Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#500995 Mar 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. thanks. That clarifies it. HL prefers scarfs, lotsa scarfs ..
.. an strictly emergent conscious will never be scientifically proven ..
.. this is your opportunity to disagree with me ..
I didn't say anything earlier, but I do disagree with your concept of a collective consciousness, as I (mis?)understand it.

As I see it, I got mine and you got yours.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#500996 Mar 9, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't take it as being rude nor do I mind answering your question.
First I must correct you on something...I no longer am a part of the Christian faith.
Despite what some might think my stance on equality did not stem from my son being gay. That belief was a part of me long before he came in to my life. I also walked away from that faith long before I knew that he was gay. There is no correlation between the two.
I grew up seeing both sides of Christianity...the good...and the bad. It was always a constant conflict with me I think...the two sides just did not mesh. How could the God that I believed in...burn someone because they were different.
There is this childhood song that I learned...
If you don't go to Sunday School,you'll grow up to be bad
If you don't go to Sunday School you'll surely wish you had
If you hope some day to see the Lord,then you better start today
For those who miss the Sunday School,are on the downward way
Yet I knew so many good people that never went to Sunday school.
I lived in an area that when I look back...was racist and bigoted. It still is...I see it now...I just didn't then. It never dawned on me to against someone because they did not believe, look or act like me.
I don't know...to make a long story short...I always seemed to migrate to those that were shunned...simply because they were different.
Today I look at the above little song...one that I sang as a child...and wonder...
A comment was made to me last night...why couldn't I just post what I was grateful for (or something such as that). Okay...here goes.
If there is a God...I am grateful that he gave me my son. I am grateful that he was born to a mother that won't turn her back on him...a mother that accepts him for who he is.
I consider my son a gift from God...one that I promised to love and take of...that promise was not based on whether he was gay or straight.
Thank you - wonderful words!

That song is awful to teach to children. So much of religion is child abuse.

I'm an atheist, so I feel that there's no need to second guess yourself with regards to your decision to leave Christianity. I see that as a positive. For me, it was a process of maturation, of outgrowing simple ways of thinking. For you, it seems more of becoming increasingly moral and thoughtful.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#500997 Mar 9, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't take it as being rude nor do I mind answering your question.
First I must correct you on something...I no longer am a part of the Christian faith.
Despite what some might think my stance on equality did not stem from my son being gay. That belief was a part of me long before he came in to my life. I also walked away from that faith long before I knew that he was gay. There is no correlation between the two.
I grew up seeing both sides of Christianity...the good...and the bad. It was always a constant conflict with me I think...the two sides just did not mesh. How could the God that I believed in...burn someone because they were different.
There is this childhood song that I learned...
If you don't go to Sunday School,you'll grow up to be bad
If you don't go to Sunday School you'll surely wish you had
If you hope some day to see the Lord,then you better start today
For those who miss the Sunday School,are on the downward way
Yet I knew so many good people that never went to Sunday school.
I lived in an area that when I look back...was racist and bigoted. It still is...I see it now...I just didn't then. It never dawned on me to against someone because they did not believe, look or act like me.
I don't know...to make a long story short...I always seemed to migrate to those that were shunned...simply because they were different.
Today I look at the above little song...one that I sang as a child...and wonder...
A comment was made to me last night...why couldn't I just post what I was grateful for (or something such as that). Okay...here goes.
If there is a God...I am grateful that he gave me my son. I am grateful that he was born to a mother that won't turn her back on him...a mother that accepts him for who he is.
I consider my son a gift from God...one that I promised to love and take of...that promise was not based on whether he was gay or straight.
I've spent much of my academic life researching sexuality - the way Western cultures "do" sexuality is not replicated in other cultures and it's negative treatment of same sex sexual behavior is among the minority of cultures, actually. It's just that Western cultures have all the money, so they've spread their views around the world - that's a plus for women (now anyways, not 50 years ago), and a growing plus for minorities, but it has been hard on same sex sexuality - also, until recently, where it's more of a plus now.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#500998 Mar 9, 2013
The revelation of Jesus Christ which God gave him to show his servant what must soon take place.He made it known by sending angel to his servant John.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#501000 Mar 9, 2013

Location hidden

#501001 Mar 9, 2013
Who testify to everything he saw that is the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Location hidden

