“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#501047 Mar 9, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I guess there are Mike ~ are you in need of one?
You clever woman ...

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#501048 Mar 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody call Dim a WAAAAAAHHHHHHmbulance. Poor persecuted baby.
It's contempt, of ye of low wattage - contempt. Look at how you behave.
You're getting unhinged and becoming more unpredictable, and genuinely now a mental basket case because of your astounding futility on the billboard.

What a pathetic spectacle you have become.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#501049 Mar 9, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>No, that is Science. And its not opinion, its backed by hundreds of Scientists, even ones that have won Nobel Prizes in Science.
Here is the man and you can read about his research A.W.A.R.E
http://www.nourfoundation.com/speakers/sam-pa...
Read the book. You scared "Atheist"....~~grin~ ~
Read the book. Order it on Amazon, set you back $20 at the most.
Your philosophy Atheism, is DEAD. Killed by Science.
:0
So if its not science that is keeping you an atheist? what is?
lol.
Science and the Book of Job

http://www.ldolphin.org/jobscience.html

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#501050 Mar 9, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
The so-called "trinity," actually, is not supported by the bible.
Sure, the added portion in Matthew, writings of Paul, and the writings of some early Church "Fathers" etc., began to cement that concept in place soon becoming Doctrine.

The early persecutions of opposing sects, too. Kill them.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#501051 Mar 9, 2013
If anyone sees his brother commit a sin that does not lead to death he should pray and God will give him life.I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death.I am not saying that he should pray about that .All wrongdoing is sin and there is sin that does not lead to death.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#501052 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
You are going off the deep-end "doctor"
It was simply an observation. I don't feel persecuted by nobodies in the bottom 5% of society
Your ego has confused you again
oy!lol.

he off the deep end. You going to throw him a rope skombolis? lol

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#501053 Mar 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Tri isn't capable :)
Let's ignore that none of those papers present actual research, but are opinions, and that the middle one gets some of the history of science wrong, and pretend that "morphic fields" exist.
How would that mean that we have a "soul" that is separable from our bodies? All it would mean is that we discovered something we didn't previously understand about how the body produces consciousness. Unless you're going to speculate some kind of undetectable, nonmaterial "nodes" or "receivers" or something that houses the soul we're still stuck in the material, tied to the body.
I had a prof once who reduced telepathy to physics. He used the remote viewing examples, quantified their information transfer as bits, and compared it to brain waves - they match at the ELF waves of the brain. Let's assume he's correct, assume that telepathy is real. What he then demonstrated was that the neurons we all have are capable of learning to communicate via sensing very small changes in the ELF waves that hit them. So they wouldn't be just produces of ELF waves, but receivers.
That doesn't actually change their underlying material nature, just that we now know something different about them.
Researchers were able to get a microchip to communicate via EM waves in a similar manner. Normally, electricity runs through pathways on chips, producing waves that extend away from the chip. In sensitive electronics, it's the white noise that messes up the system a bit. If you're under 15 you can hear the whine of the TV for example (it's like that).
Well, they wrote an evolutionary communication program - one that tried all kinds of scenarios, selected which worked best, and continually refined those. Then they broke the chip. It learned how to be sensitive to that noise - since the noise affects the delicate wiring (by moving electrons back and forth on it)- and so it learned to communicate across the gap. It's a similar example to what my prof was suggesting - that ELF waves travel across the distances between brains, the electrons on neurons are moved by them, the neurons pick up on that motion and translate it into information.
The thing is, if he's correct, we're still talking about neurons. Not magical neurons with souls, but neurons with electrons that move. That's an entirely materialist explanation for the above.
Now, to the sex and rum and horsey-riding :)
Yaaaaaaaaay for horses!
More compassion from a person that has none. Truth is its outright bigotry. Your choice.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#501054 Mar 9, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I've found that discussing matters of religion and faith with the atheists of Topix is futile. The reason I say this is simple.
It seems to me that atheists don't care to discuss any topic involving matters outside the realm of atheism in order to change views. They ask questions, but not because they want to learn the truth of the matter. They ask questions so that they can reject the answer, regardless of how much sense it might make, and ask more questions. Case in point...
Just recently, I was sent a quote that stated, in a nutshell, that biblical doctrine allows no room for accidents. Everything that occurs in life must have a reason. And every reason is either, "God," or Satan. Well, I showed verses that prove otherwise. Now, instead of accepting these verses and admitting that the person initially quoted was actually mistaken, they requested that I include the name of the authors, too, as if such an inclusion will prove or disprove what I quoted. I mean, either way, the quotes exist. So, with or without the inclusion of the authors' names, the fact remains-- the bible proves otherwise.
You see what I mean, though?
True thing. Just look at that freethinker wilderide that must have asked the same questions at least a dozen times or more and ask them to about a dozen different Christians on the billboard.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#501055 Mar 9, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
I know who I believe.
I know you and all Christians/religions do.

Not meant as a slight, and that I mean, but all theists say that. If it makes you happy, please, continue, you don't need my permission, just understand atheists and all other people who fall outside of your religious beliefs are good people, who are part of the world and contribute, positively.

We work in stores where you buy things. We are Doctors. We are auto mechanics. We are Parents, sons and daughters. Maybe even a Grandparent that never said nothing to anyone because they know what's up.

Even a guy who cuts wood for a living and one night when tornadoes were all over, got in his truck with his boy and went to try and get some people and and a baby out of a bad spot who I'm pretty sure were Christians and it never crossed my mind.

But you know, there are times I think about it, lots about them that didn't you know, make it, but ever so often I think about if it'd just been me, or say an old atheist, living alone, and if as the guys got close to the wrecked house, and they knew, might have said.

