“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#500870 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
That's weird you mention that because I just saw like ten minutes of it on Tuesday as it came on after the Ultimate Fighter and I was home from work Tuesday. I almost never watch tv direct and download everything but because i was home i watched it live. I was about to turn the tv off when an adversary came on saying the next show had a warning for strong violence and language. So I was curious what kind of show it was. The first ten minutes were great but I had a bunch of crap I was trying to get done so stopped then but actually made a note to check it out. I just started watching season 1 of "Breaking Bad". I am on episode 4.
Looks like I have another show to add to the list!
(T) Peace
~snicker~ deepening your ass crack on your couch

I have watched all the Breaking bad's on Netflix....and others....What bothers me is you get to the end and look forward to see how things end up and you have to wait 9 months to get the new season....But love it with no commercials....

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#500871 Mar 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Good God. I am an idiot.
:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#500872 Mar 9, 2013
Later.....

Peace.....

Love......

and

Brotherhood...

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#500873 Mar 9, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My 20 year old grandughter loves that Japenese singer who wears make-up and kind of dresses like a woman....Name some and I probably would recognize it....LOL...She loves everything Japanese
I admire your great nation and, most of all, your people. I don't believe there are more honest people on the planet than Americans.

I know you're going to scoff at that, because you are American, but truly, I have learned a lot about self-honesty from Americans. It was very refreshing to share apartments with them and learn how they talk of self and explain their desires and motivations.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#500874 Mar 9, 2013
Serah wrote:
I sort of get sick of reading these postings;
AnnieJ wrote:
This statement made by a follower of Jesus Christ sounds no different to me than what a radical Muslim would say...
"Step on them. They spirit not no higher than a cockroach, and they need to be crushed."
I know AJ is someone who walked away from Jesus Christ, and is no longer a Christian, but I can't see why the need to keep on posting these sort of postings..... and overstepped the mark in saying so.
Why shouldn't Annie reproduce that quote? You should be sickened by such posts. For me, that's the point in calling attention to them.
mike

AOL

#500875 Mar 9, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>No sir, this is not a entertainment site, this is a thread for believers sharing their testimonies and love for the Lord Jesus Christ for others, again not here for your foolish appetite to be entertained, what I told you was to make a point that prayer and fasting mixed with faith will draw an answer and results from God if you are honest and sincere and not hypocriting, I don't for sure what you mean by giving you a "demonstration" but you either believe me for what I have told you or you don't, couldn't really care less either way.
But you need to understand this........despite the large number of God haters that we have here, the original intent of this threads creation haven't changed, and there are still some of us who are going to testify of the Lord's greatness and goodness in our lives, and we will continue to lift up his name and praise him, so deal with it, it's not going to change.
Thanks

The reason any of us are here is simple,it's for entertainment. A GOD had nothing to do with this thread. Expressing your love for a GOD to other people is the result of frustration knowing a GOD could careless about you. People need people, that's been proven, an individual's belief is for personal use.

Prayer and fasting is meant to discpline the believer, it is not required to make a GOD respond to your needs, you can find scripture to back it up. If you make a claim a GOD has done something for you it is better received thru action not words.

Go back and read the first post to this thread, it's intent is whatever you as an individual get's from it, not a group purpose.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#500876 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>

Well I am not going to make a habit of posting to your posts. Just a couple of things I thought ironic and worth noting. I am sure the rest will simply be same ol' same ol
Is this a promise, or a personal decision to be changed at will?

I have a hunch your addictive personality will win out and your will power will be weak.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#500877 Mar 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like somebody's having a penis butter and KY Jelly sandwich.
Tis okay Mr Teddy you can roll me in the dirt all you want to but God gonna pick me up and dust all that dirt off.
mike

AOL

#500878 Mar 9, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>We have much to thank JESUS and GOD for my Sweet Cyber Sister ~ and having each other is one of them :)
Hello Serah

There are support groups without the belief in a GOD?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#500879 Mar 9, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> See what ya done now? You big cats is all the same!
Amen you are so right.Always best pick a ulgy one out of the litter no one wants.Besides they always become the most loveable.Just my two cents is all.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#500880 Mar 9, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that's a bit too naive for nations. Sure, their peoples have memories (short ones, but long grudges), but their leaders want power. So they work out their issues.
Sure, but it's those with "long grudges"-all it takes is one(with a mindset of Qin Shihaung or Wu Zetian) to rally and light a fire. Just learned through life 'never say never':)
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
China is Japan's largest trading partner - USA lost that position in 2005. It's unlikely China is going to do anything other than economically maneuver.
"Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy’s resistance without fighting." Sun Tzu

Under current leadership and for the time being, I would agree. They do have a growing middle class ,and can use their money to develop their own economy, produce better and more abundant products for their own citizens.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
They are called the "sleeping dragon" for a reason.
But, yes. We could have nuclear weapons this time tomorrow if we wanted. All the pieces are waiting.
Long live the Emperor...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#500881 Mar 9, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen you are so right.Always best pick a ulgy one out of the litter no one wants.Besides they always become the most loveable.Just my two cents is all.
Always pick the runt. Feed 'em raw eggs in ther food fer a year, an they'll be the healthiest and best friends for life.

Fennario

#500882 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Can you name even one substantial change you have made to the status quo in real life? Anything your "movement" has accomplished?
Yeah. Rational skepticism and secular humanism have given us science and political freedom for the individual. What has your "movement" - the Christian church - given us besides the Crusades, the Inquisitions, the Salem witch hunts, and more terror, shame, guilt and blame than humanity should have experienced?
Skombolis wrote:
Anything it has done to try to realize its goal of limiting the "church's" influence?
Yeah. It made burning people alive for "heresy" or "witchcraft" illegal.
Skombolis wrote:
If you were actually accomplishing anything you wouldn't spend so much time online
That's a pretty dim comment, Dim. It's actually the other way around. I wouldn't be here if it weren't accomplishing anything.

