Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

All we can do is keep striving to deepen our faith each day of our lives and hope that by living by our faith that we can inspire others by being true to our faith

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray to God you don't do criminal law if you think that! Saying ass on Topix isn't illegal Catcher. LOL
<quoted text>
No thanks!
<quoted text>
You need a life dude. Obviously your work as a lawyer doesn't keep you very busy. I would suggest you try something else! See if IANS will pay you to still call him "doctor"
LOL
Of course saying ass isn't illegal. My point is that you exhibit a lack of self-control, and that gets folks into trouble with the law.(I do practice criminal law by the way, with considerable success.)

As for a life, I'm doing fine (credit: Eagles):

I have a mansion
Forget the price
Ain't never been there
They tell me it's nice

I live in hotels
Tear out the walls
I have accountants
Pay for it all

They say I'm crazy but I have a good time
I'm just looking for clues at the scene of the crime
Life's been good to me so far

My Maserati
Does one eighty-five
I lost my license
Now I don't drive

I have a limo
Ride in the back
I lock the doors
In case I'm attacked

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you guys ??..
.. did you happen to read my post to HFY where I disagree with her regarding an emergent conscious ??..
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
.. have you ever read my simple, "Was that really necessary?" to obscene Christian haters ??..
.. I've pretty much given up on communicating with you. No matter what I write or try to convey, you seem to find fault with it. It's probably best if we do not have further interactions ..
Me, me, me!!

Communicate with me instead.

I promise to disagree with you once in a while.

And I have two-foot-long silk scarves, too.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't tell how much is your ego and how much is your dishonesty. It seems like a fair mix of both
She said she has no interest in trying to reason with you. Not in general. Obviously on you she feels it is a waste of time
Just like Trifecta saying he is not interested in anything you have to say doesn't mean he is closed-minded in general
You realize right that you are not representative of the rest of the world? You can refer to yourself as "we" till the cows come home but you will still just be you. And when someone says they have no interest in what YOU have to say or trying to reason with YOU it is specifically directed to you and you only
I know your ego and dishonesty is not something new and I probably could have let this slide but two posts in a row with the same dishonest, ego-driven response is just one more example why you don't bring any better ethics to the table.
Hey Skombolis,
I wondered where you were.

Exactly, I have no interest in trying to reason with IANS because I think it would be of no use. He is too hate filled and I donít think he is really interested in explanations. I really think he just wants an excuse to further express his hatred.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course saying ass isn't illegal. My point is that you exhibit a lack of self-control, and that gets folks into trouble with the law.
How was it a lack of self-control? My post would have been written the same no matter what self-control was exerted. I find you to be an ass-kisser. I don't need to find a way to sugar-coat that and therefore didn't look for one.
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
(I do practice criminal law by the way, with considerable success.)
Most successful lawyers aren't on Topix all day and night or don't spent time reporting other people's whereabouts on Topix.

But yey if you believe that then that is all that matters:)
"Success" can be subjective!
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As for a life, I'm doing fine (credit: Eagles):
I have a mansion
Forget the price
Ain't never been there
They tell me it's nice
I live in hotels
Tear out the walls
I have accountants
Pay for it all
They say I'm crazy but I have a good time
I'm just looking for clues at the scene of the crime
Life's been good to me so far
My Maserati
Does one eighty-five
I lost my license
Now I don't drive
I have a limo
Ride in the back
I lock the doors
In case I'm attacked
Good song

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Skombolis,
Exactly, I have no interest in trying to reason with IANS because I think it would be of no use. He is too hate filled and I donít think he is really interested in explanations. I really think he just wants an excuse to further express his hatred.
It was obvious what you were saying to honest people my friend

Well walking out the door, hope to see ya soon:)
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would anyone feel the need to explain themselves to you?
You Got it right, you and Skombolid both. But he wonít get it, he is too self absorbed.

You Got it right, you and Skombolid both. But he wonít get it, he is too self absorbed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Me, me, me!!
Communicate with me instead.
Did you say "me" 3 times it was it just the echo from having your head up someone's ass?

~snicker

Although so like your personality to me like "me, me, me"

So desperate for the attention and approval of your buddies

You are an interesting "man" Catcher

But hey, whatever works for you:)
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, baby, I don't attack anyone who doesn't attack first. You're being overly sensitive.
And yes, in the presence of abject ignorance, I will correct it. When it's flaunted as if it's some kind of badge, I'll make fun of it. There's no other recourse with willful ignorance.
Suuuure you donít.(Sarcasm)

And I will continue to not like people bulling other people.

And life goes on.

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you say "me" 3 times it was it just the echo from having your head up someone's ass?
~snicker
Although so like your personality to me like "me, me, me"
So desperate for the attention and approval of your buddies
You are an interesting "man" Catcher
But hey, whatever works for you:)
That post wasn't directed to you.

