“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#501711 Mar 10, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My only point is that just as blood is thicker than water, so should it be thicker than religion.
Family comes first.
Annie would agree.
My point was that my eldest sister goes to Church regularly (every week in fact) and yet her heart is cold and hard. She is deceitful and lies..... She is now in her 60's and is growing harder and colder - I don't go to Church regularly, but the reason we are not close is not because of religion, it is because of who she is and who she hurts.

She has hurt my children, and grandchildren, and you are right, blood is thicker than water and a Mother will protect her own, where as perhaps she might have put up with stuff if it was only herself being hurt.

Family comes first? Family over family ... children come first.

Annie would agree.

#501712 Mar 10, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a scientist SP... and also have Faith!
Not all scientists don't believe???
Definitely ~ the list of scientists with Faith is growing longer.... the more they learn, the more they learn :)

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#501713 Mar 10, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your sister considers you a kook.
I agree with her.
You're looney tunes, man, with all this talk about Jesus coming and all that. And now look at your last paragraph. You promote family disfunction with your craziness.
I'll bet that you bring up this stuff whenever you can. Let me clue you in, most people don't want to hear it. They'd rather you kept your beliefs to yourself and leave them free of it all.
Let me clue you in, don't care what people that are in the world system say or do. There is a time to speak and a time to hold ones peace. No, many times I say nothing because I know it will do no good. In fact my sister doesn't even know about my wifes past life, right now it would be pointless to bring that up. But when I feel led by the spirit to speak on such things you bet I will. This also brings up people that pray in public. At one time my home was in the bible belt and I wasn't Christian. My thinking was these hypocrites! No doubt some do it for show. Others may do it to obey Christ at certain times.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#501714 Mar 10, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. In fact we did have a good visit last fall when we went north. My point is from my pov we do try to keep things flowing. One thing I left out was when they were here was also when my wifes brother took a turn for the worst. He died about a week latter so they might have come over, its hard to say. But they did have close to a week here before all of that happened and made no effort. I would say my living for Christ has everything to do with it and her husband hates people of faith. That also has much to do with it. I would like a better relationship but don't think it will happen unless she becomes a Christian. Wife and I have been where they are and will not go back. Who knows what the future holds. One thing I've learned is you never know...
In order to save the relationship, SHE must become a Christian?

For shame.

Try not wearing your religion on your sleeve, show some respect for the beliefs of others, and you may retain your family ties. You do love them, don't you? If they are important enough to you, you will make the effort. If you are unwilling, you don't deserve their affection.

It's your choice. Don't blame them. You have nobody to blame but yourself.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#501715 Mar 10, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>haha..... I was just sort of joking about the evolution theory that we are all related to the first organism that sprung into being, complete with DNA :)
lol, I knew you were, but I just wanted to add that, lol

Because that is true about the pig looking like a human , hanging.

Since: Feb 13

Wood River, IL

#501717 Mar 10, 2013
I believe God is just. Think of it this way, what have u done that would justify an eternity in Hell! I'm really think about this. We know God is Just and he forgives. Do u really believe u are so bad of a person that there would be justification in sentencing u to hell for eternity!

#501718 Mar 10, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a scientist SP... and also have Faith!
Not all scientists don't believe???
***In an interview with Dr. Benjamin Wikera, Flew commented on “Richard Dawkins' comical effort to argue in The God Delusion that the origin of life can be attributed to a "lucky chance." If that's the best argument you have, then the game is over. No, I did not hear a Voice. It was the evidence itself that led me to this conclusion.”

"We choose to believe the impossible: that life arose spontaneously by chance”131

Flew also cited the Nobel Prize-winning physiologist George Wald who made the above comment.

Flew was persuaded by the argument that showed the absolute impossibility of producing a Shakespearean sonnet (let alone a living thing) using time and chance.b Flew writes “... it’s simply absurd to suggest that the more elaborate feat of the origin of life could have been achieved by chance”. 78
DNA –“looked to me like the work of intelligence”75

When Flew looked at the extraordinary complexity and subtlety of the workings of DNA, he concluded that it “looked to me like the work of intelligence”.“What I think the DNA material has done is that it has shown, by the almost unbelievable complexity of the arrangements which are needed to produce (life), that intelligence must have been involved in getting these extraordinary diverse elements to work together”. 75

When Flew mentions the DNA material, he is referring to the massive increase in our knowledge of DNA over the last 50 years.
Brilliant modern day scientists - not all hardened atheists!

