Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#501599 Mar 10, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
That's great... It is the norm to be baptized in the sea tho, isn't it Chris? They do in my South Pacific home too. I love the more natural approach to life rather than the pomp of high churches.
Are you Hawaiian?
Hope you do get back...
It has grown 10 fold on Oahu since we were there in 2006.
I tried to look up Pastor Joe on the north shore again, but things had changed so much.
No, I'm a haole. Dad was stationed in Honolulu when I came about. Its funny, I know when the Lord returns and the new comes it says there will be no more sea (Rev 21). Its all I know to live by the water but I look forward to whatever the Lord Jesus brings. God bless and keep you.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#501600 Mar 10, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say that you see a parallel with the Coat of Many Crullers?
Hollowed be thy dough.

May your eyes be glazed and your center filled.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#501601 Mar 10, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Your balloon bunny? Its in my toilet the same place your dignity and respect is.
I'm open to new Ideas. You open to new ideas where Science strongly claims when you die, that's not the end of you? that your psyche soul and the "I" lives on?
You going to "open" your brain to new scientific discoveries? or are you going to basically remain and atheist and remain Stupid?
you share an IQ score with RR

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#501602 Mar 10, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm a haole. Dad was stationed in Honolulu when I came about. Its funny, I know when the Lord returns and the new comes it says there will be no more sea (Rev 21). Its all I know to live by the water but I look forward to whatever the Lord Jesus brings. God bless and keep you.
Dude, you're not an ahole. Be nice to yourself.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#501603 Mar 10, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Yes, I see what you mean. You think you are teaching.
But your two scriptures didn't come close to doing what you thought they did - demonstrate contingency in the Christian universe. Look at them again at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
[1] "There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?" -
Luke 13:1-4
[2] "And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire." - 1Kings 19:11-12
You think that you proved something about possibility with these? You didn't.
And when people mock you for it, you translate that into them not wanting the truth:
"I showed verses that prove otherwise ... They ask questions so that they can reject the answer, regardless of how much sense it might make."
Of course that garbage was rejected. It proved nothing.
Or maybe you disagree. If so, why don't you show us "how much sense" your two scriptures made in support of your argument that the bible allows for contingency.
Incidentally, you picked the wrong scriptures to make your point, This one would have been much better : "... unless you repent, you will all likewise perish." - Luke 13:3
That's a clear expression of contingency, not your nonsense about "the lord" not being in the wind and earthquakes.
So why would I take instruction on "matters of religion and faith" from you? Apparently, you should take them from me.
Thank you for proving my point. And as I've experienced, even if I explained the verses to you so that you could understand, you'd still reject my explanation, anyway. I do wish the understanding of those verses were within your grasp, though.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#501604 Mar 10, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hollowed be thy dough.
May your eyes be glazed and your center filled.
He can't use hollow money to get his eyes glazed.....

Drug dealers prefer real money.

Location hidden

#501605 Mar 10, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Have they determined when the "NDE" initiates?
In other words. A person has suffered a heart attack or other life threatening> headed to death situation, and, they've identified: "Okay, the NDE has began the moment the heart stops"
Because, from what I understand, it's never in any research I'm aware of, been determined if the "NDE" happens, 5, 10, or 2 minutes before death occurs, or, could happen after resuscitation at whatever time, while the patient is unconscious.
Yeah, you'll label me a naysayer, and that's fine.
But, until it has been identified when the "NDE" initiates.
It's just anecdotal info concerning something that a person claims happened, and we can't say it happened while "dead", or 32 seconds before they opened their eyes after being resuscitated and waking up a day later or two weeks later.
Or, that it happened before they died, and that's what they remember.
Unless that can be determined it's like Sasquatch.
Just anecdotal - "We don't know"
we need a definition of "dead"

people who are now alive, were never, in the past dead.

