Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
If you seriously can't understand my position by now, and you need to misrepresent it so, you're just never going to understand it.
1. You are your brain and body. It's a false dichotomy to suggest otherwise. When your body dies, you are dead.
2. Yes, we have the illusion of choice. I've explained this to you so many times, I'm not going to again.
Sorry that you cannot understand. I suspect it has to do with willfully ignoring information that doesn't fit your religious beliefs, that you don't like.
Oh, well.
You have no idea what you're babbling about.

The area of science Dr Parnia does his experiments you're totally ignorant about.

When the body dies, you, which is the self/I/psyche/soul not dead.

That is a medically scientifically established. Its because you still living in 18th century darwinian ancient science that why you can't accept it.

Come into the 21st century atheist. Embrace Science. Don't disregard science because science is on a one way track to destroy your beliefs.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, baby, a name isn't evidence. Sorry, baby, claiming that Nobel Scientists backed up a name you gave me isn't evidence. You didn't even write any Nobel Laureates' names down, you just made the same empty claim as you do above.
You didn't present a scientific study. I presented two academic papers by the author who's opinion you presented that were not hypothesis testing research - they were simply descriptive. I further critiqued them for you and demonstrated they weren't scientific studies.
But you don't know anything about science, which is why you write the above - and, worse, you're not honest about it.
Do you have a nobel scientific prize under your belt.

No. Ann I did writer the name, the system shock you going through at the destruction of you beliefs made you miss it.

His name is Sir John Eccles, he is a neuroscientist.

That makes anything you say in an area you have no experience or training moot compared to Dr Parnia and his hundreds of scientists team.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Well once again I'm pleased to meet both of you and look forward to hearing from Sora.
GOoD night from my end -- TLC Grandmere, I love that name --
Bonjour Grandmere, merci beaucoup.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. this is not true ..
.. NDE's and ADE's only reflect the possibility of life after death, they do not confirm the existence of an afterlife ..
They confirm you exist after you die.

Afterlife is a religious concept. Maybe one day science can establish that as well, they come this far already why not.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Cheers and thanks Chris ~ all is going well, and nearly 11pm down here so been a big day. Just wanted to poke my head in here and check out what has been happening!! GODs' Blessings to you also, and to yours, Chris, it is something we surely all need in our earthly lives :)
Yes it is.

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me! God bless you Serah
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Doc
Hi,Mike. Still trying to figure out whether,or not,God is REAL,Mike?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Supply your evidence, so far all I'm seeing is you asserting something to be so. Give some links to your claims or something.
Read the book.

It was just released, so all you will find online are snippets. This is cutting edge science that is at work and it is detailed extensively is the book.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Well once again I'm pleased to meet both of you and look forward to hearing from Sora.
GOoD night from my end -- TLC Grandmere, I love that name --
Bonjour Grandmere, merci beaucoup. We are pleased to meet you as well.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You atheists crack me up. First you say God isn't real, then you try to prove to me or convince me that He lives in the sky....
Which is it?
God has no address, so I can't tell you, based on the Bible, exactly where He is, but i know He's beyond the sky.
Science will not enable us to be closer to God or to find the true whereabouts of God's location.
“The kingdom of God does not come with your careful observation, nor will people say,‘Here it is,’ or ‘there it is,’ because the kingdom of God is within you.”
-Jesus
Luke 17
if the kingdom of god, is "within you", RR then it is certainly a place to avoid.

any god who would have you as a follower, is not worthy of respect.
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Boo Who. You never see or answer my posts?
I must have missed 'em,Sweetie. So how's every thing in 'the land down under'? Can you hear can you hear the thunder?? http://www.youtube.com/watch...
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is exactly what the Lord Jesus said would happen Annie. Case in point, I've talked to my sister perhaps once in the last year. In fact she was here in Clearwater sometime back and would not come visit me and my wife. I love her as much as I can but she knows our faith and wants no part of it.(at least as of now) It hurt that she wouldn't even come to say hi because she like you is quite vocal on many of the same issues, claims to value all people but her actions prove otherwise. Again this does prove the word.
Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division. For from now on five in one house will be divided: three against two, and two against three. Father will be divided against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.”
This is true. It is sad that family,(especially family ) and friends will depart from
you, simply because you believe in Jesus Christ and become a Christian, as if it is a TABOO word.

They think Jesus Christ is just a concept with us. HE is much more than a 'concept, He is the ONLY way to God.

Some say they read the BIBLE, but just believe on parts of it.
You cannot serve two masters.

There is nothing to loose to truly believe in Jesus Christ, and that he died for your sins, and EVERYTHING to gain!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, good point.
"Buckingham H Christ, you're slow!"
Bucking Christ

I have heard that somewhere before...

sounds familiar

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Here I sit all broken hearted.
Tried to shit but only farted.
:(
you called out to god

you have your answer

“Dont kill innocent people just”

Since: Jul 12

"because they're inconvenient"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
if the kingdom of god, is "within you", RR then it is certainly a place to avoid.
any god who would have you as a follower, is not worthy of respect.
Clearly you don't understand the meaning of that scripture...

Just go back to sleep, boooots.

“Dont kill innocent people just”

Since: Jul 12

"because they're inconvenient"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

karl44 wrote:
you called out to god
Mrs Redneck does that all the time.....