#501003 Mar 9, 2013
Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy and blessed are those who hear it and take heart what is written in because the time is near.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#501004 Mar 9, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know LeLe I fell to sleep last night or I should say this morning - thinking of what is coming especially for women here in America -- Sharia Law will be prevalent one day.
And also thoughts of my first teenage marriage where I was physically abused,I litterally have been beaten unrecognizable several times. Attempted to be sold to into forced prostitution - took out to an old deep well in the middle of nowhere and assured my body would never be found.
I still found the will to fight back and get away -- I've never stopped working my way up and out of any situation I've ever found myself in.
Women need to hold responsibility for their own lives as well as not using someone for a crutch for failing. Indeed I'm a strong woman of faith "self made if you will" but looking back I see Gods footprints every step of my way.
Thats a really nice thing for you to say is that I'm one of the reasons you come back to this thread -- I can't think of too many threads that one can find eternal friendships, but we have it here.
TLC - Judy
You are an amazing Lady ~ Sweet Cyber Sister Granny.... I am sure GOD and the Angels smile down on you on many more than one occasion :)

Long Beach, CA

#501005 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Wow a grammar correction. I take it all back. You guys run an ethical tight-ship of accountability. I bet you guys dont let punctuation slide either! The hate and bigotry you guys are cool with from others goes unchecked as you point your finger at how we operate but hey as long as you got spell-check I guess you guys are alright. Personally i dont care how you guys choose to come off as its a reflection on your group not ours. I am just pointing out the hypocrisy
You have to learn to read more carefully.

I happen to have an interest in proper grammar. HL is aware of this interest. HL became curious about the proper plural form of "scarf". So she inquired. I replied.

There was no "correction". In fact, if you read my post again, more carefully this time, you will see that "scarfs" and "scarves" are both acceptable as the plural form of "scarf".

Two other things, for YOUR benefit this time: First, the word "don't" requires an apostrophe. There is no alternative spelling. You misspelled the word in your post, and twice to boot. Try not to do it again, or you will be jeopardizing the likelihood of acceptance as a member of the Holy Church of Catcher.(You should also sprinkle a few commas into your sentences.)

As for the second thing, this time it's a question: Why should Jesus love me?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#501006 Mar 9, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Make no mistake. I have no friends here.(Well, except Tide. He's the only one that even has a clue about me).
I like you too Juicy but understand this. What I say is what I think at the time that I hit the Post Comment button or Enter key. It is what it is.
If you find it condescending, it's not my fault.
It is what it is.
I'm your friend. I consider you a friend, anyway.

Okay, I'm old enough to be your older...older..ol ..um brother um.....older um..ol..<coughs> Sure, yeah, I could be your dad.

I'm still your friend. I consider you a peer, also. I don't put too much value in age and such.

You're one of the few people here that has as warped a sense of humor and such as I do, and that's good. I just don't let the creature out too often. We've had some pretty good fun on a few occasions, one night in particular. Even FANGINA! tried to join, but you don't really play with FANGINA! so much as you can only encounter FANGINA!, and after it's over, check your parts and walk away... Maybe throw some floss down the hallway and distract it...watch that little scurrying sideways crab walk of the FANGINA!.

Usually when I do that I'm no good for any serious conversation for hours. Lot's of other things I like about you too. I just don't carry on about stuff like that too much. For myself when someone says "good post" or something, to say "thanks" feels arrogant or conceited. So, I'll go quiet for an hour, then try to drop "thanks" quick and low key. I dunno. Southern Appalachian is a curse and a good thing. Way more good than the curse but there are some odd interaction protocols here and ideally I'm supposed to look you in the face and say "aww, just ramblin" or something to that effect. Difficult to explain if you're not from here. We're raw and raucous as can be but a compliment is taken very personally, and we never set out to garner that. If I may presume to speak for people from here in that respect.

I'm not a guy that says he's a lesbian, as some do. I mean it wouldn't bother me if I was, but I'm pretty attached to whats I gots. I probably wouldn't mind being a lesbian for a day or two, maybe a week, might even go a month.

Anyway, I'd want to, you know, get back to just me.

Probably right before my period kicked in.

And that's something I'd only tell a friend.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#501007 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I didnt see the top portion. Of course there is a difference. I am surprised you dont see it when Hiding and Ians engage in it all the time. I seem to recall Ians asking if my mother is a prostitute. Sorry but you dont get to claim your group consists of better people because they save their bile for people outside of it and cover for each other because its self-serving.
.. don't try to put me in the middle of your ongoing battle with AIN. You both dish it out pretty good ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text> as for my replies i am doing my own experiment to help you be a more honest person.
.. do you realize you just called me dishonest ??..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text> you can either be more honest or not reply.
.. why should I reply when you've already labeled me dishonest ??..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>generally id prob respect the request (at least on posts not attacking Christians) but since ur friends are here with their bigotry and hate i see no reason why any of ur group should be off limits
.. how about the bigotry and hate of your friends ??..

.. in reading any of your posts, I must detach from the innuendos and name-calling. You do it without realizing what you're doing ..

