Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with my feet?
They are not designed for the gravity and pressure in which we live, and that is contrary to the dynamics of evolution which supposedly designed you.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I was on another Christian thread and they kept talking about the Rupture.
Does it hurt bad, you think?
They said once the Rupture happens, I can go to Heaven.
They said it will happen soon.
Should I believe?
No.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
I gotta go do some woods stuff.
Hopefully I'll have a truckload of white oak when I'm done.
White oak is some good stuff. One of the highest btu's per lb. burned there are. Shagbark Hickory are better, but they've become super scarce so I won't cut those. They were almost wiped out when the the first settlers arrived because it was such a versatile timber.

There used to be vast forests of White oak all over the Eastern U.S., second only to the Chestnut. White oaks(if you notice)as they are younger grow really straight and tall. Ship builders noticed this, and when the inherent strength and straight almost continuous grain was also realized.

They almost wiped those out, too. All existing ships(the world over) were pretty much re-masted with white oak and all new ships were built with white oak masts. White oak pretty much eliminated broken masts during heavy seas and actually helped improve ship building design since the stronger masts allowed for more efficient hull designs.

Forest that covered mile after square mile of nothing but white oaks as the predominant species. Amazing. Wish I could have seen that.

As a matter of fact some think there may have been a sub species of white oak, that actually was for all practical purposes eliminated due to the demand. You'll see that many old white oaks as they become older, will bend and start to twist and grow huge branches. From what I gather, the other supposed variety would grow upwards to around 70-100 ft, with only a crown at the top, and minimal branches along the side. Even what is left has a very straight grain. I rehandle axes with white oak.Just some stuff picked up over the years.

Hardly a tree species I don't know. Canopy, understory etc.. It's not only a job, it's a loved hobby. Truly.

I try to take care of the woods in various ways.

Trees are also the most efficient natural carbon sinks there are.

Anyway. Tree 101 is done for this day.
Tide with Beach wrote:
I might take my camera with me. I don't want to speak to soon, but I think I saw Sasquatch the other morning.
Good luck.

I don't know, or can't say that is a "legend" or ...who knows. I'd say it qualifies as myth until proven otherwise.

Probably 5-6 times, when I've been way back in the woods, say, 10 miles or more from any habitation. I've heard a few screams I guess you'd say.

That I've never heard anywhere. It's not a bear, mountain lion or anything I'm familiar with, but, maybe I've just never heard a bear make that sound before.

I sure can't say. Weirdest sound.

The whole forest goes silent too.

Birds, squirrels, everything. Like time stops for just a couple seconds, and everything around you sorta thinks:

"There it is"

Then it takes another 10 minutes or more for everything to liven back up. I dunno how many here are familiar with crow, but even crow go quiet.

hahaha, Yeah, I know, here's this atheist guy, that don't have a theistic deity belief, but he'll discuss A SASQUATCH!

No. All I'm saying is as familiar as I am with this area, there have been some times when I was out.

And that happened and I thought...WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? That's all. I don't know what it is. That's not evidence.

That's my anecdotal info about...I don't know.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
If you search around, there's few more of those.

Santa, and a scene at a bar are hilarious.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
Oh.

BLASPHEMER!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
How's that working out for you, cockroach boy? Are you putting your sweet Jesus' words into practice?
What a phony. Your words are very far from your deeds.
You're a cockroach based on your beliefs. Secular Humanism made you into one and really you serve no purpose than just to be stepped on.

You crying "Jesus" now is just you gasping for air because you arguments was so royally crushed on the billboard. You won't get no mercy from me Dr Doolittle.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

<quoted text>
Jesus speaks through you, doesn't he?
Jesus is the potter, and you are his shard.
Lo, the angels sang, "O holy! O so very holy!"
LOL. What a failed philosophy.
Me destroying you and your beliefs have nothing to do with Jesus, I do it for free and with pleasure lol!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

<quoted text>
You should probably consider giving up the use of the word "science."
No. Science has made your belief as a "Atheist" more hysterical than it already is.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
Your philosophy Atheism, is DEAD. Killed by Science.
Science killed your god. Science implies atheism, which is why the Christian church attacks it so vehemently. Here are four ways:

[1] First, science, like secular humanism, lends support to the principle of rational skepticism, which is the mother of atheism, science and humanism. Those three are each the result of the application of rational skepticism to matters of the supernatural, the natural, and human life respectively. Since they are all fruit of the same tree, the stunning successes of science, such as the polio vaccine and space travel, and of secular humanism, such as the US Constitution and individual political freedoms, suggest that atheism is just as valid.

[2] Second, science shows us that every creation myth is a fabrication, meaning that extraordinary religious proclamations that can be checked have uniformly been found to be wrong. Once we understand where religious thought comes from, and what its standards of scholarship are - making things up and saying that a god told you - we understand where the concept of a god comes from: man's imagination.

[3] Third, science has shown that we don't need a god. There was never was a reason to even consider the possibility of a god except to explain the otherwise inexplicable. And science does that better. With each of its pronouncement, every god shrinks into a smaller gap. Religion is dying wherever science is thriving.

[4] Fourth, scientists have been studying our reality at every scale from the Higgs boson (CERN) to the cosmological scale (WMAP) since the invention of the microscope and telescope, and have never found a scintilla of evidence for a designer. Nothing. Scientists have shown repeatedly that prayer fails.

That is four different ways that science affirms atheism.

http://nirmukta.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/1... [Science vs. Religion. The debate continues.]