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
@trifecta
Before we continue, know that my questions aren't to disrespect you in any way, shape, or form. With that being said...
<quoted text>Q1: Ho do you know you're elected?
Q2: Are you aware that the elect are "elected" to serve as kings and priests after the kingdom is established?
<quoted text>Q: How do you determine who's elected and who isn't?
<quoted text>Q1: Wouldn't a departure from "the faith" serve as evidence of doubt?
Q2: Doesn't doubt serve as evidence of a lack of belief?
<quoted text>I can agree that according to Matthew 24:24, it's impossible to deceive the elect. But,(Q:) is there even one verse that even slightly suggests that those not elected can't be deceived?
<quoted text>I can agree that being deceived is the fault of the one deceived, but (Q1:) are we allowed to exceed the definition of "deceived" to mean "demon-possessed"?
Q2: Was it demon-possession that caused the deception when the assembly was under the authority of the Roman Catholic hierarchy and threatened with death for even thinking of learning the bible on their own?
<quoted text>Q1: When you say "God," do you mean just Father Yahoweh, just His Son, or both? I ask because many call His Son "God," and according to Matthew 7:23, His Son declared, "I never knew you!" So, as I believe, there'd have to be a more reasonable explanation than the one you've given.
<quoted text>
How do I know I'm elected?
The daily/monthly/yearly experience/walk/closeness/of YHWH God Spirit through his blessed Son the Christ established by trust and faith.

[Q2: Are you aware that the elect are "elected" to serve as kings and priests after the kingdom is established?]
Yes.

How do I determined who is elected or not?
I do not think there is a way to establish who is elected or not. Someone can say the verse [by they fruits they will be known] but that only can really be establish by close family and friends. You go to church everyday and see other Christians or see them on you job, you can't be 100% sure they are the elected, that YHWH job.

That why Jesus say lets the wheat and the tares grow until harvest. Its not our business to try and separate the wheat and the tares, that YHWH job.

[Q1: Wouldn't a departure from "the faith" serve as evidence of doubt?]
That is one likely and possible conclusion. Another conclusion is that a believer decide they rather the lust of the eyes and flesh and the pride of life that this life gives rather than waiting for the afterlife Jesus promised. They simply want this life more than the life Jesus promised.

[is there even one verse that even slightly suggests that those not elected can't be deceived?]
Not that I'm aware of.

[I can agree that being deceived is the fault of the one deceived, but (Q1:) are we allowed to exceed the definition of "deceived" to mean "demon-possessed"?]
Yes writer. Any factor that made the believer turn from the faith, is demonic. Whether it be lust, pride, drugs, sex, etc. is a demonic stronghold that overwhelm them, and they turn from Jesus Christ.

[Q2: Was it demon-possession that caused the deception when the assembly was under the authority of the Roman Catholic hierarchy and threatened with death for even thinking of learning the bible on their own?]
???? Elaborate. I not familiar with that.

You question about someone doing spiritual works and still hear Jesus say "I never knew you", I think is the question on the back of each Christian mind everyday.
That the reason I think Paul say
1st Cor 10:12
So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!
[[[

We all need to check everyday out spiritual closeness to the Lord. Faith and trust in Christ is all the time. And to me if you focus on all the time...then no need to worry if you the elect or not.

But if you see you start take liberty with worldly activities, then take heed.

I'm not offended by your questions. And when I say "God" I mean Jesus and YHWH and the Spirit.
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me! God bless you Serah
Did you say you were living in Florida?? That limestone is REAL tricky down there,huh??: http://www.bing.com/videos/search...

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, you're not an ahole. Be nice to yourself.
May I respectfully dissent?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
Yes, that is how I took your post and the one above.
First, you write "scriptural evidence" as if the Bible is evidence of anything other than mythology and a very limited number of grossly embellished historical events. If you are claiming anything else - that the Bible is merely a metaphorical book of one culture's stories and wisdom, for example - then I am reading you wrong. The fault is mine.
Second, what evidence is being rejected by atheists? Sorry, I have never seen any evidence offered by a religious believer that can be verified beyond personal experience - none whatsoever. So...why would I take believers at their word or trust their mythologies?
You've got to be kidding me!

Okay.

With all due respect, it's pretty simple, Hidingfromyou.

If you say that the bible doesn't say something, or doesn't allow for something, and I provide one or more verses that show otherwise, then I've provided scriptural evidence that refutes your initial accusation.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is exactly what the Lord Jesus said would happen Annie. Case in point, I've talked to my sister perhaps once in the last year. In fact she was here in Clearwater sometime back and would not come visit me and my wife. I love her as much as I can but she knows our faith and wants no part of it.(at least as of now) It hurt that she wouldn't even come to say hi because she like you is quite vocal on many of the same issues, claims to value all people but her actions prove otherwise. Again this does prove the word.
Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division. For from now on five in one house will be divided: three against two, and two against three. Father will be divided against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.”
Your sister considers you a kook.

I agree with her.

You're looney tunes, man, with all this talk about Jesus coming and all that. And now look at your last paragraph. You promote family disfunction with your craziness.

I'll bet that you bring up this stuff whenever you can. Let me clue you in, most people don't want to hear it. They'd rather you kept your beliefs to yourself and leave them free of it all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 482,401 - 482,420 of596,737
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

597 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Sheilaa 110,268
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Joy 682,495
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Chess Jurist 513,214
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 8 min shovelhead72 52,616
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min scaritual 217,916
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 15 min Some1 Else 89,755
BDSM questions 17 min PoonDaddy 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min Commander Bunny 250,651
•••
•••
•••