NDE is caused by brain chemistry during shut-down.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#501606 Mar 10, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I've heard mountain lions here and in Arizona. This wasn't that. That sounds like a woman screaming bloody murder. It's spine tingling, because at first you don't think "mountain lion" You think A WOMAN! screaming! Bloody murder!
Bobcats sound like a baby or young child lost in the woods and crying.
I can't say what it is, or was. It was something I've only heard like I said 5-6 times, and each time it was absolutely as unidentifiable as could be, except that it "seemed" to be a vocalization.
I've been paced by a mountain lion, and you could hear it pant about 50 yds away, but never see it, and I've walked up on bear a few times.
I've heard bear "sound" or "beller"<(mountai n term you know)when they're supposedly trying to get the attention of a sow or claiming and marking territory.
This was nothing like that. I've got a good friend that hunts bear, and he says they don't make a sound anything like I describe.
Again, maybe I've never heard a bear make that noise, nor has he.
I dunno. I'm a lucid and calm person, not prone to flight or being startled etc..
I don't know what it was. I sometimes wonder if it might be a geological phenomena of some sort that I'm not aware of and rare, who knows.
BTW, if you hadn't guessed, I'm not a "Sasquatcher".
I'm just relaying some experiences that some people would immediately assume are.
http://youtu.be/3o2cMGCMK2c

turn up the volume!

check out these sounds, other links in here are good too, it also has the mountain lion

Clearwater, FL

#501607 Mar 10, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I have been called all of those things by some in my 3 1/2 years of posting on this thread!
I have those on this thread I call friend. Though that number has shrunk I am sure that call me friend.
I had to do some soul searching though...could I be friends with someone that thinks I am an enemy...wicked...demoniac...an tichrist...evil...etc etc.
It has not always been an easy thing to separate the person from the belief since what we believe is a part of the make-up of who we are.
While I agree that the Christian faith/Bible teaches all of the above...I also have to acknowledge it is what the believer does with this teaching that creates the divide between us all.
When I came to this thread I had hoped that we could share what we had in common and put differences aside. Only with a few have I been able to do that. On the whole...it doesn't work.
That saddens me. The only way that I am able to get along with the majority here...is to keep my differences to myself.
Well...even that doesn't work...sometimes!
And that is exactly what the Lord Jesus said would happen Annie. Case in point, I've talked to my sister perhaps once in the last year. In fact she was here in Clearwater sometime back and would not come visit me and my wife. I love her as much as I can but she knows our faith and wants no part of it.(at least as of now) It hurt that she wouldn't even come to say hi because she like you is quite vocal on many of the same issues, claims to value all people but her actions prove otherwise. Again this does prove the word.

Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division. For from now on five in one house will be divided: three against two, and two against three. Father will be divided against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.”

Clearwater, FL

#501608 Mar 10, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, you're not an ahole. Be nice to yourself.
Lol. Just what locals to Hawaii call white guys not native.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#501610 Mar 10, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I'm gathering, it hasn't even reached what is considered scientific "fact". Just a reminder; Scientific fact is a very narrow category.
Noun: scientific fact
1. An observation that has been confirmed repeatedly and is accepted as true (although its truth is never final)
WordWeb Pro 6.6
So far, from what you've asserted or presented, it's just a supposition.
Please, provide evidence that states it(NDE) is a scientific fact.
What is established as scientific medical fact, is that when the brain has no flow of blood, the brain dies immediately.

Reason that a cardiac arrest is defined as medical death because once the heart stops, the brain stops almost immediately. Which means NDE's and ADE's cannot be a result of the brain. That is established medical fact.

What Dr Parnia with his AWARE study and hundreds of other scientists studying the same phenomenon, they have established real cases of NDE's and ADE's in hospitals where they have set up experiments to establish that the person had a ADE or NDE when cardiac arrest happened.

They have interviewed numerous cases in hospitals where these experiments were done, that these patient's saw things outside of their body that would be impossible for them to know lying on a hospital bed, while their brain was medically dead that proved an ADE took place.