Would you like to hear how mathematics also implies atheism?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm an Astrophysicist and trumps all so go away ;-p
An I'm the head o' the Astrolomy Dept. at WassamattaU...An I takes them physics when I'm constipated too! I takes the oral ones though..I don't like them astro ones, they got's a shitty taste... So there!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

<quoted text>
How would you define a closed mind? The one above is close enough for me. From free dictionary's definition of close-minded - "stubbornly unreceptive to new ideas."
<quoted text>
Is that right? You are a great example of what your religion can do.
Now where's my balloon bunny?
LOL.
Your balloon bunny? Its in my toilet the same place your dignity and respect is.

I'm open to new Ideas. You open to new ideas where Science strongly claims when you die, that's not the end of you? that your psyche soul and the "I" lives on?

You going to "open" your brain to new scientific discoveries? or are you going to basically remain and atheist and remain Stupid?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Good post.
You embody your stated ethics, Trifecta does not. You are gentle and reasonable, and he is angrily calling you "Hypocrite!"
aww..so sweet. Was you whispering this to Wilderide while defending the virtues of Homosexuality?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

<quoted text>
The absurdity is obvious to unbelievers. That's why you get ridiculed for it. I'm surprised that you noticed, however.
There is much amusement in you being ridiculed as well, so that's ok :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. have you read LIFE OF PI ??..
.. it's a spiritual adventure nobody should miss ..
I took 4 boys, aged between 12 and 10 to see the movie; I must admit, I shuddered a bit when I realised right at the beginning what the movie was really about (I thought it was more like the Titanic, but with 4 animals on a raft) but they were great and enjoyed the movie, which was quite a long one.

It was a great movie and I really enjoyed it, and usually the book is better than the movie :)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Well here I am... was I gone that long!
Hope you are feeling better...
Take care Sister Friend
<quoted text>
'Fragile' was Le Le's term... I just added to it in here post.
<quoted text>
I saw you did so found this funnyly attached to the one I wrote Le Le.
I trust the Light will shine and the Truth will clear the Way to Peace.
No way out but to always face it... than one can forgive ourselves also, and move on.
Love always finds a Way... with less bubbles!
>>>Smile<<< You're on Camera.
haha.... with a smile on our dial we are ready for anything :)

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>No. Science has made your belief as a "Atheist" more hysterical than it already is.
Have they determined when the "NDE" initiates?

In other words. A person has suffered a heart attack or other life threatening> headed to death situation, and, they've identified: "Okay, the NDE has began the moment the heart stops"

Because, from what I understand, it's never in any research I'm aware of, been determined if the "NDE" happens, 5, 10, or 2 minutes before death occurs, or, could happen after resuscitation at whatever time, while the patient is unconscious.

Yeah, you'll label me a naysayer, and that's fine.

But, until it has been identified when the "NDE" initiates.

It's just anecdotal info concerning something that a person claims happened, and we can't say it happened while "dead", or 32 seconds before they opened their eyes after being resuscitated and waking up a day later or two weeks later.

Or, that it happened before they died, and that's what they remember.

Unless that can be determined it's like Sasquatch.

Just anecdotal - "We don't know"

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Wilderide is a more Christlike than you are. He also has the peace that passeth all understanding and the fruits of the Spirit that eluded you. You're an angry and humorless guy.
<quoted text>
He is showing your hypocrisy. He is not in conflict with his stated ethics the way you are. He is actually in accord with your stated ethics better than you are. Consider the Golden Rule, a central tenet of humanism and rational ethics. Who wouldn't rather be treated more like Wildsride treats you than like you treat him?
Who's the hypocrite here?
ah! You're. lol.

So you feeling bad and sad how you and the other freethinkers getting treated, and you using the tenets of Christianity to lesson the punch huh?

Well I truly believe you have made secular humanism into a laughing stock, and now that you are getting crushed on the thread, you and the other freethinkers using Christianity and Jesus to bail you out.

Good luck. You're a laughable immoral evil Slave and deserve everything that came to you on this billboard.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. this is intellectual dishonesty ..
.. science has not proven God ..
mmmh; Francis Collins and "The Language of GOD" could be construed as proof, however, it always depends on what one is happy with as proof presented.

***The often strained relationship between science and religion has become particularly combative lately. In one corner we have scientists such as Richard Dawkins and Steven Pinker who view religion as a relic of our superstitious, prescientific past that humanity should abandon. In the other corner are religious believers who charge that science is morally nihilistic and inadequate for understanding the wonders of existence. Into this breach steps Francis Collins, who offers himself as proof that science and religion can be reconciled. As leader of the Human Genome Project, Collins is among the world's most important scientists, the head of a multibillion-dollar research program aimed at understanding human nature and healing our innate disorders. And yet in his best-selling book, The Language of God, he recounts how he accepted Christ as his savior in 1978 and has been a devout Christian ever since. "The God of the Bible is also the God of the genome," he writes. "He can be worshiped in the cathedral or in the laboratory."

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0702/vo... ***

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I took 4 boys, aged between 12 and 10 to see the movie; I must admit, I shuddered a bit when I realised right at the beginning what the movie was really about (I thought it was more like the Titanic, but with 4 animals on a raft) but they were great and enjoyed the movie, which was quite a long one.
It was a great movie and I really enjoyed it, and usually the book is better than the movie :)
Yeah, it was a good movie, I agree.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're right, if seeing is believing, as they say, about the soul thing.
I saw a YouTube of a house where a guy had just died. The room where the dead guy lay had a window. The video showed a very strangely shaped, mysterious form exiting the window, drifting away from the house, then floating away into the sky, upward and upward until it was no longer visible.
What do you think? Any comments from other posters, Christians, nonbelievers or freethinkers?
It could well have been photo shopped

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

443 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min AussieBobby 256,445
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min USA Born 532,604
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min eyeful 172,318
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Hidingfromyou 720,555
Talk to Demi Lovato (Jul '08) 16 min Justin 645
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 18 min Larry 122
Ifitdress.com reviews (Oct '12) 18 min Taya 14
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr Helga 72
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••