http://www.changinglivesonline.org/item-by-ca... ***

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#501720 Mar 10, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I also haven't figured out why Christian – the supposed to be 'love thy neighbour' example – can be so crude, loud, and offensive.
Looks like what you give you get back.
I could only imagine the most upsetting value of the Christian/Atheist exchange of is simply that.
If we met them in the street – or as the good Samaritan aid – would be the better way to approach, to be put into practise, rather than pushing anything beyond injury.
Ja... WSJLM? I don't believe he could if my pride was bigger than my belief.
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
PW
somehow you are wrong
example your neighbour is wicked and conspire day and night evil acts agains you?
IN THE NAME OF GAL 5;22-24 to excercize this UNIVERSAL GODS SPIRIT FRUITS,
You have to be crude,loud and visible look like tough offensive his neigbour to chase him and his wickedness way from you in the name and Pure AGAPE LOVE OF ALL ENEMIES AND OWN WICKED NEIGBOUR?
this wicked neighbour knows your theoritical reaction, by your loud voice in side your house,knocking doors, walls, crude to mad to own dishes, curtains et.....
and your true practical Fruits of God Gal 5;22-24 are not damaged by this wicked neigbour but he respect you,your home,back yard,pets, children
your neighbout ploted war hate and conspiracies to damgae you,
you didn;t imitate him,only theoriticaly expose inside of your home loud madness making scare your wicked neighbour, and AGAPE LOVE FLOWS FROM YOU ALWAYS NOT DAMAGED, AND WICKED NEIGHBOUR START TO BE GOOD SWEET NEIGHBOUR TO YOU?
This way Gods Universal Fruits of Spirit Gal 5;22-24 allowed to you approach to your neighbour with your plain clean and Hol LOVE AGAPE TO YOUR NEIGHBOUR?
understood PW simple Universal old koine meaning of GODS AGAPE LOVE AND GODS SPIRIT FRUITS FROM GAL 5;22-24
I do
understand
GODS AGAPE LOVE AND GODS SPIRIT FRUITS

You... should not get in-between that and a true PW dr shink!
Or you might find out just how much 'I do'...
Ja?

I was raised on these nuts and bolts for Life - not death - so gimme a break!

That doesn't mean I must use the lighting bolt yet...

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#501721 Mar 10, 2013
Good evening everyone.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#501722 Mar 10, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My only point is that just as blood is thicker than water, so should it be thicker than religion.
Family comes first.
Annie would agree.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was that my eldest sister goes to Church regularly (every week in fact) and yet her heart is cold and hard. She is deceitful and lies..... She is now in her 60's and is growing harder and colder - I don't go to Church regularly, but the reason we are not close is not because of religion, it is because of who she is and who she hurts.
She has hurt my children, and grandchildren, and you are right, blood is thicker than water and a Mother will protect her own, where as perhaps she might have put up with stuff if it was only herself being hurt.
Family comes first? Family over family ... children come first.
Annie would agree.
Annie does agree.

I also understand about making hard choices...choices that you wish you never had to make...sometimes you just do.

Serah...you described my sister. I know...

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#501723 Mar 10, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>That is exactly what it is my friend. Not that every tea party members actually wants only rich and poor. It is more that the powers behind the scenes that want that package it up nice and secret and instead sell their agenda catering to people's religious beliefs, their fears, and their predjudices. Of course the only club in the Democrat golf bag is guilt and that only gets someone so far. 90% of these politicians simply want to maintain the status quo when it comes to power and money and will tell voters whatever they want to hear. Its the biggest scam in history and we are all so damn proud of it. free elections and a democracy are buzz words to make us feel good. An exercise in appeasement from the true power in this country. Yet sadly this system is better than most
Pretty much, and what is all so annoying about it also is that many of these people who are out of touch with how the other half is suffering, is that they naively but into this false propaganda and eat up everything that these liars are feeding them, it can be very frustrating.