The only reason its not in a peer reviewed journal as yet is that there has not been enough interviews in the the hospitals where these experiments have taken place.

But they have hundreds of other cases in hospitals outside of the experiments, they just have to established they own cases in they own control environment of the hospitals they chose then it will be in a journal.

So my question to you writer is this, do you now believe based on the scientific evidence done so far, that your psyche/soul/I/self, exist independent of the brain?

Location hidden

#501611 Mar 10, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Our God is not dead, you're getting sillier every time I look in here.
your god has never existed, it is, one supposes, difficult to die from non-existence
bob

Ringe, Denmark

#501612 Mar 10, 2013
i have a nice butt therefore Jesus shud luv me

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#501613 Mar 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
If you seriously can't understand my position by now, and you need to misrepresent it so, you're just never going to understand it.
1. You are your brain and body. It's a false dichotomy to suggest otherwise. When your body dies, you are dead.
2. Yes, we have the illusion of choice. I've explained this to you so many times, I'm not going to again.
Sorry that you cannot understand. I suspect it has to do with willfully ignoring information that doesn't fit your religious beliefs, that you don't like.
Oh, well.
You have no idea what you're babbling about.

The area of science Dr Parnia does his experiments you're totally ignorant about.

When the body dies, you, which is the self/I/psyche/soul not dead.

That is a medically scientifically established. Its because you still living in 18th century darwinian ancient science that why you can't accept it.

Come into the 21st century atheist. Embrace Science. Don't disregard science because science is on a one way track to destroy your beliefs.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#501614 Mar 10, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, baby, a name isn't evidence. Sorry, baby, claiming that Nobel Scientists backed up a name you gave me isn't evidence. You didn't even write any Nobel Laureates' names down, you just made the same empty claim as you do above.
You didn't present a scientific study. I presented two academic papers by the author who's opinion you presented that were not hypothesis testing research - they were simply descriptive. I further critiqued them for you and demonstrated they weren't scientific studies.
But you don't know anything about science, which is why you write the above - and, worse, you're not honest about it.
Do you have a nobel scientific prize under your belt.

No. Ann I did writer the name, the system shock you going through at the destruction of you beliefs made you miss it.

His name is Sir John Eccles, he is a neuroscientist.

That makes anything you say in an area you have no experience or training moot compared to Dr Parnia and his hundreds of scientists team.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#501615 Mar 10, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Well once again I'm pleased to meet both of you and look forward to hearing from Sora.
GOoD night from my end -- TLC Grandmere, I love that name --
Bonjour Grandmere, merci beaucoup.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#501616 Mar 10, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. this is not true ..
.. NDE's and ADE's only reflect the possibility of life after death, they do not confirm the existence of an afterlife ..
They confirm you exist after you die.

Afterlife is a religious concept. Maybe one day science can establish that as well, they come this far already why not.

Clearwater, FL

#501617 Mar 10, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Cheers and thanks Chris ~ all is going well, and nearly 11pm down here so been a big day. Just wanted to poke my head in here and check out what has been happening!! GODs' Blessings to you also, and to yours, Chris, it is something we surely all need in our earthly lives :)
Yes it is.

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me! God bless you Serah
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#501618 Mar 10, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Doc
Hi,Mike. Still trying to figure out whether,or not,God is REAL,Mike?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#501619 Mar 10, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Supply your evidence, so far all I'm seeing is you asserting something to be so. Give some links to your claims or something.
Read the book.

It was just released, so all you will find online are snippets. This is cutting edge science that is at work and it is detailed extensively is the book.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min old_moose 24,710
OVERWHELMED...by God's blessings 27 min Doctor REALITY 13
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 34 min Doctor REALITY 34
I admire Bill and Melinda Gates 41 min Doctor REALITY 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 48 min Michael 685,474
Anne Bennett Patricia Bennett 1 hr Curiousitypretty 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr PrinceofDarkness 985,610
More from around the web