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#501008 Mar 9, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Oops, I will have you sighing again, I fear :(
Today is Sunday, my chosen day of Sabbath, and my daughter and best friend are coming for lunch. Not sure I should head off to the pool, there is this thump still happening, but will probably drive out and pick up my car, which is still at work having been left behind when I decided to hitch a ride or two by ambulance :)
We have some things still to sort out with my Mum's belongings, and I have been ignoring the whole 'estate' thing due to family issues (I think you may know something of them) but ending up in that room where Mum died, got me to thinking I want some of her things, and don't really give a hoot about the money, and my children feel the same.
Rachel dreamed of Mum the same night I was in hospital, and she didn't know I was in hospital until the next day. So, we are putting together letter on behalf of the 3 of us, all beneficiaries, requesting that what little is left of her belongings are shared amongst us, so we have something to treasure.
Ah, Epi, why is it that when some things are going perfectly, it is because other things are topsy turvy? One day, the topsy turvy bits will be gone, and just the perfect will be left :)
Dear Serah, may God bless you and keep you. Hang in, much love.
Adam

#501009 Mar 9, 2013
Itīs 1 Oīclock in the morning in germany. Nobody is having more fun. Letīs rock.

Location hidden

#501010 Mar 9, 2013
Grace and peace to you from him who is and who was and who is to come and from the seven spirits before his throne.And from Jesus Christ who is the faithful witness the first born from the dead and the ruler of the kings of the earth.
Adam

#501011 Mar 9, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Being an atheist is DUMB.
Hidingfromyou is gay.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#501013 Mar 9, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Skombolis,
I wondered where you were.
Exactly, I have no interest in trying to reason with IANS because I think it would be of no use. He is too hate filled and I don’t think he is really interested in explanations. I really think he just wants an excuse to further express his hatred.
Hey HFN. Good to see you.

Long Beach, CA

#501014 Mar 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you - wonderful words!
That song is awful to teach to children. So much of religion is child abuse.
I'm an atheist, so I feel that there's no need to second guess yourself with regards to your decision to leave Christianity. I see that as a positive. For me, it was a process of maturation, of outgrowing simple ways of thinking. For you, it seems more of becoming increasingly moral and thoughtful.
This reminds me of a Pat Condell quote:

Q: Why shouldn't I give my children a religious education?

A: For the same reason you shouldn't beat them with a twisted rope.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#501015 Mar 9, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
All we can do is keep striving to deepen our faith each day of our lives and hope that by living by our faith that we can inspire others by being true to our faith
True.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#501016 Mar 9, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
It's a shame that even unbelievers (such as yourself) are aware of such facts and not believers. What many don't understand, or purposely neglect, is the fact that it was during this period, too, that hell became a fiery place of torment and not just a common grave.
I went to private religious schools growing up, read the bible twice by High School, a daily class, homework etc. It wasn't a bad experience. A third time while in the Army, which, by ETS, I was agnostic, atheist soon after. Military libraries are well stocked. I researched religions, a lot. It's hard to blame people for not knowing 100%.

Acclaimed scholars can't give a concise representation without a denominational slant - of some type.

Anyway, back to the comment about "the flesh" and it giving me a chuckle.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
That's probably the "Beavis and Butthead" syndrome, mentioned by It aint necessarily a few days ago.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. My comment was directed at the complete acceptance of that outside influence - the pagan aspect - not Judaic in origin, nor 100% Christian, either. Couple that with the atheist reputation as being absolute dregs, and you can see why I might be a bit amused.

To be more direct and honest though? I also feel a sadness concerning that. I'm an atheist, for none of the reasons we'll touch here, but, it's not hugely enjoyable to see such disparate beliefs and everyone thinks they have the correct one and at this point, I don't think >anyone< knows for sure, except for some core concepts. Even then it's a little shaky. It's no wonder there are so many denominations.

I also think you all believe. No slight.

Okay, maybe some less than others.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#501017 Mar 9, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Tri :-) shh! We're supposed to be illiterate eejits... Remember?
Lol... Great writing Tri, good to see you :-)
:) good to see you too.
These freethinkers and Unbelievers are like draw string puppets. I know how they going to attack Christianity, Christians and Jesus Christ and try and defend they philosophy before they even write it. They easy to set up, I almost feel sorry for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 min onemale 265,585
cleaning black dollar \ cleaning black currency... (Sep '12) 25 min Dr Abdullah Saleh 43
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 48 min yon 4,940
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 49 min Osmius 779,239
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 58 min yon 39,395
Gay snapchat names 1 hr PolyBisexual 187
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 2 hr MUQ2 37,847
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 560,745
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 12 hr daveo69 72
More from around the web