Peace.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#501724 Mar 10, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're not entertained by this thread, then that is your fault. There has been a lot of fascinating and hysterical material fly by, such as the Maher link in my last post minutes ago. You weren't entertained by his atheistic unbaptizing in a wizard suit? I'm still laughing at that:
"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of math, gravity, evolution and electricity to honor brother Edward and to send the powers of Seal Team 666 to rescue him from Planet Klolobb so he may spend eternity with the kind of free-thinkers he chose to hang out with on Earth.
"So by the power granted to me by the Blair Witch, schlemiel schlimazel, e plurbis mumbo jumbo, expecto patronum, sussussudio, yo momma… I call upon the Mormon spirits to leave your body the fuck alone. Brother Edward, in this world you had to put up with Mitt Romney, you’ve suffered enough!"
I haven't even had time to check your link out yet IANS, I will check it out later or ask you to re-post it more than likely, right now I'm just trying to catch up after all day church services.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#501725 Mar 10, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, Today I am burdened for my country and every nation. I pray for the installation of spiritual leaders to carry out Your will. I pray for the leaders in power now, that You would move in their hearts and minds to lead in the right direction to accomplish Your purpose. Please forgive us for our indifference and our sin. I pray that Christians will turn from their wicked ways and rededicate their lives to You and Your service; and that other people living in sin will turn from that sin in repentance and belief in You. Have mercy on us, Lord. Thank you. In Jesus' name, amen.
Primetime with God
Amen.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#501726 Mar 10, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
MORNING....
Did you Spring Forward?
“Hating people because of their color is wrong.
And it doesn’t matter which color does the hating.
It’s just plain wrong.”
~ Muhammad Ali
Thought for the Day
Ali must've came to that realization after he broke away from Elijah Muhammad and the Nation of Islam, my guess.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#501727 Mar 10, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
THE PHARMACIST (The Parable Parallel)
Part 5
("Once upon a time in a land not too far away, there lived a Christian... ")
1. The Pharmacist: Initially, The Good Christian
2. The Coward: The Christian who gives in to public opinion rather than God.
3. The Drug Supplier: The Gay-marriage affirming, backslidden-in-heart Christian
4. The Pharmaceutical Standards and Guidelines: The Holy Bible
5. The Drug: Gay Marriage
6. Fellow Pharmacists: Other Gay-affirming Christians
7. The backslidden principle: "Only God can judge!"
==========
Yes, a gay person or any other fornicator can be saved if only they repent of their sins.
That's a pretty creative analogy Qu, and food for thought, thanks for posting it.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#501728 Mar 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb butt, they done comed from atop the top of a mountane!
Ain't you never done no bible stoody dewn at tha quickie mart?
Ya better watch it buster! I got's a BA in swamptamology, an you'll jist hafta listen ta what I says an that's it!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#501729 Mar 10, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
I feel your frustration, a GOD is not real, so there is no interaction with something that is not real. Your weakness shows when you call me names it is an indication you too know a GOD isn't real. Otherwise you would be slow to anger, claims without work is void.
The first post on this thread suggest improvement comes from the effort of oneself, not some holy-spirit, or a GOD doing the make-over, it's all you.
Believing in a GOD doesn't guarantee anything, it's simply for self preservation if in fact it actually works and you as a finished product would speak for itself,...so far you don't look so good.
Very mixed up individual aren't you......just to point out a couple things here, There is no "frustration" on my end as you are obviously feeling a reflection of YOUR frustration, there is no real anger in my responses to you as well, just telling the truth as you have presented yourself on this thread, I know that Christ is real and I know in whom I have placed my trust and have been Blessed for it many times over.

But I believe we have carried this little back and forthing as far as it needs to go, so I will end it on MY part. End Game.

Blessings.

#501730 Mar 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Annie does agree.
I also understand about making hard choices...choices that you wish you never had to make...sometimes you just do.
Serah...you described my sister. I know...
I can only imagine what you have been through, AJ.... and imagination is enough to hurt the heart :)

#501732 Mar 10, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Good evening everyone.
Good Afternoon Lawest100 and everyone else who might be reading these words :)

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#501733 Mar 10, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with Hiding on this "debate" (sorry HL), and this is the critical statement (by Hiding):
"The description of experience may not lie within the boundaries of science, but that doesn't mean that we cannot explain the origin of experience."
This doesn't mean we can, today, explain the origin (and nature) of experience, but this should be the quest. To want more is to engage wishful thinking, in my view.
Sometimes these discussions lead to good writing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Osmius 778,172
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min Rick in Kansas 265,444
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min truth 560,441
real music !!!! 4 r-e-a-l !!! 30 min Doctor REALITY 7
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr lovewithin 39,386
Scientific proof for God's existence 1 hr God Truth 48
I like underage girls (Apr '09) 2 hr TexasCPChampion 16
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 2 hr Trannyfucker 136
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Lumajuice 441,821
More from around the web