Besides, how would you know what I'm accomplishing. Just because you're ineducable doesn't mean that others aren't learning. They've often told me what they've learned from me, and I them. Read it and weep, oh ye Dim of Wit:

"You never thought of it that way? Really? I thought that I learned that from you."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

It happens all the time, even if you are too torpid to notice. Shouldn't you be coming out of hibernation soon?

Fennario

#500883 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
the only "followers" you have are people who already didn't like the "church" or had issues with it.
I don't have any followers.
Skombolis wrote:
I can only imagine the hours you spent writing about your movement that pretty much exists in your head.
That's where ideas live, Dim, and nowhere else. That's where your god lives, too.
Skombolis wrote:
You want to be known as the founder of 'secular humanism' don't you?
Some of you people are caricature of your own selves. Dude. Secular humanists wrote the US Constitution. Read the preamble. It resembles the Affirmations of Humanism, not your Commandments.
Skombolis wrote:
Let me ask you this. How does a doctor who claims if his patients want people that care about their overall well-being they should get a social worker get it into his head that he has the slightest idea about humanism? Even when being paid you couldn't go the extra mile for your fellow human being.
What? Are you referring to the specialization of the hospice team? It didn't take you long, did it, Dim?

For the ten thousandth time, find the words or STFU. I'm pretty sure that you're confabulating again. As usual, you provide nothing better than your useless recollection of your less than useless comprehension of my words to impugn my character. You are completely without honor.

And of course that is why in most states, you are not allowed to vote, own weapons, or serve on juries:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_of_rights_d...

By contrast, I am, and am also entrusted with peoples lives.

How dare you, you insolent snip.

“ Xue Rengui”

Khitan extraordinaire

#500884 Mar 9, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Serah
There are support groups without the belief in a GOD?
Hi Mike, and sure, Google can be your best friend:)

Have a good day;)
mike

AOL

#500885 Mar 9, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking within the context of the Bible. In the Bible miracles and punishments were witnessed by many but you may be right as far as God only speaking to one person at a time. I actually want to look into that so I know for myself but I can't think of any situations off-hand where God spoke to more than one person in the Bible other than Adam and Eve. It would seem like there would be other examples but maybe not
<quoted text>
You don't have to accept it but yeah you would have to take my word for it. What else could someone do that would accept?
<quoted text>
Its required as far as witnessing but people often enjoy talking about loved ones or sharing information they think may help someone. I realize despite coming to this room you have stated previously you prefer Christians keep their beliefs to themselves but I think that kind of demonstrates the problem. You have the freedom to come here if you wish or to avoid interacting with Christians if you wish. We have the freedom to talk about our faith. Is everything you do necessary or do you engage in things you enjoy doing as well? Its no different for us
<quoted text>
Absolutely. In fact I would say I have a duty to
<quoted text>
Well I have no way of knowing what things God has impacted so I couldn't comment on the first part. But I don't find God to be secretive just because He deals with people as individuals. A majority of the country is Christian so I think He must not be too secretive. But what need is there for God to deal with people as groups? However the bottom line is faith. Could God present Himself to the world? Sure. But what then? I believe this life is a test. Now no faith would be required and people would change how they act only for self-serving reasons like kids being good before Christmas. I think faith is a key element because it also requires someone to try to be a better person even knowing there may be no payout. It is more legit that way IMO
Thanks
I eagerly disagree with the supposed "Many" witnesses, you have one storytellers claim. People need people more than they need a GOD and that is "fact". A GOD doesn't comfort anyone, people do in many ways. The world is full of half-hearted wanna-be christians.
I too enjoy talking about the GOD concept, what needs to be understood is, people make or break the GOD concept, what you say has little effect in the looong run, what you do in regards to hands-on has a greater effect...Why do people talk about having faith, what is the underline reason other than to pamper self?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#500886 Mar 9, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Le-Le....Why are you fighting with every female poster?......
She's jealous that I tease them and not her. LOL

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#500887 Mar 9, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
How about somebody coming home drunk and trying to pull a shirt or sweater over their head unsuccessfully, then hurling into it?
http://inapcache.boston.com/universal/site_gr...
YIKES! LOL

Think I would just throw the shirt in the trash...

Fennario

#500888 Mar 9, 2013
@ Dim - check it. This is how you do it, although with you, I also require a link to make sure you moved the words without changing them. From http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... to Le_Le
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>What??
hick-up wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey ...
you gotta beef with me?
hu
Your reply
huh?
Just know how you feel about certain topics I
am a bit passionate about..***
You have implied that you have beefs with certain topics you are a bit passionate about when you posted that in reply to HU's posting!!!
Why didn't you say no to his question instead of replying as you did if you have no been with him? Anyway, sorry for misinterpreting your reply to HU, I am sure he understands what you mean, even if I misunderstood???
Le_Le is now in a position to explain what her words meant if she does not agree with Serah's read on them.

By contrast, what we get with you is like what I just got, "How does a doctor who claims if his patients want people that care about their overall well-being they should get a social worker get it into his head that he has the slightest idea about humanism?"

Persisting with such tactics even after having had the problem with them explained to you repeatedly is what makes what you do dishonorable.
mike

AOL

#500890 Mar 9, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mike, and sure, Google can be your best friend:)
Have a good day;)
Hello Senecus

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Buck Crick 740,267
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 20 min Lost In Transition 173,856
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min feces for jesus 227,884
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min Aura Mytha 259,721
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 57 min well 95,539
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Tim Osman 118,209
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr hojo 543,117

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••