"Eh. Fnck that godless motherfncker."

Maybe not all, but maybe one. The others might be horrified, but one might not be. You know it's possible.

That isn't right. No way, no how. Not even to think it. Not just one.

Stop with the dEmOn/aBoMINaTioN/unHolY cRaP. We're just people, like you.

I'm pretty sure if your deity did turn out to be real, from what I know, it's not gonna hold it against you if you treat everyone like you'd like to be treated.

Let it hold anything I do against me.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#501056 Mar 9, 2013
We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin;the one who was born of God keeps him safe and the evil one cannot harm him.We know that we are the children of God and the whole world is under the control of eveil one. We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding so that we may know him who is true even in his Son Jesus Christ He is the true God and eternal life

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#501057 Mar 9, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Madame, we just came home from Bolivia. It is a wonderful country especially the food. I speak Quechua and Spanish and Aymara. We stayed in the medieval city of Sorata.
Wow, very nice! I've never been and have no image of Bolivian food - what do they eat?

How amazing, your languages. Is Aymara related to Quechua? Quechua is not related to Indo-European languages - what kind of differences are there between it and, say, English? Are the sentences constructed around "I"?

I love learning about languages and how they shape the kinds of thoughts you can have. Hawaiian, I'm told, doesn't deal in concrete or the material (Happy Lesbo would love it!) but refers to things via their essences. So it's a poetic language.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#501058 Mar 9, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
Hey BLL,
We have had a lot of Atheist come on this thread to just harass but not all. There have been some good one come in here too.
Wait. Was I wrong for generalizing atheists the way I did? I wasn't aware that we weren't supposed to do that considering the many times that some of us have said that we're not affiliated with any modern denominations of Christendom, and yet "you Christians" seems to be the preferred description attributed to us.

I jest, of course. And I agree. But, my use of generalization was a part of my overall point.
Here For Now wrote:
But I agree this little gang came here to make trouble. They remind me of someone cramming something down someoneís throat while yelling that someone is wrong for trying to cram something down their throat.
Some think doing something wrong is ok because if God didnít want it that way He would have prevented it. They either forget about, donít want or donít get the free will that God gave us. I for one would not want someone programmed to like/love me over someone who just genially likes/loves me. I can also see that God would want the genial love too. Besides He knows what He is doing and doesnít need our permission to do anything.
HFN
Don't get me wrong. I can understand how and why people can come to reject "God," Christendom, and religion, in our day and age. There's a couple of things that I don't get, though.

1) What if the contention is not based on what's actually written, but on the erroneous interpretations of what's written?

2) And what if this "erroneous interpretation" is explained, but the explanation is rejected, regardless?

It seems to me that some atheists will do anything to continue in opposition.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#501059 Mar 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, for the slow mind, you don't get to tell me about my friend. Only he does. You didn't know him and cannot speak to his experiences.
Sure, sure, you "know" a lot of things. Few of them can be backed up by evidence, but boy, do you ever "know" them!
Scientific Evidence shows your belief Atheism is a fraud.

Are you denying Science? if so, why.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#501060 Mar 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to learn to read more carefully.
I happen to have an interest in proper grammar. HL is aware of this interest. HL became curious about the proper plural form of "scarf". So she inquired. fuelled the word in your post, and twice to boot. Try not to do it again, or you will be jeopardizing the likelihood of acceptance as a member of the Holy Church of Catcher.(You should also sprinkle a few commas into your sentences.)
As for the second thing, this time it's a question: Why should Jesus love me?
I really wasnt reading your conversations about scarves that closely. Its not often i find a grown man talking scarfs. Yes...the church of Catcher...i saw you mention it like 4 times now. I find the notion even as a redundant joke about as clever as anything else you say! I hope you arent this clueless when it comes to the effectiveness of your closing arguments as you are with your jokes but your time on Topix suggests you are!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#501061 Mar 9, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Most atheists tend to look at what the bible considers the place where your mythic deity resides. That is the only "official" reference, so to speak.
You're speaking of how progressive Christians allude to heaven and the abode of your deity.
The bible is much more specific than progressive Christians are, and it speaks clearly of three heavens.
All located above the earth. The sky is an appropriate term.
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...
As I said, it's an atheist thing....

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#501062 Mar 9, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>
:) good to see you too.
These freethinkers and Unbelievers are like draw string puppets. I know how they going to attack Christianity, Christians and Jesus Christ and try and defend they philosophy before they even write it. They easy to set up, I almost feel sorry for them.
You say "freethinkers and Unbelievers".

In your view, is there a difference between the two?

Location hidden

#501063 Mar 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiding's body relaxes. She lowers her twitching arm, pulls the stool back, slides her empty glass over to RR.
And gives him a hug,
"Yaaaaaaaay!"
Tee-hee-hee....

Aw, shucks!

Location hidden

#501064 Mar 9, 2013
OMG... 600 posts in 24 hours?!?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#501065 Mar 9, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>oy!lol.
he off the deep end. You going to throw him a rope skombolis? lol
Maybe he can write himself a prescription for his anxiety. I just want to see how many tries it takes him to write for the correct medication. His post about prescribing Ritalin to adults where it has the adverse effect makes me think he will need a couple tries! LOL

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#501067 Mar 9, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
do topix mail to ask the lady about such personal matter you think?
What?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min ChristineM 228,509
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min AussieBobby 260,117
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 9 min Johnny 3,343
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min It aint necessari... 743,262
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min Lyndi 174,178
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 54 min KayMarie 544,818
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr KiMare 95,739

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE