Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#501010 Mar 9, 2013
Grace and peace to you from him who is and who was and who is to come and from the seven spirits before his throne.And from Jesus Christ who is the faithful witness the first born from the dead and the ruler of the kings of the earth.
Adam

Germany

#501011 Mar 9, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Being an atheist is DUMB.
Hidingfromyou is gay.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#501013 Mar 9, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Skombolis,
I wondered where you were.
Exactly, I have no interest in trying to reason with IANS because I think it would be of no use. He is too hate filled and I don’t think he is really interested in explanations. I really think he just wants an excuse to further express his hatred.
Hey HFN. Good to see you.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#501014 Mar 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you - wonderful words!
That song is awful to teach to children. So much of religion is child abuse.
I'm an atheist, so I feel that there's no need to second guess yourself with regards to your decision to leave Christianity. I see that as a positive. For me, it was a process of maturation, of outgrowing simple ways of thinking. For you, it seems more of becoming increasingly moral and thoughtful.
This reminds me of a Pat Condell quote:

Q: Why shouldn't I give my children a religious education?

A: For the same reason you shouldn't beat them with a twisted rope.

Clearwater, FL

#501015 Mar 9, 2013
Chaumette wrote:
All we can do is keep striving to deepen our faith each day of our lives and hope that by living by our faith that we can inspire others by being true to our faith
True.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#501016 Mar 9, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
It's a shame that even unbelievers (such as yourself) are aware of such facts and not believers. What many don't understand, or purposely neglect, is the fact that it was during this period, too, that hell became a fiery place of torment and not just a common grave.
I went to private religious schools growing up, read the bible twice by High School, a daily class, homework etc. It wasn't a bad experience. A third time while in the Army, which, by ETS, I was agnostic, atheist soon after. Military libraries are well stocked. I researched religions, a lot. It's hard to blame people for not knowing 100%.

Acclaimed scholars can't give a concise representation without a denominational slant - of some type.

Anyway, back to the comment about "the flesh" and it giving me a chuckle.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
That's probably the "Beavis and Butthead" syndrome, mentioned by It aint necessarily a few days ago.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. My comment was directed at the complete acceptance of that outside influence - the pagan aspect - not Judaic in origin, nor 100% Christian, either. Couple that with the atheist reputation as being absolute dregs, and you can see why I might be a bit amused.

To be more direct and honest though? I also feel a sadness concerning that. I'm an atheist, for none of the reasons we'll touch here, but, it's not hugely enjoyable to see such disparate beliefs and everyone thinks they have the correct one and at this point, I don't think >anyone< knows for sure, except for some core concepts. Even then it's a little shaky. It's no wonder there are so many denominations.

I also think you all believe. No slight.

Okay, maybe some less than others.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#501017 Mar 9, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Tri :-) shh! We're supposed to be illiterate eejits... Remember?
Lol... Great writing Tri, good to see you :-)
:) good to see you too.
These freethinkers and Unbelievers are like draw string puppets. I know how they going to attack Christianity, Christians and Jesus Christ and try and defend they philosophy before they even write it. They easy to set up, I almost feel sorry for them.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#501018 Mar 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes ~ like the Whales we are Spiritually linked, and while some are hurting, we are all hurting, it is just that not all are aware of it :)
<quoted text>
.. how about the hypothesis of a collective consciousness ??..
*** http://www.nvisible.com/ is a link to Solara -****

Location hidden

#501019 Mar 9, 2013
To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father to him be glory and power for ever and ever.

Clearwater, FL

#501020 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>LOL...i know you desperately want to believe that as your ego is so fragile but I have never said im a victim. Of what? of you? poor catcher, whatever helps you sleep at night buddy. will this help? "please leave me alone Catcher, you are so smart and make such articulate arguments that I feel overwhelmed" LOL...consider that your birthday AND Christmas gift!
Hey bro. Same ol here. As you can see the "compassion" is on full display here. What a joke.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#501021 Mar 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. thanks. That clarifies it. HL prefers scarfs, lotsa scarfs ..
.. an strictly emergent conscious will never be scientifically proven ..
.. this is your opportunity to disagree with me ..
Oops..that last post to Catcher was meant for you. I guess this post works just as well since you are talking about him disagreeing with you over the grammar of scarves. are those the kinds of ETHICAL corrections you honestly felt you were being asked about? I keep bringing up honesty because i keep seeing a lack of it. seems ironic given the ethical boasting

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#501022 Mar 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You are excused from commenting. I hope you won't mind if I continue to comment on your posts.
You can keep commenting all you like on people swatting you like a fly now. You so irrelevant, insignificant and exposed as a hateful phony and fraud you mostly getting looked at and ignored with a Yawn.

Thanks for participating.

:)
lol.

Location hidden

#501023 Mar 9, 2013
Look he is coming with the clouds and every eye will see him even those who pierced him and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him so shall it be.

Location hidden

#501024 Mar 9, 2013
I am the Alpha and the Omega says the Lord God who is and who was and who is to come the Almighty.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#501025 Mar 9, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't take it as being rude nor do I mind answering your question.
First I must correct you on something...I no longer am a part of the Christian faith.
Despite what some might think my stance on equality did not stem from my son being gay. That belief was a part of me long before he came in to my life. I also walked away from that faith long before I knew that he was gay. There is no correlation between the two.
I grew up seeing both sides of Christianity...the good...and the bad. It was always a constant conflict with me I think...the two sides just did not mesh. How could the God that I believed in...burn someone because they were different.
There is this childhood song that I learned...
If you don't go to Sunday School,you'll grow up to be bad
If you don't go to Sunday School you'll surely wish you had
If you hope some day to see the Lord,then you better start today
For those who miss the Sunday School,are on the downward way
Yet I knew so many good people that never went to Sunday school.
I lived in an area that when I look back...was racist and bigoted. It still is...I see it now...I just didn't then. It never dawned on me to against someone because they did not believe, look or act like me.
I don't know...to make a long story short...I always seemed to migrate to those that were shunned...simply because they were different.
Today I look at the above little song...one that I sang as a child...and wonder...
A comment was made to me last night...why couldn't I just post what I was grateful for (or something such as that). Okay...here goes.
If there is a God...I am grateful that he gave me my son. I am grateful that he was born to a mother that won't turn her back on him...a mother that accepts him for who he is.
I consider my son a gift from God...one that I promised to love and take of...that promise was not based on whether he was gay or straight.
What a horrible song. Can't say I disagree with your decision Annie. They teach that stuff to kids there?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#501026 Mar 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, baby, you don't get to tell me what my friend was like or what he believed.
There's lots of Islamic growth in China. Read more about China. You don't know what your'e talking about. Much of its northern provinces are Islamic.
Hinduism, I'm not sure. No idea.
You friend gave up on Christianity, that all the evidence I need to know he was not a Jesus Follower, he was just a Jesus fan :) When Jesus not cool no more, he moved on.

I do know a lot about China. and I know Christianity outnumber Muslims like 10 to 1 there.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#501027 Mar 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
<< dressed in a peek-a-boo negligee, HL gallops towards HFY on a white steed with flowing black mane and a tri-colored tail >>
.. don't think Trifecta1 can tackle the scientific evidence of a strictly emergent consciousness ..
<< dismounting white horse, hugging HFY, soft smooch on forehead >>
.. a gaggle of neurons do not explain individual subjective experience. Neuroscience can explain what happens in the brain during a spiritual experience but it cannot explain the individual perception ..
<< penetrating, smoldering look into HFY's eyes >>
.. you cannot say a spiritual experience, or, believing in Jesus isn't the real deal, that it's all in the brain, because each persons subjective reality differs ..
.. biologist Rupert Sheldrake has proven telepathy is quite real, near-death-experiences support his research. Many scientists are currently studying the hypothesis of a collective consciousness ..
http://spiritualnotreligious.blogspot.com/201...
http://www.sheldrake.org/Articles&Papers/...
http://www.sheldrake.org/Articles&Papers/...
.. as an anthropologist, you must consider emergent properties that cannot be reduced to a molecular level ..
<< riding off into the sunset, HFY clinging to HL's waist eagerly anticipating a showdown at the altar of the Holy Church of Catcher >>
No, Tri isn't capable :)

Let's ignore that none of those papers present actual research, but are opinions, and that the middle one gets some of the history of science wrong, and pretend that "morphic fields" exist.

