Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#500924 Mar 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have any followers.
Then why do they do nothing but defend you and you refer to yourself as "we"? I know you don't want to embarrass them but too late for that!
That's where ideas live, Dim, and nowhere else. That's where your god lives, too.
Its not in my head that you must spend hours writing about this. You have admitted to files and private websites and made a 21 list point of your immaginary groups principles. No point in lying about it now Dr Doolittle. If only you spent that much time on your patients
Some of you people are caricature of your own selves. Dude. Secular humanists wrote the US Constitution. Read the preamble. It resembles the Affirmations of Humanism, not your Commandments.
<quoted text>
caricatures of your own selfs! LOL, you are trying too hard to be clever doc. And what's this have to do with your make-believe group? I didn't bring up the Constitution, I only laughed at you making a 21-point list for you and the 2 people in your group which then you don't follow anyway.
What? Are you referring to the specialization of the hospice team? It didn't take you long, did it, Dim?
For the ten thousandth time, find the words or STFU. I'm pretty sure that you're confabulating again.
Are you so senile that you don't remember? LOL
As usual, you provide nothing better than your useless recollection of your less than useless comprehension of my words to impugn my character. You are completely without honor.
And of course that is why in most states, you are not allowed to vote, own weapons, or serve on juries:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_of_rights_d...
By contrast, I am, and am also entrusted with peoples lives.
How dare you, you insolent snip.
Insolent snip? LOL

And you are retired Dr Doolittle, you aren't entrusted with anybody's life. And my record has been expunged. So while you are a senile old man delusional man with an ego desperately wanting to still be someone, I am a contributing member of society. Go feed some pigeons! LOL

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#500925 Mar 9, 2013

Location hidden

#500926 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah. Rational skepticism and secular humanism have given us science and political freedom for the individual. What has your "movement" - the Christian church - given us besides the Crusades, the Inquisitions, the Salem witch hunts, and more terror, shame, guilt and blame than humanity should have experienced?
<quoted text>
So in your head when you say "we" you are including anybody you choose from history that isn't a Christian?

LOL, wow

I meant your little group "doctor" with its own made-up constitution of whatever you want to call it.

What has YOUR group done? Quit taking credit for other people's work. You have been on Topix for years now. You have spent hours putting together lists and make-believe constitutions and refering to yourself as secular humanists and talking about the effect even your posts have on real life.

So tell me something YOU or someone who follows you and calls themself a secular humanist on Topix has done in real life to accomplish anything? Or have you just wasted hour after hour, day after day, week after week month after month and year after year pretending in your head that you have started some movement that doesn't exist?

What are YOUR accomplishes doctor as far as this movement against Christianity and towards "secular humanism"?

Like I said, go feed some pigeons old man, you are delusional!

Location hidden

#500927 Mar 9, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
I eagerly disagree with the supposed "Many" witnesses, you have one storytellers claim.
I agree that according to the authors of the bible many have witnessed miracles. I am not sure your point as i thought we were specifically talking about what it says in the bible. I am sure in real life many people feel they have witnessed miracles as well although what defines miracle is somewhat subjecttive
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
People need people more than they need a GOD and that is "fact".
I disagree

Although I guess some of it might depend on what situation you are referring to. I mean if someone needs a ride to work because their car broke down then yeah God isn't showing up in a taxi. But if someone wants fulfillment and peace of mind and direction and they follow the teachings of Christ then God will provide a better way than man every day of the week
mike wrote:
A GOD doesn't comfort anyone, people do in many ways. The world is full of half-hearted wanna-be christians.
How can you speak for other people on where they have found comfort?
mike wrote:
I too enjoy talking about the GOD concept, what needs to be understood is, people make or break the GOD concept, what you say has little effect in the looong run, what you do in regards to hands-on has a greater effect...Why do people talk about having faith, what is the underline reason other than to pamper self?
Of course what is said on Topix is not going to have some long-term effect in most situations. Anybody who thinks otherwise is delusional. Sure something someone says may stick with you but yeah we are not changing the world here, just believers who enjoy each other's company and discussing their faith and debating it at times. That should be easy enough to understand. I don't think anybody is claiming more than that

