheists, really prepared to live our lives within that worldview?"

Harris points out that neuroscientists applying for NIH funding to study the evolution of human morals would be subject to a conflict of interest if Collins has any say about where the NIH money is spent. Why would a Christian allocate scarce resources to such folly? Why should any of us even have to wonder what he would do?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#501880 Mar 11, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh honey....(I think you responded to the wrong post)
This was the meltdown;
<quoted text by HFY>
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it possible that you are unable to comprehend even the simplest of explanatory statements?
- the mistake your doctor made was to do so
- who cares if "hundreds of scientists" believe in bad science?
- who are these "hundreds of scientists" and, more importantly, where is the science?
- where is the science? where is the science? where is the science to back up your repetitive, ridiculous claims?
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
Let me repeat:
And:
Now, stupid, did that make it into your tiny brain?
<quoted text by HFY>
It's ok, you don't have to thank me :-)
Remember, I don't make mistakes anymore.

But thanks anyway !!

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#501881 Mar 11, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I can only assume it is because they question what do we have that they cannot grasp? Otherwise I have no idea why those without Faith would want to be in here demanding that their reasons are absolute - especially when they 'brag' about their own intelligence v the intelligence of other posters. Never did have much time for braggarts :O)
Romans 12:3

3 For by the grace (unmerited favor of God) given to me I warn everyone among you not to estimate and think of himself more highly than he ought [not to have an exaggerated opinion of his own importance], but to rate his ability with sober judgment, each according to the degree of faith apportioned by God to him.

(Amplivied version)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#501882 Mar 11, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember, I don't make mistakes anymore.
But thanks anyway !!
You just did, you'll make lots more, dw, everyone does and you are very welcome :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Never-ending Doctor 30,116
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min Rosa_Winkel 968,908
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min Rosesz 638,059
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 33 min Halle Berry Sister 3,558
Aguaje (Mar '11) 49 min Commongirl 103
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr An NFL Fan 38,053
Hiseville IGA Phillips 1 hr ayckmy 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr good advice 43,922
More from around the web