How would that mean that we have a "soul" that is separable from our bodies? All it would mean is that we discovered something we didn't previously understand about how the body produces consciousness. Unless you're going to speculate some kind of undetectable, nonmaterial "nodes" or "receivers" or something that houses the soul we're still stuck in the material, tied to the body.

I had a prof once who reduced telepathy to physics. He used the remote viewing examples, quantified their information transfer as bits, and compared it to brain waves - they match at the ELF waves of the brain. Let's assume he's correct, assume that telepathy is real. What he then demonstrated was that the neurons we all have are capable of learning to communicate via sensing very small changes in the ELF waves that hit them. So they wouldn't be just produces of ELF waves, but receivers.

That doesn't actually change their underlying material nature, just that we now know something different about them.

Researchers were able to get a microchip to communicate via EM waves in a similar manner. Normally, electricity runs through pathways on chips, producing waves that extend away from the chip. In sensitive electronics, it's the white noise that messes up the system a bit. If you're under 15 you can hear the whine of the TV for example (it's like that).

Well, they wrote an evolutionary communication program - one that tried all kinds of scenarios, selected which worked best, and continually refined those. Then they broke the chip. It learned how to be sensitive to that noise - since the noise affects the delicate wiring (by moving electrons back and forth on it)- and so it learned to communicate across the gap. It's a similar example to what my prof was suggesting - that ELF waves travel across the distances between brains, the electrons on neurons are moved by them, the neurons pick up on that motion and translate it into information.

The thing is, if he's correct, we're still talking about neurons. Not magical neurons with souls, but neurons with electrons that move. That's an entirely materialist explanation for the above.

Now, to the sex and rum and horsey-riding :)

Yaaaaaaaaay for horses!

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#501028 Mar 9, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> I went to private religious schools growing up, read the bible twice by High School, a daily class, homework etc. It wasn't a bad experience. A third time while in the Army, which, by ETS, I was agnostic, atheist soon after. Military libraries are well stocked. I researched religions, a lot. It's hard to blame people for not knowing 100%.
Acclaimed scholars can't give a concise representation without a denominational slant - of some type.
Anyway, back to the comment about "the flesh" and it giving me a chuckle.
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what you're talking about. My comment was directed at the complete acceptance of that outside influence - the pagan aspect - not Judaic in origin, nor 100% Christian, either. Couple that with the atheist reputation as being absolute dregs, and you can see why I might be a bit amused.
To be more direct and honest though? I also feel a sadness concerning that. I'm an atheist, for none of the reasons we'll touch here, but, it's not hugely enjoyable to see such disparate beliefs and everyone thinks they have the correct one and at this point, I don't think >anyone< knows for sure, except for some core concepts. Even then it's a little shaky. It's no wonder there are so many denominations.
I also think you all believe. No slight.
Okay, maybe some less than others.
Ohh... where's the dancing eye ball? It's hard to believe much of anything when reading all this, I must admit. People have been so hurt :(

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#501029 Mar 9, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
They have no regard for their fellow man. They think they
are chosen by God himself- yet, those that do not think as they do, aren't chosen and are products of satan.
They honestly believe they are building rewards for themselves in the after life.
It's a very selfish concept, in my opinion.
They believe they are doing something good for Jesus, that in
the end will get them a ride to Heaven on a cloud made just for them.
The only reason I call out their bad behavior- is because their behavior
is quite damaging to those who aren't able to fend for themselves -
here in our world.
Bonjour Le_Le we just got back from Bolivia not too long ago, how have you been?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#501030 Mar 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes ~ like the Whales we are Spiritually linked, and while some are hurting, we are all hurting, it is just that not all are aware of it :)
<quoted text>
.. how about the hypothesis of a collective consciousness ??..
Whales communicate via whalesong.

:p

Oh, that's true, all those psychics going crazy because whales are demanding that we stop overfishing and using noise-producing engines in the water. Bad humans, bad!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 183,730
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 15 min UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 93,160
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 24 min wade2 979,591
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 26 min AussieBobby 286,135
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 53 min kent 668,185
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr AussieBobby 46,052
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 3 hr MUQ2 1,109
More from around the web