Stop stalking me.

You follow me around like a hungry puppy.

Stop it.

Unless of course you wish to become a member of the Holy Church of Catcher.

We have more than our happy hours, which are of brobdingnagian dimension.

Absolution is also available. But you must repent first.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Chaumette wrote:
All we can do is keep striving to deepen our faith each day of our lives and hope that by living by our faith that we can inspire others by being true to our faith
Did you know that yer horse is on fire?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
Hey Skombolis,
I've found that discussing matters of religion and faith with the atheists of Topix is futile. The reason I say this is simple.

It seems to me that atheists don't care to discuss any topic involving matters outside the realm of atheism in order to change views. They ask questions, but not because they want to learn the truth of the matter. They ask questions so that they can reject the answer, regardless of how much sense it might make, and ask more questions. Case in point...

Just recently, I was sent a quote that stated, in a nutshell, that biblical doctrine allows no room for accidents. Everything that occurs in life must have a reason. And every reason is either, "God," or Satan. Well, I showed verses that prove otherwise. Now, instead of accepting these verses and admitting that the person initially quoted was actually mistaken, they requested that I include the name of the authors, too, as if such an inclusion will prove or disprove what I quoted. I mean, either way, the quotes exist. So, with or without the inclusion of the authors' names, the fact remains-- the bible proves otherwise.

You see what I mean, though?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

arctlc wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus loves me best because I sacrifice lambs.
Bull!

LOL
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys enable one another, lie for one another, turn a blind-eye to each other's bad behavior, and lower the bar for one another and you think that is a good thing?
Yes some of us argue over doctrine. Some of us care enough about principle and belief that they will stand on that over Topix friends. That doesn't mean they can't reconcile with those same people but kissing somebody's ass isn't as important as standing up for what is right or what we believe
The lies and excuses you guys make for one another is shameful. And you want to hold your group up as an example of something better? Please.
You guys have some of the worst ethics i have ever seen
That you circle the wagons for each other doesn't make you better people
Aint it the truth.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

I've found that discussing matters of religion and faith with the Christians of Topix is futile. The reason I say this is simple.

It seems to me that Christians don't care to discuss any topic involving matters outside the realm of their particular doctrine in order to change views. They ask questions, but not because they want to learn the truth of the matter. They ask questions so that they can reject the answer, regardless of how much sense it might make, and ask more questions.

Damn that double edged sword. <smile>
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
It was obvious what you were saying to honest people my friend
Well walking out the door, hope to see ya soon:)
:)

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

I've found that discussing matters of religion and faith with G_O_D is futile. The reason I say this is simple.

It seems to me that G_O_D doesn't care to discuss any topic involving matters outside the realm of his own particular doctrine in order to change views. He asks questions, but not because he wants to learn the truth of the matter. He asks questions so that he can reject the answer regardless of how much sense it might make, and asks more questions. Then, on top of that, G_O_D has absolutely no foundation, whatsoever. To appease his own fears and gather acceptance from all peoples, he believes in no specific god that's offered us from the myriad upon myriad of gods that's been worshiped throughout history. Rather, he invented his own god that neither him, nor anyone else, can describe and explain.

Double-edged swords also have a hard, blunt handle to butt with.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I have liked all of his shows. I personally relate more to libertarianism than I do with either major party and he is a big reason for that. I wish we would scrap the two-party system all together anyway and just go by the best candidate. But yeah, I don't impress easily and I find him to be very insightful when it comes to politics and he does it in a funny way as well
(T) Peace
Speaking of scraping the two party political system, some frustrated conservatives that we know half seriously half sarcastically called for the dismantling of the republican party since they were so incapable of defeating a incumbent with "such a dismal record" as they say, lol.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That post wasn't directed to you.
Stop stalking me.
You follow me around like a hungry puppy.
Stop it.
Unless of course you wish to become a member of the Holy Church of Catcher.
We have more than our happy hours, which are of brobdingnagian dimension.
Absolution is also available. But you must repent first.
You even copy me! You need your own material! I cant stalk you when i was here first. you followed me here and even reported my whereabouts to others. i cant believe you argue criminal law! you probably copy what the prosecutor says too. having a 100% conviction rate isnt good when you are a defense attorney!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Aint it the truth.
Yep yep:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 4 min Naveen kumar 982
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Aura Mytha 730,243
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min UidiotRaceMAkeWor... 172,951
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Oxbow 537,111
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min JudgeNJury 259,309
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 38 min Dubai Massage 055... 92
Female Doctor + Male Patient = Erection (Apr '12) 40 min mahipal 95
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr Tim Osman 117,803

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••