(T) Peace

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#500928 Mar 9, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't take it as being rude nor do I mind answering your question.
First I must correct you on something...I no longer am a part of the Christian faith.
Despite what some might think my stance on equality did not stem from my son being gay. That belief was a part of me long before he came in to my life. I also walked away from that faith long before I knew that he was gay. There is no correlation between the two.
I grew up seeing both sides of Christianity...the good...and the bad. It was always a constant conflict with me I think...the two sides just did not mesh. How could the God that I believed in...burn someone because they were different.
There is this childhood song that I learned...
If you don't go to Sunday School,you'll grow up to be bad
If you don't go to Sunday School you'll surely wish you had
If you hope some day to see the Lord,then you better start today
For those who miss the Sunday School,are on the downward way
Yet I knew so many good people that never went to Sunday school.
I lived in an area that when I look back...was racist and bigoted. It still is...I see it now...I just didn't then. It never dawned on me to against someone because they did not believe, look or act like me.
I don't know...to make a long story short...I always seemed to migrate to those that were shunned...simply because they were different.
Today I look at the above little song...one that I sang as a child...and wonder...
A comment was made to me last night...why couldn't I just post what I was grateful for (or something such as that). Okay...here goes.
If there is a God...I am grateful that he gave me my son. I am grateful that he was born to a mother that won't turn her back on him...a mother that accepts him for who he is.
I consider my son a gift from God...one that I promised to love and take of...that promise was not based on whether he was gay or straight.
Hi Anne;

I not come in on this post to judge or comdemn.I come only to share this with you and that is all.

Where do man's and God's judging differ

In the Bible is a verse that reads like this;For the Lord seeth not as man seeth;for man looketh on the outward appearance but the Lord looketh on the heart.1 Sammuel 16:7

Also in the Bible is another verse that reads like this;Ye are they which justify yourselves before men;but God knoweth your heart;for that which is highly esteemed among men is abominatioon in the sight of God. Luke 16:15

For you see we are all children of God bought at a very high price.
No matter our walk of life here on earth.Please keep in mind I only sharing is all with you much like you share the tear in the bottle with me.God bless no matter what your beliefs are.

Location hidden

#500929 Mar 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. it's about what we fight for, not what we oppose ..
.. religious beliefs can butcher admirable moral principles. On this very thread, many good Christian posters betray their own ethical system by mounting personal vendettas against each other that destroy all hope for understanding. Over what? Some insignificant dogma that they believe is the only truth ??..
.. the message of our little band of merry men and women has always been simple: understanding, acceptance, compassion and courage can create a better world. That's what we fight for ..
You guys enable one another, lie for one another, turn a blind-eye to each other's bad behavior, and lower the bar for one another and you think that is a good thing?

Yes some of us argue over doctrine. Some of us care enough about principle and belief that they will stand on that over Topix friends. That doesn't mean they can't reconcile with those same people but kissing somebody's ass isn't as important as standing up for what is right or what we believe

The lies and excuses you guys make for one another is shameful. And you want to hold your group up as an example of something better? Please.

You guys have some of the worst ethics i have ever seen

That you circle the wagons for each other doesn't make you better people

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#500930 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Catcher...the human lapdog to the rescue! LOL
Good grief have some self-respect man
You were gone so long, dude!!

Did you violate your probation?

Fall off the wagon?

You probably haven't heard about the church I founded. If they let you stick around, you'll find out all about it.

Location hidden

#500931 Mar 9, 2013
@ Dim - check it. This is how you do it, although with you, I also require a link to make sure you moved the words without changing them. From http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... to Le_Le
<quoted text>
Le_Le is now in a position to explain what her words meant if she does not agree with Serah's read on them.
By contrast, what we get with you is like what I just got, "How does a doctor who claims if his patients want people that care about their overall well-being they should get a social worker get it into his head that he has the slightest idea about humanism?"
Persisting with such tactics even after having had the problem with them explained to you repeatedly is what makes what you do dishonorable.
Im not looking up every back post because you are senile and a liar doctor Doolittle

I think everyone can see with the Juicy/Brother Lee example the technicalities you will try to use to lie even once proof is presented to you

From here on out i will be going from memory and letting others do the same

I guarantee people remember you saying it even if your own failing mind does not

You just wrote in present tense you are entrusted with people's lives. Either you still think you are practicing medicine or that is the saddest thing I have heard in a long time

Whatever you though you were when you were a doctor that didn't care about his patients, you are nothing now but a delusional old man who thinks he has started a made-up movement in his head. The irony is doing nothing for society is actually better than what you were doing before as you were simply taking money from people who thought you would care about them. You were a leech on society before, engaging in basically a legal con. The world got a little better when you stopped practicing medicine.

Location hidden

#500932 Mar 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You were gone so long, dude!!
I know that must have been very hard on you since you live vicariously through others and watch them online and report their whereabouts to other people! LOL
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you violate your probation?
Fall off the wagon?
And....this is the perfect example of someone who has no life outside of Topix

No dude, I simply took a break from posting as I had a lot going on in real life. You should try it sometime!

Only someone like Catcher would think a disaster must have happened for someone to stop posting for a week!

~snicker
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably haven't heard about the church I founded. If they let you stick around, you'll find out all about it.
The Assembly of Ass-Kissers? Or did you start a new one?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#500933 Mar 9, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure if you got a drink handy but I got a can of coke here -- clink to whatever you might have --
Thank You Lord for your blessings on us -- TLC Judy
Amen, Good A Judy, at the time that you posted this last night I didn't have a can of Coke in my hand but I did have a can of it's old rival Pepsi, and so.........CLANGGGGGG.

“Saved. ”

#500934 Mar 9, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. we [The Holy Church of Catcher] accept all applicants regardless of race, religion or SEXUAL ORIENTATION. Equality is important ..
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
1. << DRESSED IN A peek-a-boo negligee, HL gallops towards HFY on a white steed with flowing black mane and a tri-colored tail >>
2. << penetrating, smoldering look into HFY's eyes >>
3. << riding off into the sunset, HFY clinging to HL's waist eagerly anticipating a showdown at the altar of the Holy Church of Catcher >>
==========

Mobil7 sock to Q:
mobile7 wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure like to play God
You can't choose who is a Christian. You really should do something about Your own hate. It shows who you really are also. You are a hypocrite.
==========

Mobile7 sock to Happy LesboL:
mobile7 on wrote:
<quoted text>
...you are very smart.
==========

Hmmmm... I wonder which dirty sock Mobile7 is. Possibly from somewhere up in the mountains of North Carolina according to the ISP. Anyways, The Church of the Holy Catheter is a wonderful opportunity for many of the false brethren.

Apostle Paul: "I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my own countrymen, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and IN DANGER FROM FALSE BROTHERS." II Corintians 11:26

Well... I'm not in any danger like Paul was... but not everyone who say they are a Saved, aren't.

Location hidden

#500935 Mar 9, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
~snicker~ deepening your ass crack on your couch
I have watched all the Breaking bad's on Netflix....and others....What bothers me is you get to the end and look forward to see how things end up and you have to wait 9 months to get the new season....But love it with no commercials....
Hey that groove took years to make! I got it just right now! LOL

Yeah that is the one cool thing about starting so many season in. Cause I am the same way and hate waiting for the next season. This way I can jump right to the next season, no commercials, no wait

Good to see ya:)

(T) Peace

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#500936 Mar 9, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
wow, I can not believe my eyes in reading this post. You are actually trying to make this little lady Granny, feel bad about FORGIVING ,'Lawlest on something that happened a while back??
You are more 'heartless, than what I thought.
It appears that Lawlest and OSG are very good friends and they are both in to letting 'by gones, be by-gones! and FORGIVNG each other.
Then you cut OSG down by saying 'Is this the kind of friendships you want and is this the kind of humanity to acceptable to you.
You sound very much like the ole ' serpent , when he beguiled Eve.
Very well put SP, oh, btw..........that's LAWEST. lol.

“Saved. ”

#500937 Mar 9, 2013
Welp, I have a lot to catch up on... I have a date with my beautiful wife. Take care everyone and a Good rest of the Afternoon...

:)

Long Beach, CA

#500938 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that must have been very hard on you since you live vicariously through others and watch them online and report their whereabouts to other people! LOL
<quoted text>
And....this is the perfect example of someone who has no life outside of Topix
No dude, I simply took a break from posting as I had a lot going on in real life. You should try it sometime!
Only someone like Catcher would think a disaster must have happened for someone to stop posting for a week!
~snicker
<quoted text>
The Assembly of Ass-Kissers? Or did you start a new one?
No, not that church, you foul-mouthed rascal you (I can see why you got in trouble with the law).

The church I founded, and which you are welcome to join, is called The Church of the Holy Catcher.

But I am now announcing a name change: The Holy Church of Catcher (those of you who received
t-shirts or other articles with the original name may exchange them at no additional cost).

I know you don't want to search for old posts, so later I'll let you know some of the benefits of becoming a congregant (is that the proper term for a regular church attendee? I'm new to this).

Location hidden

#500939 Mar 9, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not that church, you foul-mouthed rascal you (I can see why you got in trouble with the law).
I pray to God you don't do criminal law if you think that! Saying ass on Topix isn't illegal Catcher. LOL
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The church I founded, and which you are welcome to join, is called The Church of the Holy Catcher.
No thanks!
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
But I am now announcing a name change: The Holy Church of Catcher (those of you who received
t-shirts or other articles with the original name may exchange them at no additional cost).
I know you don't want to search for old posts, so later I'll let you know some of the benefits of becoming a congregant (is that the proper term for a regular church attendee? I'm new to this).
You need a life dude. Obviously your work as a lawyer doesn't keep you very busy. I would suggest you try something else! See if IANS will pay you to still call him "doctor"

LOL

Long Beach, CA

#500940 Mar 9, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
==========
Mobil7 sock to Q:
<quoted text>
==========
<quoted text>
==========
Hmmmm... I wonder which dirty sock Mobile7 is. Possibly from somewhere up in the mountains of North Carolina according to the ISP. Anyways, The Church of the Holy Catheter is a wonderful opportunity for many of the false brethren.
Apostle Paul: "I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my own countrymen, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and IN DANGER FROM FALSE BROTHERS." II Corintians 11:26
Well... I'm not in any danger like Paul was... but not everyone who say they are a Saved, aren't.
Meh, sour grapes, dude.

By the way, what ever happened you your request for "the list"? You know, the hierarchical document, with you as the head Pope or whatever you called yourself?

I end my post with an announcement that will cause you not a little pain: I know this may sound unfair to you, but based on your recent conduct, you (and your bud Counter_Strike) must do penance before being granted admission as a member of the Holy Church of Catcher.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#500941 Mar 9, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
==========
Mobil7 sock to Q:
<quoted text>
==========
<quoted text>
==========
Mobile7 is NOT a dirty sock..Its Grace Walker on her mobile phone. Thats the name my mobile phone gave me and the one I will keep. HL already knows that Quin so I am sorry to spoil your childish attempt of detective work. Its NOT a secret Quin. If you were as smart as you seem to think that you are, You would know that the Apostle Paul preached nothing but GRACE and the false brothers he is refering to to is the Legalistic preachers such as yourself. Law and Grace is contrary to one another as water and oil is. Maybe that should be something that we study together. I am not your enemy Quin. If a person has accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour, They ARE saved regardless of what YOUR religion tells YOU. YOU are not the one that I have to please and you are not the one who decides who is or is not a Christian. You have a rude awakening one day my friend.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#500942 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't caught his show in a while
My dad watches it and i see it on my torrent sites but already have like 60 hours of tv and movies on my computer that I haven't been able to get to. Going to be off for like 6 weeks in a few months. At least a quarter of that time I plan on deepening the ass-groove on my couch and catching up on tv! LOL
(T) Peace
He ( Maher ) has a unique way of putting the political issues in perspective as do many of the shows guesses, I find it an interesting mixture of News, Political and comical justs bagged together, it is entertaining.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#500943 Mar 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Of course it is.
<quoted text>
You're confusing a public message board with church.
<quoted text>
That's what makes you Christians so darned irresistible!
Nope, not a entertainment thread.

Not confusing anything at all.

And thank you very much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Dave Nelson 793,683
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Rick in Kansas 267,278
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 7 min AN NFL FAN 120,619
Top Five : Miss U 10 min andet1987 1
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 15 min andet1987 5,306
M O R E R O N of the Year: Kevin Ahles of Florida 34 min Doctor REALITY 6
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 37 min bacon hater 97,424
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 55 min mariayr 567,371
Scientific proof for God's existence 1 hr mariayr 492
More from around the web